Funny quotes from "less informed" premeds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
met a girl who claimed she was going to major in neurology at our state medical school, she's only a sophomore *face palm*


At the open house for my top choice med school, they head of admissions was giving a speech about what she likes to see in the interview and she said it's best if you come in knowing what specialty you want to go into because that let's them know you really want to go into medicine 😱... which freaked me out because I was pretty pumped to simply know that I want to go to medicine period while other people are still changing their major every few weeks. Makes me happy to hear someone else say that as a sophomore, we shouldn't yet know what specialty we're going into.
 
At the open house for my top choice med school, they head of admissions was giving a speech about what she likes to see in the interview and she said it's best if you come in knowing what specialty you want to go into because that let's them know you really want to go into medicine 😱... which freaked me out because I was pretty pumped to simply know that I want to go to medicine period while other people are still changing their major every few weeks. Makes me happy to hear someone else say that as a sophomore, we shouldn't yet know what specialty we're going into.

We should, however, have some idea of who we are and what we like in life.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"I am still going to be a Pediatrician but I HATE Biology (she failed her intro to bio course), so I am just going to change my major to Child Development and not take any more Bio classes, it is basically all you need to know anyway"

SAME GIRL

"I figure I'll start shadowing my Senior year, you only need a couple hours anyway"
 
"I'm only applying for the careibean because I think it would be pretty to study there! "


Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app please excuse punctuation and spelling
 
At the open house for my top choice med school, they head of admissions was giving a speech about what she likes to see in the interview and she said it's best if you come in knowing what specialty you want to go into because that let's them know you really want to go into medicine 😱... which freaked me out because I was pretty pumped to simply know that I want to go to medicine period while other people are still changing their major every few weeks. Makes me happy to hear someone else say that as a sophomore, we shouldn't yet know what specialty we're going into.
as a sophomore you dont need to know quite yet, but it is never too early to know what specialties you like

I would avoid going into third year with absolutely no idea what you want to go into thinking that you'll figure it out then
 
"I'm only applying for the careibean because I think it would be pretty to study there! "


Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app please excuse punctuation and spelling

Haha, most people would probably believe this person. I'm sure there are plenty of US MD schools that have just as beautiful locations, i.e. Florida etc.
 
Haha, most people would probably believe this person. I'm sure there are plenty of US MD schools that have just as beautiful locations, i.e. Florida etc.
After living in the Southeast for as long as I have being from Cali, I'd rather eat a poop hot dog than matriculate somewhere with worse humidity. Okay, maybe more like a tang sandwich than a poop hot dog, but point driven nonetheless.
 
...And I just finished the entirety of this thread. This stuff cracks me up. Fortunately I haven't committed such a gaffe or displayed such a lack of knowledge, yet; nor have I met someone who has said something quite as ridiculous. Maybe that's due to spending the last 3 years lurking SDN? I also go to a CC right now where most people that I have met don't have the goal of becoming a physician.

Thanks for the lulz, though!
 
After living in the Southeast for as long as I have being from Cali, I'd rather eat a poop hot dog than matriculate somewhere with worse humidity. Okay, maybe more like a tang sandwich than a poop hot dog, but point driven nonetheless.

I grew up in Florida (Tallahassee). I would not move back there unless it was for some extremely unfortunate circumstance. The weather is atrocious.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me: "So what's your major?"
Premed: "I'm majoring in premed."

This. Definitely this. Every time I hear this I'm like 😎. I guess some people just don't think about it, but pre-med (at least at my school) isn't a major.

We were introducing ourselves on the first day of one of my classes. I stand up and say "I'm majoring in microbiology. Two or three kids later, a dude stands up and says "My major is microbiology, pre-med." :smack: Honestly, I don't know why it wrinkles my pantaloons so much.
 
This. Definitely this. Every time I hear this I'm like 😎. I guess some people just don't think about it, but pre-med (at least at my school) isn't a major.

We were introducing ourselves on the first day of one of my classes. I stand up and say "I'm majoring in microbiology. Two or three kids later, a dude stands up and says "My major is microbiology, pre-med." :smack: Honestly, I don't know why it wrinkles my pantaloons so much.

Meh, I'd just ignore it. Why do you really care? Keep in mind, too, that some people may not be pursuing a degree and may literally be majoring in "pre-med" (e.g., those getting a 2nd bachelors, retaking classes to apply, in a guaranteed admission program, etc.). I never quite got why people on SDN get their panties in such a bunch over this.
 
I sit in a government class next to a girl whose major is "premed." She acts so hard, yet she failed the midterm. 😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
only if you don't know how to work a coat hanger or there are no convenient hiding places near staircases :shrug:
images


Hahaha, if only a huge bunch of us could meet up for drinks one night. It'd be
images
 
I think the funniest thing I heard was when I was driving home and listening to the radio.

Announcer: "you must be in college"
premed girl: "yes"
Announcer: "what's your major?"
premed girl: "premed in neonatology"
Announcer: "wow, you're going to be making a lot of money someday"
premed girl: *giggles*
me: 😕:smack:
 
I think the funniest thing I heard was when I was driving home and listening to the radio.

Announcer: "you must be in college"
premed girl: "yes"
Announcer: "what's your major?"
premed girl: "premed in neonatology"
Announcer: "wow, you're going to be making a lot of money someday"
premed girl: *giggles*
me: 😕:smack:
Those emoticons are definitely what I would be like if I heard this, lol.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.