Extension of Underdogs Thread MCAT 24 or less

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected from RVUCOM lol, funny that they don't even send emails. You have to check the portal for updates and its been down for more than a month.

So what does their website say? im asssuming it says it under admissions status.

Members don't see this ad :)
I asked for some details and got a personal email. The one that basically said my app was boring lol.

Glad I'm breaking the silence here. Interview at [redacted].

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I thought all the adcoms are on holiday until January

I figured they were, but apparently ACOM has been sending invites out for the past few days if you look at the school-specific thread.

I figured they were, but apparently ACOM has been sending invites out for the past few days if you look at the school-specific thread.

Wow that's a surprise. They put me on hold from November and they won't be looking at my app till January. I am surprised they are giving interviews now.

Congrats to you.

Got 2 rejections this week from state MD schools, only 4 schools pre-interview left to hear from. CMON MSUCOM!

Reactions: 1 user
Another interview surprised me today: [redacted].

Last edited:
Dang, when were you complete? I'm still waiting to hear from them since late October

Thanks! Around the end of November. I also applied to Bradenton and haven't heard anything. As a side note I'm a little saddened by how few people are left active here... :( Looking back through the thread we've already had a good amount of acceptances though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Indeed. Should I email/call them or something?

Might do. I've only spoken to them over e-mail about the problem they have with their payment processing. I wasn't able to get anybody on the phone.

I'm still here @kalat ! I have one interview so far. Waiting to here from WVSOM, ACOM, LUCOM, PCOM-Ga, all 3 VCOM

my interview is feb 6 at LMU-DCOM

Reactions: 1 users
I called VCOM and LUCOM and they have never called me back (to see if they received my letters)

Might do. I've only spoken to them over e-mail about the problem they have with their payment processing. I wasn't able to get anybody on the phone.

I emailed them let's see what they say

I called VCOM and LUCOM and they have never called me back (to see if they received my letters)

Yeah, I haven't heard anything from VCOM either... Disappointed about that. I was figuring at least one campus by now.

I'm lurking in this thread. Worried about my mcat retake next week. I'll probably be an applicant in this thread in May. Best of luck to everyone in here! I see there has been a couple acceptances so that is hopeful! :)

I'm still here @kalat ! I have one interview so far. Waiting to here from WVSOM, ACOM, LUCOM, PCOM-Ga, all 3 VCOM

my interview is feb 6 at LMU-DCOM

Just add KYCOM to that list and minus LUCOM and that is my situation. However, I have an II just recently from one of those schools.

Last edited:
Just add KYCOM to that list and minus LUCOM and that is my situation. However, I have an II just recently from one of those schools.

Let's just say I'm in-state for one of those schools (not KYCOM obviously) and I haven't heard anything from them... and I already went for a tour. I'm going to be pretty salty if I don't get at least an interview. :bored:

Last edited:
Let's just say I'm in-state for one of those schools (not KYCOM obviously) and I haven't heard anything from them... and I already went for a tour. I'm going to be pretty salty if I don't get at least an interview. :bored:

I made a pretty funny mistake on my post just corrected it. :smack:

I am like OOS for all DO schools and wish I was IS for at least one school. I hope you score an II soon from your list. Yeah I would be upset too if I were in your situation.

I made a pretty funny mistake on my post just corrected it. :smack:

I am like OOS for all DO schools and wish I was IS for at least one school. I hope you score an II soon from your list. Yeah I would be upset too if I were in your situation.

Fixed it! But that's alright, I'm genuinely thankful I even got two interviews so far, but it would just annoy me schools in other states would be willing to take a chance more than one that's right next door!

So far I haven't heard from so many schools. Applied to 10, received 4 secondaries, no interviews yet. Past 3 semesters have brought my scienceGPA to a 3.5. I haven't been able to reach anyone at pcom, pikeville, vcom, touro, or Lake Erie. Rejected from pnw. I have been accepted at LMU's MS (SMP) program and Intend to go there as of now unless I am offered interviews and acceptance somewhere. Long tough road. Hopefully I'll start med school in august so all my kids aren't yet another year older before I start my career! Drive on!

Reactions: 2 users
So far I haven't heard from so many schools. Applied to 10, received 4 secondaries, no interviews yet. Past 3 semesters have brought my scienceGPA to a 3.5. I haven't been able to reach anyone at pcom, pikeville, vcom, touro, or Lake Erie. Rejected from pnw. I have been accepted at LMU's MS (SMP) program and Intend to go there as of now unless I am offered interviews and acceptance somewhere. Long tough road. Hopefully I'll start med school in august so all my kids aren't yet another year older before I start my career! Drive on!

If your GPAs are actually 3.2-3.5 it'd probably be a better use of your time to just retake the MCAT after a few months of pure studying and reapply EARLY. It'll save you a lot of money and time stressing in the MS program which is usually only for people that have bad GPA/bad MCAT combos. That's what I'd do anyways. Most MS programs just can't justify the ~$20-40K cost when a new MCAT can easily secure an acceptance with the current GPA.

If your GPAs are actually 3.2-3.5 it'd probably be a better use of your time to just retake the MCAT after a few months of pure studying and reapply EARLY. It'll save you a lot of money and time stressing in the MS program which is usually only for people that have bad GPA/bad MCAT combos. That's what I'd do anyways. Most MS programs just can't justify the ~$20-40K cost when a new MCAT can easily secure an acceptance with the current GPA.

I've got the army Gi bill to cover my grad/medical school so I'm not worried about the cost. I'll actually be getting paid during school. I took the mcat twice already so I don't really want to risk another Lower score. Knowing that I have something waiting is better than nothing and from what I hear that program is pretty good!

