This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

blair.jjj

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently graduated from Johns Hopkins with a 3.5 gpa (psychology and anthropology). I would have had a 3.67 if it weren't for one semester during my freshmen year when I lost a family member and left the country for the funeral during my finals period. I have a 1900 SAT score, a 4.2 high school GPA and plenty of research and medical volunteer experience (3.5 years). I can get pretty good recommendations too. I was wondering what you think my chances are for getting into a post-bac program? My number one choice is Goucher but I will be applying to a few other ones (Bryn Mawr, Johns Hopkins, Scripps Tufts, etc.) and am flexible with where I go as long as it's a credible program. Do you recommend I take the GRE? Or is my application decent enough without it? If I should take the GRE what score would make/break my application?

Thank you in advance for your help!!
 
Last edited:
it depends on the school and the post bac requirements some want only mcat some will take the gre..so take a look at the schools of interest to you and you can go from there..all the best!