This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted four rec letters for two reasons: one, in case a recommender forgot, I covered myself; two, I picked two recs from high school who knew me well and two recs from college who knew me well to present a well-rounded profile.

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Any rejections today? According to last years time frame today should be the day of mass rejection...

I am patiently waiting for my rejection, but still have a glimpse of hope... I wish all decisions were just sent out on the same date

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Best advice I was given about the whole process was to forget about it... yet I am still lurking on the SDN site website for any incoming news haha

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
To the people who got rejected, remember that you at least tried. Good luck on being successful traditional premeds.

No, but I also applied. I'm out of state though, so not sure when interviews would be sent out.

Can anyone please tell me what the SAT cutoff for UF honors program is?

Rejected. 3.9 gpa undergrad. 4.0 highschool and 32 ACT. In a prestegious honours program in NYC.

Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement. I was quite upset to receive the rejection, but you are right - rejection is not a reflection of one's qualifications as an applicant.

Reactions: 3 users
Also rejected -- 3.9 at a non-HYP ivy, straight A's all 4 years of HS, and 34 ACT. I'm studying biology in college and my flex was really strongly shown in my extracurriculars throughout HS and college but I had trouble with one of the essays (accomplishment) and I don't know how my recs were. Good luck to anyone with an interview! I'm sure you'll be awesome :)

Can I ask if you’re a minority and what your college major is?

Can anyone please tell me what the SAT cutoff for UF honors program is?
Not sure about the SAT requirement but it was a 3.7 science GPA for an interview from what I was told (obviously assuming everything else like recs and essays were what they were looking for and checked out as ok) .

People who got interview invites, can you please tell me what things made your application unique, and how your rec letters played a huge role in your invitation?

People who got interview invites, can you please tell me what things made your application unique, and how your rec letters played a huge role in your invitation?

No one will know about the rec letters and what was in them since it is supposed to be confidential.

Unless they didn't waive the right to see and peaked

Hmm I haven't received a rejection or invite. Feel like I will be rejected soon.

4.0 high school (with 20 ap classes)
4.0 college
1600/1600 sat 35 act
Started my own nonprofit that has grown to 500 members, have a business that is profitable, president of academic honor society, interned at Google freshman summer and at CSIS, a prominent policy think tank in washington DC this past fall. Also have 2 science publications as first author.

I thought I had a really solid resume with an amazing flexmed plan with good essays. Can't say for sure what my letters were like but I have a good relationship with all of them as research mentors. They all think highly of me and are proud of my accomplishments (I think)!

I truly don't know what I could have done better even if I had a chance to start my life over. Objectively speaking without trying to be bragging, I really thought I had a chance to be picked.

So to answer your question @Platinumabi, I have no freaking clue.

Last edited:
Hmm I haven't received a rejection or invite. Feel like I will be rejected soon.

4.0 high school (with 20 ap classes)
4.0 college
1600/1600 sat 35 act
Started my own nonprofit that has grown to 500 members, have a business that is profitable, president of academic honor society, interned at Google freshman summer and at CSIS, a prominent policy think tank in washington DC this past fall. Also have 2 science publications as first author.

I thought I had a really solid resume with an amazing flexmed plan with good essays. Can't say for sure what my letters were like but I have a good relationship with all of them as research mentors. They all think highly of me and are proud of my accomplishments (I think)!

I truly don't know what I could have done better even if I had a chance to start my life over. Objectively speaking without trying to be bragging, I really thought I had a chance to be picked.

So to answer your question @Platinumabi, I have no freaking clue.
what college/type do you attend? Also, as someone who got an interview, contrasting my app and yours, I don't see anything that shows commitment to medicine or a compelling "exposure to human illness" as Sinai refers to it. Most people who get interviewed have served huge numbers of hours in a deeply medical capacity. Of course, i don't know that you haven't, but it's not one of the things you mentioned here.

what college/type do you attend? Also, as someone who got an interview, contrasting my app and yours, I don't see anything that shows commitment to medicine or a compelling "exposure to human illness" as Sinai refers to it. Most people who get interviewed have served huge numbers of hours in a deeply medical capacity. Of course, i don't know that you haven't, but it's not one of the things you mentioned here.
Ahh forgot to mention that I guess.
400 hours of hospital volunteering, the nonprofit I made was actually to help doctors serving the prison population, around 100 hours of shadowing, (I think 70 when I applied but don't remember).

I was just trying to think of all the things that might make my application stand out, since that was what platinumabi was asking. But yeah, I thought I did a lot of volunteering (more than a lot) and was involved in medicine a lot but idk if maybe I underselled that portion, although I did mention it in my acitvities section.

Ahh forgot to mention that I guess.
400 hours of hospital volunteering, the nonprofit I made was actually to help doctors serving the prison population, around 100 hours of shadowing, (I think 70 when I applied but don't remember).
yea I don't know what to tell you then. I had a very similar resume and a startup oriented flex, but am from a non HYP ivy (which I think carries the same level of prestige as Uchicago). Also, you should probably look into your situation as far as not being invited or rejected yet! I would make sure your app was completely received!

yea I don't know what to tell you then. I had a very similar resume and a startup oriented flex, but am from a non HYP ivy (which I think carries the same level of prestige as Uchicago). Also, you should probably look into your situation as far as not being invited or rejected yet! I would make sure your app was completely received!
yeah good idea thanks! Maybe my app has some missing parts, since I do feel like I have a pretty good resume with really good numbers and it's weird that I haven't gotten either an invitation or rejection.

It honestly could be that they just didn't like my writing skills or something about my application didn't sit well with them, although I hope that's not the case. Anyways, congrats on getting an interview! I sincerely really hope you do well.

I have decided not to apply after reading your comments. I am no where near y’all. Good luck, everyone.

For those of you who were rejected, I applied to schools and was rejected a crap ton of times this cycle. A lot of you seem understandably down about not making it to the interview process, but the fact that you were together enough to apply to medical school as a sophomore in college just shows how truly amazing and motivated you all are! At the start of my sophomore year, I had gotten multiple C's, done no extracurricular activities at all (not an exaggeration), and had no idea about the process of applying to med school or that FlexMed even existed. It's hard to see you guys going through impostor syndrome right now, but this is actually going to be EXCELLENT for when you apply to a bunch of other schools (even including Sinai) in the next few years. Obviously, it would have been preferable to get in now I'm sure, but I just wanted to remind you guys that you're some of the most driven and intelligent people in the country, and no number of rejections or impostor syndrome should convince you otherwise!

Reactions: 1 users
I have decided not to apply after reading your comments. I am no where near y’all. Good luck, everyone.

Hey, don't let anyone's comment discourage you! I didn't have nearly as impressive as some of the above comments and I still got an interview. If you strongly believe this program is what you're looking for flexibility in undergrad in pursuing your passion and if the school fits I encourage you to apply!

Hey, don't let anyone's comment discourage you! I didn't have nearly as impressive as some of the above comments and I still got an interview. If you strongly believe this program is what you're looking for flexibility in undergrad in pursuing your passion and if the school fits I encourage you to apply!
Agree w @QueenD 100%. Sorry, my comment was not meant to discourage you or anyone from applying. I was simply stating my resume to show that even what may be considered amazing stats can fail to get an interview. I've had conversations with several who were invited to interview with a much less impressive profile. They had something that I didn't, so I encourage you to put your best foot forward and still apply.

Agree w @QueenD 100%. Sorry, my comment was not meant to discourage you or anyone from applying. I was simply stating my resume to show that even what may be considered amazing stats can fail to get an interview. I've had conversations with several who were invited to interview with a much less impressive profile. They had something that I didn't, so I encourage you to put your best foot forward and still apply.

What do you think is something they have that you don’t have? I want to know if I also have that quality or not. It will help me better in deciding whether I should apply or not.

What do you think is something they have that you don’t have? I want to know if I also have that quality or not. It will help me better in deciding whether I should apply or not.
Flexmed I believe represents individuals who have a unique resume and reason to circumvent the traditional medschool route. I can tell you my reason thru PM, but if you think you constitute that mold do it.

Flexmed I believe represents individuals who have a unique resume and reason to circumvent the traditional medschool route. I can tell you my reason thru PM, but if you think you constitute that mold do it.

Hey! For some reason, I cannot start a conversation with you. Do you mind you PMing me?

Hey! For some reason, I cannot start a conversation with you. Do you mind you PMing me?
Seems to be your contact side or maybe just our combined amateur skills with the website. Rest assured that if the minimum score requirements are met the student is in contention based on flex and their essays/activities. I might have the opportunity to do something I really love thru this program and I think that showed in the essay whixh might be hard to replicate if you’re faking it.

Seems to be your contact side or maybe just our combined amateur skills with the website. Rest assured that if the minimum score requirements are met the student is in contention based on flex and their essays/activities. I might have the opportunity to do something I really love thru this program and I think that showed in the essay whixh might be hard to replicate if you’re faking it.

I really wish I could PM you so that you can see what my FlexFactor is and see if it is really worth the shot. I am not trying to copy anyone or fake anything. I just wanted to compare the strength of my flex factor compared to other applicants. But thank you for the insight. I think my flexfactor is strong enough. :)

Reactions: 1 users
I really wish I could PM you so that you can see what my FlexFactor is and see if it is really worth the shot. I am not trying to copy anyone or fake anything. I just wanted to compare the strength of my flex factor compared to other applicants. But thank you for the insight. I think my flexfactor is strong enough. :)
Click on my profile and follow me I should be able to DM you after that!

Interviews are between March and early April, but it's already the first week of April.

Any one hear back from UF MHP yet?

Definitely reach out to them (call admissions) for any questions. Also it always confuses me why no one starts just a separate thread for that program. Is there something preventing people from doing that?