You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
DRoP the WW sign ups and game thread
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I looked at his posts. Helpful but nothing too involved.But if he genuinely won't be around today to monitor/defend, and has his hold chat to confirm it, I'm fine to Unlynch SOV for today.
Lynch RM instead.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Is that referring to sobsob or RM?I looked at his posts. Helpful but nothing too involved.
RezmikeIs that referring to sobsob or RM?
I have SoV lower due to his being blocked N1. Definitely still a concern, but making conversation in the mean time.
Right now I am considering a lynch vote for RM. I don't have anything solid to go off of, but would like to hear a defense to get a better feel. His post about lynching STL being a bad idea is the only post that stood out for me. At first the wording had me marking him as a villager, but in going back and reading it again I realized that I couldn't take anything from it.
I am also harbouring some suspicions about Kam, but I am not totally convinced those feelings aren't just residual feels from the Peter Pan game. Need to look through her posts
I am also harbouring some suspicions about Kam, but I am not totally convinced those feelings aren't just residual feels from the Peter Pan game. Need to look through her posts
Something isn't adding up to me about the tithes. If we follow the most recent theory (I think?) someone in your hold will get your ability when you tithe. So they will know what your ability is, and tithing is almost like a random role-reveal. That seems pretty handy for a wolf within a hold, and slightly dangerous for everyone else.
I have SoV lower due to his being blocked N1. Definitely still a concern, but making conversation in the mean time.
Except that I am reasonably sure he was blocked by a villager blocker based on other info.
The other type of role often given late additions is chaos. And I hate chaos.
***lynch hmoo***
I read that message as going TO Gwen.
That theory is most likely incorrect.Something isn't adding up to me about the tithes. If we follow the most recent theory (I think?) someone in your hold will get your ability when you tithe. So they will know what your ability is, and tithing is almost like a random role-reveal. That seems pretty handy for a wolf within a hold, and slightly dangerous for everyone else.
Lynch sobsob
Anyone want to give me the short version of convo from today? I doubt I'll be able to get on again today before lynch close.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also apparently last night had an "uncomfortable conversation" with someone. This person finally left me alone when they figured out my role.
Was anyone killed N1?
(Yes, I am too lazy to go find the write up)
There was a failed attempt on guis N1Was anyone killed N1?
It's handy dandily referenced on the first page. 😉(Yes, I am too lazy to go find the write up)
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I doubt that is how it works for a few reasons. It would be like having a constant source of ability seering, especially once the holds get smaller. Plus it would almost defeat the purpose of being able to privately decline tithing.Something isn't adding up to me about the tithes. If we follow the most recent theory (I think?) someone in your hold will get your ability when you tithe. So they will know what your ability is, and tithing is almost like a random role-reveal. That seems pretty handy for a wolf within a hold, and slightly dangerous for everyone else.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Rereading RM's posts, came to the same conclusion lupin did. Lots of helpful stuff as far as the source material goes but not much as far as the game goes (the basic WW analysis and all that). Some of the things he posted could easily have been posted by the NPC's since they weren't really strategy related. Doesn't make him a wolf but there's not much to shout villager there either.
Right now I am considering a lynch vote for RM. I don't have anything solid to go off of, but would like to hear a defense to get a better feel. His post about lynching STL being a bad idea is the only post that stood out for me. At first the wording had me marking him as a villager, but in going back and reading it again I realized that I couldn't take anything from it.
I am also harbouring some suspicions about Kam, but I am not totally convinced those feelings aren't just residual feels from the Peter Pan game. Need to look through her posts
I get that there are times in games to lynch what we don't understand just to see what happens. I didn't think this was that time and definitely not for the logic that was put forward.
If STL's role is related to the white dragon, lynching him is probably a bad idea. Lacking any information at all, lynching him when he is silent (not normal) just to see what happens is also probably a bad idea. If someone gets some intel supporting a lynch, go for it. Now just wasn't the time.
The point of Dyachai's last game was to think about what we are doing. Yesterday's witch trial was a pretty good example of sheeple running the asylum. One person says, "I think so and so is a wolf." Without even a shred of anecdotal support everyone jumped on. When they were called on it, they all jumped on someone else to the detriment of the village.
ResoluteMike tithed the first night and has been communicative in the Hold PMs.
I don't think that his tithe was rescinded. That seems like village behavior to me. I'm betting that tithing a wolf ability would out the wolf, if tithes stay within the same hold, or at least limit their effectiveness in a way that wolves would not want to do.
