Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine at RFU of Medicine and Science (SCPM) Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got my acceptance a week ago and I never received a deadline to pay the deposit. A few current students are saying its 2 weeks, where can i see that information? And is it possible to extend the deposit deadline till like end of December, as I would like to finish all my interviews before making any decisions?

Members don't see this ad.

I got my acceptance a week ago and I never received a deadline to pay the deposit. A few current students are saying its 2 weeks, where can i see that information? And is it possible to extend the deposit deadline till like end of December, as I would like to finish all my interviews before making any decisions?

Possible to extend.

Just reply to the same email and ask.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you guys know how long it takes Scholl to make a decision on your application after completing their checklist?

Members don't see this ad :)
How long before they reached out for an interview?
Applied to schools August 6th, did not schedule until around beginning of September (about a month for them to send me an invite). Interviewed September 25th. Was accepted October 2nd.

Accepted today, interviewed on 10/19

Reactions: 1 users
Interview 11/9 and accepted on 11/13! With 7.5K scholarship! I am most likely going to rescind my acceptance to Kent for Scholl

Have been accepted to Scholl for a minute, had just been waiting on my deferment to get approved by the dean. Officially a member of the class of 2026 there!

Reactions: 3 users
How hard was it to get a deferred admission?

How hard was it to get a deferred admission?
For my situation, not hard. I asked this question during my interview, and was told that they offer few deferments based on the reason why. For my situation, I am required to complete training for the Army first, which would interfere with my start date in August 2021, so they allowed me to defer to the August 2022 start date (Pretty sure its unlawful to terminate enrollment or employment status if military service is required of an individual, but do not quote me on that).

However, the amount of time that this process has taken has been awhile. You first have to fill out a form and explain why you need the deferment. It then goes to a committee, then to the dean, both of whom have to approve it.

My admissions counselor has told me that it has been approved on both ends, but I am still awaiting the official documentation (this has been going on for about a month and a half now).

Depending on your reasoning why you need is probably the biggest factor that they take in to account. Definitely get on it sooner rather than later, because like I said, it has been quite a drawn out process. Another unfortunate part is that I can't live in the campus apartment until I actually get enrolled in classes there, so I need to find a place to live in the general area for about a year. (RIP lol)

My application is ready, however, I do not yet have a letter from the podiatrist I shadowed. He's been sick with COVID and I haven't yet asked for the letter. Is there anyway I can submit my application without the letter and add it in later when he writes it and uploads to interfolio?

My application is ready, however, I do not yet have a letter from the podiatrist I shadowed. He's been sick with COVID and I haven't yet asked for the letter. Is there anyway I can submit my application without the letter and add it in later when he writes it and uploads to interfolio?
Yes. As long as he has the "link" or whatever it is when you send a LOR request through AACPMAS, he will be able to submit it at any time. I received an interview as well as an acceptance while my DPM was writing my LOR.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. As long as he has the "link" or whatever it is when you send a LOR request through AACPMAS, he will be able to submit it at any time. I received an interview as well as an acceptance while my DPM was writing my LOR.
thank you for the quick and helpful reply

Interviewed 11/13, accepted 11/20 will be attending class of 2025!

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 11/13, accepted 11/20 will be attending class of 2025!
Congrats on your acceptance. We had some fairly similar stats although I did not do SMP. Although I will be a year behind you once I start there, I am looking forward to working with you at Scholl!

• Care
Congrats on your acceptance. We had some fairly similar stats although I did not do SMP. Although I will be a year behind you once I start there, I am looking forward to working with you at Scholl!
Thanks for the kind words AJ! I read you originally wanted to attend Barry but some technicalities with the Army made you switch over to Scholl. I also wanted to go to Barry as well but I just couldn't justify the extra cost of living for myself. So something else we sort've have in common 😅. But congrats to you as well and I'll do everything I can to help with the year of experience I'll have by the time you begin at Scholl!

