New York College of Podiatric Medicine (NYCPM) Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How would you schedule an advising appointment? wesbsite?
I think your stats are fine, do schedule an appointment for advising it can never hurt but might help you tremendously. When I was in your shoes I emailed the advisor (Rekha) all my unofficial transcripts and resume and asked for an appointment to go over my stats/chances. Found it very helpful... I just feel the Jan start can be very nice especially now it might be virtual

phone number?

Members don't see this ad.

phone number?

You can either request virtual advising session through Inquiry Form : New York College of Podiatric Medicine (I would do this first) or email the advisors directly (this might take longer since they're probably super busy now)

Rekha Kurikoti: [email protected]
Shakir Hancock-Patterson: [email protected]

This is from the website:
Applicants are welcome to contact the Office of Admissions and Enrollment Management with any questions at 800.526.6966/212.410.8032 or via e-mail at [email protected].

NOTE
Unofficial copies of supporting documents (e.g., transcripts, MCAT scores, recommendations) may be submitted in hard copy or electronically (e-mail or FAX) for initial consultation; however, all must subsequently be replaced by official hard copy documents.

I think you are fine! I had higher gpa’s (cgpa 3.46 and sgpa 3.28) but same MCAT and was accepted today with scholarship! However, I didn’t apply to Jan class.
Bless you! Fingers crossed now, literally just waiting for my transcripts :/

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

phone number?

go.nycpm.Edu
It’s like a “personalized website” and under the visit us tab is the ability to schedule an appt.

Reactions: 1 user
I think your stats are fine, do schedule an appointment for advising it can never hurt but might help you tremendously. When I was in your shoes I emailed the advisor (Rekha) all my unofficial transcripts and resume and asked for an appointment to go over my stats/chances. Found it very helpful... I just feel the Jan start can be very nice especially now it might be virtual
Thanks guys! She replied to me back literally last night and said there were spots open, phew! So I’m just fixing my transcript issue hopefully in the next week and sending this in ASAPPP!!!

I think you are fine! I had higher gpa’s (cgpa 3.46 and sgpa 3.28) but same MCAT and was accepted today with scholarship! However, I didn’t apply to Jan class.
Congrats, btw on the acceptance, fall at NY?

They’re very vague about the number of seats, just say 20-30, and if I ask how many available seats are left they almost always ignore it. Also could you take a look at my stats, I’m really lost as to if I’m at a chance for an interview even if I apply now? Not sure if October is late in the cycle? And FYI, I’m applying to all 9 schools.
Don't worry about number of seats and how many are left. You should apply if you want to start in Jan any time before the deadline. There won't be "too late to apply" with Jan program, I can promise you that. And yes, you can apply/defer to Sep start later if you want. These things are generally case to case basis.

Put down my deposit to start in January!

Don't worry about number of seats and how many are left. You should apply if you want to start in Jan any time before the deadline. There won't be "too late to apply" with Jan program, I can promise you that. And yes, you can apply/defer to Sep start later if you want. These things are generally case to case basis.

Thanks so much! I hope things go well, and I can actually start in January. Gonna make an appointment for next week with advisement and see what they have to say

Anyone that's starting in January looking for a roommate?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats a bummer.:uhno:
Better than 70 though! Also remember you’ll have few courses in year 2 which fall under the clinical sciences department and attendance is 50% for that!

honestly, I’ve been trying to contact using their personal emails and the general Enrollement email, and no ones has been getting back to me. Same with the phone :/ might be busy time right now, but I’m going totry to schedule an advisement appt on the website. I’ve learned about deferment through the forums here, and which is why I’m throwing my stars around to get an idea from Accepted student. I appreciate all of your help guys!

Were you able to get in touch with enrollment? I emailed Lisa Lee and she got back to me really quickly. I also called Ashely Adcock directly.

Were you able to get in touch with enrollment? I emailed Lisa Lee and she got back to me really quickly. I also called Ashely Adcock directly.
Ya I got in contact with Rekha, submitted my app, so fingers crossed.

Just got invited for an interview!! Please send me your tips and advice my way!!!

When is the best time to apply for the fall admission? What about for the January admission?

Accepted to NYCPM for fall 2021, if anyone is looking for a roommate pm me!

Reactions: 2 users
Question for upperclassmen, can we use our own ipad instead of the one provided by the school?

Question for upperclassmen, can we use our own ipad instead of the one provided by the school?
As Dexter said, you have to use the one they give to take exams and that's it. And you can use a personal device for any other purpose besides taking exams.

There is an upcoming Open-House at NYCPM on Jan 21st, at 4 PM. See below for more info and registration-

"Agenda:
-Introduction to Podiatric Medicine Presentation
-Breakout Session with NYCPM Alumni
-Student Life Panel
-NYCPM Advantages Presentation
-Access to live lectures at the NY Podiatric Clinical Conference
Don't miss out on this huge informative session and networking opportunity!

When: Thursday, January 21st @ 4 pm EST"

Register: Inquiry Form : New York College of Podiatric Medicine
(Once you complete the form, go to the "Visit Us" on that website to register for our Open House)

how long does it take to hear back for an interview invite after apps are submitted?

I got accepted into NYCPM in January (yay!), but just got my MCAT score 2 weeks ago and only got the score verified on AACPMAS yesterday. Is there any chance of getting a scholarship at this point since my app process is so out of order? I got a 508 mcat with a 3.4 cGPA and 3.0 sGPA if that helps.

I got accepted into NYCPM in January (yay!), but just got my MCAT score 2 weeks ago and only got the score verified on AACPMAS yesterday. Is there any chance of getting a scholarship at this point since my app process is so out of order? I got a 508 mcat with a 3.4 cGPA and 3.0 sGPA if that helps.

You should def get some $$$; tell them your MCAT score and ask if you are eligible for any.

Did anyone recently get a scholarship from NYCPM? Due to COVID, the programs do not offer the usual amount, but I'm sure those with good stats will still get some love.

You should def get some $$$; tell them your MCAT score and ask if you are eligible for any.

Did anyone recently get a scholarship from NYCPM? Due to COVID, the programs do not offer the usual amount, but I'm sure those with good stats will still get some love.

why did covid affect the amount of scholarships offered?

why did covid affect the amount of scholarships offered?
I'd assume its because the school has to pay for extra things like cleaning materials and other covid related expenses, so might have less money to distribute? Honestly not sure. I ended up putting down the deposit for NYCPM today so I'm excited to start in the Fall!

I'd assume its because the school has to pay for extra things like cleaning materials and other covid related expenses, so might have less money to distribute? Honestly not sure. I ended up putting down the deposit for NYCPM today so I'm excited to start in the Fall!
Congrats!!! How long did it take for NYCPM to get back to you after interviews?

If this is the school you want and you are a supremely competitive applicant tell them how much these other schools offered you. Worth a shot.

Last edited:
Accepted to NYCPM for Fall 2021!
Congrats! What are your stats?
I’m taking a few more classes to boost my GPA, going to send them my
Midterm grades soon. You think they still have seats available?

Congrats! What are your stats?
I’m taking a few more classes to boost my GPA, going to send them my
Midterm grades soon. You think they still have seats available?

Thanks!
I'm sure there are still seats available at least for NYCPM. But you should apply as soon as possible. For my stats, you can PM me.

Thanks!
I'm sure there are still seats available at least for NYCPM. But you should apply as soon as possible. For my stats, you can PM me.
I sent an application, just taking some classes rn for a GPA boost, which is why I ask.

Jus accepted today!!! Is there a FB group or anything we can join? If anyone needs a roomie lmk :)