Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along WW Blog - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just wondering how a less than 3 line paragraph counts as over the top? I mean, I suck at being a super participator in WW. I am trying to fix that by coming forward on the thread and offering thoughts as to who I find sketchy and why. If that gets me lynched, then that really sucks.

It's not the length that matters, but rather the content.

Members don't see this ad.

Also was weirded out by the immediate, knee jerk "omg I'm a nilla wafer" from LoTF...but willing to give a true fan a little time to play before lynching

She didn't have any sort of reactionary language like "omg" to suggest she was escalating, so it's a little odd for you to try and make it sound that way.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Have to admit, you voting for LotF raised eyebrows for me as well. Yes, you pointed out the inconsistency first, but why wait this long to vote?
So firstly I was waiting to hear what others thought of my comment regarding LotF because I know there's a possibilty of me reading too much into it, secondly I was giving some time for LotF to respond, thirdly I voted when I did because I was about to get on a boat and I wanted to put my vote out there before we left.

Hm. I didn't read SAR's comment as over-the-top, but that said, Caia and Pippy both usually have pretty decent reads. Tempted to switch, but fighting with the fact that I didn't find SAR's comment to be terribly out of spec.

Fo sho. Nothing to make me change my lynch vote, though.

I'm not really trying to defend myself because your vote for me is baseless. Its not really pressure when I know that you are doing it just to put pressure on me.

I get it. I'm the new kid. You're trying to get a read on me.
Lynching me D1 is a terrible way to do that. You have to keep me around to see how I play. Its in your best interest to read me now, in a relatively uncomplicated game because woohoohoo good luck reading me and keeping up with STL's game at the same time.

So firstly I was waiting to hear what others thought of my comment regarding LotF because I know there's a possibilty of me reading too much into it, secondly I was giving some time for LotF to respond, thirdly I voted when I did because I was about to get on a boat and I wanted to put my vote out there before we left.
First point I agree with, second is a little iffy given the length of time between question and vote, third (specifically waiting until the personal last minute to vote) is a plausible difference in playstyle between the two of us. You get a pass for now.

Have you played in a game before?

First point I agree with, second is a little iffy given the length of time between question and vote, third (specifically waiting until the personal last minute to vote) is a plausible difference in playstyle between the two of us. You get a pass for now.

Did I wait too long or too little time? Yes this is my third game, I played in the Qque hora Es game and the How to get away with murder game.

Hm. I didn't read SAR's comment as over-the-top, but that said, Caia and Pippy both usually have pretty decent reads.

Unless I'm reading you, at which point my reads are ****, as you so recently pointed out lol

It was the wording of how she described me. I got a weird pocket attempt vibe given she's tried to kill me early when she's been a wolf (which she has admitted to) and I get the sense she's trying to reverse that. Could be to prove village, could be to try something new as a wolf to not get caught; I don't know.

Although last time you complimented my reads you were lupine. So... o_O

Lynching me D1 is a terrible way to do that. You have to keep me around to see how I play. Its in your best interest to read me now, in a relatively uncomplicated game because woohoohoo good luck reading me and keeping up with STL's game at the same time.
LOL you're almost as arrogant as I am. I like this recent crop of noobs.

Bjeh has played before, yes. I got a vaguely village read off the first post, however moved to neutral since then

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not really trying to defend myself because your vote for me is baseless. Its not really pressure when I know that you are doing it just to put pressure on me.

I get it. I'm the new kid. You're trying to get a read on me.
Well, if the game is too complex to be able to read and react to people, then it isn't worth a damn to play, now is it? Since the whole point of ww is to read and react to people, kinda a big poker game...

Not saying that stl's game isn't going to be that way. I'm still sour after the incredibles game and thus not horribly sad that im missing it, but I give him enough credit to have a complex game that still has the essence of ww...

