This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Z-123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is weird, but I apply to medical school in about a year.

I started medication for depression and anxiety one week before I started college. I was a 4.0 student in high school, but my medication has put me in kind of haze, and now I'm pretty average at a 3.45. I have ADD as well, but medication for it makes anxiety worse and all that jazz. My anxiety medication makes my ADD worse. I would never change my decision to start medication though! I am so much happier with everything, even if my grades are not the best.

This isn't me asking for counseling, please don't misunderstand this thread! I ask if I should introduce that on my applications in some way, like in a personal statement. I feel like it's important, as I have found myself studying much more than the typical student, even if it doesn't work out.

I don't know if this is a ridiculous question. I'm at an unpward-ish trend from the first semester of college, but I am still trying to get used to the shift in my focus, my change in studying to accommodate that, etc..

Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.