Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooo I can't wait until the Ravens kill you!!! :smuggrin:

that is if the pats dont take them out 1st.

oh woe my cowboys for their loss ... i hate bandwagoners!

At the very LEAST, it appears this school has recruited a nice batch of athletic talent and may have installed its 1st league :laugh:

nah, i dont think the school will burn down, i do hope a school burns down, but not this one ... i think DoctorMom and a few others know which school im referring to in this one :smuggrin:

im sure the school will be great, i hear you guys get free laptops now and 1st year technology fee waiver, quite nice ... now all Pete DeBusk needs to do is hitch me a jet ride to Harrogate, now THAT would just be so nice!:cool:

I expect this interview to be laid back, the people I've spoken to have been quite friendly and laid back, didnt expect that. Also didnt expect the speed at which my file would be looked at and processed, along with the interview invite. That is a nice surprise. I'll let you all know of what I think, I may end up driving up there because flights are pricey and the hold overs in ATL take too long anyways. Anyone also interviewing on the 30th? I need a place to crash ... im talking those living near Harrogate. I will be gone soon after the interview day is complete because I have class at 7. Yep, I'm quite dedicated at heart, riiighhhtt. :laugh:

It may not ultimately be my #1 option, given the lack of tradition and its rurality, but I do now believe it will ATLEAST be better than LECOM, LECOM-Br, and PCSOM, and Touro, and AZ ...

BTW, what all did you guys/gals take to this interview? What attire is good? I have a buttoned up yellow shirt, but not a white one, would that work?

Gracias,
Dr. Inviz

MUAHAHA!!!:smuggrin: +pissed+ :laugh: I wore a black pant suit. I would suggest suit, shirt, and tie. Yellow shirt...?:rolleyes: I would buy a white one. (I guess I will have to add that to my list along with the PS2 and the model car.:laugh: ) I did not bring anything to the interview. They give you a folder and a pen, so you can take notes on that if you want. GOOD LUCK!!!:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh yea, one more thing...I HATE FOOTBALL!!!! LOL! I don't understand it even though my husband has tried forever to explain it to me. Why does it take an hour to play five minutes of football?!?!? :smuggrin: I do love baseball though!:)

Does DCOM accept CLEP credit?
No idea, call or email and ask.:)

Can I get A "MEOW YA'LL"??? I just got an e-mail response from Dr Leo. Here it is:
Dear XXXX ,

We accept CLEP courses as long as your undergrad institution accepted them and they appear on their transcript.

We would accept classes from XXXXXX College
We are on a rolling admissions schedule and you could still be considered for this cycle.

Sincerely.

Jonathan Leo, Ph.D.
Assistant Dean of Admissions and Student Advancement
Associate Professor of Neuroanatomy
Lincoln Memorial University
DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine
Harrogate, TN 37752
423-869-7094

Why does it take an hour to play five minutes of football?!?!? :smuggrin: I do love baseball though!:)

No offense, but that makes absolutely no sense...Baseball is the only sport where there is no time limit, that I know of.

I've seen pitchers take 45 seconds or more between pitches...boring.

My wife likes going to the games, and is quickly learning the game...(football)

I have trouble playing flag football...I still have the tendency to go ahead and tacke...Instinct I guess! :)

No offense, but that makes absolutely no sense...Baseball is the only sport where there is no time limit, that I know of.

I have trouble playing flag football...I still have the tendency to go ahead and tacke...Instinct I guess! :)

LMAO! OK, it can get boring, but I think it adds to the supsense. ;) At least they don't have all those time-outs. It seems more than half of football people standing around talking, then the game starts again, everyone runs around for thirty seconds, and then they all slam into each other and lay in a pile...after that....talking again. Talk about boring!:laugh:

At the very LEAST, it appears this school has recruited a nice batch of athletic talent and may have installed its 1st league :laugh:

nah, i dont think the school will burn down, i do hope a school burns down, but not this one ... i think DoctorMom and a few others know which school im referring to in this one :smuggrin:

im sure the school will be great, i hear you guys get free laptops now and 1st year technology fee waiver, quite nice ... now all Pete DeBusk needs to do is hitch me a jet ride to Harrogate, now THAT would just be so nice!:cool:

