GlobetWWotting (a basics game) - Sign Up Thread - CLOSED

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mostly: Performing terribly in Stardew has ignited my "do this better! Do this fifty times until you're better!" mentality
I feel this in my bones for wolfing

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You guys want to know how my first bunch of non-noob games went? I was village in all of them.

Game 1: yeeted D1, forgot to self prez I was so angery about it.
Game 2: came out full of fury from Game 1, villaged as hard as possible, did an excellent job of getting villagers yeeted for the wolves. Turned what should have been a village stomp into a crushing loss. Cried afterward.
Game 3: immediately outed myself as a village PR, NKed N2. Wolf sweep.
Game 4: village actually won this game, but I contributed fairly minimally to that. I think I only voted for 2 wolves the entire game.

Game 5 village also won, but I subbed out D2 for health issues, so.

Don't feel bad. All you nooblets are doing great :biglove:

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
As village I think I’m doing a decent job although most of the wolves I’ve voted for were after rojos and after their cover is blown by PRs. I think I tend to give everyone the benefit of the doubt too much. Although I did make it to endgame twice.

From the wolf experience I had, I realized the things that I did wrong as a wolf, but I also learned what type of fake reasoning/ fake defense makes villagers wolf-read you. Before wolfing, I was super certain that I can just go out there, defend villagers, fake-wolfhunt and I’ll be alright (part of why I defended cubs is that I was sincerely trying to gain a village ally) but it doesn’t work that way- villagers saw through me way more than I had imagined.

So I hope I gained better skills overall for wolfing and for villaging. We’ll see :giggle:

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Stoat pls, don't join the masses in wolfing hate before you've even gotten to try it!
No hate, only fire. I tend to be bored easily and one of the things that motivates me is going frowny-face because I did not get what I wanted to achieve. I need an obstacle before something becomes interesting.

I honestly hated that I had to resort to that
I getchu. I still wanna wolf with you lol we'd make a great wolfpack. For one, I have a weird playstyle so if I'm defensive of one of my noob class it's hopefully less strange.

Members don't see this ad :)
I getchu. I still wanna wolf with you lol we'd make a great wolfpack. For one, I have a weird playstyle so if I'm defensive of one of my noob class it's hopefully less strange.
Yeah! Honestly having a strategy and emergency plan in advance as Wolfpack helps.
I think I could still have defended cubs but without the slips that I’m a wolf hehe.
I was half open wolfing and messing with everyone to cause a distraction after that.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I honestly hated that I had to resort to that
I feel like my village AtE is waaaaay worse than my wolfing AtE so it doesn't usually bother me to imitate it when I'm a wolf (plus sometimes the feels are real anyway)

I am emotional

• Care
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
I'd have to go far far back to confirm but I'm pretty sure I wasn't on the winning team for the first several months that I played :laugh:
And yup, confirmed, I was 0/4 starting out.
Also fun fact, I was the second-highest poster in my noob game, right behind the final wolf who ended up winning it (MJ in his highposting days :cryi: ), and I died less than halfway through the game lol

• Care
  • Love
And yup, confirmed, I was 0/4 starting out.
Also fun fact, I was the second-highest poster in my noob game, right behind the final wolf who ended up winning it (MJ in his highposting days :cryi: ), and I died less than halfway through the game lol
Hmm I think I was high poster in my noob game, but I should finish working on this assignment so I'm not gonna let myself go check right now.

• Care
Game 1: yeeted D1, forgot to self prez I was so angery about it.
Game 2: came out full of fury from Game 1, villaged as hard as possible, did an excellent job of getting villagers yeeted for the wolves. Turned what should have been a village stomp into a crushing loss. Cried afterward.
Game 3: immediately outed myself as a village PR, NKed N2. Wolf sweep.
Game 4: village actually won this game, but I contributed fairly minimally to that. I think I only voted for 2 wolves the entire game.

Game 5 village also won, but I subbed out D2 for health issues, so.
What were games 1, 2 and 3 pls :unsure:

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
I'd have to go far far back to confirm but I'm pretty sure I wasn't on the winning team for the first several months that I played :laugh:
Same. I think I was ~10 months into WW before I was on the winning team. That is, except for my 3p win, but that was less me playing optimally and more the wolves domesticating me.

