DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine: Part 5....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lamont,

What school are you at right now?

Members don't see this ad.

The ability to put some of the lectures, etc...on my iPod would be nice...

Gotta have something to do on my anticipated commute! :)

I would love it if the lectures could be put on ipods! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that care for recording their own lectures, I think there is a microphone built into the computer to record lectures on your own...

what did Dr.I do to be put on hold this time?

There is a mic of the tablet, but there is no quality. In a lecture setting, at best I could hear Qs being asked around me, but not the Prof -unless he coughed or something :laugh:

There is a mic jack and this worked much better. You can even put a link to the lecture in your notes in Onenote like I did -that is for those with OCD :smuggrin:

I have an ipod and bought a mic that plugs in...you can find various brands, I believe mine is Berkin. I ended up using this b/c of what MJB said, I liked listening to it w/o my computer and it just ended up being easier than downloading from my computer.

I know there was a brief discusion about starting a note taking service, has it been seriously considered and does anyone know exactly how it works? I have read a little bit about it, but I didn't know if anyone has actually had any experienced it. Even if there is mandatory attendence, the service would be fantastic.:thumbup:

I have an ipod and bought a mic that plugs in...you can find various brands, I believe mine is Berkin. I ended up using this b/c of what MJB said, I liked listening to it w/o my computer and it just ended up being easier than downloading from my computer.:

So how did this work? The ipod was basically recording your lectures? Could you explain it a little, cause I am really interested in this.:D

I added a bunch of you guys over at the facebook page.

Alright, so don't flame me, but how do you access the facebook page? :oops:

Yay facebook! I'm going to stalk through the facebook group later, once I get back from my appointment.

Yay facebook! I'm going to stalk through the facebook group later, once I get back from my appointment.

Yeah I already did that, and added a lot of people. :D

When do you guys think we will get our email addresses, cause then we can add that Network on facebook?:hungover:

Members don't see this ad :)
Any alternate list news? I know it's early for movement off the list- just curious to know of any new info...(#'s, dates, etc)

Heh...I got a bunch of new friends on facebook...

I don't use it much cause I'm not really a student anywhere right now, and can't join my alma mater's network since I don't have an email from there...seems kinda dumb.

I look forward to having a network for DCOM.

So, I got some information from Mr Carney last week stating that there was about 150 people who wanted to hold their seats on the waitlist, and still only about 2/3 of the class was full. So there is still a decent chance. hope that helps

Thanks, Dr. G.K.!

So how did this work? The ipod was basically recording your lectures? Could you explain it a little, cause I am really interested in this.:D

Okay, I said it was a Berkin but now that I am home I see that it is Belkin. Here a link to a website that has the mic. I like it and it is really clear. You can download the lectures to your computer also.

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=277661

It fits my ipod really nice, but I have also seen people use it with the nanos.

So, I got some information from Mr Carney last week stating that there was about 150 people who wanted to hold their seats on the waitlist, and still only about 2/3 of the class was full. So there is still a decent chance. hope that helps

150?!? that's A LOT

150?!? that's A LOT

150 is a lot. When I talked to Paul Carney a couple of weeks ago, I thought he had said that they had waitlisted about 115 people and of those 63 had noted interest in being on the waitlist. Maybe this have changed that much in the last couple of weeks.

Sweet. :thumbup: Do you think it works well even in larger lecture halls?

I've used it in small class rooms all the way up to lecture halls holding 250 (McClung, for any UTK students). I always sit near the front or put it on the lecture podium, I'm not sure how it would do in the back. :)

150 is a lot. When I talked to Paul Carney a couple of weeks ago, I thought he had said that they had waitlisted about 115 people and of those 63 had noted interest in being on the waitlist. Maybe this have changed that much in the last couple of weeks.

I doubt it would change that much!

I did hear that they were holding some seats for TNers who were being interviewed late, but this could be rumor. Even if it was, I doubt that they are holding 50 seats!

Businessman, did you send your letters of intent? I hope you and Lala get in!!!

I doubt it would change that much!

I did hear that they were holding some seats for TNers who were being interviewed late, but this could be rumor. Even if it was, I doubt that they are holding 50 seats!

Businessman, did you send your letters of intent? I hope you and Lala get in!!!

What about me?? Don't I get any love :)

i hope we ALL get in:D (you too seger)
their last day of interviews is the 24th, so that's soon luckily!

What about me?? Don't I get any love :)

:laugh: :laugh: You too! :love:

I just know that businessman, lala and I have been running the same interview circut! Plus, they both have shown me a lot of love! :biglove:

I've got love for everyone and hope you all get accepted! :biglove:

:laugh: :laugh: You too! :love:

I just know that businessman, lala and I have been running the same interview circut! Plus, they both have shown me a lot of love! :biglove:

I figured...I was just making sure I didn't have anyone on my bad side :D or trying hard to get there :rolleyes:

**by the way, did anyone notice that the "rolleyes" smilie is now considered the "sarcastic" smilie as well??? I guess someone was listening :idea:

i love how everyone on this thread uses the super happy bouncy smileys, it makes my day every time i see them haha

I hope you all get rejected and then get injured four years from now and begrudgingly must accept treatment from the medical class which you were never good enough to make.