Withdrawing my acceptance here and going to a DO school closer to home. I hope my spot goes to one of you guys. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted with a 10K scholarship.
Are renewable scholarships also offered at Scholl? I haven't encountered one regarding Scholl on this forum.
cGPA: 3.801; sGPA: 3.62; MCAT score was waived amid the pandemic.
Interviewed at 6 schools; accepted to 6 schools.
I'm putting down my deposit for Scholl soon.
At Scholl you reapply every year for scholarship

I applied Jan 12. Today I received a rejection without an interview. I have a 3.4cgpa along with a 3.28sgpa. My MCAT is a 497. Honestly at a loss of words because I thought I would at least receive an interview. What happened?

• Hmm
As I'm making plans for breaks next year I realized I wasn't sure exactly how a quarter system works. At Scholl do all first years take Fall/Winter/Spring/Summer quarters with roughly a week break in between each and 2 weeks for winter break? Most med students from other schools I know had ~2 months off for summer so I was unsure if first years take classes during this first summer quarter or it can be used for time to "relax" or research. Any help is appreciated!

As I'm making plans for breaks next year I realized I wasn't sure exactly how a quarter system works. At Scholl do all first years take Fall/Winter/Spring/Summer quarters with roughly a week break in between each and 2 weeks for winter break? Most med students from other schools I know had ~2 months off for summer so I was unsure if first years take classes during this first summer quarter or it can be used for time to "relax" or research. Any help is appreciated!

Your 'real' break will the summer after the first year—otherwise, a week to two off between holidays.

Scholl has a 3 week break end of May beginning of June UNLESS you apply for and are accepted to their summer research program funded by the NIH. If you do this program then you will be taking Biomechanics during that time. If you aren't doing the research program you would have a break end of May until beginning of June then you will take biomechanics for June, July, and a week or two of August. Even if you are not in the NIH funded program you can do research during the biomechanics class through different avenues.

The other part about the one week breaks is true HOWEVER, the schedule got modified some this year because of quarantine regulations around COVID.

Too late to apply? Planning to apply by March 1st.

No, the deadline is June 30th. If you are only planning on applying to Scholl, I suggest emailing the admissions office first and asking about seat availability before submitting an app. Your stats are fine though, GL.

Did anyone receive any info about a drug test along with their background check?

Did anyone receive any info about a drug test along with their background check?
Yeah I got an message in my student email account with information to make a castlebranch account.

It also was sent to the email I originally used to create my application, but it was under my promotions tab instead of main mail.

Yea it just randomly appeared on RFU Connect but I assume were notified much later via email.
where was it in the RFU connect portal? I signed up for the castlebranch background check but it didn't mention any info about a drug test

I recently had scholl put my application on hold until I finish the rest of my pre reqs in the summer. Has anyone had this happen to them?

I have an up coming interview. Can someone give me some pointers.

where was it in the RFU connect portal? I signed up for the castlebranch background check but it didn't mention any info about a drug test
My fault just saw this now.

I was referring to the Background check showing up randomly. If I am not mistaken, in the immunization forms from the school, it calls for a full physical which includes a drug test from your PCP.

I have an up coming interview. Can someone give me some pointers.
Just be yourself and be honest. Prepare to answer any red flags/inconsistencies on your application because anything you submit is fair game; even the supplementary questions.

Just be yourself and be honest. Prepare to answer any red flags/inconsistencies on your application because anything you submit is fair game; even the supplementary questions.
Thank you. How long is the interview? Is it one on one or group interview?

Thank you. How long is the interview? Is it one on one or group interview?
For me it was two professors from the faculty. Its technically ~30 min interview but we went on to converse for like ~45 mins lol

I applied Jan 12. Today I received a rejection without an interview. I have a 3.4cgpa along with a 3.28sgpa. My MCAT is a 497. Honestly at a loss of words because I thought I would at least receive an interview. What happened?
Hi, did you reach out and ask why they didn’t interview you?