Countdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We should all hopefully get in somewhere. It doesnt matter where, and at times, it doesnt matter when. If not this year, maybe next year, or the year after next. After we get either a DDS or a DMD, who gives a damn when or where we studied. Good luck to all, I am sure a good portion of all us SDNers will get in atleast at one D-school.

Members don't see this ad.

10 more days! Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :D :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
dat_student said:
Thanks for the kind words. I know you are very frustrated. There are better ways to vent your frustration and cure your sickness. The reply was not for you.

[I don't recall disrespecting you in any way. That was really uncalled for.]

I wasn't trying to disrespect you :eek: I love you man. You say things I wish I could say :( Damn, I can't believe I've gotten on dat_student's bad side :(

msdentist06 said:
Get a life. enough already

Hey noobie, STFU :) Get more than 10 posts then start talking ****e :thumbup:

9 MORE DAYS! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :D :laugh:

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Come on! We've made it this far!! Though I'm sure the last week is the most excrutiating out of all! At this point I'm sort of laughing at myself...a mixture of LOTS of excitement, anxiety, dread, and mixed confidence. It's just so funny how we all take certain parts of our lives so seriously!

Let's countdown like they do for the New Year, starting from 10. We'll just have to go veery sloooowly. Ready? niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...

...iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine....

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow! Everyone is so excited for the first...I remember being in the same position last year. Just as a heads up, you may not hear exactly on the first...it could come a couple days, weeks, or months later so don't get your hopes up too high because the waiting game after the first is even more intense.. Good luck to everyone though!!

Sprgrover said:
Let me guess, stress and anxiety are not in your vocabulary. :D

Hang in there, guys, it's almost here!

What does stress mean?

I'm a little anxious, just because Dec. 1st is a highly touted date. Otherwise I sleep fine. I'm more worried about my virology test right now than Dec. 1st..........9 days 9 1/2 hours

;) :D

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhttttt more days! aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :D :laugh:

I'm loving this! :D

what's exactly supposed to happen on Dec. 1st??? :confused:

Schools let you know their admission decisions starting Dec.1 :)

you guys are aware of the fact that some people here may get their acceptance letter before dec. 1st. Best of luck. keeping my fingers crossed for next week.

:D
This is like a one month long adrenaline rush!
I have been jumoig off this bridge for a month!
Let's hope there is water under this bridge!

Lame analogy, but its almost midnight, school is over for 5 striaght days, brain ...officially...shutting....

OFF!

8 days, 1/2 hour

ramona_k said:
you guys are aware of the fact that some people here may get their acceptance letter before dec. 1st. Best of luck. keeping my fingers crossed for next week.

From all the discussions here, it seems apparent that this would only happen if they put it in the mail a few days early (to arrive on Dec 1) and you happened to be close enough to the school that it arrived before that date. Right? Or is there something I don't know?

I'mFillingFine said:
From all the discussions here, it seems apparent that this would only happen if they put it in the mail a few days early (to arrive on Dec 1) and you happened to be close enough to the school that it arrived before that date. Right? Or is there something I don't know?

yes, you're exactly right. Few schools will send the letter next week (monday /tuesday probebly) so some peopel end up getting the letters on the 29th or maybe even earlier. wow, December 1st is almost in a week from today. Have a safe break everyone.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

this thread brings back a lot of memories.

good luck to you all. i know how you all feel around this time.

sssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx more days! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :) :D

and mmmmmmmm, turkey day is here! I shall be having a very light breakfast--candy! in preparation for the FEAST! :D :laugh:

I'm thankful that we can all feast in joy on this day....I will say a prayer for myself, and everyone else, in hopes we get into dental school!

dexadental said:
I'm thankful that we can all feast in joy on this day....I will say a prayer for myself, and everyone else, in hopes we get into dental school!