I've got the army Gi bill to cover my grad/medical school so I'm not worried about the cost. I'll actually be getting paid during school. I took the mcat twice already so I don't really want to risk another Lower score. Knowing that I have something waiting is better than nothing and from what I hear that program is pretty good!

Fair enough. Makes sense in that situation. GI bill covers grad/medical? Or are you talking about HPSP?

Does the LMU MS program offer an interview/acceptance if you maintain a certain GPA or how does it work?

Hey guys, I'm checkin in on this thread. I will be applying this May/June 2015 to both MD and DO (mainly DO). Any tips on someone on how to go about deciding which DO schools to apply and how to select. Appreciate any help and of course I'm rooting for you all!

Hey guys, I'm checkin in on this thread. I will be applying this May/June 2015 to both MD and DO (mainly DO). Any tips on someone on how to go about deciding which DO schools to apply and how to select. Appreciate any help and of course I'm rooting for you all!

I may be forgetting some, but typically newer schools

Vcom-auburn
LMU
CUSOM
Wcucom
Wvsom
Acom

I'm sure I am missing a few

Get guys, just wanted to check in. Still no interview invites, are they very common this far along? I received and completed secondaries from pcom-ga, lmu-dcom, vcom-va, wvsom and nova, but have no interviews yet. Rejected by lecom-br but they were my lowest priority anyway. GPA 3.81/3.6+sci and 24 comp (10v, 6p, 8b) I'm just getting frustrated hearing people getting interviews/acceptances and I haven't heard anything so far. Is it normal to get rejections this far along after completing secondaries? Or is it more interview session still?

Thanks in advanced.

Has anyone ever talked to someone at the VCOM campuses? It's funny, I sent out an e-mail yesterday to a lot of the schools I completed a secondary at and they were literally the only one that didn't return the e-mail (at all) while the others all replied within a day. The only one! And I've called and sent them e-mails throughout the cycle - never once heard back since I received my complete e-mail. Seems odd.

@DOpremed2015 I feel like you should have got at least one interview (LMU-DCOM, VCOM-VA, and WVSOM all have fairly low MCAT averages) considering your GPA. I would've also submitted to ACOM and LECOM-Erie/Seton Hill. The important thing I would say to future underdogs is that these "low stat" schools seem to take applicant desire/mission/community work more seriously than the other schools. It's a huge boon to have the activities but also back it up with strong personal/secondary statements.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever talked to someone at the VCOM campuses? It's funny, I sent out an e-mail yesterday to a lot of the schools I completed a secondary at and they were literally the only one that didn't return the e-mail (at all) while the others all replied within a day. The only one! And I've called and sent them e-mails throughout the cycle - never once heard back since I received my complete e-mail. Seems odd.

@DOpremed2015 I feel like you should have got at least one interview (LMU-DCOM, VCOM-VA, and WVSOM all have fairly low MCAT averages) considering your GPA. I would've also submitted to ACOM and LECOM-Erie/Seton Hill. The important thing I would say to future underdogs is that these "low stat" schools seem to take applicant desire/mission/community work more seriously than the other schools. It's a huge boon to have the activities but also back it up with strong personal/secondary statements.

Kalat, Yes, thats what I was thinking. I applied to LECOM-bradenton, and I considered ACOM also. I have a lot of community involvement as well as tons of leadership. Sprinkle on work experience as a medical assistant and I'm confident spectacular LOR's, leaves me just stuck. I spent literally years working at Kaplan test prep and studying for the MCAT only to have my retakes be nothing like the course I had spent over a year studying. I just really don't want to give up hope yet.

Are there others who filled out secondaries months ago and recently received rejections? My last email was from VCOM in Oct saying that they would call me for an interview. I just feel like if they would have rejected me because of my stats they would have done that by now, and I'm confident everything else in my app is good, so why haven't I heard anything...

Kalat, Yes, thats what I was thinking. I applied to LECOM-bradenton, and I considered ACOM also. I have a lot of community involvement as well as tons of leadership. Sprinkle on work experience as a medical assistant and I'm confident spectacular LOR's, leaves me just stuck. I spent literally years working at Kaplan test prep and studying for the MCAT only to have my retakes be nothing like the course I had spent over a year studying. I just really don't want to give up hope yet.

Are there others who filled out secondaries months ago and recently received rejections? My last email was from VCOM in Oct saying that they would call me for an interview. I just feel like if they would have rejected me because of my stats they would have done that by now, and I'm confident everything else in my app is good, so why haven't I heard anything...
You didn't apply broadly enough.

Reactions: 1 users
Get guys, just wanted to check in. Still no interview invites, are they very common this far along? I received and completed secondaries from pcom-ga, lmu-dcom, vcom-va, wvsom and nova, but have no interviews yet. Rejected by lecom-br but they were my lowest priority anyway. GPA 3.81/3.6+sci and 24 comp (10v, 6p, 8b) I'm just getting frustrated hearing people getting interviews/acceptances and I haven't heard anything so far. Is it normal to get rejections this far along after completing secondaries? Or is it more interview session still?

Thanks in advanced.

Even though I'm having a hard time with this advice, I'll say that schools are still actively reviewing applications and extending II's. The cycle will continue for another four-five months. A friend of mine received his acceptance to CUSOM in june of last year. We still have a pretty good shot of matriculating in August. Be patient and keep your head up!

I would start preparing for the next cycle. U gotta get that MCAT up. Get rid of that 6

Secondary received from KYCOM today and submitted. One more hat in the ring. Cheers.

Reactions: 2 users
Received an interview from [redacted]. :thumbup: That's three! Here's to continued luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Sorry for the horrible formatting

Attachments

• 1422974164656.jpg
    1422974164656.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 54
I got another interview VCOM-Auburn!! :happy: My interview at LMU-DCOM is this Friday and my VCOM interview is Feb 12

Reactions: 9 users