Dating in Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Again, you attack me, with the hope of scoring 'points' yet you miss the big picture.

Again it shows your inexperience. I've read the journal entry a long time ago for a sociology class. Thanks...but no, that is not me.

I give the same exact advice in a previous post as you spewed out which I presume is from your buddy player. How can I be the one with metacognitive deficienies? Oh wait...I'm not.

My advice is from personal experience.

Again, so what about it? Its been torrented. ooooo. he talked to 'x' persons over a year...none of that means anything. How many of those peope were truly helped? How many of those guys are truly getting anything out of it?

Think..dude...if its really that amazing, it would not only be an amazing service, it would have worlwide attention and every male would be choosing his program. yet its a very small group of people I never even heard of this schlub until you brought it up. Most havn't, and most dont need to.

I dont question his advice....mainly because its the same advice I give. But i question his motives, I question the fact that insecure men swarm to his open arms paying cash for advice that every normal guy should get on his own through some hard work and a little patience.

And, yes, I have helped friends meet girls and strike up conversations thereafter, get their numbers and actually meet with them. What they do at that point on I've always left to them. and the range of girls has been from a 6-9. I don't give out 'perfect' numbers to any person.

I'm not arguing with you anymore...because of 3 reasons.

1. You don't know what your talking about.
2. You're defending a guy with such ferocity as if you worship him...its obvious you're one of the desperate schlubs who needs his advice and read everything this person has out there. Very nice.
3. I've got better things to do.

If anyone needs actual advice, PM me. peace.

1. I know exactly what I'm talking about and my stats show.
2. I don't worship anybody. I incorporate other people's good ideas. Being a fan gets you nowhere.
3. You don't have better things to do, obviously from your 10 page responses.
4. If you are that good, why is nobody paying you for advice? Why does nobody know you?

Members don't see this ad.

Come on guys...can't we all just get along? :laugh:

Look people, it was obvious that a few of the original posters here needed some help and advice. Some of us are chiming in to give said advice. Whether or not anyone wants to listen is up to them. I myself was very shy and lousy with girls until college and hey I turned my stuff around. Yeah, I read a few things here and there to give me a little insight and realized that all you really need is to be a good talker and be confident (and no, I didn't pay for anything). I still need some work and am not a player or claim to be...just to be more assertive and date the girls I want to date, instead of just waiting for my perfect girlfriend to fall onto my lap. I have learned how to be more successful and outgoing than I used to be, and therefore much happier. That's why I cringe when I read about guys who need help and used to do exactly what didn't work for me. I try to open their eyes and change their perspective you know? Just figured some guys would appreciate some pointers about what works. Surag man, if you turned yourself around on your own without anyone's advice, that's fantastic man - you did what few guys manage on their own. Props. Most guys need a little push here and there.

Listen I'm busy and done writing essays on here...if anyone wants to ask me something or wants to chat about anything, PM me.

Later guys, have a great day :thumbup:

The only people that can be helped are the ones that help themselves. If you think being a doctor and having money will solve your problems good luck. You'll be at a club and some guy working at mcdonalds is talking to a hot girl and you are just standing there like a wall flower with your drink up high wonder wtf just happened.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has any guy done "Hit it and quit it" with their female classmates. If so, how did it turn out?

Last edited:
Has any guy done "Hit it and quit it" with their female classmates. If so, how did it turn out?

Isn't the point of quit it that you don't see the person again? :idea: How can you "hit and quit" if you are in class with them EVERY FREAKING DAY

Yes, I am a girl. Let me tell you a little secret; girls talk. And p.s. if you sleep with one in your class everyone will know, and if you try to 'move on to the next target' ppl will notice. It's not that big a group and you are with them day in day out. Fish outside of your home pond.

Currently, I've been long-distance with a girl for 6 months and counting. We are planning to move in together this September.

