• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

BlueFirez

2+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2017
    Hello, this is my first time posting..I usually lurk but I need some help. Please no trolls or insensitive people.

I went to a DO school and due to difficulties with boards and other personal issues, my education was extended for extra 2 years. So I finally finished it and was able to get my degree, thank God. But now that I have it - what next? I looked for open TRI spots and couldn't find anything available. I was hoping to get into psychiatry residency next year - and I know it will be tough due to have a lot red marks all over my application. So what can I do this year while applying to residency? I already sent my ERAS to some psych programs ( the other 12 seemed to be waiting for a single ACGME accreditation). I was hoping to find something that when interviews come ( I hope ) , that I have something to talk about with what I'm doing with my time. Unfortunately during the two years, it was just a vicious cycle of studying, failing and studying again...I'm so happy to be done, but at the same time I know I have a very weak application. This will now be my 3rd year away from clinical rotation ( unless there is some awesome externship in the NY/NJ area)

1) Should I take Level 3
    2) What type of jobs am I qualified for that does not require extra months of training ( I don't have any research experience other than two published case studies, but I don't think that is enough for the necessary " prior research experience" for research assistant job
    3) What mental health type volunteer opportunities can I find
    4) Am I just screwed? :(

May 11, 2016
    1. Medical Student
      I honestly can't comment on how to move forward with residency for you, but I do remember once upon a time reading a thread on SDN of someone who found some PA programs that accepted his/her med school coursework and allowed him/her to join a PA program, only completing the clinical portion of it (no classroom portion). Maybe look into that? You could practice as a PA, not a physician.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.