I would think that a reluctance to tithe might indicate wolfiness. It isn't specific, though, because someone could also refrain from tithing out of the belief that their ability could be better deployed by them directly, or out of a fear of tithes going to a bad guy. But I think that the cons of tithing outweigh the pros for wolves.
That doesn't mean that he hasn't been converted since, if there is conversion/chaos whatevs. I am very paranoid about that possibility, and so trust no one. =)
I don't think that his tithe was rescinded. That seems like village behavior to me. I'm betting that tithing a wolf ability would out the wolf, if tithes stay within the same hold, or at least limit their effectiveness in a way that wolves would not want to do.
I would think that a reluctance to tithe might indicate wolfiness. It isn't specific, though, because someone could also refrain from tithing out of the belief that their ability could be better deployed by them directly, or out of a fear of tithes going to a bad guy. But I think that the cons of tithing outweigh the pros for wolves.
That doesn't mean that he hasn't been converted since, if there is conversion/chaos whatevs. I am very paranoid about that possibility, and so trust no one. =)
I get that there are times in games to lynch what we don't understand just to see what happens. I didn't think this was that time and definitely not for the logic that was put forward.
If STL's role is related to the white dragon, lynching him is probably a bad idea. Lacking any information at all, lynching him when he is silent (not normal) just to see what happens is also probably a bad idea. If someone gets some intel supporting a lynch, go for it. Now just wasn't the time.
The point of Dyachai's last game was to think about what we are doing. Yesterday's witch trial was a pretty good example of sheeple running the asylum. One person says, "I think so and so is a wolf." Without even a shred of anecdotal support everyone jumped on. When they were called on it, they all jumped on someone else to the detriment of the village.
To clarify - I wasn't lynching him because he was silent <only>. I was lynching him because of SOV's theory that he wasn't "in the game" yet. If that's correct, the lynch should/would have failed miserably with some interesting mod write-up.
I had a reason for proposing it. Not just "Oh, STL is quiet, let's lynch him," which is kinda how you're portraying it.
That doesn't mean that he hasn't been converted since, if there is conversion/chaos whatevs. I am very paranoid about that possibility, and so trust no one. =)
Very good point, and one that made me realize something.
If dragons die if their rider dies, and riders are weakened if their dragon dies it would make them a bad target for conversion. eg) if you converted a dragon and then their rider got lynched, the wolf would die. It makes the wolves far more vulnerable.
On the other hand, maybe the tie between them breaks during conversion?
I was blocked last night...gotta think on who to lynch
Officialish Lynch Tally
SOV 3 (MJ, Hmoo, LIS)
Hmoo 1 (LotF)
Kam 1 (SOV)
RM 1 (Kam)
6/23 reporting - Deadline in five hours! (9PM CST/10PM EST)
SOV 3 (MJ, Hmoo, LIS)
Hmoo 1 (LotF)
Kam 1 (SOV)
RM 1 (Kam)
6/23 reporting - Deadline in five hours! (9PM CST/10PM EST)
To clarify - I wasn't lynching him because he was silent <only>. I was lynching him because of SOV's theory that he wasn't "in the game" yet. If that's correct, the lynch should/would have failed miserably with some interesting mod write-up.
I had a reason for proposing it. Not just "Oh, STL is quiet, let's lynch him," which is kinda how you're portraying it.
I am suffering from a severe case of post organic chemistry exam and moderately out of sorts, so please forgive me if I came across the wrong way.
You were going for reasoned action and willing to discuss and consider things. I tried to help and shed some light that the reason being proposed might not be the best course of action.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Changing the subject for a moment. Has anyone who has tithed seen any evidence that their ability was actually used?
Changing the subject for a moment. Has anyone who has tithed seen any evidence that their ability was actually used?
I have refused to tithe (and plan to continue refusing, even if that appears wolfy to some people....), but in our hold it doesn't sound like anyone's seen any evidence of it being used. At least, that they've admitted.
Lynch SOV
I was having some feelings yesterday and also noticed he was blocked night 1 plus no kill, yes there could be a bunch of other reasons for no kill, I'm aware. And yes, I do realize there was a failed attack too. I still have underlying feelings about something with SOV.
And, back to work for me.
I was having some feelings yesterday and also noticed he was blocked night 1 plus no kill, yes there could be a bunch of other reasons for no kill, I'm aware. And yes, I do realize there was a failed attack too. I still have underlying feelings about something with SOV.
And, back to work for me.
