DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine Part 4

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Start up some mommy lawsuits ... picket fences by DocMom, LRobin, and T-Funk ... that would be quite a scene ... :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
DKM... are you going to DCOM?
Maybe in a couple of years.....I'm just here because I'm on contract with one of the hospitals that will be your clinical sites and I will be attending the "Goats Rule and MDs Drool" BBQ drunk-a-palooza at DoctorMom's. :laugh:

You mean picket lines right? :laugh:

Ah snap, that's what happens when you're thinking about one thing, talking to someone else, and typing a third thing ...

But yes, I do mean picket lines. :laugh:

So when do we get some sheet of paper about the DCOM Fin. Aid info? I hear besides the FAFSA, there is a school-specific sheet to be filled out ...

Ah snap, that's what happens when you're thinking about one thing, talking to someone else, and typing a third thing ...

But yes, I do mean picket lines. :laugh:

Maybe Dr. I tripped over a picket fence and that's how he "broke" his ankle!:rolleyes:

Maybe in a couple of years.....I'm just here because I'm on contract with one of the hospitals that will be your clinical sites and I will be attending the "Goats Rule and MDs Drool" BBQ drunk-a-palooza at DoctorMom's. :laugh:

I'll be doing clinicals by then ... I love clinicals. I loved the EMT-B (hospital) rotations.

Maybe Dr. I tripped over a picket fence and that's how he "broke" his ankle!:rolleyes:

Not quite, but if you want to try that out for yourself, it certainly can be arranged. :smuggrin: :laugh:

WOOT!!!!:love: :love: :love: :D

Start up some mommy lawsuits ... picket fences by DocMom, LRobin, and T-Funk ... that would be quite a scene ... :laugh:

:clap: Yes! I HATE insurance companies! I would rather get paid in chickens than deal with them. :smuggrin:

Just thought I would drop in and say that I got the phone call from Dr. Stowers today and will be joining y'all this coming fall.

But now I must go out and celebrate. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats.....now you all just need to talk him into allowing me to transfer down and complete my bachelors degrees at LMU followed by a guaranteed spot at DCOM :smuggrin:

Congrats.....now you all just need to talk him into allowing me to transfer down and complete my bachelors degrees at LMU followed by a guaranteed spot at DCOM :smuggrin:

I'm still hopimg Dr Stowers and Dr Leo will consider my suggestion from the first DCOM thread and start a pst bacc.

A few of us DCOM followers would be happy to high tail it down to Harrogate this fall and take classes with you guys. If they throw in an undergrad degree after the first year and a guaranteed spot at DCOM for GPA's over 3.5 I'm game.

*Offering Fred the hound a cookie if he'll let me crash on his doggie bed*

Just thought I would drop in and say that I got the phone call from Dr. Stowers today and will be joining y'all this coming fall.

Congrats! Party hard:cool:

Way to go! Congratulations!! :thumbup: :D

Congrats! :thumbup:

Congrats Fermata!

Good luck, DocMom, on the closing tomorrow!

Did anyone remember reading or hearing that we would be wearing a "DCOM uniform" during OMM and Clinical Practice stuff? I just read that we would be wearing a DCOM t-shirt and shorts. I thought maybe that was an update, but maybe I just over looked it before.

Oh by the way, it is good to be a Vol today!!! Lady Vols rock!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :cool:

I agree that it is always a give and take symbiotic relationship - that's the way it is with everything in life. My point is that there is always someone, somewhere that will be happy to have the job for the current level of pay. What the employees don't understand is that the hospital is doing good just to be able to give them a raise at all. With overhead increasing in all areas, and reimbursments getting cut regularly, healthcare companies have a very difficult business situation on their hands.

Agreed.

I wasn't trying to be funny....I seriously have no idea who you are talking about.

Last night the Lady Volunteers (UTK) won the NCAA Women's Basketball National title!!! Pat Summitt happens to be their coach and the most winning women's coach in history. She and the Lady Vols have won 7 national titles!!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last night the Lady Volunteers (UTK) won the NCAA Women's Basketball National title!!! Pat Summitt happens to be their coach and the most winning women's coach in history. She and the Lady Vols have won 7 national titles!!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Ah....that explains why I've never heard of her before this......

4 months left till classes start, a little less than 2 weeks till interview season is over and Im wondering how full the class is at this point? I took my physical yesterday and I should get the results from all the tests tomorrow. Couldnt do the titer for hep-b yet though cause I still have to do my last shot in July but I think I will send everything I have into the school and just add that info later.... I made some corrections to my fasfa today, I added my parents' info hopefully this will work in my favor....disabled single parent...We should be getting the info about the lenders pretty soon so we can sign the master promisary notes if Im not mistaken.. and the info about the health insurance and hopefully the schools med student meal plans will be up on the website soon...boy this is starting to become expensive lol.......got all my books in the mail this past week and started browsing over em... super excited... man am I a dork lol..... still shopping for the welch allyn pan optic kit, the cheapest Ive found so far is around 500 bucks.. anybody find anything better? Im probably gonna wait till school starts for that though because that email they sent saying that we could buy em en bulk and get a pretty good discount...

