This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for the update. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
We don't know if they are foreshore coming out tomorrow though. Good chance they are though...

Members don't see this ad :)
What was the time frame that previous batch received invites on March 12th

Last edited:
Just wanted to say good luck to everyone and remember, whatever happens happens for the best. While it stings still that I didn't get in post interview (really liked the school when I went for the visit), it definitely gave me lots of experience to help me in terms of prepping my app and figuring out where to improve, as well as getting an idea for how the interview feels for next cycle (fingers crossed!). And getting an interview means they see something special in you, and that you look to be a strong candidate in the future even if Sinai isn't your future home.

And if you don't get an interview, just remember that the program has a specific aim that is separate from the aim of Sinai itself as well as other schools. Just filling out the app provides tons of help as I mentioned earlier, and college is like a clean slate for you when you apply regular cycle later on. I remember when I applied, I was very proud of my high school achievements and high stats (36 ACT helped a ton for me imo). But when you apply regular cycle, high school goes out the window. Some people didn't do so hot in high school but kill it in college and the MCAT and vice versa. So while it may sting now or in July (trust me it will), it will happen for the best. Good luck fellas

Reactions: 7 users
Thanks for encouraging words.At this time it really helps.

Is it gonna be out in 30 mins?????????????????? I'm freaking out!! Does someone have it already?

Is it gonna be out in 30 mins?????????????????? I'm freaking out!! Does someone have it already?
Lol waiting does feel like torture...what makes it even worse is we don't even know if today is the day invites are sent.

Reactions: 1 users
Lol waiting does feel like torture...what makes it even worse is we don't even know if today is the day invites are sent.
True... True... we have no idea it could be today it can be tomorrow it can be next week. If someone wants to call and ask, go for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone called to check?
I haven't. I'm too scared lol. There's an old rule that states that whoever questions is the one that needs to do it. So it's your responsibility.

I'm just joking haha. But I'm legit scared to ask cuz I'm freaking out.

I haven't. I'm too scared lol. There's an old rule that states that whoever questions is the one that needs to do it. So it's your responsibility.

I mean I can, I just don't want to be one of multiple to annoy them

HAHAHAHA It's just so funny "whoever questions is the one that needs to do it"! But people just chill I mean we are gonna get the answer anyway so just relax and focus on school(I guess it's exam season[or at least for me]) we have done whatever we can do so even if we call them now it's not gonna change the result. Just hope for the best and expect the worst.

And I assume it's not gonna be out today (or at least for us, cuz not everyone use SDN)cuz it's almost 5 Eastern time. So let's see and they said it's gonna be out this week(which means only a few more days of waiting)! So good luck!!!

Wow congratulations. Does it say anything on application??I
Anybody else

So excited for those who have started receiving email invites! To those who haven't seen one yet, don't give up! I don't think they sent them all out at once as it takes time. For those with the invites, you'll have a great experience during your interview day :) Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 users
@CallMeDoc123

here's what the email said:

We have reviewed your application to the FlexMed Program and we are very impressed with your accomplishments. The Selection Committee is pleased to invite you for interviews at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. During your visit, we hope to give you a sense of what makes Icahn School of Medicine’s educational experience special, as well as offer a first-hand look at our campus and facilities.

To accept our invitation to interview, please schedule your interview by logging in to your application and selecting the interview tab. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email Deborah Alleyne at [email protected].

The day is scheduled to begin at 8:00a.m. in the Office of Admissions, Annenberg Building, Room 13-90 (entry is through the Guggenheim Pavilion, 1468 Madison Avenue at 100th Street). For detailed directions you can check our web site at Visiting Us. Please allow approximately 5-6 hours for our interview day. More information about the interview day can be found on the "Interview Day Schedule" tab in the interview scheduling system. If you have any special requirements for lunch (i.e. vegetarian, etc.) please let us know when you confirm your interview date.

Icahn School of Medicine provides overnight accommodations to our applicants, with a student host, during their interview visit. We recommend that you take advantage of this offer as spending the night is a great way to meet current students and get an inside look at life as an ISMMS student. To take advantage of this program please complete the survey found on the "Staying Overnight" tab in the interview scheduling system. Please include the night you wish to stay and the date of your interview. We ask that you complete the survey at least one week before your interview.

