Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all so I am getting suspended from college for a year for a really dumb cheating incident that occurred back when I was a freshman. I won't serve my punishment until after my sophomore year because I was fighting the case. During that time I will be joining the Army National Guard as a medic that year to get my life back on track and for other reasons before coming back and finishing my degree. Once I finished my degree (business administration major with healthcare administration minor if that matters), the suspension will not be on my official transcript anymore. What should I do to make me a more attractive candidate for med school? My GPA isn't that great either for some other dumb reasons, but being a doctor is my dream. It is the only profession that I can see myself ever doing and I am not giving up on it. Should I even bother mentioning the fact that I was suspended on my application? By then it would been like 4 since that incident (2 years since I came back from the suspension) and I have already learned a lot since that incident. I regret my dumb decision so much, but I am worried about how that'll affect my med school application. Should I not mention it and hope that they don't find out? Or should I just be honest about it and explain everything to them and how much I have grown since then? How much do you all think that'll affect my acceptance chances too? And what else can I do to improve my chances? I'm thinking about getting a masters in health policy/administration (my school offers progressive masters degrees) as well if that'll help
Thanks so much for the help.
tl;dr I messed up pretty badly that led to a year long suspension. I am joining the Army to figure stuff out. Should I even mention that on my app? (it isn't on my transcript) And how will that affect my chances? Thanks!
Thanks so much for the help.
tl;dr I messed up pretty badly that led to a year long suspension. I am joining the Army to figure stuff out. Should I even mention that on my app? (it isn't on my transcript) And how will that affect my chances? Thanks!