Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine cont.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry about the house. I'm sure you'll find one that you like even more.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry about the house. I'm sure you'll find one that you like even more.

Thank you! I am sure we will find something too. I believe everything happens for a reason, so I guess I wasn't supposed to have this house. :)

Ok, I'm at a loss as to how to find my childhood immunizations...

Can someone give me a heads up as to how to track those records down? Parents have no idea where they would be....considering it was like 25 years ago.

Members don't see this ad :)

Can someone give me a heads up as to how to track those records down? Parents have no idea where they would be....considering it was like 25 years ago.

Here is where I would start:
First contact the hospital you were born at as some would have probably been given shortly after birth.
Second contact your middle/high schools as some of the others are probably on file with them. You might even be able to find what doctor/doctor's office administered them and contact them to see what else they may have.
Lastly if you had a pediatrician when you were younger they probably have quite a few of those records?

LOL! No idea! Check with your undergraduate school. They should have them. If you can't find them, you will have to get them again. Sorry!

I'm going to start checking with schools tomorrow...

My family physician from that part of my life has been dead for about 20 years according to my mom.

Even if the physician is dead the records must be maintained for at least some period of time at some facility. (I don't know how long that is though)You might want to get those records anyway.

Even if the physician is dead the records must be maintained for at least some period of time at some facility. (I don't know how long that is though)You might want to get those records anyway.

Yes, that is true, but I believe it is nowhere near twenty years. I think my father has to keep his for ten years, but I am not exactly sure and it may vary state to state.:luck:

What up, classmates. Can I partake in the SDN reindeer games?

What up, classmates. Can I partake in the SDN reindeer games?

WOOT! Of course! Join the party!:clap: :hardy: :laugh:

Hey MJB, I think you can probably get titers done for some of your immunizations to prove immunity. I think that some of them you will have to repeat though. I am trying to find my polio record and my doctor told me that they would have to order the vaccine if I couldn't find it. Since they are IM, they don't stock it and he didn't know if there was a titer you could do or not.:luck:

This thread is over 1000 posts, so I'm sure the mods are gonna close it soon and start another one, per the new rules.

I just wanted to get my 2 pennies in before the big shut down!

ON TO DEBUSK COLLEGE of OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE!!!! - Part TRES!

*Sunny mushes out of thread on a sled pulled by DoctorMom's goats*

:smuggrin:

Doctor Mom,

Since the house is not livable, can you guys work out a deal for the 12 acres?

I'd bet since the house has been on the market for 9 months, the owner would probably give you a discount for the land w/o the house.

You could put up a cheap modular to get your family through med school and then when you start making doctor money throw up your dream farmhouse.

I'm sure the owner really wants to sell and knows he/she will have to discount the acres and tear down the house.

Ask and ye shall receive! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
if we're being watched.... I could really use a DCOM sweatshirt, t-shirt, bumpersticker... please???

I want a coffee cup! "DCOM CLASS OF 2012" :thumbup:

A link to purchase DCOM stuff on the website would be sweet!

LOL! Yea, I have a list of stuff I would like too.;)

Thanks for the idea Sunny, but that is getting too complicated. Plus, then there is still a house on the land that is not in liveable condition. We will just have to find something else. I really want an old farmhouse anyway. I am not really a fan of modulars or anything new. I have a few old houses in mind, they are just not on as much land. But, I am sure we will find something. :) :luck:

I was wondering if anybody has heard anything about the alternate list. Is there anyone out there that has been accepted from it or have they started looking at it. I was thinking of calling DCOM in a couple of weeks and talking to them about it. I talked to Paul Carney in December and he told me that they would probably start looking at the list some time in February.

Thanks

I was wondering if anybody has heard anything about the alternate list. Is there anyone out there that has been accepted from it or have they started looking at it. I was thinking of calling DCOM in a couple of weeks and talking to them about it. I talked to Paul Carney in December and he told me that they would probably start looking at the list some time in February.

Thanks

call them then.

Here is a letter I received Friday from Paul Carney. I had asked for an extension for my deposit.

Tiagao,

Our class is beginning to fill up and we still have several offers of admission outstanding.

For our inaugural class of 150 students we have already received nearly 2,000 applications for admission. (1948 to be exact or 13 applications for each seat in the class) Additionally, over two-thirds (110) of the seats in the class have already been filled. Fifty-five students who have been placed on the alternate list have expressed a strong desire to attend, if given the opportunity to do so. Also, we have continued to interview applicants after your interview day and have made additional offers of admission.

The response to LMU-DCOM has exceeded all of our wildest expectations. As one can easily see, we will fill our fall 2007 class very soon. There are still a few seats available, but they will not be available for very long.

Paul Carney

Tiagao

:confused: I have followed some of the links posted before, but does anybody have any more info on houses for rent, rather than apartments?

I am not ready to purchase a house, and I am finding it difficult! Any suggestions, websites, numbers?

Here is a letter I received Friday from Paul Carney. I had asked for an extension for my deposit.

Tiagao,

Our class is beginning to fill up and we still have several offers of admission outstanding.

For our inaugural class of 150 students we have already received nearly 2,000 applications for admission. (1948 to be exact or 13 applications for each seat in the class) Additionally, over two-thirds (110) of the seats in the class have already been filled. Fifty-five students who have been placed on the alternate list have expressed a strong desire to attend, if given the opportunity to do so. Also, we have continued to interview applicants after your interview day and have made additional offers of admission.

The response to LMU-DCOM has exceeded all of our wildest expectations. As one can easily see, we will fill our fall 2007 class very soon. There are still a few seats available, but they will not be available for very long.