I have to say that even though we're long distance, being with her brings sooo much happiness and meaning to my life. In fact, I can say with certainty that we're closer now than we were before we went LDR.

the vast majority of long distance relationships have been failures...actually all of them.
-suraq

I definitely understand where you're coming from. I have a few friends who have told me that LDRs are not worth the effort. But I believe that relationships usually don't fail due to going long-distance. It is because relationship problems become magnified when it becomes long-distance. There are a few common reasons why certain relationships fail when they go distance:

(by the way, I believe the following applies to all relationships, not just long-distance. These problems only become more obvious when a relationship goes distance)

1. If your relationship is based on superficial factors such as physical attraction, status, or money, it will fail. The beauty about LDRs is that status, money, beauty are much less of a factor. If you a person who is passionate about life, filled with depth, and genuinely interesting, being long-distance will only make your partner want you even more. But if you just rely on the superficial aspects of yourself to keep your partner interested, then you're partner isn't going to get much out of this relationship and may feel compelled to seek greener pastures.

You may never realize how superficial your relationship is until it goes long distance. That's one of the reasons why I consider this to be the ultimate test of whether you and your partner are meant to be together. In the past, I have been in a relationship where I dated a girl during the school year and after I went home for the summer, I realized that our relationship was mostly physical. I didn't feel deeply connected to her and by the end of the summer we had drifted apart.

2. Insecurity and mistrust will guarantee that your LDR fails. You're not the only guy in this world. She will meet new friends (some of which are guys and some of which don't have the noblest of intentions!).
I'll give you examples from my own experience of some of the things I've come across:
-MCAT instructor who tried to game my gf (haha total abuse of power here)
-valentine's gifts from her guy friends and ex-boyfriend
-various facebook messages from guys saying 'you look sexy', asking her out on bike-rides, etc.
-one douchebag even tried to play 'boyfriend breaker' by sending me messages making fun of me, hoping to incur a jealousy.
Now ask yourself honestly, would you be comfortable knowing/hearing about these things? Would it make you feel insecure? Do you trust that your girlfriend to make the right decision? It's normal to feel a bit uncomfortable, but don't let your own insecurities turn into the need to control your partner. I've seen really bad instances where a friend of mine kept questioning his GF about what she was doing on a certain night and the guy-friends she was hanging around with.

Remember that your partner is free (and so are you) to choose who to be with. It's just you both have chosen to be with each other. But you should not go about trying to restrict his/her choices. Remember that you are the person she chose out of all the douchebags in the world.

3. If you're not dedicated, your LDR will fail. If you are under the belief system that long-distance relationships aren't worth the work and are prone to failure, then guess what? You're probably going to end up proving yourself right. But let's face the facts, an LDR is going to take even more effort then a normal relationship. You will have your own life. You will have your own friends. You will be busy. You will notice other girls. Other girls will notice you.

It's also a matter of how much work you put into it. The more you put into a relationship, the more you will get back. On the downside, the more you put into a relationship, the more you will be hurt if things work out. There's really no way around this one. Love can be painful; at times it can make you depressed; it can even make you hate yourself. But love is also the most wonderful thing in the world if you happen to find it and are lucky enough to hold on to it. It's important to let your partner knows how dedicated you are and how much you love them. Recently, my girlfriend and I have gone on a cruise of the Caribbean together and are planning to go on a road-trip across the states (We're Canadian btw). I just find that doing stuff like this is really refreshing and gives a good break from the constant longing.

Now.... I know what I've written is really cheesy romantic stuff and a bunch of guys (especially those self-professed pick up artists) are just waiting to bash me. But when did being romantic become equated with being desparate and lacking confidence? Obviously some people here have read 'The Game' and have adopted the book as gospel. I believe that being genuine with a girl is the best way to go about it. There is nothing wrong with believing that your girlfriend is the person for you. It doesn't make you immature and it doesn't necessarily indicate that you're inexperienced. I am comfortable with putting a lot of value into my relationship. Eventually every successful relationship must reach the phase where you both believe that the other person is the person for you. Ask yourself if you would really consider marrying someone if you didn't genuinely believe that.

Last edited:
Yeah, trumpeting your career choice makes you a huge douche, but it's wildly successful.
I have a really funny story about that:

I was drinking with a friend at a local bar (we were both 2nd yr UG at the time). He happens to see this chick who looks a couple years older and he decides to approach her. He starts by saying...

guy: 'hey girl. how's the party over here?'
hot girl: 'it's good.'

guy: 'me and my friend just celebrating the fact that we just got into medical school'
hot girl:'oh really?? CONGRATS!!! you should meet my friend over here.

at this point the girl's friend takes one look at my friend and says...

hot girl's friend: you're not in medical school.
guy: yeah i am. who are you to say?
hot girl's friend: i'm in meds right now and i've never seen you before. i know you're not in meds.

ROFL. what are the chances huh???? he picks out one girl from the bar and her friend happens to be a 1st year medical student. tough luck.

But anyways a piece of advice if I may... Trumpeting your career is kind of stupid. A truly beautiful person doesn't need to go around trumpeting that he/she is beautiful. If a person does trumpet his/her beauty, then that person probably isn't beautiful. Likewise, a person with true value doesn't need to go around trumpeting about his career. Girls are very perceptive to this and there is nothing that is a bigger turn-off than pretentiousness and an inflated ego.

But I do agree that it can be very successful with certain girls. These are girls that have 'shopping list' criteria for the type of guys they want. They're also the ones that annoy the **** out of me. I've found that medical school is filled with these types of girls that try to rationalize their relationships with guys by reducing it to money, status, and appearances. Shallowness is a huge dealbreaker for guys as well as girls.

Last edited:
You dont go right up to a chick and say "im in med school" and pulls down pants.

You embed that in a story. That way, you convey yourself without sounding cocky and insecure. For example, "in anatomy class today we saw something really interesting blah blah". However, if you are with a wingman, your wing can brag about you and you can brag about your wing, and its all good.

Members don't see this ad :)
zoochini... good job for you.

chemsoon: THIS IS YOUR POST

"This is going to be a real challenge but I think I am able to do it! During college, I played a grand total of 11,000 Starcraft games, 5 level 90+ Diablo 2 characters, and 3 part time jobs.

So if my gf brings the butter, and I don't have to work 3 jobs while in med school, I think I can do it. I don't think med school would be more time consuming than chemE + 3 jobs."

Everything you say is so questionable.

There's no need for a wingman, there's no need for any of it. Wingman or not, how YOU act, and HOW CONFIDENT YOU are is all that matters. I dont care if your buddy is awesom, or shy, hot, or not. Unless he's got a brothel/so popular girls will look at you and be like wow he must be great too, chances are, if you're not confident or carry yourself the right way you'll suffer.

No matter how many wingmen you carry around its useless. Never think its some sort of panacea.

Dating in medical school is OK, happens often, and is not something to be ashamed of. Some will break up, and some will get married. It's a part of life. You don't stop living when you start medical school.

Another thing I am going to copy and paste- I posted this on the other site but here it is:

Here's a fact you'd better get in your mind right now: Women don't make good "friends" for men; they simply become "sexless boyfriends";

Here's another: When women hold all the cards, they know it and they don't respect the men over whom they hold them.

Here one more: Women need to respect the men they date.

And one last one: Women don't want to be chased by men - they want to DO the chasing!

Everything you said is good advice....

but....i just copied and pasted some of what you said on google and it took me straight to some guy who does Double Your Dating.

at least if you're going to give advice don't plagiarize! Its an online forum for christ sakes...no need to pass it of as its your own. Just tell people, here's a good site check it out I learned from here, bla bla bla.

Double dating seems pretty good actually. I agree with what I saw. But I wouldnt pay for it...lol.

- Fix your body language: be confident. Don't slouch, chest out, deep voice, talk loud enough to be heard without leaning in, no hands in pockets, don't hold your drink in front of your chest like a psychological shield, etc.

The "talking loud enough to be heard without leaning in" deal is probably impossible to me. In really loud places I usually have to talk really close to people due to my soft voice...that's why I enjoy conversing in people in places outside of those places.

Double Your Dating.

at least if you're going to give advice don't plagiarize! Its an online forum for christ sakes...no need to pass it of as its your own. Just tell people, here's a good site check it out I learned from here, bla bla bla.