Lynch SOV
Officialish Lynch Tally
SOV 5 (MJ, Hmoo, LIS, DVMD, Vethed)
Hmoo 1 (LotF)
Kam 1 (SOV)
RM 1 (Kam)
8/23 reporting - Deadline in <4hrs! (9PM CST/10PM EST)
SOV 5 (MJ, Hmoo, LIS, DVMD, Vethed)
Hmoo 1 (LotF)
Kam 1 (SOV)
RM 1 (Kam)
8/23 reporting - Deadline in <4hrs! (9PM CST/10PM EST)
I know he has said he doesn't care if people say they are gone or busy because it is a way to get squeamish people not to vote for you... well, it still makes me unsettled, but there is logic to the lynch, a bunch of little things that may or may not equal wolf, but certainly point a finger so:
Unlynch hmoo
Lynch SOV
Unlynch hmoo
Lynch SOV
@katashark , you were injured N2, yes?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I think you're confusing your old men. LIS is the one who says that, I don't know that I've ever seen SOV say that specifically.I know he has said he doesn't care if people say they are gone or busy because it is a way to get squeamish people not to vote for you... well, it still makes me unsettled, but there is logic to the lynch, a bunch of little things that may or may not equal wolf, but certainly point a finger so:
Unlynch hmoo
Lynch SOV
I know he has said he doesn't care if people say they are gone or busy because it is a way to get squeamish people not to vote for you... well, it still makes me unsettled, but there is logic to the lynch, a bunch of little things that may or may not equal wolf, but certainly point a finger so:
Unlynch hmoo
Lynch SOV
It's LIS that says that, not SOV---or do all pilots look the same to you?
Last edited:
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Did anyone use the shutters last night on their hold?
no, he would not have been the one to attack you, but it doesn't mean he isn't a wolf as one wolf is chosen for the kill.Wait, if SOV was blocked on N1, would there have still been a failed attack on me? The results I got didn't sound like the attack failed due to a block
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Lynch vmh
Not comfy with the sobsob lynch. I could go RM, but as I was rereading I came across something that tickled my feels. The way VMH characterized AM's previous play seemed odd to me here, as I've never thought of AM as a particularly active player, and a quick look into her post history supports that. So it feels to me like VMH is trying too hard to find a good reason to jump on that lynch in this post.
Not comfy with the sobsob lynch. I could go RM, but as I was rereading I came across something that tickled my feels. The way VMH characterized AM's previous play seemed odd to me here, as I've never thought of AM as a particularly active player, and a quick look into her post history supports that. So it feels to me like VMH is trying too hard to find a good reason to jump on that lynch in this post.
Lynch AM
She's dropped way off the posting radar and she's not usually like that in games, so I find the change in style a little odd.
I'm going to go take an online quiz, but should hopefully be able to check in before lynch close.
I love that both of our old men are pilots. How in the world does that happen?It's LIS that says that, not SOV---or do all pilots look the same to you? ☕😉
I'm curious if anyone had their ability stolen last night. I haven't seen anyone mention it yet (between GRE studying and work fiasco, I can't be on much today, maybe I missed it?). If someone was targeted but was tithing last night, it might point to a hold where there is no wolf.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, I'm asking questions along the same line. The blocker in the announcement said they tithed their ability N1 and N3, so if it was their ability, either the whoever received the tithe blocked SOV or another blocker did.Wait, if SOV was blocked on N1, would there have still been a failed attack on me? The results I got didn't sound like the attack failed due to a block
I don't know if that makes the blocker any less wolfy that they tithed their ability twice, but if they really did, and SOV is a wolf, than as a wolf, you'd think they wouldn't want to tithe it a second time and risk blocking another wolf.
So something doesn't add up in that whole line of thought.
Well, if the blocker tithed their ability N1, I would think whoever got it would be able to use it the next night (N2). So if gwen or whomever the person is that was talking to gwen was telling the truth, then we probably have a villager and a wolf blocker. Who knows which one blocked SOV (if any).
no, he would not have been the one to attack you, but it doesn't mean he isn't a wolf as one wolf is chosen for the kill.
Ahhh okay, makes sense
Can confirm SOV said he was going to be really busy today.But if he genuinely won't be around today to monitor/defend, and has his hold chat to confirm it, I'm fine to Unlynch SOV for today.
Lynch RM instead.
Straightforward I think I'm missing why SOV is so sketchy, other than being SOV. (That's a pretty good reason though 😉 )
Similar threads
- Replies
- 180
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 182
- Views
- 6K
- Replies
- 250
- Views
- 23K