Hchou17

2+ Year Member
May 22, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
I haven't heard anything back from them yet(SAD REAX ONLY) but is it possible if I want to send them some updates of this semester? Like I think for general application to Medical schools, some of them do accept updates about EC/Work/School Work etc. So I am wondering if Flexmed is the same.
I don't know if they take pre interview updates, but they definitely take post interview ones.

Reactions: 1 user
Mar 3, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
No but I'm guessing they would have to wait for a while before sending the second batch. Part of the reason for doing rolling interviews is so that some interview days don't get filled up I think, so there should be sufficient time for the first batch to respond and then let the second batch respond. That way, they can make sure certain dates don't get overbooked. At least, I think that's what's going on.
Oh, that makes sense. I guess they are going to monitor the slots and see how many students take slots. Hopefully, they will send out the second batch soon. If any of the accepted students want to check and see how many interview slots are left and tell us, that would be amazing.

About the Ads

NALOL>>EU

2+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2018
When you guys contact them, did you call them or send them an email? Just wondering because I tried to send them an email but it has been two days without any reply lol

Jan 23, 2019
When you guys contact them, did you call them or send them an email? Just wondering because I tried to send them an email but it has been two days without any reply lol
Honestly, there are probably bombarded with emails and dealing with 800+ applications I'm sure is stressful for them as well. I think calling may be a better option because then you're at least guaranteed to reach another human being who works at admissions. However, I haven't done either of the two so not really qualified to say anything.

Reactions: 2 users

NALOL>>EU

2+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2018
Honestly, there are probably bombarded with emails and dealing with 800+ applications I'm sure is stressful for them as well. I think calling may be a better option because then you're at least guaranteed to reach another human being who works at admissions. However, I haven't done either of the two so not really qualified to say anything.
I think you are absolutely correct on how busy they are. Thanks!

Mar 3, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
From last years thread, it seems like there was only one batch of interview invites sooo. I guess that means all of the rest of us are going to be rejected :(. It has been real. MCAT here we comee.

NALOL>>EU

2+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2018
From last years thread, it seems like there was only one batch of interview invites sooo. I guess that means all of the rest of us are going to be rejected :(. It has been real. MCAT here we comee.
Looking forward to the rejection. I just hate admission process in which you have to wait without any sure information and nothing is clear until you finally get some kind of notification after months. I really wish they can make the process clearer to the applicants, like sending us a specific date to expect, etc. But I guess just stay positive for now, after all Mount Sinai is for sure not the only choice and there is still chance. Cheer up guys! And wish you best of luck for those who got interview invites already!

Mar 3, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Looking forward to the rejection. I just hate admission process in which you have to wait without any sure information and nothing is clear until you finally get some kind of notification after months. I really wish they can make the process clearer to the applicants, like sending us a specific date to expect, etc. But I guess just stay positive for now, after all Mount Sinai is for sure not the only choice and there is still chance. Cheer up guys! And wish you best of luck for those who got interview invites already!
We are all sophomores this would have been nice and it would have been great to really flex my flex factor. But to be honest, I'm almost done only have physics and biochem left. So whatever Harvard, Yale, U Penn here I come, regular cycle.

About the Ads
Mar 8, 2019
Do you guys think that no more invites coming up???
Hmm. More options and more choices looks like.
Didn't get anything in my email .did anybody else sent them any emails

Reactions: 1 users

dontknowifimpremed

2+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
When do we get back an email w denials? Didn’t they say when someone called that the invitations are rolled out?

Jan 9, 2019
When do we get back an email w denials? Didn’t they say when someone called that the invitations are rolled out?
When I called the day after the first round of interview invites they did say that interviews are rolled out. They also said that last year but there was only one day on SDN that people said they got invites. That could be because they weren't really rolled, or it could be because nobody on SDN received an invite in those later rounds. Your guess is as good as mine as to what the reality was/what the reality will be this year! Honestly, I have absolutely no idea and everyone else will also be just guessing based on old threads so unless somebody has inside information we're all pretty much in the dark. Which stinks! But waiting is probably all we can do at this point. Last year people didn't get official rejections until about March 27/28.

IAMREADY1*

2+ Year Member
May 5, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
To modify my original question: did anyone get an interview that lives in the New England area?

Mar 11, 2019
I would imagine that they will not send out second rounds until most people from the first round have accepted. Slots are filling up, though.

About the Ads

QueenD

2+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Y’all I don’t think the person meant it literally. Just that the amount on here is around 4. Cause I can definitely tell you more than 4 heard back.

Mar 8, 2019
Sorry for confusion.i meant I could see approx four or five people on this page posting that they got interviews

D

deleted947805

So I need to submit a committee letter as a recommendation if my school has a premed committee, or can I just submit letters of rec from various teachers?

dontknowifimpremed

2+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Does anyone know or received an email/phone call about when the rest of us will hear from them? Whether it be denial or an interview.

About the Ads
Mar 18, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
An interview request was received today, so there's still hope...

Mar 18, 2019
fyi received an invite on sunday at 8:33 pm. Was not expected but ig it shows that they are sent on a rolling basis after all. Best of luck to all still waiting :)

LegacyMaker

2+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
For those that got accepted on Sunday could you let us know when you applied? I want to see how far ahead in the review process the admissions officers are in.

Hchou17

2+ Year Member
May 22, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
I don't think they give out invites based on the order of submission, since last year I got mine on the first day and submitted it 1-2 days before the deadline.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads