Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Future DVMs- C/O 2021!
Started by lhmhtd
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes, you do.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck with that. I think we might all need a support group soon.
Anyone know how long it takes for GRE scores sent to schools to go from "pending" on ETS to received by VMCAS? I ordered some yesterday, and one of my schools needs it in VMCAS by Sept. 15 which is making me nervous...
Isn't it such a good feeling?🙂
For all the work that went in I was really hoping for a fireworks display when I pressed "submit" but I guess being done with it is reward enough 😉 😉
Anyone know how long it takes for GRE scores sent to schools to go from "pending" on ETS to received by VMCAS? I ordered some yesterday, and one of my schools needs it in VMCAS by Sept. 15 which is making me nervous...
I ordered mine when I took my test, so it may be a little different (sounds like you ordered it from ETS after your scores were already in?). I took the test on 7/23 and my score report was first available for me to view on 08/05 - I went into VMCAS the next day and it had already been received and updated as an official score, so it seems like it was within 24 hours for me by the time the score report was actually sent.
I don't know if there's anything manual involved at VMCAS that might delay them since they are in a more high-traffic time but I don't think it takes a long time.
For all the work that went in I was really hoping for a fireworks display when I pressed "submit" but I guess being done with it is reward enough 😉 😉
Petition to force VMCAS to have a fireworks display Solitaire style once you submit. Cause I deserve some dang fireworks!
Last edited:
Got the verification email this morning! Woo! That helps! Now only 4 1/2 more supplemental essays to finish. (VA MD and NCSU)
Got the verification email this morning! Woo! That helps! Now only 4 1/2 more supplemental essays to finish. (VA MD and NCSU)
Congrats!! Do you know what date they started the verification process? I just submitted Sunday night and know the process is probably a little longer since it's a high traffic time, just curious how long yours took 🙂
Congrats!! Do you know what date they started the verification process? I just submitted Sunday night and know the process is probably a little longer since it's a high traffic time, just curious how long yours took 🙂
Of course! I applied to 5 schools, I submitted my application to 4/5 on 8/25, and I sent in my last application late last night!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
We're waiting together! I'm guessing since we both submitted over the weekend we'll have a similar wait 🙂
I'm torn between 'no one is going to care about these recitals you went to!' and I'm afraid the more relevant things will get lost in the chatter.
Ahhh I just want this to be submitted and done with so I can fucus on other things!
Now I'm second guessing everything. I also have over 30 awards and honors. Should I try to condense there too? The majority of them are different awards for writing, but they were specific awards so I didn't list them together originally. Plus I feel all special to have so many.
My advice is to not let your experiences and achievements get bogged down by so much 'stuff' that they don't read much of it. You want to have everything be as concise as possible so that they actually WILL read them. I have a ton of experiences and achievements I am not listing because it does not matter to include all of them. You want to include the most important ones.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What schools offer early admissions/ early interviews?
Wait, you mean you didn't get fireworks?! Must have been a glitch.😉For all the work that went in I was really hoping for a fireworks display when I pressed "submit" but I guess being done with it is reward enough 😉 😉
Once you apply to one school, the verification for any others is pretty quick. I submitted for 4/5 of my schools on July 29th and submitted a final one this morning. The last one was verified already and my app sent this afternoon.Of course! I applied to 5 schools, I submitted my application to 4/5 on 8/25, and I sent in my last application late last night!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Midwestern and LMU come to mindWhat schools offer early admissions/ early interviews?
Anyone know how long it takes for GRE scores sent to schools to go from "pending" on ETS to received by VMCAS? I ordered some yesterday, and one of my schools needs it in VMCAS by Sept. 15 which is making me nervous...
No long at all...my schools with VMCAS codes took a day or two at most
Verified! I submitted on the 1st so it didn't take long at all. Now I just have to sort out my GRE mess - I'm pretty sure they just didn't send 2 of them, or they sent duplicates to 3 schools and just forgot the last 2 grrrrr
I looked over my GPA calculations - do schools just pick which ones out of these that they care about?
I looked over my GPA calculations - do schools just pick which ones out of these that they care about?
On a completely unrelated note...I have an Ochem test tomorrow [emoji52][emoji15][emoji27][emoji30][emoji107][emoji1317]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Verified! I submitted on the 1st so it didn't take long at all. Now I just have to sort out my GRE mess - I'm pretty sure they just didn't send 2 of them, or they sent duplicates to 3 schools and just forgot the last 2 grrrrr
I looked over my GPA calculations - do schools just pick which ones out of these that they care about?
🙁 I submitted the 26th. But I'm guessing I wasn't in line for verification until the 1st or 2nd because of the issue they had with it not moving forward to verifying. Hopefully, I'm soon.
it took mine 6 days to appear received on VMCAS.Anyone know how long it takes for GRE scores sent to schools to go from "pending" on ETS to received by VMCAS? I ordered some yesterday, and one of my schools needs it in VMCAS by Sept. 15 which is making me nervous...
What schools offer early admissions/ early interviews?
The ones that are desperate for good applicants.
What are you guys doing about the standardized test section for GRE scores since it is optional? Does anyone know if schools care whether or not we write them in there?
The only school I specifically asked about it (Ohio State) told me they didn't care if I put them in or not because they only looked at the official scores you choose to send from ETS.
"they are all aware of these issues and *may* extend their GRE deadline"
For some reason I laughed really hard at this haha (from the latest VMCAS email)
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
For some reason I laughed really hard at this haha (from the latest VMCAS email)
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
What are you guys doing about the standardized test section for GRE scores since it is optional? Does anyone know if schools care whether or not we write them in there?
Did VMCAS receive your official score report for GRE? If so, just FYI that writing it in will appear redundant on your printed application. I wrote in my GRE score to be thorough, but when I printed my application I realized they literally put my official score right above what I manually entered (picture attached). I don't think it will hurt to enter it, but just a heads up that this is what it will look like.
"they are all aware of these issues and *may* extend their GRE deadline"
For some reason I laughed really hard at this haha (from the latest VMCAS email)
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I laughed at this too, mostly because I heard from the only school I'm applying to yesterday and they are *not* extending the deadline at this point. Just goes to show that checking with the individual school is probably the best call!
Attachments
"they are all aware of these issues and *may* extend their GRE deadline"
For some reason I laughed really hard at this haha (from the latest VMCAS email)
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Uga isn't :/
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did VMCAS receive your official score report for GRE? If so, just FYI that writing it in will appear redundant on your printed application. I wrote in my GRE score to be thorough, but when I printed my application I realized they literally put my official score right above what I manually entered (picture attached). I don't think it will hurt to enter it, but just a heads up that this is what it will look like.
I laughed at this too, mostly because I heard from the only school I'm applying to yesterday and they are *not* extending the deadline at this point. Just goes to show that checking with the individual school is probably the best call!
It's just kinda frustrating to me at least. Like I understand that deadlines exist for a reason and that it's not their fault that ETS crapped out. But it's not our fault either. I took the GRE twice. Once in March and once last Saturday. If they refuse to accept last Saturday's scores because they'll probably be late, at least I'll have March's scores. Nothing I can do.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
It's just kinda frustrating to me at least. Like I understand that deadlines exist for a reason and that it's not their fault that ETS crapped out. But it's not our fault either. I took the GRE twice. Once in March and once last Saturday. If they refuse to accept last Saturday's scores because they'll probably be late, at least I'll have March's scores. Nothing I can do.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Same I retook it 2 weeks ago and those are my best scores. They are still "pending" on the GRE site. I'm trying to stay hopeful that they'll get there in time
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Ok state wants all materials submitted by 9/15, but wants the GRE received by VMCAS by 10/15, which is nice!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
@cdoconn and @Wyatt'sAunt0903 sending you both good vibes for fast turn-around! I would think that once they get their selves together, GRE might expedite some things just to help from a marketing standpoint for their own reputation. I'll cross my fingers for you though 🙂.
Last edited:
@cdoconn and @Wyatt'sAunt0903 sending you both good vibes for fast turn-around!