Muahahahaha!

On a side note:

I am close to A LOT of doctors, and they all talk about the cut throat "not only must I do well, but everyone else must fail" environment of med school. To me, it is amazing how different than that attitude everything about DCOM is.

I learned something in the corporate world: there is nothing more fulfilling than seeing someone I helped/trained be successful and get promoted rapidly. It seems that everyone associated with DCOM shares my attitude, and will encourage that type of camaraderie at the school. I hope I am a part of it, because I think it is going to be something great.

The best to all of you :thumbup: :luck:

here, here! :thumbup: well-said!

So has anyone seen this show on TLC called 101 Things Removed? It's all different kinds of odd things removed from peoples bodies. It's pretty freaking awesome. :thumbup:

:hijacked: I just wanted to let you all know that my horse Star was seen by the vet today and he is fine. He is about 150 pounds underweight and his hooves are really thin because he has been malnourished and neglected, but he is going to be okay. He is eating everything in sight now and is gaining weight every day. He is now up to date on all of his shots and will be sound for riding in about a month. YAY!!!! :biglove: :banana: :biglove: :banana:

i love how everyone on this thread uses the super happy bouncy smileys, it makes my day every time i see them haha

LOL! I know! I love it. That is the best smiley ever!:biglove: :biglove: :D

On a side note:

I am close to A LOT of doctors, and they all talk about the cut throat "not only must I do well, but everyone else must fail" environment of med school. To me, it is amazing how different than that attitude everything about DCOM is.

I learned something in the corporate world: there is nothing more fulfilling than seeing someone I helped/trained be successful and get promoted rapidly. It seems that everyone associated with DCOM shares my attitude, and will encourage that type of camaraderie at the school. I hope I am a part of it, because I think it is going to be something great.

The best to all of you :thumbup: :luck:

As an anatomy grad student at a medical school, I see it everyday. First & second year students screwing each other over yet being very subtle and ingenious about it. Sad to say, even at LMU-DCOM, a little unhealthy competition's gonna be inevitable. On a good note, everyone will probably find their own little group to hang with & look out for each other. Even better, DO students are typically a little more older & mature. We'll just have to see...

Well, I am a total control freak and definitely competitive. But, I am honest, caring, and compassionate and not at all cutthroat. I plan on being at the top of the class, but I am also very happy to help out anyone that I can. I am all for study groups and helping each other to succeed. I am concerned as much about the success of my fellow classmates and the school itself as I am for my own personal success. There is nothing wrong with good, clean, honest competition. It makes you strive to be your very best. :D :thumbup:

Well, I am a total control freak and definitely competitive. But, I am honest, caring, and compassionate and not at all cutthroat. I plan on being at the top of the class, but I am also very happy to help out anyone that I can. I am all for study groups and helping each other to succeed. I am concerned as much about the success of my fellow classmates and the school itself as I am for my own personal success. There is nothing wrong with good, clean, honest competition. It makes you strive to be your very best. :D :thumbup:

Spoken like a true, future cutthroat. :laugh:

ok, i was just kidding. and with that, i announce my candidacy for dcom inaugural class president! free tuition to the person that clinches it for me!
my campaign promises are three-fold:
-we will be doctors in half the time with twice the knowledge
-I will teach each of you to wield one super power of your choosing
-upside down margarita mondays! (I can pour tequila like none other)

ok, i was just kidding. and with that, i announce my candidacy for dcom inaugural class president! free tuition to the person that clinches it for me!

You've got my vote!! :laugh:

LOL! I'll fight you for that one....I officially announce my candidacy for DCOM class president too. Not only will I offer you all of the above, but I will give you all free pony rides and every person who votes for me will get a free goat.:laugh:

I guess I'll throw my 2 cents in to help folks out too. I'm going to be under a primary care agreement with a hospital back home, so I won't have to be as competitive as the majority of the class since I've got a residency (and hopefully a job) waiting on me, as long as I don't rank dead last.

Just nobody bug me when House M.D. or American Idol is on, or I will purposely sabotage you with discretely wrong answers.

I guess I'll throw my 2 cents in to help folks out too. I'm going to be under a primary care agreement with a hospital back home, so I won't have to be as competitive as the majority of the class since I've got a residency (and hopefully a job) waiting on me, as long as I don't rank dead last.

Just nobody bug me when House M.D. or American Idol is on, or I will purposely sabotage you with discretely wrong answers.

LOL! I hear you on that. Those are my two top shows too.:D :thumbup:

I actually hope that everybody in the class does well because it would reflect well on us all.

As far as being top of the class, I initially hope to just keep my head above water.

Status
Not open for further replies.