I expect this interview to be laid back, the people I've spoken to have been quite friendly and laid back, didnt expect that. Also didnt expect the speed at which my file would be looked at and processed, along with the interview invite. That is a nice surprise. I'll let you all know of what I think, I may end up driving up there because flights are pricey and the hold overs in ATL take too long anyways. Anyone also interviewing on the 30th? I need a place to crash ... im talking those living near Harrogate. I will be gone soon after the interview day is complete because I have class at 7. Yep, I'm quite dedicated at heart, riiighhhtt. :laugh:

It may not ultimately be my #1 option, given the lack of tradition and its rurality, but I do now believe it will ATLEAST be better than LECOM, LECOM-Br, and PCSOM, and Touro, and AZ ...

BTW, what all did you guys/gals take to this interview? What attire is good? I have a buttoned up yellow shirt, but not a white one, would that work?

Gracias,
Dr. Inviz

I wore a yellow and red HULKAMANIA muscle tank top with a sweet pair of MC Hammer pants.........I think it was my "business up top, party in the back" killer mullet that gave me the edge I needed.:laugh:

There were a couple of guys that wore a yellow dress shirt with their suits......you are wearing a suit, right? I think you should be ok, BUT, I would wear a white dress shirt, if you can get one.

I agree, every time I play flag football, the game usually ends up in an "Ultimate Fighting Championship" deathmatch......we give eachother flying knee smashes, JUDO chops to the neck and usually a sleeper hold or two.....lots of fun.:laugh:

LMAO! OK, it can get boring, but I think it adds to the supsense. ;) At least they don't have all those time-outs. It seems more than half of football people standing around talking, then the game starts again, everyone runs around for thirty seconds, and then they all slam into each other and lay in a pile...after that....talking again. Talk about boring!:laugh:

:laugh: Ok, so I am not the only one that does not understand football( well I do get the main point, but there are so many detailed rules)..oh and baseball
I get that one, but I also think its a bit on boring side..a bit only. Who plays baseball, only like Cuba, Japan and US? jk

:laugh: Ok, so I am not the only one that does not understand football( well I do get the main point, but there are so many detailed rules)..oh and baseball
I get that one, but I also think its a bit on boring side..a bit only. Who plays baseball, only like Cuba, Japan and US? jk

HA HA! :p :laugh:

I wore a yellow and red HULKAMANIA muscle tank top with a sweet pair of MC Hammer pants.........I think it was my "business up top, party in the back" killer mullet that gave me the edge I needed.:laugh:

There were a couple of guys that wore a yellow dress shirt with their suits......you are wearing a suit, right? I think you should be ok, BUT, I would wear a white dress shirt, if you can get one.

heh, yea, I'm looking to buy a suit or maybe rent one. I guess I will also look to purchase a white buttoned up shirt, as well. I also have a maroon shirt, too .. I dunno why, but we have yellow and maroon, but not white. :rolleyes:

oh, i'll make sure to come in wearing a superman costume or something. im sure they'd love to have a local smalltown, mild-mannered superhero treating their patients.

heh, yea, I'm looking to buy a suit or maybe rent one. I guess I will also look to purchase a white buttoned up shirt, as well. I also have a maroon shirt, too .. I dunno why, but we have yellow and maroon, but not white. :rolleyes:

oh, i'll make sure to come in wearing a superman costume or something. im sure they'd love to have a local smalltown, mild-mannered superhero treating their patients.

Faster than a Kaplan MCAT prep test,
More powerful than a triple shot expresso,

Able to leap through nonsensical SDN threads/posts with a single click,

"Look there, In the OMM lab! It's a Cowboy lover, It's Yellow shirt!
No IT'S PRE-DO MAN!

http://www.elite.net/~gurpal/movie/superman.mid

For Truth, Justice and the Osteopathic WAY!

Members don't see this ad :)

BTW, I this may sound cheesy, but if you have pics of your family, wife, kids, etc, BRING them. This is such a good way to break the ice with ANYBODY. Whether in the interview or at lunch with the adcoms, it will help you stand out, cause it gives you something to strike up conversation. Everyone likes talking about their kids, etc.....

BTW, I this may sound cheesy, but if you have pics of your family, wife, kids, etc, BRING them. This is such a good way to break the ice with ANYBODY. Whether in the interview or at lunch with the adcoms, it will help you stand out, cause it gives you something to strike up conversation. Everyone likes talking about their kids, etc.....

LOL! He doesn't have kids!:laugh: But I agree, definitely have something to talk about during lunch.:luck:

Faster than a Kaplan MCAT prep test,
More powerful than a triple shot expresso,

Able to leap through nonsensical SDN threads/posts with a single click,

"Look there, In the OMM lab! It's a Cowboy lover, It's Yellow shirt!
No IT'S PRE-DO MAN!

http://www.elite.net/~gurpal/movie/superman.mid

For Truth, Justice and the Osteopathic WAY!

LMAO! You are funny! BTW, espresso actually has less caffeine in it than regular coffee, so you should say more powerful than a cup of Maxwell Drip Coffee. I learned that in organic chemistry. The caffeine is too heavy a molecule to go from solid to gas which the way you make espresso. It has to do with the partition coefficient. (Sorry, I am a science geek.:laugh: )

LOL! He doesn't have kids!:laugh: But I agree, definitely have something to talk about during lunch.:luck:

Then he can bring in some pics of himself wearing his SuperMan outfit. He would have more explaining to do than anything....:laugh:

DUDE, BUY A SUIT! This is not just any interview to be Custumer Rep at Old Navy, and its not just an interview to be a "med student!"...This is an interview for a job as a PHYSICIAN! BUY the SUIT! Besides, you are gonna need it for lots of occassions during med school and as a doctor!

I have tons of suits and this is what you need to know! Gray suit represents "smarts", Navy Blue with red tie represents "power, strong minded" and black suit is just PIMP!

I wore a Dark Charcoal Suit with a white shirt with a red tie. Everyone there is gonna be dressed really nice so you dont wanna be the one standing out for the wrong reasons! Welcome to the DCOM bandwagon!

P.S. I'll kick all ur a$$es in football! ALL YOU LADIES (this includes the males) dont stand a chance!!!

hahaha......

We didn't get to do lunch on our interview day...

Did mean we had more time to check things out. We ate ate a mexican restaurant that was pretty good, then checked out the Lincoln Museum..very cool.

LMAO! You are funny! BTW, espresso actually has less caffeine in it than regular coffee, so you should say more powerful than a cup of Maxwell Drip Coffee. I learned that in organic chemistry. The caffeine is too heavy a molecule to go from solid to gas which the way you make espresso. It has to do with the partition coefficient. (Sorry, I am a science geek.:laugh: )

OMG.. you are a total NERD! You just lost some cool points with the rest of the cool DCOM people! JK

I HAVE AN IDEA PEOPLE!!! Lets try and convince PETE DEBUSK to pay for our tuition too!!!:)

DUDE, BUY A SUIT! This is not just any interview to be Custumer Rep at Old Navy, and its not just an interview to be a "med student!"...This is an interview for a job as a PHYSICIAN! BUY the SUIT! Besides, you are gonna need it for lots of occassions during med school and as a doctor!

I have tons of suits and this is what you need to know! Gray suit represents "smarts", Navy Blue with red tie represents "power, strong minded" and black suit is just PIMP!

I wore a Dark Charcoal Suit with a white shirt with a red tie. Everyone there is gonna be dressed really nice so you dont wanna be the one standing out for the wrong reasons! Welcome to the DCOM bandwagon!

P.S. I'll kick all ur a$$es in football! ALL YOU LADIES (this includes the males) dont stand a chance!!!

hahaha......

I wore a black suit with a my shirt un-buttoned down to my chest, exposing my sensuality. I also wore a purple fur top hat.....that seemed to go over really well.......

