Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine cont.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I FedEx'ed mine overnight today. So it should be getting there tomorrow. Also, I got an interview invite to lecom today :thumbdown: Forget that noise.

My hands smell like potatoes...

Members don't see this ad.

HEY EVERYONE!!!

DR. INVIZ GOT ACCEPTED!!! HE IS WRITING THE CHECK OUT RIGHT NOW!!!:clap: :hardy: :clap: :hardy:

:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
So, here is my funny story. I got the letter from ARH today, which I have been anxiously awaiting since Dr. Leo's email. I immediately emailed them and sent them a copy of my CV. I received an email address to "Dr. S"!!! LOL! I thought it was a mistake, so I emailed back and said that I wasn't a doctor yet. The guy emailed me back and said he knew, but I would have to get used to hearing that. :love: :laugh: THAT SOUNDS SO FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!:thumbup: OK, the guy is a recruiter, and maybe he is just trying to get me to come work there someday, but it was still a really incredible thing to hear.

Totally!!! He is coming to the BBQ!!!:) :laugh: :love:

So, he actually got in (not that I didnt think he would), and he is actually dropping the 2 large for the deposit, and attending DCOM?? Good for him...Thats way freakin cool. Yo, Dr. I.......Just because you have acted like an a-hole a few times on SDN, doesnt mean I dont love ya, sucka.

Thing is, I doubt any of us will acutally know his true identity, once we get to school. He is so damn mysterious.

So, he actually got in (not that I didnt think he would), and he is actually dropping the 2 large for the deposit, and attending DCOM?? Good for him...Thats way freakin cool. Yo, Dr. I.......Just because you have acted like an a-hole a few times on SDN, doesnt mean I dont love ya, sucka.

Thing is, I doubt any of us will acutally know his true identity, once we get to school. He is so damn mysterious.

OH! I know it. I'll tell you too. For $50.... :smuggrin:

Anyone else gambling with a "suite" on the hill without knowing what it's gonna actually look like? My deposit's in the mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
As a senior class prank in high school, some friends & I "borrowed" a goat from a local farm & chained it to the flagpole of our rival high school....ahhh...good times

As a senior class prank in high school, some friends & I "borrowed" a goat from a local farm & chained it to the flagpole of our rival high school....ahhh...good times

OH! POOR GOAT!!!:smuggrin: :(

LOL! I am sure it was funny though!:laugh:

LOL! OK, you get the back half...the side the poopie berries come from.:smuggrin: :laugh:

But if you don't get the goat berry half how are you going to host the goat berry throwing contests?

Hey heres a new myspace group for DCOM
Group URL: http://groups.myspace.com/LMUDCOM
Also heres a google group for DCOM
http://groups.google.com/group/dcom_inaugural_class

Hey Slinkeyooo, Who is Andi?

Hey, I don't know how many of you guys are in the Knoxville/East Tennessee area already, but there was a great article in Monday's Knoxville News Sentinel newspaper about DCOM. It had some pictures of future students on the front page of the Health and Wellness section, was a 2 page write-up total. Check it out

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/health_and_fitness/article/0,1406,KNS_310_5344900,00.html

That is awesome! Thanks!:D

I wonder if Dr Leo has considered a post-bacc program for DCOM? It's a great way to drum up extra money.

*Sunny waits patiently fo Dr Leo, Jody and Paul to read this post and PM her so she can be a member of the first unofficial post-bacc class this fall* :laugh:

Dear DCOM admissions,

I am very excited about the possibility of attending Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine at some point in the future. It is my intent to be a proud member of the DCOM class of 2012.

To that end I was wondering if it would be possible for me to sit in or audit classes this fall as in an "unofficial" post-baccalaureate/ SMP-type program. I would be willing to pay full tuition to sit in class along side my wonderful colleagues Dr Mom, AustinFinkLea, MJB, Nascar and of course Dr I.

By sitting in the classes participating in the discussions and taking the same exams I feel I could prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am up to the rigors of medical education.

Of course I realize such a program must be approved, but I would be more than willing to participate in an unofficial program, even if it does not award degrees.

DCOM is at the top of my list. I feel that I would make a wonderful edition to the student body and to the future of this fine institution. As you can see from my past post in this forum, I have many ideas for student success at the new medical college.

I thank you for your support an await your PM.

Sunnyjohn, (DCOM class of 2012)

:smuggrin: :luck:

Dear Dr Leo, Dr Stowers, Mr Carney and Mr Caldwell,

I am very excited about the possibility of attending Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine at some point in the future. It is my intent to be a proud member of the DCOM class of 2012.

ITo that end I was wondering if it would be possilbe for me to sit in or audit classes this fall as in an "unoffical" post-baccalaureate/ SMP-type program. I would be willing to pay full tuition to sit in class along side my wonderful cllegues Dr Mom, AustinFinkLea, MJB, Nascar and of course Dr I.

By sitting in the classes participating in the discussions and taking the same exams I feel I could prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am up to the rigors of medical education.

Of course I realize such a program must be approved, but I would be more thatn willing to participate in an unoffical program, even if it does not award degrees.

DCOM is at the top of my lsit. I feel that I would make a wonderful edition to the student body and to the future of this fine institution. As you can see from my past post in this forum, I have many ideas for student success at the new medical college.