I'm not gonna say anything :D Have a happy thanksgiving everyone. I'll pray for all of you as well. May God, or whatever power there is, guide us on the right path :)

Yes, happy Thanksgiving everyone~

We've done a fine job of waiting thus far... less than a week left till Dec. 1~ :)

LadyxJC said:
Yes, happy Thanksgiving everyone~

We've done a fine job of waiting thus far... less than a week left till Dec. 1~ :)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

fiiiiiivvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeee more days! *Lets out an earth-shattering, turkey flavored BURP!* eeewww, I sure can be yucky! Well I was just kidding about the burp. :D

1992Corolla said:
4 days, 5 1/2 hours

Four days, that's it?! WOW. I'm so excited! Our futures are coming in four days! :D

Ffffffffffffffffffffffoooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrr more days! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :D :laugh:

duh? said:
Ffffffffffffffffffffffoooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrr more days! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :D :laugh:
you're all making me really nervous! >_< But wow...it's getting closer to DEc 1st!

anyways, so would we actually really receive the mail right on the 1st or would they MAil it out on the 1st? Deep Breath! and PRAY! =D .....*chanting and praying* ummbala sha la....ummmm baaaaa lllaaaaaaaa..... :laugh:

I feel most people will get their letters sometime within the first week in december. Different schools have different methods of sending out their decisions-- snail mail, email, phone call, AADSAS. So it all depends on what your school does. I just enjoy the countdown, that's why I do it. :D

duh? said:
I feel most people will get their letters sometime within the first week in december. Different schools have different methods of sending out their decisions-- snail mail, email, phone call, AADSAS. So it all depends on what your school does. I just enjoy the countdown, that's why I do it. :D

I'm only waiting on Creighton and UPenn for Dec. 1. I think that a lot of people will receive their letters on the Monday Dec. 5. Good luck everyone and remember, if we don't get an acceptance on Dec. 1 it's not the end of the world. They'll be rolling in up until the first day of classes so be ready for anything.

wooo hooo, less than a week left til December 1-- Will dental schools post your status on AADSAS on Dec 1? or maybe at least email you? What percentage of the dental class is accepted on Dec 1? 60% maybe? I have no idea what will happen w/me, but I just want some kind of feedback.

sopink said:
wooo hooo, less than a week left til December 1-- Will dental schools post your status on AADSAS on Dec 1? or maybe at least email you? What percentage of the dental class is accepted on Dec 1? 60% maybe? I have no idea what will happen w/me, but I just want some kind of feedback.

...i don't know about that...AADSAS updates are pretty slow. :) ...but maybe they would update by the 1st...who knows...despite their delayed updates...i still check my status like each time i log on...just for the sake of checking. :D

GOOD LUCk everyone. :luck: and yes...i at least want some kind of feedback too...but maybe no feedback is better than a rejection letter :eek:

4 days, 6 hours, 6 minutes...

Audio said:
I'm only waiting on Creighton and UPenn for Dec. 1. I think that a lot of people will receive their letters on the Monday Dec. 5. Good luck everyone and remember, if we don't get an acceptance on Dec. 1 it's not the end of the world. They'll be rolling in up until the first day of classes so be ready for anything.
I thought the lady at Penn said they would MAIL the letters on Dec 1st.

sopink said:

UNMC's pamphlet says they will call and send certified mail. I am not sure if you applied to Creighton too, but they use the AADSAS designations page. Good luck next week.

thanks, good luck to you too!

duh? said:
I thought the lady at Penn said they would MAIL the letters on Dec 1st.

Yeah, she did. I meant that I'd be considered for admissions on Dec. 1 at only Penn and Creighton. Sorry to confuse you.

Also, if anyone wants to know, Creighton will send their letters out Dec. 1 also and won't update on AADSAS. That's what the lady told me at the admissions office

What?! almost 12.30! I almost forgot my regular shout out. :D
THRRRREEEEEEEEEE MORE DAYS! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
AHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :laugh: :D :laugh: :laugh:

Audio said:
Yeah, she did. I meant that I'd be considered for admissions on Dec. 1 at only Penn and Creighton. Sorry to confuse you.

Also, if anyone wants to know, Creighton will send their letters out Dec. 1 also and won't update on AADSAS. That's what the lady told me at the admissions office

Oh, that's fine. I just didn't want to get my hopes up for DEC 1. I'll hound my mail box on monday 5th DEC.

Audio said:

I hope none of us would have to wait until 5th. But again, it is always better to prepare for worse (or whatever you might call it).