This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GenjiNeedsHealing

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm applying to FIU because it's 12 minutes away from my place. I had a stressful time looking trough the majors, and trying to find something related to PT.

These are the recommended bachelors in their page: Psychology, Sport & Fitness Studies, Recreation & Sports Management, Biology. (They also recommend Exercise Science, and Athletic Training, but they don't offer them as majors)

I opted for Sports & Fitness Studies, because it doesn't require other chemistry classes, and it has Kinesiology and Sports injuries classes.

Now, I have completed 3 pre-requisites of the DPT Program. I still need to take: BSC1010/L, CHM 1045/L and CHM 1046/L, PHY 2048/L and PHY 2049/L, another PSY, and BSC 2086/L

And this is my question: Can I fit these pre-reqs in the Sports & Fitness Studies major as electives?
(Consideration: I've had little and poor advisement)