DAT-How many questions can I miss?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

D1Bound

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I realize that there are different difficulties of DAT's and different averages from year to year. I was just wondering if anyone knew roughly how many problems you could miss per section and still clear a 19 in a section on the DAT. I take my DAT in 3 weeks. I would like to make a 20 on the test but I want how many problems I can allow myself to miss. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on how people perform on the specific version of the test you take. It isn't predetermined that "3 questions incorrect = 23" or something like that. Just do your best and you'll come out on top!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

There isn't an answer to your question. It depends on the test you have. If it is a more difficult version maybe you can miss 5-6 questions, if it is an easy one maybe only 2-3. There is absolutely no way to know. Study well and try to miss as few as possible!

Members don't see this ad :)
Really no way to know for sure. On practice tests id get like 5 wrong and get a 25 or something. On the real DAT, I got what I'm confident is at most 1-2 wrong in orgo and got a 23. It really does depend on your test! Just do your absolute best

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Why are you shooting so low? Only a 20?

A good quality to have is to always be testing and challenging your perceived abilities. Aim for a 23-24. Don't accept any lower. You'll be surprised with your results if you study with that goal in mind.

Reactions: 3 users
Why are you shooting so low? Only a 20?

A good quality to have is to always be testing and challenging your perceived abilities. Aim for a 23-24. Don't accept any lower. You'll be surprised with your results if you study with that goal in mind.
I just haven't been doing super hot on the chem and PAT DAT bootcamp tests so I've been a little less optimistic lately

I just haven't been doing super hot on the chem and PAT DAT bootcamp tests so I've been a little less optimistic lately

Remember, the PAT score doesn't get counted into your academic average (AA), it is its own separate entity. That doesn't mean it isn't important, but it isn't the end of the world if you get a 18-19 on that section (I got an 18). Just keep practicing! What materials are you using to prepare?

Remember, the PAT score doesn't get counted into your academic average (AA), it is its own separate entity. That doesn't mean it isn't important, but it isn't the end of the world if you get a 18-19 on that section (I got an 18). Just keep practicing! What materials are you using to prepare?
I'm using bootcamp, math destroyer, DAT destroyer, I've been reading Cliff's AP biology. I'm just coming off of taking O chem so I feel like I will be okay in that.

My reading comprehension was really hard and I guessed 12 questions in the last 5 mins and got a 21. On practise questions I got 4 wrong for 21 sometimes.

I'm using bootcamp, math destroyer, DAT destroyer, I've been reading Cliff's AP biology. I'm just coming off of taking O chem so I feel like I will be okay in that.

Have you used Chad's at all to help with chem? I highly suggest using it to get a strong understanding of all the concepts you will be tested on

Have you used Chad's at all to help with chem? I highly suggest using it to get a strong understanding of all the concepts you will be tested on
I have used Chad's but I guess I had a week and a half gap from the end of his lectures to the start of my gen chem practicing. I've been going through Mike's videos on bootcamp on my spare time to try and reiterate the concepts.

My reading comprehension was really hard and I guessed 12 questions in the last 5 mins and got a 21. On practise questions I got 4 wrong for 21 sometimes.
Well I suppose I want a really hard test then? lol

Well I suppose I want a really hard test then? lol
If you want a 20 then ya a "harder" test could be more forgiving. If you want a really high score, I think an easier (i.e. easier than BC) test would be better.