Paul Carney

Tiagao

Wow...it will be interesting to see the final stats for this application year..not only for DCOM, but for all the schools...

Tiagao,

Paul Carney

Tiagao

It's good to know things are going well, I am sure Paul, Jody, Dr Leo, Pete Debusk and all the hardworking folk in Harrogate are thrilled.

DCOM class of 2012 RAWKS! *shameless plug for my application next year*:smuggrin:

So, there appears to be a nice house in Sneedville. Is that really too far to commute to DCOM for the first two years? I MapQuested it and the mileage is not that bad, but you have to cross Clinch Mountain. The rotations would probably be okay and long term it is a good area to be in because it is underserved. Has anyone from the area ever driven from Sneedville to Harrogate? This whole house thing is not so much fun anymore!:oops: :smuggrin: :laugh:

I know it is REALLY rural and from what I have read, Sneedville is actually the only town in all of Hancock county and only has a population of about 1700. :eek:

So, there appears to be a nice house in Sneedville. Is that really too far to commute to DCOM for the first two years? I MapQuested it and the mileage is not that bad, but you have to cross Clinch Mountain. The rotations would probably be okay and long term it is a good area to be in because it is underserved. Has anyone from the area ever driven from Sneedville to Harrogate? This whole house thing is not so much fun anymore!:oops: :smuggrin: :laugh:

I know it is REALLY rural and from what I have read, Sneedville is actually the only town in all of Hancock county and only has a population of about 1700. :eek:

I interviewed with a guy from Sneedville and he said that it really wasn't that bad of a drive. If I remember correctly, I think that he said it was about a half hour drive to the school, maybe a little less.

I interviewed with a guy from Sneedville and he said that it really wasn't that bad of a drive. If I remember correctly, I think that he said it was about a half hour drive to the school, maybe a little less.

Really? WOW! I think that it is going to be a little further than that, but that's ok. As long as the drive isn't bad, then that works for me. I love driving on country roads.:love:

Really? WOW! I think that it is going to be a little further than that, but that's ok. As long as the drive isn't bad, then that works for me. I love driving on country roads.:love:

potholes anyone? oh wait, those are city roads :smuggrin:

atleast you won't have to worry about the traffic, besides a stray goat, cow, manure, and maybe a hillbillie.

It's good to know things are going well, I am sure Paul, Jody, Dr Leo, Pete Debusk and all the hardworking folk in Harrogate are thrilled.

DCOM class of 2012 RAWKS! *shameless plug for my application next year*:smuggrin:

no need for shameless plugs, you'll get in. ;)

atleast you won't have to worry about the traffic, besides a stray goat, cow, manure, and maybe a hillbillie.

LOL! :p Exactly!:laugh:

Tiagao,

Paul Carney

Tiagao

hmm, interesting. kinda makes me want to drag-race out to the post office ... right about .... now ...

No MVAs with the local population! :smuggrin:

*Sunny tuning up her banjo*

Blue moon of Kentucky, keep on shining.
Shine on the one that's gone and proved untrue.
Shine on the one that's gone and left me blue. :love:

MJB

Also try checking with your state Health Department. I know that in some states if you don't get immunized by the Health Department, the doctor that immunizes you is required to submit those records to the State Health Department.

You also can have a titer drawn to prove your immunity. Just be sure that they are quantitative titer and not qualitative. I think the school ask for these as part of the immunization physical anyway. I had them drawn.

Your grade school should also have these records. It is a requirement in most school. They don't want you giving rubella to all the other kids. Their parents might get upset.

I hope this helps.

No MVAs with the local population! :smuggrin:

*Sunny tuning up her banjo*

Shine on the one that's gone and proved untrue.
Shine on the one that's gone and left me blue. :love:

im sorry, but DCOM is in TN, not KY. :p

I sent my deposit off last Thursday for both (the housing, and to hold my spot) via certified mail, and I checked the online status, and it says that they couldn't deliver one of them b/c it was a saturday, and the other one says it was only Accepted on Thursday and not sent off yet, which makes no sense cause I mailed them at the same time. So now I am getting worried that it won't be there in time for Thursday when it is due!! And with the post about how many people have applied, it made me even more nervous. So if anyone from DCOM is reading this:
**Please make sure that the post office redelivers my deposit** Thank you very much!!!

I sent my deposit off last Thursday for both (the housing, and to hold my spot) via certified mail, and I checked the online status, and it says that they couldn't deliver one of them b/c it was a saturday, and the other one says it was only Accepted on Thursday and not sent off yet, which makes no sense cause I mailed them at the same time. So now I am getting worried that it won't be there in time for Thursday when it is due!! And with the post about how many people have applied, it made me even more nervous. So if anyone from DCOM is reading this:
**Please make sure that the post office redelivers my deposit** Thank you very much!!!

don't worry mine said it was undeliverable on a saturday too and then by tuesday am it had been accepted at DCOM... it'll get there :)

don't worry mine said it was undeliverable on a saturday too and then by tuesday am it had been accepted at DCOM... it'll get there :)

Thanks that makes me feel a little better, but of course I am still worried cause I don't want to loose my spot!!! :(

Thanks that makes me feel a little better, but of course I am still worried cause I don't want to loose my spot!!! :(

I would just check with DCOM and see if it has arrived. If it hasn't, then they know it is on the way.:)

Kill them with kindness...that's my motto.

hmm, i wonder who you're killing ... it certainly isn't me. btw, all the stuff is outside my door, you can pick it up like the kind person you are ;)

btw, the motto didn't quite work for this reference ...

just let them know it's on its way. you're not losing a spot anytime soon.