Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoot, If I get in she's gonna hafta 'wrassle me for that seat. I get up early and have just a cat to feed. She's gotta feed her troops! :laugh:

*Sunny wonders if she can bribe Doctormom's kids to hold her up so Sunny can beat her to class and get the choice seat* :smuggrin:

+pissed+ I always get mad when someone gets my seat, so I will fight you for it.:smuggrin: LOL! Sorry, but if you are in class with me you just have to deal with all my questions and stay out of my seat.:laugh:

Super21 and Ema, you two are so cute together....:love: We are going to have a really fun class!:D

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So how many of you folks reserved an apartment? This question applies to people who got the email from Dr.leo.

+pissed+ I always get mad when someone gets my seat, so I will fight you for it.:smuggrin: LOL! Sorry, but if you are in class with me you just have to deal with all my questions and stay out of my seat.:laugh:

Super21 and Ema, you two are so cute together....:love: We are going to have a really fun class!:D

Oh please don't be that nerd at the fromt row always asking every question that slowly comes floating through their mind... thats so annoying! Watch out, first day of class im gonna put thumbnails on the seats so that you two dorks learn your lessons quickly! haha!:laugh:

I might reserve an apt, i dont know. I would just hate to carry all my tons of furniture, so im selling everything. Im still devetaing wether to move in with Ema or not! But she can cook, so i might really consider it!:love:

Oh please don't be that nerd at the fromt row always asking every question that slowly comes floating through their mind... thats so annoying! Watch out, first day of class im gonna put thumbnails on the seats so that you two dorks learn your lessons quickly! haha!:laugh:

I might reserve an apt, i dont know. I would just hate to carry all my tons of furniture, so im selling everything. Im still devetaing wether to move in with Ema or not! But she can cook, so i might really consider it!:love:

Sorry, can't help it. I will be sure to check my seat before I sit down.;) I am not reserving an apartment because I have too many kids and animals. We are probably buying a house.

Tiagao: good luck on your interview!:luck:

Thanks Doctormom, I'm getting pretty excited.:D

Super21, the idea is NOT to tell her what you will be doing to her ... ;)

Also DoctorMom, apparently there is a facebook group targetting peeps like yourself, you should take a gander at it ... i joined it :cool: :smuggrin:

Better think hard, cuzz all your blackmail material is goin nill ;)

Super21, the idea is NOT to tell her what you will be doing to her ... ;)

Also DoctorMom, apparently there is a facebook group targetting peeps like yourself, you should take a gander at it ... i joined it :cool: :smuggrin:

Better think hard, cuzz all your blackmail material is goin nill ;)

LOL! Yea, I saw the group you joined on Facebook and I know you did it just for me!:love: Don't worry, I will think of something.:idea: :laugh:

Umm super 21 I am not sure about that:p

Ok, so how come I have not received any emails about housing, fin aid etc. Was that only for people who sent the checks in?

Ok, so how come I have not received any emails about housing, fin aid etc. Was that only for people who sent the checks in?

Yeaaa..assuming you already sent in your deposit, you should have gotten an email regarding the housing, white coat ceremony etc. However the financial aid stuff will come later this month i think.

Members don't see this ad :)

Ema check you spam folder (01/04/07)...
thats where my email ended up

I been wondering how are we going to prepare for our Boards without tips and used books from upper class students, students across the country constantly get valuable advices from their upperclass students...us being the inagural class we would def need a coaching centre (kaplan) for our board preparation. Also share any more concerns due to the fact that we will be the first class?

Oh and ... I applied to DCOM, interview Jan. 30th ... Cheers! :cool:

NSU - 2/15 interview
PCOM-GA - 1/17 interview
DCOM - 1/30 interview
DMU - secondary review
LECOM - Br - who cares, pre-interview hold, theyre now last on my list.

I'm going to DCOM on the 30th too! You staying at the holiday inn?

Any aspiring surgeons? I personally have a strong desire to be a General Surgeon and was wondering if i have company!

Any aspiring surgeons? I personally have a strong desire to be a General Surgeon and was wondering if i have company!

Well, I am sure that you all know by now that I am going into rural family medicine...:rolleyes: :D I have awful fine motor skills, so surgery would not be a good specialty for me. I would get sued the day I started practicing.:laugh:

Well, I am sure that you all know by now that I am going into rural family medicine...:rolleyes: :D I have awful fine motor skills, so surgery would not be a good specialty for me. I would get sued the day I started practicing.:laugh:

hehe but you will be a compassionate doctor over surgeons who might rarely take time to use their heart over their robotic nature...so hey end of the day it's imp to follow our respective goals!

hehe but you will be a compassionate doctor over surgeons who might rarely take time to use their heart over their robotic nature...so hey end of the day it's imp to follow our respective goals!