In order to interview at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, we must receive confirmation from you through our online scheduling system.

We look forward to meeting you.

Sincerely,

Valerie Parkas, M.D.
Associate Dean for Admissions

Hi, all. This is my first post on the thread, but I have been reading these posts since August. I received an invitation today. If any past FlexMed people like QueenD and Hcou17 have any tips, we would greatly appreciate it.

One question the people who got invites which major are guys.
Thanks you guys.just curious and little hope for tomorrow.if not hahha regular cycle with more applications and more options .

When FlexMed asks for high school transcripts, do they intend to place an emphasis on the whole transcript or just the last 1-2 years of high school? My overall high school "career" was bad, but I was a late bloomer and in my junior and senior years of high school I had a 3.88 GPA and an SAT of 1550, not to mention a lot of volunteer and shadowing hours in high school. Would that negatively impact my application knowing I have a 4.0 college GPA?

Oof I'm late to posting but I got an interview too. Major: Econ Minor: Public Policy

Last edited:
I submitted January 12. I do not think the time submitted counts for anything.

Congratulations to all those who received interviews! Do we know if invitations are sent out all at once? Is there still hope for those of us who didn't receive an email either way yet?

Hi, all. This is my first post on the thread, but I have been reading these posts since August. I received an invitation today. If any past FlexMed people like QueenD and Hcou17 have any tips, we would greatly appreciate it.

I can give more specific info to any questions you may have if you wanna DM, but I'd say definitely read over every word you put in your app and be ready to talk about it. The interviewers (2 interviews: one student and one faculty) had my app in front of them and hit on some aspects. It's generally a casual thing and it's a cool first experience. Also make sure you nail down your Flex part since I think this was my downfall (I never really had a strong flex but it managed to be good enough for the interview). They will 110% ask a question about what you will do with the spare time or something like that.

Again, I didn't get in post interview so obviously something wasn't up to their level, but my hunch is the flex wasn't sold well enough. Any specific questions about the day or events or interview and I'm happy to answer in DM from anyone :)

(btw for the rolling out interviews, I'm sure there are still some left to be sent out, but the majority will probably have been sent out yesterday. Don't lose hope though since some still remain!)

@BrownBears2021 Can speak about interviews as well DM for more specific questions. Mine weren't stressful but I heard one of the interviewers was a little bit more difficult than the others.

Got an interview yesterday 3/11 at 6:33pm est. Does anyone know where we can get more interview tips? Thanks.

I haven't heard anything back from them yet(SAD REAX ONLY) but is it possible if I want to send them some updates of this semester? Like I think for general application to Medical schools, some of them do accept updates about EC/Work/School Work etc. So I am wondering if Flexmed is the same.

Did anyone get an Interview today?
No but I'm guessing they would have to wait for a while before sending the second batch. Part of the reason for doing rolling interviews is so that some interview days don't get filled up I think, so there should be sufficient time for the first batch to respond and then let the second batch respond. That way, they can make sure certain dates dont get overbooked. At least, I think that's what's going on.

I haven't heard anything back from them yet(SAD REAX ONLY) but is it possible if I want to send them some updates of this semester? Like I think for general application to Medical schools, some of them do accept updates about EC/Work/School Work etc. So I am wondering if Flexmed is the same.
I don't know if they take pre interview updates, but they definitely take post interview ones.

No but I'm guessing they would have to wait for a while before sending the second batch. Part of the reason for doing rolling interviews is so that some interview days don't get filled up I think, so there should be sufficient time for the first batch to respond and then let the second batch respond. That way, they can make sure certain dates don't get overbooked. At least, I think that's what's going on.
Oh, that makes sense. I guess they are going to monitor the slots and see how many students take slots. Hopefully, they will send out the second batch soon. If any of the accepted students want to check and see how many interview slots are left and tell us, that would be amazing.

Can someone please tell me what the word count for the essays was when you applied?