• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
May 25, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Would these classes be considered BCPs? I think most of them should be, but I'm not positive about all of them.

1. Human Brain & Disease-we learned about brain disorders, neurophysiology, and neuroanatomy
2. Neurobiology
3. Psychobiology-technically a psychology-department class, but we learned a lot about neurological pathways, neurotransmitters, neuroanatomy, etc
4. Cognitive Neuroscience-technically a psychology-department class, but we learned about neural mechanisms, neuroscientific foundations of attention, memory, language, and relationship of mind to brain
5. Behavioral Genetics & Epigenetics-technically a psychology-department class, but intensely biology and genetics-based
6. Physiological Psychology-technically a psychology-department class, but we learned a lot about neurophysiology and neuroanatomy, and had a weekly lab where we dissected sheep brains
7. Physiology of Fitness- technically a kinesiology class, but basic course discussing physiological changes that occur during exercise

Thank you for your help!

workaholic181

2+ Year Member
May 29, 2017
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Would these classes be considered BCPs? I think most of them should be, but I'm not positive about all of them.

1. Human Brain & Disease-we learned about brain disorders, neurophysiology, and neuroanatomy
2. Neurobiology
3. Psychobiology-technically a psychology-department class, but we learned a lot about neurological pathways, neurotransmitters, neuroanatomy, etc
4. Cognitive Neuroscience-technically a psychology-department class, but we learned about neural mechanisms, neuroscientific foundations of attention, memory, language, and relationship of mind to brain
5. Behavioral Genetics & Epigenetics-technically a psychology-department class, but intensely biology and genetics-based
6. Physiological Psychology-technically a psychology-department class, but we learned a lot about neurophysiology and neuroanatomy, and had a weekly lab where we dissected sheep brains
7. Physiology of Fitness- technically a kinesiology class, but basic course discussing physiological changes that occur during exercise

Thank you for your help!
Unfortunately I think if they are technically under the Psychology or Kinesiology department they probably wont count as BCP. I could be wrong though! You gotta list them either way so just hope for the best I guess. I think #1, #2, #3, will definitely count at least.

rayeray

2+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental, Pre-Medical
From What i understand, Kinesiology courses count in your science GPA. So if #7 is under the KINE courses, it counts.

About the Ads