My ultimate goal is to be a Cardiovascular Surgeon. I am great with my hands! I have been an artist since I was ten, won numerous State Art Competitions throughout Texas. I have very skilled hands! oh and ladies, very gentle hands too! haha jk!

I just hope I can do well enough in school, well actually more on the COMLEX and USMLE's, but we'll see! Im gonna bust my butt off tho, thats all im gonna say now! If I can't do that I will be more than happy to do internal medicine and ER! Besides, the life of a surgeon kindda sucks, I would hate to be all work, ya know!

But my eyes are set on a surgical resindecy!!!

My ultimate goal is to be a Cardiovascular Surgeon. I am great with my hands! I have been an artist since I was ten, won numerous State Art Competitions throughout Texas. I have very skilled hands! oh and ladies, very gentle hands too! haha jk!

I just hope I can do well enough in school, well actually more on the COMLEX and USMLE's, but we'll see! Im gonna bust my butt off tho, thats all im gonna say now! If I can't do that I will be more than happy to do internal medicine and ER! Besides, the life of a surgeon kindda sucks, I would hate to be all work, ya know!

But my eyes are set on a surgical resindecy!!!

Good goal! Hmmm, OMM lab should be interesting with those hands.;)
:laugh: As for the COMLEX and the USMLEs and school, I will help you study if you need it and you will be fine. Although, I am sure you are capable of doing it on your own. We will just be one big happy DCOM studying family.:love:

Good goal! Hmmm, OMM lab should be interesting with those hands.;)
:laugh: As for the COMLEX and the USMLEs and school, I will help you study if you need it and you will be fine. Although, I am sure you are capable of doing it on your own. We will just be one big happy DCOM studying family.:love:

Thanks I appreciate it! But its a high goal, wether I can do it or not, im not sure! But you always gotta set your goals really high, cuz if you don't reach it at least you fail at the highest posible peak!

Dont know how many of you are interested in buying a house out there.....we are; with two kids and all of our stuff, it would seem impossible to get along anywhere else. Here is the contact information on an incredible real estate agent there in Harrogate/Tazewell/Middlesboro,etc area. I didnt know her previously, but we have been working with her and she is so freakin awesome. Drop her a line, I am sure she can help you with whatever you are looking for.

Glenda Day
Realty Network Inc.
[email protected]

Dont know her digits, however.....

Thanks I appreciate it! But its a high goal, wether I can do it or not, im not sure! But you always gotta set your goals really high, cuz if you don't reach it at least you fail at the highest posible peak!

I believe in you Super...........I am sure you dont call yourself Super for nothing, eh?

I'm going to DCOM on the 30th too! You staying at the holiday inn?

i havent booked anything yet. maybe we can discuss splitting the cost of the room or something. I'll IM you.

Joke, btw...:laugh:

LOL! Yea, I got it.:laugh: I am just starting to look for a house now. We are using an agent that someone I know used down there. She is supposed to contact me today for the first time, so I will let you all know how she is. (I should say "I will let y'all know".):D Got to practice my southern now!:rolleyes:

Super21: I have no doubt that if you believe in yourself, you will be able to accomplish your dream. You made is this far and you have the rest of the class behind you for support.:clap: :)

Oh, I wanted to tell you all I am getting a puppy. I know we have a lot of dog lovers in our class. I love ALL animals (especially horses) and want to have a ton of farm animals one day. We already have our English Mastiff, but I wanted a small dog too. I am getting a Cairn Terrier. She was just born on January 8 and will be ready in seven weeks. She is wheaten with black points on her face. I am so excited!!!:love: Any suggestions for names?:)

Oh, I wanted to tell you all I am getting a puppy. I know we have a lot of dog lovers in our class. I love ALL animals (especially horses) and want to have a ton of farm animals one day. We already have our English Mastiff, but I wanted a small dog too. I am getting a Cairn Terrier. She was just born on January 8 and will be ready in seven weeks. She is wheaten with black points on her face. I am so excited!!!:love: Any suggestions for names?:)

Wysiwyg! That's my cat's name.

Or how about Dee-Com?

i havent booked anything yet. maybe we can discuss splitting the cost of the room or something. I'll IM you.

That'll work, I haven't booked anything either.

