DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine: Part 5....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want everyone to do well because I want them to succeed, but I also really want to prove to all those skeptics out there that DCOM really is one of the top DO schools.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Now that DocMom has stepped up, I know I must persist and ultimately come out victorious for the sake of her children and her horses. after all, i am at heart concerned with the well being of all my fellows. <<kisses baby on forehead>> peace be with you all!

No fair!! We posted at the same time!! :smuggrin: I want a goat.... :(

Side note: Sanjaya is GONE!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! :lol: :lol:

LOL! Well, I am in a fabulous mood because Sanjaya is gone and my horse is going to be okay, so you can still have a goat.:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Now that DocMom has stepped up, I know I must persist and ultimately come out victorious for the sake of her children and her horses. after all, i am at heart concerned with the well being of all my fellows. <<kisses baby on forehead>> peace be with you all!

LMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The children will be so proud of their mommy being the very first class president of DCOM.:biglove: :banana: :biglove: :banana:

touche! I could keep this up all night, but I'll just save it up for our first debate, haha

(and how can you not vote for some one who incorporate touche into their weekly dialect?)

touche! I could keep this up all night, but I'll just save it up for our first debate, haha

(and how can you not vote for some one who incorporate touche into their weekly dialect?)

:D :thumbup: Yes, let's not waste all our best material on SDN. We should save it for the real thing.:laugh:

"Touche" is very suave...;)

As a voter, I'm not too big on empty promises. I like to keep things simple, so I guess I'll just vote for whoever is the best looking. :thumbup:

:laugh: Can't you tell from my avatar that is me? Just look at those ears and the way I bite into that hay!:lol:

Good luck, I actually want to spend time with my kids :laugh:

I plan on being near the top, but I won't be running for anything. I want to study, do well, do some field related research and writing, and still get some time in with my family. All that said, I think it is going to be tough...but exciting!

I plan on being near the top, but I won't be running for anything. I want to study, do well, do some field related research and writing, and still get some time in with my family. All that said, I think it is going to be tough...but exciting!

Well, honestly I would have to find out about the time commitment before I would actually pursue that. Although, I really would love to be the class president. I do want time for my kids and horses though. Ideally, I will be able to do it all.:love:

You took the words right outta my mouth...except the Mother of 4 kids part.

Well, honestly I would have to find out about the time commitment before I would actually pursue that. Although, I really would love to be the class president. I do want time for my kids and horses though. Ideally, I will be able to do it all.:love:

I think it would be a great honor:thumbup: , but I'm sure the commitment would be time consuming.:thumbdown:

I wish I didn't have to sleep, I would get so much more done! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL! Well, I am in a fabulous mood because Sanjaya is gone and my horse is going to be okay, so you can still have a goat.:D

lol. WOOHOO!! :banana:

And honestly I probably won't vote for anyone, as I abstain from basically all forms of politics... :p

I think a fair solution for the class president should be to let the candidates fight it out over a good game of Halo.

I vote for mud wrestling or goat berry throwing contest instead.:laugh:

I think it would be a great honor:thumbup: , but I'm sure the commitment would be time consuming.:thumbdown:

I wish I didn't have to sleep, I would get so much more done! :laugh:

I know! We need to discover someway to make a pill that gives our body the equivalent of eight hours of sleep.:D

I was the president of the theater club at my CC before I had so many kids. But, when I was getting my BA, I didn't wasn't involved in any of the clubs. I did manage to find the time to do research, but that was about it. It would be a tremendous honor, but I would definitely have to find out about the time commitment.

As a voter, I'm not too big on empty promises. I like to keep things simple, so I guess I'll just vote for whoever is the best looking. :thumbup:

YES!! One vote!! :rolleyes:

I've actually been planning on running for class president all along, but I want to look into the time commitment before getting too involved.

I might have a little trouble beating out your horseys!! :smuggrin:

Ha Ha! I was kidding about my post, but I do plan on running! :D

LOL! I know! I was just teasing you.:laugh:

I think there will be a few of us interested if we can find the time.

No fair!! We posted at the same time!! :smuggrin: I want a goat.... :(

Side note: Sanjaya is GONE!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! :lol: :lol:

Sing it with me.....

Na na naa na, na na naa na....hey hey hey, good bye *repeat* :smuggrin:

Thank God he's gone. Nice kid and all, but I couldn't take him anymore. Now we just need to get rid of Chris and Phil (although he was good with the country music) and all things will be good. The rest are all good, there are only 2 that I see will have productive music careers (i.e. Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Daughtry - although nowhere near the success of them, more along the lines of Clay Aiken). The two I see with the most potential are Jordin and Blake - the rest will just fizzle out like Ruben and Fantasia and, eventually, Taylor.

No plans on running for class president, but will be involved somehow.

Finally...TAX SEASON IS ALL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVE MY WIFE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :biglove: :banana:

My fellow students. As the future 150th ranked student of DCOM's inagural class I just wanted to say I will not be running for president and I wish all of those who will good luck, good riddance, and good day. Where's my degree?

... things not to say on your med school interviews. :thumbup:

Ha ha!! :laugh:

My fellow students. As the future 150th ranked student of DCOM's inagural class I just wanted to say I will not be running for president and I wish all of those who will good luck, good riddance, and good day. Where's my degree?