Actually, I don't think i copied and paste it from Double your Dating. I don't remember this from there. Anyways, it was a quote that one my friend sent me through some link awhile ago. Yea, either way I shouldn't plagiarize as my own, haha. I still am not a master PUA yet. :D
GoLakers

P.S. I have read that "Double your Dating" book like two years ago. It gives VERY GOOD advice how to get your foot in the door with hot girls and find ways to impress them. However, they don't really tell you how to DEEPLY and EMOTIONALLY CONNECT with females. If you want nice, classy girls in bed, the latter is more important than the former. However, I still do recommend "DOUBLE YOUR DATING" for most starters that want to get their foot in the door.

Personally, I recommend 'The Mystery Method' or "THE GAME" by Neil Strauss!

personally, I dont recommend any book at all. Personally...just go out there and practice. All the advice I've posted and yes even some of hte stuff posted here by others is more than enough to get anyone started. Seriously guys...just go out and practice.

Doctors dont do surgery after reading books...they practice. The same applies for almost all life skills. Reading a book wont do much other htan boost your short term self esteem. Until you get rejected. And hten you throw away all this advice...thinking its all useless or give up or put it in limbo. But the reality is you have to practice and try and try again even when u fail for the 100th time.

Ok I haven't read the whole thread because I don't really have time but why wouldn't you date in med school? You might be busy but you wont be working 24/7 so you have time. I am going into my 4th year and have been dating the majority of the time. My bf is a surgical registrar, about the equivalent of your mid level surgical resident and we see each other loads.

zoochini

There's no need for a wingman, there's no need for any of it.

personally, I dont recommend any book at all. Personally...just go out there and practice.

1. I never said you need a wingman, I said "given if you had a wingman.. da da da". Learn some English comp.

2. You should both read AND go out. You should do both.
a. On the MCATs you read and ALSO do the practice problems.
b. At the gym, you should read "Starting Strength" as well as workout. How often do you see a jackass doing curls on the squat rack? Its because they didn't spend 10 minutes to read.
c. Same here, you should read, and also go out. Going out alone is simply learning from trial and error and calibration. Reading saves you a lot of errors.

This' gotta be one of the best posts i've read on sdn in a loooooong time.

Golakers...you forget...its not all about sex.

Currently, I've been long-distance with a girl for 6 months and counting. We are planning to move in together this September.

I have to say that even though we're long distance, being with her brings sooo much happiness and meaning to my life. In fact, I can say with certainty that we're closer now than we were before we went LDR.

-suraq

I definitely understand where you're coming from. I have a few friends who have told me that LDRs are not worth the effort. But I believe that relationships usually don't fail due to going long-distance. It is because relationship problems become magnified when it becomes long-distance. There are a few common reasons why certain relationships fail when they go distance:

(by the way, I believe the following applies to all relationships, not just long-distance. These problems only become more obvious when a relationship goes distance)

1. If your relationship is based on superficial factors such as physical attraction, status, or money, it will fail. The beauty about LDRs is that status, money, beauty are much less of a factor. If you a person who is passionate about life, filled with depth, and genuinely interesting, being long-distance will only make your partner want you even more. But if you just rely on the superficial aspects of yourself to keep your partner interested, then you're partner isn't going to get much out of this relationship and may feel compelled to seek greener pastures.

You may never realize how superficial your relationship is until it goes long distance. That's one of the reasons why I consider this to be the ultimate test of whether you and your partner are meant to be together. In the past, I have been in a relationship where I dated a girl during the school year and after I went home for the summer, I realized that our relationship was mostly physical. I didn't feel deeply connected to her and by the end of the summer we had drifted apart.