Those of you that got your acceptance letters in the mail, how did they come? Was it certified mail? Was is it a thick envelope or just a normal one with a single sheet of paper? Thanks.

That'll work, I haven't booked anything either.

sounds great. i havent even started looking yet because i have PCOM-GA interview next wednesday to worry about for now.

how oft are you on aim? i noticed you werent on lastnite, im never on in the mornings ... classes/shadowing/work.

worse comes to shove, i may just live in the car and freshen up at a local McD's ... if they have one.

Damn girl, don't you already have enough to deal with! You have what... 3 or 4 kids, and don't you already have cats and dogs... wow... you sure do like to stay busy! You know, I must hand it to you.... to be married and with kids and still managed to get into med school... wow!!! Im single, no kids, no dogs or cats and still it was hard to get in... you are my hero!

Let me tell you my story when I interviewed at DCOM! Off topic but oh well! So i left San Antonio at 630am to Chicago. Next flight to Knoxville was at 10 and I would land at around 1230pm. So I figured I would have lots of time to check out the school and city the day before the interview! So when I get to Chicago, the dumba$$ United employee at the gate tells us our flight has been delayed to 11am. Then he tells me its been delayed til 2:45pm. So at 2:30 I ask him what the deal on the flight is. So he check the flight number again and tells me "oops, im sorry, that flight left at 11am!!!" HOLY ****! so im freaking out!

So i tell him, well get me on another flight, i need to be in Knoxville today, i have a med school interview in the morning! He says, "well our other two flights are completely full and there's other people on the waiting list too, so ur probably not gonna get there today! sorry, you shouldnt have missed your flight!!!" I wanted to kill him bc of him i missed the flighT! I asked him to see his supervisor and he said.."well they are just gonna tell you the same thing I am... too bad!" So I in panic start calling other airlines, and I booked with AA for a flight at 8pm to Knoxville, however, that cost me $470. YEAH, THAT SUCKED!

So after being completely bent over and gotten it hard by UNITED, I finally get to Knoxville at 11pm... I go and get my rental and the lady says..."would you like the 12 people van or the Dodge Caravan???" Now im thinking, "Bi*ch, just surprise me ok!!!" COULD THIS GET ANY WORSE!?

So I get in my awesome minivan and I get on the highway which is completely backed up due to construction. Im stuck there for about an hour. It was midnight and hadnt left Knoxville yet and my interview was in 8 hrs. I finally get to the hotel in Middlesbore at 2am. I quickly get ready for bed and keep hearing music from the next room. A party was going on! So i slept about 2 hrs and I was still the first one to get to the library. It was a trip from hell!!! Good thing I got accepted!

Total cost to interview at DCOM: $1200
Getting ACCEPTED to DCOM: Priceless!!!!

Those of you that got your acceptance letters in the mail, how did they come? Was it certified mail? Was is it a thick envelope or just a normal one with a single sheet of paper? Thanks.

It was regular mail with three pages, if that's what you're asking. So if you get three instead of one, there you go. (I'm only guessing that rejections are one page, I don't know that for certain.) Opening my letter was easily the most nerve-racking move I've made all year (12/18). It was a great Christmas present though, I must say.

What a story, Super21.

Sounds like DCOm was in the cards for you!

sounds great. i havent even started looking yet because i have PCOM-GA interview next wednesday to worry about for now.

how oft are you on aim? i noticed you werent on lastnite, im never on in the mornings ... classes/shadowing/work.

worse comes to shove, i may just live in the car and freshen up at a local McD's ... if they have one.

Hmm, I'm usually on during the day when I'm at work. I just got a laptop though so I'll be on at night a lot more. The only days when you probably won't get a hold of me are Wed nights cause I volunteer in the ER.

And really, couldn't you atleast clean up in a respectable place? Like Wendy's... :laugh:

Hmm, I'm usually on during the day when I'm at work. I just got a laptop though so I'll be on at night a lot more. The only days when you probably won't get a hold of me are Wed nights cause I volunteer in the ER.

And really, couldn't you atleast clean up in a respectable place? Like Wendy's... :laugh:

There is a Wendy's across from the Holiday Inn Express in Middlesboro... ;)

Damn girl, don't you already have enough to deal with! You have what... 3 or 4 kids, and don't you already have cats and dogs... wow... you sure do like to stay busy! You know, I must hand it to you.... to be married and with kids and still managed to get into med school... wow!!! Im single, no kids, no dogs or cats and still it was hard to get in... you are my hero!

Let me tell you my story when I interviewed at DCOM! Off topic but oh well! So i left San Antonio at 630am to Chicago. Next flight to Knoxville was at 10 and I would land at around 1230pm. So I figured I would have lots of time to check out the school and city the day before the interview! So when I get to Chicago, the dumba$$ United employee at the gate tells us our flight has been delayed to 11am. Then he tells me its been delayed til 2:45pm. So at 2:30 I ask him what the deal on the flight is. So he check the flight number again and tells me "oops, im sorry, that flight left at 11am!!!" HOLY ****! so im freaking out!

So i tell him, well get me on another flight, i need to be in Knoxville today, i have a med school interview in the morning! He says, "well our other two flights are completely full and there's other people on the waiting list too, so ur probably not gonna get there today! sorry, you shouldnt have missed your flight!!!" I wanted to kill him bc of him i missed the flighT! I asked him to see his supervisor and he said.."well they are just gonna tell you the same thing I am... too bad!" So I in panic start calling other airlines, and I booked with AA for a flight at 8pm to Knoxville, however, that cost me $470. YEAH, THAT SUCKED!

So after being completely bent over and gotten it hard by UNITED, I finally get to Knoxville at 11pm... I go and get my rental and the lady says..."would you like the 12 people van or the Dodge Caravan???" Now im thinking, "Bi*ch, just surprise me ok!!!" COULD THIS GET ANY WORSE!?

So I get in my awesome minivan and I get on the highway which is completely backed up due to construction. Im stuck there for about an hour. It was midnight and hadnt left Knoxville yet and my interview was in 8 hrs. I finally get to the hotel in Middlesbore at 2am. I quickly get ready for bed and keep hearing music from the next room. A party was going on! So i slept about 2 hrs and I was still the first one to get to the library. It was a trip from hell!!! Good thing I got accepted!

The best story I've heard yet for DCOM interviews.

i'm sure somebody's already started up a forum talking about perceived pros/cons to DeBusk's plans for rotations 3/4 year stuff...

can someone point me in the right direction?:rolleyes:

joe, have you interviewed and seen the presentation on the 3rd and 4th years?

I felt they were very organized...perhaps moreso than some of the more "well established" schools...

Most of the sites are in TN, and IIRC, 3rd year is purposely in pretty large hospitals, while 4th year is in smaller rural type hospitals.

LOL! Thanks! I NEED to be busy.:D Wow, crazy story. My husband and I drove from NY with our two youngest. We left at 4am and got into Middlesboro at 8pm. As for the letter, I received it regular mail but I only had TWO pages. :eek: This was all the way back in the beginning of October though, so you all may have gotten more info than I did. I got my call from Dr. Stowers after I got my letter which was about two-three weeks after my interview, but it was delayed because of that meeting in Vegas. I don't know if the pros and cons of the rotations have been discussed. I didn't really see any cons.:) :luck:

Wysiwyg! That's my cat's name.

Or how about Dee-Com?

Say what?!?!:confused: How do you pronounce that?!?!:laugh: I should name her something osteopathic or for the school or something like that. That's a good idea. Need to brainstorm...:idea:

Say what?!?!:confused: How do you pronounce that?!?!:laugh: I should name her something osteopathic or for the school or something like that. That's a good idea. Need to brainstorm...:idea:
Wah-Zee-Wig... What You See Is What You Get- Wysiwyg. :D

How about AT Still or OMMie? Or Stillie? or DeeCom (for DCOM)? :thumbup:

Wah-Zee-Wig... What You See Is What You Get- Wysiwyg. :D

How about AT Still or OMMie? Or Stillie? or DeeCom (for DCOM)? :thumbup:

Hmmm...it is a girl so not AT Still. OMMie is funny! :laugh: Stillie is weird. I don't like DeeCom. Maybe Ostie? Maybe just Dee? Oh wait, I had an ex that went by the name of Dee...:eek: :smuggrin: Well, I will keep thinking.:D

joe, have you interviewed and seen the presentation on the 3rd and 4th years?

I felt they were very organized...perhaps moreso than some of the more "well established" schools...

Most of the sites are in TN, and IIRC, 3rd year is purposely in pretty large hospitals, while 4th year is in smaller rural type hospitals.

it will be interesting to see how the affiliated facilities react to the inaugural class in vivo. i agree that the presentation was convincing, but i imagine it will be an exercise in trust-building for the first few years...

hopefully the firstlings will set the bar high!

Status
Not open for further replies.