If I'm not mistaken, Pat Summitt is the winningest college basketball coach....ever.

I thought that but wasn't sure...I didn't want to post false info :)

If I'm not mistaken, Pat Summitt is the winningest college basketball coach....ever.

I had heard a little about her, but didn't really know much outside of the fact that she is a coach (didn't know the team though). How long has she been coaching?

I had heard a little about her, but didn't really know much outside of the fact that she is a coach (didn't know the team though). How long has she been coaching?

You better brush up on the Big Orange!!! Come fall you will be overwelmed by the wave of orange.

BIG SUMMITT NUMBERS
(all in 32 seasons as head coach)

OVERALL: 913-177 (.838)
HOME: 416-41 (.910)
AWAY: 298-78 (.793
NEUTRAL: 199-58 (.774)

SEC GAMES
OVERALL: 360-56 (.865) vs. all SEC
HOME: 162-12 (.931)
AWAY: 136-29 (.824)
NEUTRAL: 65-15 (.813)

NON-CONFERENCE GAMES
OVERALL: 553-121 (.820)

SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS
(13 out of 276) 1980, 1985, 1990, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004

SEC TOURNAMENT TITLES
(12 of 27) 1980, 1985, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2005, 2006
OVERALL: 54-15 (.783)
TITLES: 12 out of 27

VS. RANKED TEAMS
OVERALL: 369-145 (.718)
RANKED 1-10: 161-109 (.596)
RANKED 11-25: 208-36 (.852)

UNRANKED TEAMS
OVERALL: 544-32 (.944)

NCAA TOURNAMENT
OVERALL: 92-19 (.840)
FIRST/SECOND ROUNDS: 386-0
24 REGIONAL SEMIS: 21-4
20 REGIONAL FINALS: 16-5
16 NCAA FINAL FOURS: 17-10
NCAA TITLES: 6 (1987, 1989, 1991, 1996, 1997, 1998)

SEC COACH OF THE YEAR
1993, 1995, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2004

NCAA COACH OF THE YEAR
1983, 1987, 1989, 1994, 1995, 1998, 2004_

NAISMITH COACH OF THE CENTURY

AMAZING NUMBERS

Summitt has faced 153 opponents in 1,054 total games and teams from 32 conferences

47.0% of her 1,054 total games have been played versus ranked teams (497 total games against ranked opponents) with 355 victories versus ranked opponents

140 all-time Lady Vols have contributed to 913 wins
70% of those all-time players have gone on to be decorated as Olympians, All- Americans, USA National Team members, All-SEC performers, Academic All-Americans, Academic All-SEC, etc.

If you want more info, check out http://utladyvols.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/summitt_pat00.html#00

You better brush up on the Big Orange!!! Come fall you will be overwelmed by the wave of orange.

BIG SUMMITT NUMBERS
(all in 32 seasons as head coach)

OVERALL: 913-177 (.838)
HOME: 416-41 (.910)
AWAY: 298-78 (.793
NEUTRAL: 199-58 (.774)

SEC GAMES
OVERALL: 360-56 (.865) vs. all SEC
HOME: 162-12 (.931)
AWAY: 136-29 (.824)
NEUTRAL: 65-15 (.813)

NON-CONFERENCE GAMES
OVERALL: 553-121 (.820)

SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS
(13 out of 276) 1980, 1985, 1990, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004

SEC TOURNAMENT TITLES
(12 of 27) 1980, 1985, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1994, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2005, 2006
OVERALL: 54-15 (.783)
TITLES: 12 out of 27

VS. RANKED TEAMS
OVERALL: 369-145 (.718)
RANKED 1-10: 161-109 (.596)
RANKED 11-25: 208-36 (.852)

UNRANKED TEAMS
OVERALL: 544-32 (.944)

NCAA TOURNAMENT
OVERALL: 92-19 (.840)
FIRST/SECOND ROUNDS: 386-0
24 REGIONAL SEMIS: 21-4
20 REGIONAL FINALS: 16-5
16 NCAA FINAL FOURS: 17-10
NCAA TITLES: 6 (1987, 1989, 1991, 1996, 1997, 1998)

SEC COACH OF THE YEAR
1993, 1995, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2004

NCAA COACH OF THE YEAR
1983, 1987, 1989, 1994, 1995, 1998, 2004_

NAISMITH COACH OF THE CENTURY

AMAZING NUMBERS

Summitt has faced 153 opponents in 1,054 total games and teams from 32 conferences

47.0% of her 1,054 total games have been played versus ranked teams (497 total games against ranked opponents) with 355 victories versus ranked opponents

140 all-time Lady Vols have contributed to 913 wins
70% of those all-time players have gone on to be decorated as Olympians, All- Americans, USA National Team members, All-SEC performers, Academic All-Americans, Academic All-SEC, etc.

