Hello All, I am currently a high school junior enrolled in all AP classes. I am ranked 6/800 with approx a 3.7 unweighted GPA. (It would be higher but elective unweighted health science classes have lowered it). I have taken intro. to health sciences, advanced clinical rotations, and collegiate medical terminology. Because I have fulfilled the credit requirement, it is possible for me to graduate one trimester early senior year. Below are my current options. Please let me know what would prove the most beneficial to my future as a medical practitioner. Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you for your input!

Option 1:
AP statistics or AP chemistry or AP biology (pick 2)
Advanced Anatomy and Physiology
Graduate at the normal time

Option 2:
AP statistics or AP chemistry or AP biology (pick 1)
Advanced Anatomy and Physiology
Graduate Early and obtain EMT certification and job

Members don't see this ad.

Please, please, please graduate at the normal time. You will never have these years back. Spend time with friends, learn about what makes you happy and productive. So much of college success is about maturity and balance. Prioritize those life skills, and work in other stuff as you can. People are really going to start keeping score once you get to college but right now you're golden. You're positioned well -- it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Oh, and definitely take AP stats. And take it again in college. So much of how we think as medical scientists is rooted in probability theory and frequentist statistics; gaining facility with that proprietary language will be advantageous in the future.

Please, please, please graduate at the normal time. You will never have these years back. Spend time with friends, learn about what makes you happy and productive. So much of college success is about maturity and balance. Prioritize those life skills, and work in other stuff as you can. People are really going to start keeping score once you get to college but right now you're golden. You're positioned well -- it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Oh, and definitely take AP stats. And take it again in college. So much of how we think as medical scientists is rooted in probability theory and frequentist statistics; gaining facility with that proprietary language will be advantageous in the future.

Thank you for your reply! If I were to graduate early, I would still be very local (attending the community college 10 minutes away to obtain certification). Relationships with friends would not be terminated prematurely and I would still have plenty of time to socialize. I believe I have mastered how I learn best and what makes me happy. One problem I currently face is that my high school classes have ceased to challenge me. Rather than learning beneficial new information, I am plagued with irrelevant busy work. Do you still believe I should finish at the normal rate (I am old for my grade) and take the one additional AP class? I have received mixed opinions from my support network. Some have stated what typhoonegator mentioned while others mentioned the benefits of the real world experience, networking, and income that can be generated.