• Care
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
It's worth noting that while my Game 2 was an entirely soul-crushing experience, it also was the catalyst for 2 of my closest WW-initiated friendships developing, so some good comes out of every game :biglove::biglove:

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Stoat pls, don't join the masses in wolfing hate before you've even gotten to try it!
Yes, wolfing is fun. I love it. I also don’t mind getting caught though, so my wolf win rate is not so good. I think it’s more stressful for people who focus on not getting caught rather than who you can mess with successfully.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Mostly: Performing terribly in Stardew has ignited my "do this better! Do this fifty times until you're better!" mentality
To add to what I said earlier, I think it's being particularly unfair to yourself to say that you performed terribly when StardeWW incorporated multiple mechanics that your noob class had never seen before.

Y'all are doing a great job.

• Care
  • Hmm
Reactions: 7 users
Yes, wolfing is fun. I love it. I also don’t mind getting caught though, so my wolf win rate is not so good. I think it’s more stressful for people who focus on not getting caught rather than who you can mess with successfully.
That’s a good perspective to have!

Ooh, let's do a summary of my games so far:
Noob Game: NK'd a couple days before endgame, presumably because I seered MKG and was slowly realizing she was wolfing. Wolves won.
Speed game: Tbh one of my best showings. Was misyeeted fairly early on but was tied with a wolf and we both died, then village wound up winning (@justafluff). I identified both wolves before I died!
BoWWling: Who's to say how well I might have done with wolfing had alley not decided to track samac that fateful night? I may have been the last wolf standing but I lost the will to live when I realized it was me against, like, six villagers or something. Village won.
StardeWW: I think I played okay in this game until my misyeet. I figured out genny was the cult leader and theorized dubz was a wolf but didn't push either of them that hard. Tunneled hard on both true and bluestoat. Cult won.
I mostly sheeped samac for MarWWel but that was the most successful game I've been apart of for sure.

• Care
OrchWWestra gave you a game to commiserate and comfort people with in the future when they, too, had a disastrous game and needed to know they weren't alone.
Fair point. Echoes from that game somehow got me the choke awward for 3 straight years. You really can't do any worse than that :heckyeah:

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I think the only games i played since the noob game (which i died together with the cult convert) were

Bad Apples (won as 3P and wolf),

Breadsticks (i think i subbed in as village and made it to endgame with village win),

Bioshock (died N8 and forgot to give the funds to shorty :bag::sorry:, village won),

Wizards (i think i subbed here but forgot what happened to me —> think i made it to endgame?),

Madagascar (died N2, wolves won)

HZD (subbed here, died tragically in a yeet, village crushingly destroyed)

Bowling (made it to endgame)

Bioshock (died N8 and forgot to give the funds to shorty :bag::sorry:, village won),
FORGOT
Wizards (i think i subbed here but forgot what happened to me —> think i made it to endgame?),
You did, and village won. I don't remember who you subbed in for, though, maybe MsP?
Heh.

I think the only games i played since the noob game (which i died together with the cult convert) were

Bad Apples (won as 3P and wolf),

Breadsticks (i think i subbed in as village and made it to endgame with village win),

Madagascar (died N2, wolves won)

Bowling (made it to endgame)
That wasn't your noob game, you hack.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
AM pls i had a WW reset and formed close bonds with that generation of WW players :bag::sorry:

The only one i formed close ties back in the initial noob game is Pawsy :bag::sorry:
Wow, I see how it is. MMeat means nothing to you.

• Care
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Oh wait i remember Wizards now. I tried trolling around in endgame and learned never to anger village!AM ever again, so… i realized why i forgot about it soon after :bag::sorry:

• Angry
To add to what I said earlier, I think it's being particularly unfair to yourself to say that you performed terribly when StardeWW incorporated multiple mechanics that your noob class had never seen before.

Y'all are doing a great job.
I know for a fact that I'm going to be quietly Cult-hunting for the next dozen games.

• Haha
One time I randed wolf, made my first post on thread and immediately got yoten for it

So that was fun :laugh:
See, this is why I've been writing my first posts ahead of time. People can wolf read me for it, but at least I'll know that they were just seeing what they wanted to see