WOOT!!!:clap: :hardy: :clap: :hardy: :luck: :love:

Dear Dr Leo, Dr Stowers, Mr Carney and Mr Caldwell,

To that end I was wondering if it would be possilbe for me to sit in or audit classes this fall as in an "unoffical" post-baccalaureate/ SMP-type program. I would be willing to pay full tuition to sit in class along side my wonderful collegues Dr Mom, AustinFinkLea, MJB, Nascar and of course Dr I.

Of course I realize such a program must be approved, but I would be more thatn willing to participate in an unoffical program, even if it does not award degrees.

DCOM is at the top of my list. I feel that I would make a wonderful edition to the student body and to the future of this fine institution. As you can see from my past post in this forum, I have many ideas for student success at the new medical college.

better hope they dont read it. you ought to look over your stuff before submitting and wishing for school adcoms and faculty to read it ;)

better hope they dont read it. you ought to look over your stuff before submitting and wishing for school adcoms and faculty to read it ;)

Yeah, My spel check is "bruked" ! :laugh:

postx2

I changed it Dr I.

How about removing my quote from you post??

I'll find a TN song to play on my banjo for you if you do!

...Or buy you a mask so you can keep your secret id at med school!!!:lol:

Hey Slinkeyooo, Who is Andi?

Andi is freaking awesome. She lives in Texas and has a cat and is probably as excited about DCOM as you are. We interviewed together and now we're myspace/facebook friends. :) Sadly she doesn't post on sdn. :(

Andi is freaking awesome. She lives in Texas and has a cat and is probably as excited about DCOM as you are. We interviewed together and now we're myspace/facebook friends. :) Sadly she doesn't post on sdn. :(

Another cat lover! YEAH! :thumbup:

Martha, does Dr I have a mustache? A soul patch? A goatee?

1) curly

2) no

Oh, and it's snowing here. WAHOO!!!! :D
It's snowing here too! Didn't that weather rat see his shadow the other day? :cool:

If Dr I was a sandwich, what kind of sandwhich would he be?

1. Subway foot long Ham
2. Quiznos Turkey Bacon
3. Mconald's Quarter Pounder w/cheese
4. Wendy's spicy Chicken
5. A Tennessee "Turkey" Dog

????:smuggrin:

It's snowing here too! Didn't that weather rat see his shadow the other day? :cool:

If Dr I was a sandwich, what kind of sandwhich would he be?

1. Subway foot long Ham
2. Quiznos Turkey Bacon
3. Mconald's Quarter Pounder w/cheese
4. Wendy's spicy Chicken
5. A Tennessee "Turkey" Dog

????:smuggrin:

Is there an option for a sarcastic, bitter sandwich? :smuggrin: If not, I'm gonna go with #5... :laugh:

Is there an option for a sarcastic, bitter sandwich? :smuggrin: If not, I'm gonna go with #5... :laugh:

LOL! I totally agree. I would have to say something made with soy....:rolleyes: ...maybe a veggie burger....hmmm....actually, I kind of see him as a reuben...kind of funny tasting:smuggrin: :laugh:;)

We are supposed to get two feet of snow starting this evening. Looks like a snow day tomorrow for the kids!:D

We got about 4-5 inches of heavy, wet snow last night. I remember when I used to like snow...before it meant getting out of bed at 5 am and shoveling it..

:)

I'm ready to move south.

So I called Dr. Leo and they got my deposit,yay yay yay. I feel so much better now. :D :D

TN Family MD
Thanks for posting that article, it just makes me even more excited to get down there!!

We got about 4-5 inches of heavy, wet snow last night. I remember when I used to like snow...before it meant getting out of bed at 5 am and shoveling it..

:)

I'm ready to move south.

I want snow!! Everything is north of me and it always passes us by! We get the crappy rain while everyone else gets like a foot of snow.:mad:

I LOVE the snow. I wish we had gotten it for Christmas and not Valentine's Day though. My husband and I will definitely miss it when we move south, but I think my old, arthritic joints will very much approve of the weather down in Tennessee.:laugh:

I love the snow too :D We are actually getting Docmom's snow today here in Chicagoland. We are expecting around 6-10 inches. It is going to play hell with traffic though. Last year, we had snow like this and it took my wife over 3 hours to get home :eek: Hopefully that won't be the case tonight.

Docmom, how far are you from where they got 110-12- inches in upstate NY? That would just be amazing to see, but how the hell do you sled in that???

I love the snow too :D We are actually getting Docmom's snow today here in Chicagoland. We are expecting around 6-10 inches. It is going to play hell with traffic though. Last year, we had snow like this and it took my wife over 3 hours to get home :eek: Hopefully that won't be the case tonight.

Docmom, how far are you from where they got 110-12- inches in upstate NY? That would just be amazing to see, but how the hell do you sled in that???

Nascar,

Haven't they shut down the Chicago Public schools in anticipation of a blizzard I thought I heard Judy Hsu say something about that on Channel 7.

It's not so bad here on Lake Mich yet, but it is getting kinda icky!

I think if I had rugrats, or still had my four wheelers, etc...I'd enjoy the snow much more...

I think I'm just ready for winter to be over...I need to be outside...and it's been too cold. :)