I also am very displeased with the trend away from PMs. Much can be gained by wolf and villager alike thru naturally occurring PMs that mod controlling and uber limiting them takes away from... I like my cliques and behind the scene moves and have caught more wolves thru them than anything else (often being privy to other people's results and capturing lying wolves) as well as pulled the wolf in sheeps clothing too

Reactions: 1 users
#modbandonment

Unofficial Day 1 A Murder Would Be Nice of Course Lynch Tally

Zen (1) - Finn
LoTF (4) - zen, Coquette, bjeh, SAR
FS () -
Mel the axolotl (2) - LIS, shelter
Dubz () -
Pippy (2) - ny, genny
SAR (2) - pippy, caia
LIS (1) - hmoo
STL (2) - AM, rojo
bjeh (1) - FS
hmoo (1) - dds
shelter (1) - Mel
kcough (1) - weim
genny (1) - stl

19/24 voting

@LadyOtheFarm you are in the lead

Lynch Deadline ~ 45 minutes

@thedrjojo I'm saying its going to be hard keeping up with his game and trying to read a NEW player. At least with the veterans, you all have a baseline after playing with them. With me you have no baseline. Trying to establish one is harder the more intricate the game mechanics are.

@thedrjojo I'm saying its going to be hard keeping up with his game and trying to read a NEW player. At least with the veterans, you all have a baseline after playing with them. With me you have no baseline. Trying to establish one is harder the more intricate the game mechanics are.
Ehhh I'm gonna call BS on this, though. Sketch is sketch

Reactions: 2 users
What modbandonment are you speaking of? There's been like no action for mod to be here that is see?

Omg I thought the deadline was at 9:00 :hilarious:#sorrymods

Day 1 A Murder Would Be Nice of Course Lynch Tally

Zen (1) - Finn
LoTF (4) - zen, Coquette, bjeh, sar
FS () -
Dubz () -
Pippy (2) - ny, genny
SAR (2) - pippy, caia
LIS (1) - hmoo
STL (2) - AM, rojo
bjeh (1) - FS
hmoo (1) - dds
shelter (1) - Mel
kcough (1) - weim
genny (1) - stl

19/24 voting

LadyOtheFarm you are in the lead

Not voting: WildZoo, kcoughli, nohika, Mad Jack, LoTF

Lynch Deadline 10 pm EDT (~40 mins)

Start getting night actions in. Your mods will love you if you get them in early

Did I wait too long or too little time? Yes this is my third game, I played in the Qque hora Es game and the How to get away with murder game.
Actually, I take it back. That's what I get for starting with feels instead of a full analysis.

Normally, I'd say you waited too long. You were on in between, and going from not posting much to voting for LotF when other people are pushing the lynch read to me like a wolf casting suspicion early on and waiting to see if it stuck. However, I just checked LotF's posts, and she didn't really defend until after your vote provoked her into retaliatory lynching. That makes me feel better about your defense that you were waiting on LotF to respond. So, yeah, I think you're OK right now. Maybe just speak up a little more next time.

Even with a baseline players can be hard to read.

Veterans can be quick to judge noobs, but also are testing for wolfy behavior they've seen many times before.

I'd actually argue that if anything, it becomes harder to read a lot of people once you know them, because most of the people playing this game are smart cookies -- they're going to try to emulate their village selves and can wiggle their way out of sticky situations

I also am very displeased with the trend away from PMs. Much can be gained by wolf and villager alike thru naturally occurring PMs that mod controlling and uber limiting them takes away from... I like my cliques and behind the scene moves and have caught more wolves thru them than anything else (often being privy to other people's results and capturing lying wolves) as well as pulled the wolf in sheeps clothing too

Preach!

If someone could give me a quick rundown of the day's events/reasoning for the lynchings I would love you forever. Not able to fully catch up just yet.
Lis is putting pressure on cheese dick (too mean of a nickname?) which others joined, but so far he isn't getting all excited about it :naughty:

LoTF who apparently loves the topic got a few early votes, claimed vanilla which people took as early and sketch

I think pippy stood up for LoTF which people (sar) thought was sketch and voted for her

People voted for Sar who thought her thinking pippy was sketch was sketch

And I always vote for Stl...

I think that's where we stand

Reactions: 4 users
Lis is putting pressure on cheese dick (too mean of a nickname?) which others joined, but so far he isn't getting all excited about it :naughty:

LoTF who apparently loves the topic got a few early votes, claimed vanilla which people took as early and sketch

I think pippy stood up for LoTF which people (sar) thought was sketch and voted for her

Cool story, bro

Actually, idk if the Sar vote thing is correct

Lis is putting pressure on cheese dick (too mean of a nickname?)

