GlobetWWotting (a basics game) - Sign Up Thread - CLOSED

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Smcs pls 🤔

1645832356868.png
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There's even cheese and sour cream in here also and it is still far too spicy for me.
I'll give you a plain bowl and you can give me yours please and thanks

(In HS my five core friends loved spicy foods and to me black pepper was spicy, so I ate a pint of jalapenos straight to teach myself to accept spicy flavors. Ever since then I don't really register heat below a habanero)
 
I ate a pint of jalapenos straight to teach myself to accept spicy flavors.
This is known as flooding, and can have two outcomes:
1. Habituation, i.e. you learn to get used to it
2. Sensitization, where you become more sensitive to (in this case) spicy foods because they now are not only inherently unpleasant but also remind you of the highly negative experience.
/dogtrainingbrainout
 
This is known as flooding, and can have two outcomes:
1. Habituation, i.e. you learn to get used to it
2. Sensitization, where you become more sensitive to (in this case) spicy foods because they now are not only inherently unpleasant but also remind you of the highly negative experience.
/dogtrainingbrainout
I like these facts
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad