Countdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Man, why do you keep changing your stat. :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

I can't believe I just watched 24: Season 3 from start to finish today :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Unemployed said:
I can't believe I just watched 24: Season 3 from start to finish today :eek:

NO WAY. You have so much TIME!! I went to three classes (one of which was a three hour lab), went swimming, ate dinner, went to the library, and now I'm here on SDN. You are sooo lucky you get to watch tv all day!!

Missserica said:
NO WAY. You have so much TIME!! I went to three classes (one of which was a three hour lab), went swimming, ate dinner, went to the library, and now I'm here on SDN. You are sooo lucky you get to watch tv all day!!

It's not really hyped up to its glory. I finished school in June, so I have been pretty much unemployed (hence the name). I try to keep myself busy by volunteering for Katrina, Food Banks, and Soup Kitchens. I would give anything to be back in school........with 8 units :laugh:

Life kinda sucks at times...there needs to be a balance of work and play. I can't wait to play golf on my days off :D

Okay, so you have a lot of free time. Here's what you can do: You can do my LDH (Lactate Dehydrogenase) report for my Biochem class....

PS: *****I just finished my LDH report****** (15 pages)... I love Biochem and I love UCLA :thumbup: :thumbup:

Unemployed said:
It's not really hyped up to its glory. I finished school in June, so I have been pretty much unemployed (hence the name). I try to keep myself busy by volunteering for Katrina, Food Banks, and Soup Kitchens. I would give anything to be back in school........with 8 units :laugh:

Life kinda sucks at times...there needs to be a balance of work and play. I can't wait to play golf on my days off :D

NA4242 said:
PS: *****I just finished my LDH report****** (15 pages)... I love Biochem :thumbup: :thumbup:

I see this waiting is getting to you!

HA 15 pages...you should see my virology exams...BAM Iown evryone on this board! Just kidding. I barely studied and pulled off another victory. This will all catch up during finals...hopefully I wont have to worry...dec 1st.

NA4242 said:
Okay, so you have a lot of free time. Here's what you can do: You can do my LDH (Lactate Dehydrogenase) report for my Biochem class....

PS: *****I just finished my LDH report****** (15 pages)... I love Biochem and I love UCLA :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ahh yess, a fellow Bruin...good times man.

I do miss the hills at times...I'm assuming you are taking 153L.

F*CK SC WEEK!!!!!!!!!! My only purpose...and teeth

Shoot...

No early good news in my mailbox today.

I can't BELIEVE we might find out tomorrow at midnight!!!!

:) --> :( --> :scared: --> :eek: --> :barf:

I'mFillingFine said:
I can't BELIEVE we might find out tomorrow at midnight!!!!

:) --> :( --> :scared: --> :eek: --> :barf:

this question has probably been asked a bunch of times, but .. do you think AADSAS will suddenly change our statuses at midnight tomorrow?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think some will, and some will want the pleasure of hearing us shriek (as professionally as possible, of course) on the phone in the morning! I just hope that, if someone wakes me up, I don't say anything rediculous....;)

I SOOO high on excitement and adrenaline! I'm past being nervous and am just excited (or so I tell myself). Tonight I thought 45 minutes had gone by and it was only 7 minutes later. Am I going insane?????

tinman831 said:
from what i've been told, the schools can change the status on the AADSAS website. :D

Your a troll.

Actually, the 7 of the 10 schools that I have applied and interviewed with have yet to even change the status on my AADSAS application.

So unless you know someone, plan to find out the good/bad news around the 3rd or 5th, unless you live next to the school, then plan on the 2nd.

tinman831 said:
from what i've been told, the schools can change the status on the AADSAS website. :D

But do they REALLY change it? You know what I mean? B/c it seems like AADSAS is madd slow! Or, are they slow every other day except Dec 1? Well, I guess it doesn't really matter .. I am just going crazy. I don't know if I'm even excited anymore, I'm scared of rejection :(

Missserica said:
But do they REALLY change it? You know what I mean? B/c it seems like AADSAS is madd slow! Or, are they slow every other day except Dec 1? Well, I guess it doesn't really matter .. I am just going crazy. I don't know if I'm even excited anymore, I'm scared of rejection :(

I asked this question here and was told that schools have direct access to the AADSAS status page and can update it without the help of AADSAS. Whether or not the schools keep your status up to date is another matter. :) So when December 1 rolls around, I think the school would update the status, not AADSAS.

tinman831 said:
I asked this question here and was told that schools have direct access to the AADSAS status page and can update it without the help of AADSAS. Whether or not the schools keep your status up to date is another matter. :) So when December 1 rolls around, I think the school would update the status, not AADSAS.

CORRECT! AADSAS doesn't update, they HOST the page for the SCHOOLS to update. If I was a secretary at ________ dental school and I wanted to change your status right now, as soon as I updated and pressed refresh you could see it. It's the beauty of the internet. I doubt many schools will update on AADSAS though. Considering my status page on AADSAS is nigh near blank except fot 5-7 schools out of 16 applied.

Yeah only 2 out of 8 schools that I applied to update their aadsas... and even those schools updated only once.

But I know Tufts will update aadsas on Dec. 1... but not at midnight~

13 hours, 36 minutes...

tinman831

so did anyone find out which timezone is 12am point?

I would think it would be whenever the time zone that the school is in reaches midnight. Ofr example, Louisville is Eastern, so at their midnight, Cali people will get the email even though it is 9pm on Nov. 30. Let's say UCLA emails at their midnight, Cali people would get it at midnight while eastern people wouldn't get it til 3am.

IN ABOUT 13 HOURS.. IT WILL BE DEC. 1 AND HOPEFULLY THIS THREAD WILL END.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

been calm.. but i must admit.. im getting anxious now.. :scared: :scared:

Does anyone know if IU updates the AADSAS site tonight or we have to wait till to tomorrow morning to call them?

duh? said:
*furiously rubbing me eyes* Shame? did i just read "SHAME?" No way. Don't hang anything in shame. you've worked hard and soon enough the hard work will pay off. All this just means that when you do get your reward you will appreciate it more because you waited longer. Keep your head up! You'll be fine. You have a nice attitude about wishing others good luck even when things aren't looking great for you, I believe you will get a chance and we will all be celebrating! I wish you the BEST! :D

Thanks Duh?.... I needed that kick in the butt.. I have worked my butt off the past few years, I just found out today that I will be graduating Summa Cum Laude from my school, (providing I don't bomb any of my remaining two classes left for graduation) which is a big honor for me.. It's that stupid DAT that really screwed me up... To graduate with high honors and not get into Dschool because of that freggin test would really suck... Well, im not out of the game yet, I didnt get any interviews, but atleast I didnt hear back from the remaining 10 schools with rejection letters.. So there is still hope... Who knows, maybe i'll get a surprise and get one of those NYU acceptance w/o interview letters on Dec 1st being that I am a NY resident... Good luck to you as well, I hope the best for everyone.. I wish there was more seats so we could ALL celebrate......

1992Corolla said:
This is my 2nd time applying...don't sweat it! Improve the application and pray I don't chat on here next year this time.....

SECOND AND LAST TIME COROLLA!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS, I read your other post about TEMPLE.................... GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

Thanks Kremlar. I am a hoping...

*edit*
Good luck to you too!

2 hours, 52 minutes, and 12 seconds until D-Day

Kremlar said:
Thanks Duh?.... I needed that kick in the butt.. I have worked my butt off the past few years, I just found out today that I will be graduating Summa Cum Laude from my school, (providing I don't bomb any of my remaining two classes left for graduation) which is a big honor for me.. It's that stupid DAT that really screwed me up... To graduate with high honors and not get into Dschool because of that freggin test would really suck... Well, im not out of the game yet, I didnt get any interviews, but atleast I didnt hear back from the remaining 10 schools with rejection letters.. So there is still hope... Who knows, maybe i'll get a surprise and get one of those NYU acceptance w/o interview letters on Dec 1st being that I am a NY resident... Good luck to you as well, I hope the best for everyone.. I wish there was more seats so we could ALL celebrate......

You're welcome. :D

I'mFillingFine said:
83 Minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darn, when you put it like that it just seems soo short! This thread is approching its official end.

Wait till someone who doesn't get anything tomorrow decides to extend it to a Dec 5th countdown. :laugh:

lol... let us all take this time to remind ourselves that 70 minutes later will just be the first moment when acceptances officially START. The countdown should continue to whenever we hear from the schools we want to hear from... :D

LadyxJC said:
lol... let us all take this time to remind ourselves that 70 minutes later will just be the first moment when acceptances officially START. The countdown should continue to whenever we hear from the schools we want to hear from... :D

:laugh: :laugh:

are u guys expecting a letter or a phonecall?

53 minutes...

I'm hoping for an immediate email from Louisville...

food4thots said:

i don't know what i'm expecting... anything (letter or phone call or email) will do if it has the appropriate message that I am waiting for :p

Wow, 110 people viewing this predent forum... :eek:

food4thots said:

excepting phone call from umkc tommorow morning and letters from the rest of schools.

just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck. regardless of what happens in the coming days, keep ya heads up.

Anyone else feel like this is the new New Year's Eve? I feel like I'm waiting for the ball to drop!!

30 minutes!!! :eek:

Good luck everyone!! I hope everyone gets in somewhere!! We've all worked hard! We so deserve i!

20!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Are you:

A. Excited

B. Sick

C. Anxious

D. Indifferent

?

I'mFillingFine said:
20!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Are you:

A. Excited

B. Sick

C. Anxious

D. Indifferent