I mean....no. If you sound it out and add some extra letters it sounds liked melted cheese dick

Reactions: 3 users
Lis is putting pressure on cheese dick (too mean of a nickname?)
I mean....no. If you sound it out and add some extra letters it sounds liked melted cheese dick
Definitely not too mean of a nickname since zhe wanted more creative than Mel or Mel's Dick :p (though I may be a bit biased on the nickname...)
could be (Mel's) cheese dick too, if you're looking for one from your username ;)

Based on her finding the videos, maybe LoTF is. But I am totally a SuperFan. To the point where Felicia Day may have been invited to go on vacation with a friend of mine. But that's a story for when I've had more than a few beers.
Yeah I'm gonna need this story sometime...
I agree with LIS and found this comment a bit weird. Melchizedek, is this your first game? I also have a strong dislike for this username, as I need to copy and paste it instead of attempt to type it out just to butcher it. Probably gonna shorten it to Mel.
Okay but when did LIS say anything about cheese dick making a weird comment?

Ah, that's the reason your name jumped out of the list. Will keep it on for now because I don't like that you role revealed that quickly, and I haven't seen anything much stronger (liking Mel's personality so far).
Role revealed? Did I miss something?

I'm gonna lynch kcoughli because we haven't heard from her today...
Hi! Been busy stitching up naughty monkeys all day, first chance I've had to catch up :) And no that's not a euphemism

It's not the length that matters, but rather the content.
That's what he said

Well, if the game is too complex to be able to read and react to people, then it isn't worth a damn to play, now is it? Since the whole point of ww is to read and react to people, kinda a big poker game...

Not saying that stl's game isn't going to be that way. I'm still sour after the incredibles game and thus not horribly sad that im missing it, but I give him enough credit to have a complex game that still has the essence of ww...

Literally just quoted this to commiserate about that game. That game...

Okay from my very quick read through I'm not feeling the LotF vote, nor the Pipsqueak ones. I think I'm going to go with a

Lynch sheltermed

Per weird comment earlier unless I just missed something in my skimming. Could also go for a Zen vote.

For the moment gonna lynch SAR

Oh and if no one has mentioned it yet, I'd expect that PBC's influence on this game probably led to some interesting design elements - she likes chaos, and she really likes faction type games.

Okay but when did LIS say anything about cheese dick making a weird comment?

He didn't. I had 2 reasons to vote for cheese dick -- 1 was my agreement with LIS to hear out the playing style, the 2nd was my weird feeling from cheese dick's comment on asking all wolves to raise their hands. Separate things~

I'm a little uncomfortable constantly typing out "cheese dick"

Reactions: 9 users
I'd just like to take a moment to thank you all for helping make the Cheese Dick nickname stick. you may now carry on with your scheduled programming.

Day 1 A Murder Would Be Nice of Course Lynch Tally

Zen (1) - Finn
LoTF (4) - zen, Coquette, bjeh, sar
FS () -
Dubz () -
Pippy (2) - ny, genny
SAR (3) - pippy, caia, dubz
LIS (1) - hmoo
STL (2) - AM, rojo
bjeh (1) - FS
hmoo (1) - dds
shelter (2) - Mel, kcough
kcough (1) - weim
genny (1) - stl

21/24 voting

LadyOtheFarm you are in the lead

Not voting: nohika, Mad Jack, LoTF

Lynch Deadline 10 pm EDT (~15 mins)

Start getting night actions in. Your mods will love you if you get them in early

He didn't. I had 2 reasons to vote for cheese dick -- 1 was my agreement with LIS to hear out the playing style, the 2nd was my weird feeling from cheese dick's comment on asking all wolves to raise their hands. Separate things~
I'll buy that for now. It makes sense in context but it sure as heck didn't when reading it earlier.

Unlynch sheltermed
Lynch SAR

@Melchizedek so glad he/she/axolotl decided to play these games rn

Not a fan of cheese dick, but like I said, I am a firm believer in letting the community nickname me regardless of my input haha

Last edited:
Is that what you wanted to say, though?

Nope sorry, freaking cat decided that its now acceptable for me to show her affection and jumped on my keyboard. Alas, no major edits (unless @Karabiner13 would let me?)