:laugh: :thumbup: :laugh: :thumbup: :laugh:

no! that's my rank..stop trying to steal my honorable rank.:cool:

My fellow future alumni, I proudly claim my postion as the 150th ranked student of the class of 2013! Hand me the BRS series. I'll be studying for the USMLE. I'll be hanging out at the swimin' hole with NPEMTIV and Lamborghni. :thumbup:

My fellow future alumni, I proudly claim my postion as the 150th ranked student of the class of 2013! Hand me the BRS series. I'll be studying for the USMLE. I'll be hanging out at the swimin' hole with NPEMTIV and Lamborghni. :thumbup:

I was hopping DCOM wouldn't be one of those cut throat competitive schools, but it looks like we might be! :laugh: :D

I want everyone to do well because I want them to succeed, but I also really want to prove to all those skeptics out there that DCOM really is one of the top DO schools.:thumbup:

agree:thumbup: but like to see it as one of the best medical school in the country, not just osteopathic.

right on! To be honest USMLE's will matter a whole lot to me, so lets rock those boards and tank school...hehe

How much ya wanna bet someone (a lurker who is unaware of our DCOM humor and the smart mouths of the folks on this thread) will say,

"See, the all want to be last in the class! I told you going to a new school was a bad idea. They all have substandard MCAT scores and a C in O-chem! HORROR! DCOM will ruin the DO profession! Outrage! MD>DO!"

:smuggrin: :lol: :biglove: <---The official DCOM smilie.

How much ya wanna bet someone (a lurker who is unaware of our DCOM humor and the smart mouths of the folks on this thread) will say,

"See, the all want to be last in the class! I told you going to a new school was a bad idea. HORROR! DCOM will ruin the DO profession! Outrage! MD>DO!"

you bet

Ok, you two fight it out, I'll just shoot for 148th. :D

"See, the all want to be last in the class! I told you going to a new school was a bad idea. They all have substandard MCAT scores and a C in O-chem! HORROR! DCOM will ruin the DO profession! Outrage! MD>DO!"

Oh man I hope so. That way when we reign supreme, no one would have seen it coming!! Just like the attack I'm planning on Canada.... MWAHAHAHA... oh. sorry.

Sooo nothing yet on the financial aid stuff?? Did anyone apply for scholarships? I applied to one and im hoping to get it! There really isn't much for first year med students! I found alot but they were all for either 2nd, 3rd or fourth year! sucks!

No financial aid stuff here. I thought I would have had it by now. Still waiting...:sleep: :laugh:

So what do you think we will get first - financial aid stuff or a DCOM t-shirt??? :smuggrin:

So what do you think we will get first - financial aid stuff or a DCOM t-shirt??? :smuggrin:

The man is obsessed with the T-Shirt... :)

I'm thinking of making one up for you! :)

I just want a sticker made of the seal so I can put it on my truck.

Yes, my name is MJB, and I'm pretty sure I'm a redneck (that will probably be commuting in the wife's Civic).

Hmmm...that's a tough one.:laugh: I am moving down there May 21st. I hope to be able to go and get a shirt on May 22nd. I will let y'all know if they have them. I can't believe I am moving in about a month. OMG!!!:scared: I still have so much to do!:eek:

Hmmm...that's a tough one.:laugh: I am moving down there May 21st. I hope to be able to go and get a shirt on May 22nd. I will let y'all know if they have them. I can't believe I am moving in about a month. OMG!!!:scared: I still have so much to do!:eek:

We are thinking about going down to DCOM on May 20th and staying until about the 24th to look at houses and put a contract on one. :thumbup:

The man is obsessed with the T-Shirt... :)

I'm thinking of making one up for you! :)

I just want a sticker made of the seal so I can put it on my truck.

Yes, my name is MJB, and I'm pretty sure I'm a redneck (that will probably be commuting in the wife's Civic).

How about...I went to DCOM and all I got was this lousy t-shirt :smuggrin:

I know it's been used, but it is still good at times.

We just have been told a few different times that DCOM stuff has been ordered and that they will be available in a couple weeks and it has been over 2 months.

We just have been told a few different times that DCOM stuff has been ordered and that they will be available in a couple weeks and it has been over 2 months.

I LOVE that!! :laugh: :laugh:
Do you think we will get to make our own DCOM shirts for OMM lab? I am voting on that if we do.

Another t-shirt idea...

DCOM...Home of Goat Berries, Horses, and Dr. Inviz :smuggrin:

DOCMOM, I think I will for sure be there while you move. Our house finally appraised and closing at the end of April. Now, if I am for sure there, you can count on me helping you and your family....especially with the freaking piano. :scared: I used to move for a living, so moving pianos is.....well, the least fun:laugh:

Good luck getting ready to move. We will be out there in June sometime.....right after the kitchen gets done I guess.

You and the wif will have to stop by if I am out there still. Maybe I should bring the clubs and we could atleast go and hit some nuggets at the local driving range.

I'm going with my dad to find a place to live on Labor Day weekend. BBQ anyone?

We are thinking about going down to DCOM on May 20th and staying until about the 24th to look at houses and put a contract on one. :thumbup:

You have to stop by and say hello if you get a chance! I would love to meet you guys!:luck: :biglove:

DOCMOM, I think I will for sure be there while you move. Our house finally appraised and closing at the end of April. Now, if I am for sure there, you can count of me helping you and your family....especially with the freaking piano. :scared: I used to move for a living, so moving pianos is.....well, the least fun:laugh:

Good luck getting ready to move. We will be out there in June sometime.....right after the kitchen gets done I guess.

WOOT! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!:biglove: :banana: :bow:

I just hope I can get the piano on the truck here.:laugh:

Good luck with the house too. I hope it goes more smoothly for you than it did for us. :luck:

Status
Not open for further replies.