Edward Via COM - Auburn (VCOM-Auburn) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II on Friday as well. Complete end of August. Interview this Wednesday. Spoke with director of admissions and long story short they are starting their waitlist and there is a good chance it will be for a waitlist spot... but hard to say bc they save seats for their graduate program. They had interview dates opened until end of feb.

so, no one has been wait listed yet!

Members don't see this ad.

II on Friday as well. Complete end of August. Interview this Wednesday. Spoke with director of admissions and long story short they are starting their waitlist and there is a good chance it will be for a waitlist spot... but hard to say bc they save seats for their graduate program. They had interview dates opened until end of feb.

Well that sucks! I was hoping there would be seats available since the Facebook groups seemed half full.. guess not

Could any current students give me advice on the living situation in/around auburn.
Average cost of living?
Good areas for students to live?
Roommate options?
Any advice would be helpful, thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year I know they interviewed into April and gave the top of their waiting list deferred acceptances. As far as I know, most of the people on the deferred acceptance list were accepted. Not sure if they are doing the same this year, but since it is still a pretty new school, I would guess they are continuing with the same plan!

Reactions: 1 user
II today! They have interview spots into March currently. Scheduled for Feb 14!

Il today, dates available Feb 14, 15, 21, 22

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally received the complete email. Hopefully good news follows soon. Has anybody received an II that was complete not too long ago?

Early October. I had a few bumps in the road with AACOMAS so they probably didn't receive all my stuff until mid/late October.

Early October. I had a few bumps in the road with AACOMAS so they probably didn't receive all my stuff until mid/late October.

I'm kind of in the same boat, sent my secondary in September yet haven't received a complete email. A lot of my friends have received interviews.

From what I have seen, the turnaround varies but if you received a complete email now you could hear from them in as little as a week regarding a II.

I had to email them asking about an update for them to finally send me the complete email. You may want to give that a shot.

Waitlisted :'( . Anyone recently accepted or know anything about the waitlist here?

Yeah i got waitlisted. I think the class is full right now because of the certain amount they save for their post bac. There will be some decent waitlist movement in a few months once those people have chosen their campuses

I had to email them asking about an update for them to finally send me the complete email. You may want to give that a shot.
Is there a specific contact you used? I emailed them a few months ago and received what seemed to be an automated email saying they were still reviewing it for completeness. I used the admissions email for auburn on the site.

Is there a specific contact you used? I emailed them a few months ago and received what seemed to be an automated email saying they were still reviewing it for completeness. I used the admissions email for auburn on the site.
I just emailed the admissions office and received an email a few days after.

Damn. I interview here on Feb 22. Does that mean I am just fighting for an waitlisting spot? :(

I know they have interview spots open until the end of Feb, but does anyone know if they will open more interview slots in march or early April? I receive my MCAT scores on the 22nd of feb and plan to update them with my newer score. I know in last years Auburn thread people were receiving interviews well into march.

I know they have interview spots open until the end of Feb, but does anyone know if they will open more interview slots in march or early April? I receive my MCAT scores on the 22nd of feb and plan to update them with my newer score. I know in last years Auburn thread people were receiving interviews well into march.

When I was signing up for my interview a few weeks ago, I noticed that there were interviews available into March.

Damn. I interview here on Feb 22. Does that mean I am just fighting for an waitlisting spot? :(
I think anyone who interviews at this school has a shot, so don't count yourself out! If you're competitive, you're competitive... no matter when you interview. You could easily be ranked higher than people who have interviewed before you.

Do we have to buy a stethoscope? I saw that the class of 2020 received one during their white coat ceremony.

I'm a Current OMS I at VCOM-Auburn if anyone has any questions, I'll try to give an informed answer.

Do we have to buy a stethoscope? I saw that the class of 2020 received one during their white coat ceremony.
So far for your first year you don't have to buy one. They're provided for your standardized patient encounters and training sessions when you use them. That being said most students have bought their own. I play on buying my own for block 4 (Cardio block) and clinical years. We did receive a stethoscope at white coat, a MD One model MDF brand, I plan on getting a Littmann cardio III though.

On interview day, do they hold luggages for students that are flying out right after the interview?

What are the latest clinical sites? I've heard there are new ones, but the website hasn't been updated to reflect that.
Russell Medical Center, Medical Center Enterprise, Gadsden Regional Medical Center, Crestwood Medical Center, East Alabama Medical Center,
Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital, Wellington Regional Medical Center, Orange Park Medical Center, Helen Keller Hospital and Grandview Hospital. I'm missing one of them and I have heard through the grapevine they are getting another site in Georgia. The second years found out their placements last Friday.

Does anyone know how long it takes for a decision on extending an interview takes, after the application is considered complete? Are there anymore interviews left for March?

II for here today! Hopeful for a spot but nervous that they're gone!

II for here today! Hopeful for a spot but nervous that they're gone!
Good Luck! What dates were left? You can ask Jasmine when you interview the status of the class/gauge how many seats are left. She basically told my interview group that it was for a waitlist spot but someone still got in!

Good Luck! What dates were left? You can ask Jasmine when you interview the status of the class/gauge how many seats are left. She basically told my interview group that it was for a waitlist spot but someone still got in!

Thank you! In March, the only other dates were the 21st and 22nd I believe. Thanks for the advice. When did you interview?

Thank you! In March, the only other dates were the 21st and 22nd I believe. Thanks for the advice. When did you interview?
How long did you wait after being complete to receive the interview?

How long did you wait after being complete to receive the interview?

The last thing to complete my application was the MCAT which went in last week. I was complete on Monday and got the invite yesterday. I did not expect it to happen so quickly, so I'm really grateful.

The last thing to complete my application was the MCAT which went in last week. I was complete on Monday and got the invite yesterday. I did not expect it to happen so quickly, so I'm really grateful.
Well congrats! You certainly deserved the interview if they were just waiting for your MCAT! I'm contemplating emailing admissions again because I don't want to be pushy but I know time is ticking away.

Well congrats! You certainly deserved the interview if they were just waiting for your MCAT! I'm contemplating emailing admissions again because I don't want to be pushy but I know time is ticking away.

Time is definitely ticking away. I would either call or email. Jasmine Oliver and the other admissions staff are very understanding, candid, and helpful. Give it a try!

Last edited:
II today! I will be interviewing 03/22. If you have any tips please PM me!

There were options for 03/22 and two dates in April

I called admissions and received an II shortly after. They were extremely nice! It can't hurt for anyone still waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

II today! I will be interviewing 03/22. If you have any tips please PM me!

There were options for 03/22 and two dates in April

I called admissions and received an II shortly after. They were extremely nice! It can't hurt for anyone still waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

May I ask when you two submitted your supplemental applications?