Thank you! It's weird being so worried about this, but still needing to finish supplementals
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
@cdoconn I just checked on the GRE site again and mine have been reported. I'll keep you updated on when VMCAS marks them as received. Hopefully it won't be too much longer for yours
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
@cdoconn I just checked on the GRE site again and mine have been reported. I'll keep you updated on when VMCAS marks them as received. Hopefully it won't be too much longer for yours
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
That's good! I'm glad! Yours will definitely arrive in time! Let me know when it does!
(I wish I could bribe ETS to expedite my essay grading process- I'd willingly give $100 to be done with this!)
Same I retook it 2 weeks ago and those are my best scores. They are still "pending" on the GRE site. I'm trying to stay hopeful that they'll get there in time
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
MINE HAVE SAID THAT THEY ARE PENDING FOR A MONTH AHGHGGHG.
Stupid ETS. They're receiving an angry phone call for me in the next few minutes.
That's good! I'm glad! Yours will definitely arrive in time! Let me know when it does!
(I wish I could bribe ETS to expedite my essay grading process- I'd willingly give $100 to be done with this!)
I didn't do the essays cuz I was happy with my score the first time I took it. I guess that's why mine didn't take that long
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
MINE HAVE SAID THAT THEY ARE PENDING FOR A MONTH AHGHGGHG.
Stupid ETS. They're receiving an angry phone call for me in the next few minutes.
Do it! Do it!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I didn't do the essays cuz I was happy with my score the first time I took it. I guess that's why mine didn't take that long
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I didn't realize that not doing the essays was an option! Oh well- I had good prompts so I wasn't upset
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I didn't realize that not doing the essays was an option! Oh well- I had good prompts so I wasn't upset
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I think it depends on the schools. Uga will take your highest score out of all attempts
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
So weird. I submitted a score report for Cornell (I already sent reports for my other schools a month ago...) and had no issues.MINE HAVE SAID THAT THEY ARE PENDING FOR A MONTH AHGHGGHG.
Stupid ETS. They're receiving an angry phone call for me in the next few minutes.
I've had a couple schools email me and say they are aware of the ETS issues and would work with me if there's an issue, so try not to worry too much!Same I retook it 2 weeks ago and those are my best scores. They are still "pending" on the GRE site. I'm trying to stay hopeful that they'll get there in time
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So weird. I submitted a score report for Cornell (I already sent reports for my other schools a month ago...) and had no issues.
I think ETS screwed mine up specifically and not in a way that's related to their technical difficulties. They sent duplicate scores to 3/5 of my schools and didn't send any to 2 of them, and on the ETS website all my scores are listed as being sent 3 times to all schools, with 1 time listed as pending for each. I'm always super careful when I buy stuff online and I don't press the send button multiple times or refresh or anything. I don't know what happened.
I had scores sent from two tests to 4 schools so there should have been 8 total and VMCAS ended up with 13 reports. Thankfully they managed to send at least one of each test to each school.I think ETS screwed mine up specifically and not in a way that's related to their technical difficulties. They sent duplicate scores to 3/5 of my schools and didn't send any to 2 of them, and on the ETS website all my scores are listed as being sent 3 times to all schools, with 1 time listed as pending for each. I'm always super careful when I buy stuff online and I don't press the send button multiple times or refresh or anything. I don't know what happened.
I'm only applying to one school but my scores are in duplicates too
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I wish they would verify me. Its making me nervous.
I think ETS screwed mine up specifically and not in a way that's related to their technical difficulties. They sent duplicate scores to 3/5 of my schools and didn't send any to 2 of them, and on the ETS website all my scores are listed as being sent 3 times to all schools, with 1 time listed as pending for each. I'm always super careful when I buy stuff online and I don't press the send button multiple times or refresh or anything. I don't know what happened.
I had scores sent from two tests to 4 schools so there should have been 8 total and VMCAS ended up with 13 reports. Thankfully they managed to send at least one of each test to each school.
I'm only applying to one school but my scores are in duplicates too
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
One of my schools is also listed as a duplicate.