2. Insecurity and mistrust will guarantee that your LDR fails. You're not the only guy in this world. She will meet new friends (some of which are guys and some of which don't have the noblest of intentions!).
I'll give you examples from my own experience of some of the things I've come across:
-MCAT instructor who tried to game my gf (haha total abuse of power here)
-valentine's gifts from her guy friends and ex-boyfriend
-various facebook messages from guys saying 'you look sexy', asking her out on bike-rides, etc.
-one douchebag even tried to play 'boyfriend breaker' by sending me messages making fun of me, hoping to incur a jealousy.
Now ask yourself honestly, would you be comfortable knowing/hearing about these things? Would it make you feel insecure? Do you trust that your girlfriend to make the right decision? It's normal to feel a bit uncomfortable, but don't let your own insecurities turn into the need to control your partner. I've seen really bad instances where a friend of mine kept questioning his GF about what she was doing on a certain night and the guy-friends she was hanging around with.

Remember that your partner is free (and so are you) to choose who to be with. It's just you both have chosen to be with each other. But you should not go about trying to restrict his/her choices. Remember that you are the person she chose out of all the douchebags in the world.

3. If you're not dedicated, your LDR will fail. If you are under the belief system that long-distance relationships aren't worth the work and are prone to failure, then guess what? You're probably going to end up proving yourself right. But let's face the facts, an LDR is going to take even more effort then a normal relationship. You will have your own life. You will have your own friends. You will be busy. You will notice other girls. Other girls will notice you.

It's also a matter of how much work you put into it. The more you put into a relationship, the more you will get back. On the downside, the more you put into a relationship, the more you will be hurt if things work out. There's really no way around this one. Love can be painful; at times it can make you depressed; it can even make you hate yourself. But love is also the most wonderful thing in the world if you happen to find it and are lucky enough to hold on to it. It's important to let your partner knows how dedicated you are and how much you love them. Recently, my girlfriend and I have gone on a cruise of the Caribbean together and are planning to go on a road-trip across the states (We're Canadian btw). I just find that doing stuff like this is really refreshing and gives a good break from the constant longing.

Now.... I know what I've written is really cheesy romantic stuff and a bunch of guys (especially those self-professed pick up artists) are just waiting to bash me. But when did being romantic become equated with being desparate and lacking confidence? Obviously some people here have read 'The Game' and have adopted the book as gospel. I believe that being genuine with a girl is the best way to go about it. There is nothing wrong with believing that your girlfriend is the person for you. It doesn't make you immature and it doesn't necessarily indicate that you're inexperienced. I am comfortable with putting a lot of value into my relationship. Eventually every successful relationship must reach the phase where you both believe that the other person is the person for you. Ask yourself if you would really consider marrying someone if you didn't genuinely believe that.

A lot of people think once you become a doctor or become rich, your relationship problems solves itself. If you have this mentality, you are going to have a harsh reality once you finish school, go out to a club, and realize you are just standing there like a chode.

Like everything in life, if you want to get better at something, you exercise it directly. If you want biceps, work out your biceps, not your abs. If you want to get better at running, run.

A lot of people think once you become a doctor or become rich, your relationship problems solves itself. If you have this mentality, you are going to have a harsh reality once you finish school, go out to a club, and realize you are just standing there like a chode.

Like everything in life, if you want to get better at something, you exercise it directly. If you want biceps, work out your biceps, not your abs. If you want to get better at running, run.

There's got to be a corollary to this about people who don't seek this sort of thing out; it just happens.

Revenge of the NERDS!

rsd.jpg

These pics exemplifies why it is all about money, status, and prestige. As much as girls deny being attracted to those, they are INNATELY WIRED to be attracted to those things, just like men are attracted to hot faces, butt and breast....

Status yes. Money, no.

about the pua stuff, it's well understood that tons of guys (nerds and non-nerds) have seen videos and read books about 'picking up women'. It's like an untold secret among guys (well. kind of...) I, myself have read 'the game' by neil strauss partly because i was interested after hearing my friend talk about it. i was actually seeing my current gf when i read it. It just ticks me how people on this forum have made baseless generalizations such as 'if you read these books, then you must be desperate and have no experience.' well... i know plenty of 'experienced' friends who have subsequently read the book. i admit that i also know people that are horrible with women who have read the book with the intent of improving themselves. heck, even my girlfriend read it... it just goes to show how baseless some of these generalizations are.

but if you want to improve a part of yourself, you shouldn't feel bad for doing so. and if anyone calls you a loser for using this as a self-help book, then they're probably trying to mask their own insecurities... ask yourself 'are you perfect with women?' if not, then what's wrong with trying to improve yourself? time to grow up.

the book does contain a bit of wisdom (and a bit of bull**** too), but if you think about it, the most valuable points that are being conveyed in 'the game' are actually quite obvious.

-be confident
-be interesting
-don't be too upfront because it scares people away
-try to gain experience because it helps...

As much as girls deny being attracted to those, they are INNATELY WIRED to be attracted to those things
i swear those exact words were written in the book... for god's sake, have a mind of your own. and besides, i truly think you missed the point of the book.

this is how i see it:

the author himself conceded that none of these 'pick-up artists' were able to hold any long-term meaningful relationships. sure, they had a lot of sex with random women but they're worse off than the average chump when it comes to keeping a girl. the whole point of the novel was to demonstrate the failure of the pick-up artists... by using rehearsed lines, the pick-up artists were able to create the illusion that they are interesting, men of value. they were spending day and night refining their pick-up techniques, rehearsing the same lines over and over again... but what about the person behind the image? well... there isn't much of a person.

towards the end of the novel, the author realized that this 'pick up' society was turning him into one of them; a cold, indifferent, and empty person... the type of person that no girl would want to stay in a relationship with (ironic huh??)! only by abandoning his mask and reconnecting with his genuine side was he able to finally achieve a meaningful long-term relationship. This is the point of the novel and for some reason, no-one seems to get it!

my personal dating experience tells me the same thing; that dating is nothing like what the 'pick-up artists' would have you believe. remember, those guys were picking up chicks by going to several hollywood clubs every night. they would look for girls with big boobs and small brains. they would spit out a couple rehearsed lines, maybe do a couple magic tricks for attention, isolate the girl of interest, and eventually manipulate her into having sex with him. i don't consider this a great achievement, nor do i consider this very honorable. remember, quality is more important than quantity. it might just be me, but i would not consider dating any of the girls that are in the book. a guy's gotta have standards besides physical appearance...

you forget...its not all about sex.
THANK YOU. if only more people understood the meaning of this.

These pics exemplifies why it is all about money, status, and prestige
i thought the pictures were hilarious haha. but they're not very strong evidence for your 'money/status' theory. admittably, money, status, attractiveness play a HUGE role in the initial attraction. but it's usually your personality that keeps a girl coming back to you.

Last edited:
All in all, I don't give a crap what most of yall think anyway... Guys just be damn confident and smart in med school. That is all you need....
Like I said before, working out and getting a ripped body is the quickest way to become confident. It definitely helped raise my stock with girls and feeling of self-worth tremendously. I have lifted weights for 7 years now! Plus, it also helps to be in top 10% of your class and be the one that always give advice how to study...

Working out and getting muscles does not translate to automatic success. I know plenty of guys at the gym that are horrible.

Saying "just be confident" is like saying to be good at basketball "just have coordination". Wow, everything is just that simple huh?

Me and my friend was talking today and he is moving to Santa Barbara in CA in a week for a year of exchange in his masters in sience.

Beeing from Norway we are pretty used to getting some, sorry the expression, ass every now and then even though we are not dating anyone i.e random hookups.

I've had alot of Americans in my class in Poland this year, and I must say Americans (no offence) seems like a bunch of prudes compared to Scandinavians lol.

What would you guys say is the avarage number of hookups at 22 years old for a guy and a girl in the States?

In my circle of friends for the guys who haven't had gf's for years at the time its between 12-24.

This is a serious question btw. My friend is wondering if it will be a year without any action lol

All in all, I don't give a crap what most of yall think anyway... Guys just be damn confident and smart in med school. That is all you need....
Like I said before, working out and getting a ripped body is the quickest way to become confident. It definitely helped raise my stock with girls and feeling of self-worth tremendously. I have lifted weights for two years now! Plus, it also helps to be in top 10% of your class and be the one that always give advice how to study...

Cliffs Notes:

- Self-flagellate and suggest how your peers can be more like you;
- Be ripped.

:laugh:

This forum is being hijacked by a bunch of silly kids who think somehow picking up chics at a bar and club equates to great dating skills.

Whatever that book is, the game or the player or whatever basically gets it right and yet the posters here seem to forget repeatedly. Getting some slutty bimbo at a club isn't particularly great.

Its probably just slightly different from than the stupid slutty sorority girls. Seriously, freshman year of college I thought I was awesome because I was hooking up with these hot college chics who put a premium on fake tans and 1 inch of makeup over any form of intelligent or meaningful conversation.

yet you parade silly pictures of girls and then think somehow thats the pinnacle of dating and hooking up. All that shows is how insecure/and INEXPERIENCED you are. After a year of being with girls like that I realized how stupid I was.

Its a lot harder, and a lot more satisfying to be in a meaningful relationship with someone who is insanely attractive and smart. Those girls, the 'classy' ones are what dating is all about. Thats where confidence kicks in. They're the ones who know what they want in life and know that guys, schmucks just like you pine for them and wish they could hook up with them. Those are the girls I aimed for, and I learned to get.

Seriously, stop hijacking it with ******ed posts about this guy's cool technique and that guys technique about how reading a book is necessary to date women and all this bla bla bla crap.

seriously CHEMSOONENG..

you really have no respect, I mean, you played 10000 hours of ONE game in COLLEGE? Are you THAT PATHETIC? And now you have the audacity to come on this forum and spew out what you CALL ADVICE? On top of which you celebrate a bunch of nerds posting pictures of before and after pics at stupid clubs pretending to be meaningful and cool?

You might think you're shallow...but that word doesn't fit you. Inexperience, shy, socially awkward uber-nerd fits you. Shallow is too much of a compliment. It some how indicates that you're a dog, a guy who's constantly on the prowl getting laid because he only cares about 'shallow' things. But the reality is you aren't even at that level yet. Yet you think you can dispense advice and celebrate pathetic adventures of desperate guys.

I get irritated because I've been getting a steady stream of interesting private messages asking for help. A bunch of guys looking for meaningful advice yet you guys think its cool to troll around here and post garbage.

Keep the PMs coming. Ignore the trash.

Hey, nerds are cool. Don't hate. BTW, love your 10 page posts. Didn't read it all.

I agree with you surag, bimbos are nice if all you want to do is get laid and then brag about how hot the girl you banged was.

surag -

I'm enjoying where you're taking this thread. :) Keep it up.

Well thanks for the support, but I can't help if I dont get questions. Thats what this thread is really about. Even though the OP had a specific question. So ask away.

You only need a few things to hook up with attractive girls at the bar:

1. Humor
2. Confidence
3. Interesting stories/life experience
4. Looks (not as important, but being ugly will work against you)
5. Practice

As far as long term relationships, I'll defer to someone else...

Well thanks for the support, but I can't help if I dont get questions. Thats what this thread is really about. Even though the OP had a specific question. So ask away.

:laugh::laugh:

So... What are the winning lottery numbers for CA lotto? I guess you are the self-appointed guru of the dating underworld, eh? Hahahahaha. I find this thread pretty amusing, especially during one of your posts where you seem to assume that you have learned everything and there is nothing more to learn for you, except disseminate the Word. Just to remind you, your advice is mainly applicable to teenage-like dating and playing full-fledged games. You yourself are not yet in any form of a stable relationship. Don't be surprised if some of the people here don't take your advice because we have all age groups represented. I am pretty sure you will grow out of that phase in your life, though admittedly in your case I have no idea when that will happen.

Also, a few contradictions here: confidence is of course important. At the same time, keep in mind that there are women who do like shy guys. If you are shy and are not trying to hide it by pretending to be confident, you will eventually meet someone who is more outgoing and likes you. Will you get laid with that hot blonde in your class? Unlikely. But if that's what you want, then go Suragistyle. On the other hand, if you are looking for a stable relationship with a person who's compatible with you, then the approach is completely different. In this age of technology it is really not hard to meet someone. It makes it unworthwhile to waste so much time and perhaps money sleeping around with "hot" girls and not learning much about real relationships.

Ok, sorry to interrupt. Please carry on...

:laugh::laugh:

I find this thread pretty amusing, especially during one of your posts where you seem to assume that you have learned everything and there is nothing more to learn for you, except disseminate the Word. Just to remind you, your advice is mainly applicable to teenage-like dating and playing full-fledged games. You yourself are not yet in any form of a stable relationship. Don't be surprised if some of the people here don't take your advice because we have all age groups represented.

Also, a few contradictions here: confidence is of course important. At the same time, keep in mind that there are women who do like shy guys. If you are shy and are not trying to hide it by pretending to be confident, you will eventually meet someone who is more outgoing and likes you. Will you get laid with that hot blonde in your class? Unlikely. But if that's what you want, then go Suragistyle. On the other hand, if you are looking for a stable relationship with a person who's compatible with you, Ok, sorry to interrupt. Please carry on...

What you said would actually be of use if it weren't ALL WRONG.

FIRST....my advice works even for STABLE RELATIONSHIPS...nothing I ever said claims that somehow this is the way to hook up with bimbos or slutty girls. in fact, i rail on the other guys promoting this type of behavior BY EXPLICITLY POINTING IT OUT AND SHOWING HOW STUPID IT IS. All I say is be confident, but be YOURSELF MOST OF ALL. in fact, I've said that...OVER AND OVER AGAIN...but you're either dumb or incapable of reading.

SECOND I never assumed to know everything, in fact, I've clearly made the point that everything I say is out there for people to know and learn, hence NO NEED TO PURCHASE BOOKs.

THIRD. Perhaps you have difficulty wth women? Perhaps this is your way of attacking people who want to give genuine and real advice that works but you dont like it because you feel insecure and dont think it will work for you?

Seriously...

What you said would actually be of use if it weren't ALL WRONG.

FIRST....my advice works even for STABLE RELATIONSHIPS...nothing I ever said claims that somehow this is the way to hook up with bimbos or slutty girls. in fact, i rail on the other guys promoting this type of behavior BY EXPLICITLY POINTING IT OUT AND SHOWING HOW STUPID IT IS. All I say is be confident, but be YOURSELF MOST OF ALL. in fact, I've said that...OVER AND OVER AGAIN...but you're either dumb or incapable of reading.

SECOND I never assumed to know everything, in fact, I've clearly made the point that everything I say is out there for people to know and learn, hence NO NEED TO PURCHASE BOOKs.

THIRD. Perhaps you have difficulty wth women? Perhaps this is your way of attacking people who want to give genuine and real advice that works but you dont like it because you feel insecure and dont think it will work for you?

Seriously...

One of the key things to being successful with women is to not be reactive. Considering how easily we are making you react, I can't imagine what you would do when a girl gives you a **** test. You would be prancing like a monkey.

This thread would be a lot more useful and a lot less douchebaggy if it got back to an actual conversation about specifics of dating in medical school, rather than the finer points of trying to be a "pick up artist" like on the past several pages.

One of the key things to being successful with women is to not be reactive. Considering how easily we are making you react, I can't imagine what you would do when a girl gives you a **** test. You would be prancing like a monkey.

OR genius, instead of trying to overgeneralize everything perhaps its because im thinking of the guys who actually come here FOR ADVICE....so I can preven you from clouding people's judgements. Again, commentary from the guy who plays 10,000 hours of video games, has no experience with women, and probably got as close to a girl as jenna jameson.

so yes, I may seem reactive...but its not because I'm offended...its because I dont want the wrong message to be sent.

I react to all messages...I even reacted to messages that were positive but I felt were wrong minded....I dont care waht you write dude. you're like 12 years old, and dreaming about being a surgeon, and romanticizing what its like to be a doctor....after playing hour of starcraft and surfing porn.
your avatar pic says it all
seriously....go away.

Ineedmoretime. I wish I had more time.