If you want more info, check out http://utladyvols.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/summitt_pat00.html#00

A little too much info, but cool. It's all longhorns for me anyways.

Aw. You guys are being so good :thumbup: No crazy sarcasim...even though I did get carried away! I am soooooo proud of them!

WOOT!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :clap:

Congrats Fermata!

Good luck, DocMom, on the closing tomorrow!

Did anyone remember reading or hearing that we would be wearing a "DCOM uniform" during OMM and Clinical Practice stuff? I just read that we would be wearing a DCOM t-shirt and shorts. I thought maybe that was an update, but maybe I just over looked it before.

Thank you!:)

I think that the DCOM t-shirt and shorts/pants is the uniform.

That would be very cool! You should check it out. It's a great place to live.:)

Well, no call for me....guess that means I'm either waitlisted, or I'll be attending LMU as a post-bac next year.

Guess we'll have to wait and see :(

They are talking possible snow here later in the week...I'm personally tired of the cold...

It was over 80 on Monday at the baseball game...and will get down into the 20's tonight...

I knew Summitt's numbers were awesome, but some of those are just RIDICULOUS.

I'm a sports FREAK.

Well, no call for me....guess that means I'm either waitlisted, or I'll be attending LMU as a post-bac next year.

:( Well, don't give up hope yet. I thought they got off their schedule this week. Good luck!:luck:

is doing a post-bacc there an option for people that don't get accepted? so is that like a decelerated program, or just a normal post-bacc with no guaranteed acceptance?

i wish you the BEST of luck!!!!

is doing a post-bacc there an option for people that don't get accepted? so is that like a decelerated program, or just a normal post-bacc with no guaranteed acceptance?

i wish you the BEST of luck!!!!

I don't know anything about a post-bacc program at LMU specifically. I just really, really liked the area when I was there for the interview, so I'm moving there in July regardless. I have a VERY limited science background, so if I don't get in this year, I'm sure their feedback to me will be to improve in that area.

Good luck with your interview!

I emailed DCOM asking when they were going to start pulling off of the waitlist and Jody responded quickly, stating he didn't know the answer, but Mr. Carney would email me. Then about a week later I got an email from Mr. Carney (anyone else?) asking if I still wanted to be on the waitlist, so I responded with an emphatic yes and reasked when he thought they might be pulling off of it. I still haven't received a response. Did I ask a taboo question or something? When I emailed him accepting the waitlist position in the beginning, he sent a response right back stating he received the email and he had me on the list. Now I'm wondering if he received my second email, doesn't want to answer, or just doesn't have an answer! Ugh! I feel like calling would be over-the-top. Doctormom, can you make them love me...put in the good word?! I love barbecues and horses! I'll bring my croquet set!

I emailed DCOM asking when they were going to start pulling off of the waitlist and Jody responded quickly, stating he didn't know the answer, but Mr. Carney would email me. Then about a week later I got an email from Mr. Carney (anyone else?) asking if I still wanted to be on the waitlist, so I responded with an emphatic yes and reasked when he thought they might be pulling off of it. I still haven't received a response. Did I ask a taboo question or something? When I emailed him accepting the waitlist position in the beginning, he sent a response right back stating he received the email and he had me on the list. Now I'm wondering if he received my second email, doesn't want to answer, or just doesn't have an answer! Ugh! I feel like calling would be over-the-top. Doctormom, can you make them love me...put in the good word?! I love barbecues and horses! I'll bring my croquet set!

LMAO!!! You guys really crack me up. I SWEAR, I don't have an "in" at DCOM and they have not hired me as their spokeswoman.:laugh: Although, I may be their number one fan.:rolleyes:

I don't think you asked a taboo question. I am sure they are just busy. Mr. Carney has been very nice and very helpful whenever I have spoken with him. I would just give him a call and make sure that he got the email. If there are only about two weeks left of interviews, then I would imagine that it will only be a few weeks before they start pulling off the waitlist. They will need to wait for some outstanding responses, but then I assume they will start taking people off of the waitlist.

Don't stress. It won't be too much longer. I hope it works out. I would love for you to come to the BBQ and hang out with the horses. :luck: :luck: :)

I'm calling in all my favors tonight in the form of prayer...Dr. Leo called me earlier today. They met about my application last week. And they're revisiting it tomorrow, apparently my scores are good, interview awesome, but the caveat...they're concerned whether one, i would end up dropping med school to go back into business or try to work during med school, and b, try to visit my wife every weekend, which was random and ridiculous, considering it would be about a 5 hour drive each way, assuming she doesn't live move up there with me. I hope I allayed their fears. My stomach is doing backflips everytime i think about it; I'm glad he called though.

I interviewed on March 27th and got the call today on April 4th if that helps you. (I was the tall, dark, and handsome one)

I have been bugging them constantly so maybe that's why I heard back so promptly.

Btw, when is the bbq?

P.S. Where I come from bbq = pig. There better not be any hamburgers.