This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sakura10

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am a double major in Philosophy and Biology (I know they are very different.) My first two years of college I had to work full time because I had to pay for college while I was a full time student too. I did my best to keep my grades up and did well on biology, got A- on both semesters, the problem then came when I started chemistry :( I didn't do well on it and got a C on the first semester, then had to withdraw from chem 2.

That summer after I withdrew I got into SHPEP at Columbia University, where I gained confidence on myself and got the opportunity to learn the basics of organic chemistry and statistics. When I started school on the fall I decided to start working part time, I retook chemistry 2 and got a B-, even-thought it's not a perfect grade I was very proud of myself. Now I am starting orgo next week, very nervous but also very exited to learn and move away from all the math. I am currently a Junior with a 3.45 gpa and two W's on my record, I truly know I want to be a dentist but my grades worry me I feel like I should be doing better when I'm doing my best.

I plan to take the DAT summer of my senior year. Should I be scared of my gpa, is it too low?

Thank you in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Your grades are fine.

Reactions: 1 user
I had 2 Ws and a few Cs and still got acceptances & plenty of interviews with a 3.39GPA. Study hard for the DAT and you will have a good chance

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user