Watch out Super, I pack heat when I play football, cause when I get smoked by everyone else, I just end up shooting them in the back. MUAHAHAHAHA!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OMG.. you are a total NERD! You just lost some cool points with the rest of the cool DCOM people! JK

I HAVE AN IDEA PEOPLE!!! Lets try and convince PETE DEBUSK to pay for our tuition too!!!:)

At least the first year.
What's another $4M or so??? :smuggrin:

Seriously, it was very generous of him and his family to help fund the med school. It will have a positive effect countless lives (hopefully mine if I can race like a madwoman and get my stuff in AND knock out an amazing MCAT score)

Yeah, its a good idea to have something to start conversation. I dont know how I would pull that one off, do you just pull out pictures and say: gather up everyone! :laugh: Its definetely important to talk at the lunch, tour, etc. I, on the other hand, did talk, but not as much 'cause I could not get the chance thanks to RNP614! jk (btw where are u?) I did make a joke, and a prof that was at my table just looked at me cause he probbaly thought I was being serious, :D I wanted for earth to open up and just swallow me together with the chair.:laugh: oh its all good, I am in.

yes, i ... err ... we know.

i dont think i ever learned that, or anything, in my organic class. could be the reason why that was my worst class-pair ever.

In my OCHEM I at CC we had to solve problems such as why nicotin gums work or don't work after drinking orange juice ( had to know all the formulas and reactions that happen in this kind of cases), how blood thiners work and similar. It was the coolest class. Then at a univeristy, ochem II class was most useless class ever.

P.S I cant believe how easy is to spent hours on SDN, gotta go do something productive

In my OCHEM I at CC we had to solve problems such as why nicotin gums work or don't work after drinking orange juice ( had to know all the formulas and reactions that happen in this kind of cases), how blood thiners work and similar. It was the coolest class. Then at a univeristy, ochem II class was most useless class ever.

P.S I cant believe how easy is to spent hours on SDN, gotta go do something productive

OChem is the most useless class ever because it is taught by cranky old PhDs who's personal vendetta is to weed out each and every pre-med possible because they couldnt cut it in the pre-med world themselves. The moment my OChem professor found out I was pre-med, she cussed me out of her office and refused to help. No wonder I ended up with double Cs .. and unfortunately, it wasnt the good double Cs either ...

yes, i ... err ... we know.

i dont think i ever learned that, or anything, in my organic class. could be the reason why that was my worst class-pair ever.

LOL! Organic chemistry was actually interesting because we learned all kinds of interesting things like that. I love my professor too. I have him again this semester, so I will let you all know about the fascinating things I learn.;) :laugh:
You boys better watch out for me in class...don't want to embarrass you or anything. I may not understand football, but I understand science. :cool: ;)

LOL! Organic chemistry was actually interesting because we learned all kinds of interesting things like that. I love my professor too. I have him again this semester, so I will let you all know about the fascinating things I learn.;) :laugh:
You boys better watch out for me in class...don't want to embarrass you or anything. I may not understand football, but I understand science. :cool: ;)

sniper mentality: dont get embarrased. now that i know you know your science, watch out.

Don't worry Doctormom, I already know where you are gonna be in class! You are gonna be the one 30 mins early just to get the very middle seat in the 1st row of the class! I know i know! Ill be in the back throwing spitwads at you for asking too many questions!

haha jk!

Don't worry Doctormom, I already know where you are gonna be in class! You are gonna be the one 30 mins early just to get the very middle seat in the 1st row of the class! I know i know! Ill be in the back throwing spitwads at you for asking too many questions!

haha jk!

Shoot, If I get in she's gonna hafta 'wrassle me for that seat. I get up early and have just a cat to feed. She's gotta feed her troops! :laugh:

*Sunny wonders if she can bribe Doctormom's kids to hold her up so Sunny can beat her to class and get the choice seat* :smuggrin:

Shoot, If I get in she's gonna hafta 'wrassle me for that seat. I get up early and have just a cat to feed. She's gotta feed her troops! :laugh:

*Sunny wonders if she can bribe Doctormom's kids to hold her up so Sunny can beat her to class and get the choice seat* :smuggrin:

Thats good, im glad you guys are excited about DCOM! But I guarantee you that after the first day you guys are gonna be hating it bc of all the crap we have to read and go over! Its gonna be hell! With that in mind... enjoy the front row seat! Ill be home sleeping, Ill watch the lecture on the internet later that day! GOD bless Technology!

BTW... i hope you guys know im joking about being a complete slacker!

BTW... TONY ROMO IS A LOSER!!!

Here's some pictures I took from last week. There's not many, but you get an idea of how nice it is...

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/nsolana/New%20Year 2007/?start=0

Did you get a 40 on your MCAT? That'll get you in anywhere! or at least I hope it would...
It's always a compliment to look young! :D

I interviewed last friday (Jan 5th). I loved DCOM, but didn't really like the area. It's gorgeous, but so rural. I guess it woudln't really matter anyways, b/c we'll be studying so much. If I get accepted, I'm going to choose it over LECOM (Bradenton).

Oh yeah- you aren't suppose to look at the other pictures! jk- I don't care.

I interviewed last friday (Jan 5th). I loved DCOM, but didn't really like the area. It's gorgeous, but so rural. I guess it woudln't really matter anyways, b/c we'll be studying so much. If I get accepted, I'm going to choose it over LECOM (Bradenton).

Oh yeah- you aren't suppose to look at the other pictures! jk- I don't care.

Why would u choose it over LECOM Br?

Ema honey... you know why she's chosing DCOM.. cuz im going there silly! Same reason why you're going! Duh!

nah jk! no really, why would you chose DCOM? and yes ur right... you are gonna be studying most of the time and i guess its a good thing that there won't be any distractions there! Plus, once in a while im planning on getting away to Knoxville for the weekend to forget about school... Knoxville is fun!

I love Florida, but I've lived here my whole life. There are so many old people, a**hole drivers, high-cost of living... it took me two hours to get to work the other day... I work only 25 miles away. I was looking to buy a condo last year and they wanted $180,000 for a 1 bedroom/bath of 675 sq ft. It's so ridiculous.

Bradenton is a little better than where I'm living, but not by much. Plus, I don't know if I like the PBL. I think it would work, but how do you know if you are getting all the info you need? I'm not sure- and it's going to be a hard decision (b/c family/friends/familiarity).

Any input?

I'd choose it over LECOM-BR for the mere fact that my brothers live in Tampa and my uncle in Orlando. I haven't lived in the same state as my bros (for more than 3 months) in 15 years! I love those rat bazzztads dearly but we get into verbal slugfests when we spend too much time together.

I like you quote "Support bacteria...it's the only culture some people have." I'm stealing it for myspace.

So, you would choose DCOM. I just have a good feeling about that school.

Ema honey... you know why she's chosing DCOM.. cuz im going there silly! Same reason why you're going! Duh!

nah jk! no really, why would you chose DCOM? and yes ur right... you are gonna be studying most of the time and i guess its a good thing that there won't be any distractions there! Plus, once in a while im planning on getting away to Knoxville for the weekend to forget about school... Knoxville is fun!

Super 21 suffers from whats known in psychology and psychiatry as excessive narcissism. This is recognized as a severe personality dysfunction or personality disorder, most characteristically Narcissistic Personality Disorder, also referred to as NPD.
The terms "narcissism", "narcissistic" and "narcissist" are often used as pejoratives, denoting vanity, conceit, egotism or simple selfishness.

Super 21 suffers from whats known in psychology and psychiatry as excessive narcissism. This is recognized as a severe personality dysfunction or personality disorder, most characteristically Narcissistic Personality Disorder, also referred to as NPD.
The terms "narcissism", "narcissistic" and "narcissist" are often used as pejoratives, denoting vanity, conceit, egotism or simple selfishness.

haha.. im gonna kick ur a$$ for this one. Funny tho! You're lucky I like you or else...umm... anyways!

Oh by the way, how are your hemorrhoids doing? Is it getting better?

haha.. im gonna kick ur a$$ for this one. Funny tho! You're lucky I like you or else...umm... anyways!

Oh by the way, how are your hemorrhoids doing? Is it getting better?

Remeber how u said u want to do things for youself before school starts? Here is the idea: dont read those textbooks in B&N library, work on your humor skills, and growing up. I like you too flower:D

Remeber how u said u want to do things for youself before school starts? Here is the idea: dont read those textbooks in B&N library, work on your humor skills, and growing up. I like you too flower:D

Flower? you're calling flower? awww... remember what happen to that guy talking smack on the other thread/ yeah ok, lets not go there sweetie!

Why are being a jerk? you jerk!!! Yeah, I changed my mind, I dont think we should be roommates anymore!

haha jK!

Super21:

LOL! How did you know that is where I always sit? ;) :laugh:
Oh and I WILL drive you crazy with the questions!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.