Edward Via - Auburn (VCOM-Auburn) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know this may be a dumb question, but as far as updates go, are we to send them to Mrs. Oliver or to the general vcom admissions email?

Not dumb at all, I sent you a pm.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone here heading down to Auburn this weekend?

Last edited:
  • There may be more applicants as deadline is still there:
  • AACOMAS Application Deadline:
    March 15: VCOM-Auburn

February 15: VCOM-Virginia and VCOM-Carolinas
    (Although classes may be filled in advance of this deadline due to rolling admissions.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing tomorrow! So excited :) Any advice? Thanks in advance!!
Hi... My advice would be to go back to the earlier pages. There is some great advice already written! Also, I can't stress enough about being yourself. I truly loved Auburn and I wasn't afraid to express my strong feelings during the interview.

Best of luck, I am excited for you!

Last edited:
Yup. Go through this thread and review it.

The school has a mission statement and they look for students that fit it well. They also emphasize leadership probably seeing as how it's an inaugural class--so maybe talk that up

FYI, you all might want to call her "Mrs. Oliver" instead of "Jasmine." One of my interviewers gave me kuddos for referring to her as such; I got the impression that they don't like people addressing her so informally.

A little respect for the lady who has an enormous amount of decision-making power over your life's trajectory. :)

It is a sign of respect by addressing Dr., Prof., Mr., Mrs., etc. and should always be done, even if they aren't doctors or politicians. There is a medial school faculty member at my state school who likes to be address by first name (she isn't a doctor either). I always say her first name when I am with her. However, when I speak about her to another faculty member or just people in general I always say Mrs. and her last name. If she taught a class, I would state professor instead of Mrs.

Hey - just submitted my ap here today (super late, I know haha) but I am hoping for some love!! Anyone know how full the class is of yet? Good luck to everyone!

Does anyone know the deadline for the secondary app for this school?

Hey - just submitted my ap here today (super late, I know haha) but I am hoping for some love!! Anyone know how full the class is of yet? Good luck to everyone!
I think they are interviewing for wait list spots. You may have wasted your money. Sorry to be so blunt...

Reactions: 1 user
Well, I've heard of people getting accepted all the way through first week of classes at schools. Just saying

Members don't see this ad :)
They told me last week there were just over 100 spots filled.. I'd assume they are still currently accepting people considering they want 150 person class
That's pretty good news. I wonder how strict they are with the 150 limit or if they would consider going over that

The person I interviewed with said they are accredited to take up to 162. Not saying they will take that many but 150 isn't the cutoff if they want a few more people
Oh that's cool, thanks for the info!

Does anyone know the deadline for the secondary app for this school?
There is no deadline. Just ASAP. Especially since there is a handful of spots left.

Where do we send the health/immunization paperwork? Does the doctor need to send them or I can? Also has everyone accepted filled out their FAFSA? I haven't yikes! Still have to do the BLS training and haven't gotten an apartment....aaaahhhhh

Reactions: 1 users
Where do we send the health/immunization paperwork? Does the doctor need to send them or I can? Also has everyone accepted filled out their FAFSA? I haven't yikes! Still have to do the BLS training and haven't gotten an apartment....aaaahhhhh
Currently going through the same medical school checklist- so many items to cross-off yet!

You can email everything to:

Student Health Coordinator
VCOM–Auburn
Kelly Andrews
910 South Donahue Dr.
Auburn, aL 6832
Email: [email protected]

Source: www.vcom.edu/2019

Reactions: 1 users
I have a kind of strange question. I just want to clarify the application timeline. On VCOM's website it says AACOMAS must be submitted by March 15th. Are applications submitted a full year in advance of potential matriculation or does that March 15th deadline apply to the following fall semester (March 15th, 2015 for Fall 2015???). I know that seems like a dumb question but I have a timeline I'm trying to stick to and I want to make sure I understand this part so I can plan accordingly.

I have a kind of strange question. I just want to clarify the application timeline. On VCOM's website it says AACOMAS must be submitted by March 15th. Are applications submitted a full year in advance of potential matriculation or does that March 15th deadline apply to the following fall semester (March 15th, 2015 for Fall 2015???). I know that seems like a dumb question but I have a timeline I'm trying to stick to and I want to make sure I understand this part so I can plan accordingly.
Hi, that deadline definitely applies for the class starting in Fall of 2015. The application for 2016 won't be available for a few months. Good luck

What is VCOM Auburn's FAFSA code, do we choose Auburn University?
VCOM’s school codes are G37093 for the Virginia Campus, E01970 for the Carolinas Campus and G37093 for the Auburn Campus. Students must enter this number in the section of the FAFSA that requests the school code in order for VCOM to receive a copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Department of Education after the FAFSA is processed. The Student Aid Report is necessary for the Office of Financial Aid to be able to calculate financial aid eligibility.

Hey guys, I recently applied here, after receiving the "your application is complete" email, how long before you heard back for an interview?

VCOM’s school codes are G37093 for the Virginia Campus, E01970 for the Carolinas Campus and G37093 for the Auburn Campus. Students must enter this number in the section of the FAFSA that requests the school code in order for VCOM to receive a copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Department of Education after the FAFSA is processed. The Student Aid Report is necessary for the Office of Financial Aid to be able to calculate financial aid eligibility.
Thank you!

Hey guys, I recently applied here, after receiving the "your application is complete" email, how long before you heard back for an interview?

If you're secondary has been submitted then I would call the admissions office and ask this question respectfully. B/c the class is filling up quickly I'm guessing

If you're secondary has been submitted then I would call the admissions office and ask this question respectfully. B/c the class is filling up quickly I'm guessing

Yep, I did. And thanks I'll give them a call Monday.

Hey has anyone else had trouble logging in to fill out the secondary? I am following the instructions they gave in the email, but when I try to login it just says error try again in five seconds - any help would definitely be appreciated!! Thanks

EDIT: had to wait for the system to update!

Last edited:
VCOM-Auburn class of 2019 closed group on facebook has 120 members by invitation so far. Does it mean that >30 spots are still available? I am waiting for W/L ranking and hoping to get accepted. :)

VCOM-Auburn class of 2019 closed group on facebook has 120 members by invitation so far. Does it mean that >30 spots are still available? I am waiting for W/L ranking and hoping to get accepted. :)

That's a really good question but I 'd have to wager that we'd only be guessing. I am assuming that there are people still out there in the real world that do not have Facebook (myself included!)

There has to be more than 120. I can see a lot of people either a) not knowing about the group b) not having Facebook c) not joining until they are fully committed to the school because they are deciding between other options

Just submitted my secondary! Does anyone know when they stop doing interviews? I think they have them through April, right?

Just submitted my secondary! Does anyone know when they stop doing interviews? I think they have them through April, right?

I think your best bet would be to call them directly and ask. Their supplemental deadline is listed as "rolling" in the CIB. I'm guessing the admissions staff would be able to give you the best answer.

Any new interviews, acceptances, wait listing at VCOM-Auburn?
Thread is silent!

Any new interviews, acceptances, wait listing at VCOM-Auburn?
Thread is silent!

Also, is there any new news on the waitlist ranking? I hate to bother Ms. Oliver with a question that she's probably been asked 100x.

Any update on how did the interview go today? How many applicant were there? Any guesses, how many more applicants could be interviewed?

There were 9 that interviewed today. No word on how many more interview dates there.

What is the movement on the alternate list like for VCOM in previous years? How many Alternates do they have on standby?

I was told the other campuses have pulled 30-40 from the waitlist in previous years. But I have no info on the length of the waitlist now.