This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blair.jjj

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently graduated from Johns Hopkins with a 3.5 gpa (psychology and anthropology). I would have had a 3.67 if it weren't for one semester during my freshmen year when I lost a family member and left the country for the funeral during my finals period. I have a 1900 SAT score, a 4.2 high school GPA and plenty of research and medical volunteer experience (3.5 years). I can get pretty good recommendations too. I was wondering what you think my chances are for getting into a post-bac program? My number one choice is Goucher but I will be applying to a few other ones (Bryn Mawr, Johns Hopkins, Scripps Tufts, etc.) and am flexible with where I go as long as it's a credible program. Do you recommend I take the GRE? Or is my application decent enough without it? If I should take the GRE what score would make/break my application?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
it depends on the school and the post bac requirements some want only mcat some will take the gre..so take a look at the schools of interest to you and you can go from there..all the best!