Greek Mythology WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

And so the war rages on through the night--does anyone actually know who their enemy is?

Clashes of metal, arrows whizzing through the air, thunder claps, and even the occasional fluttering of little wings can be heard until dawn. (There was a one man party going on somewhere, but the sounds of music were drowned out by the rest--sadly, it seems like no one wanted to join him for a good time).

Around midnight, a flash of gold could be seen high up in the clouds. Who could be in it? And where were they going?

Just before dawn, things really got heated, or should I say wet. The Sea God was particularly angry, and jammed his trident down into the sandy floor. A giant surge of water shot up, and a great typhoon engulfed the beaches where many people fought. For a few brief moments, the war was silenced. Everyone, sopping wet, looked around at each other, as if they couldn’t remember why they were fighting.

poseidon.jpg


A small scream could be heard from the shoreline. People turned and looked and realized it was from a water nymph. She quickly dove back into the sea, but people rushed over to see what lay there. To their shock and dismay, they found their brother, Poseidon , GUH, who could use the ocean’s reflections to look at other groups, dead -- strangled around the neck by seaweed, and a fish stuck in his mouth . His trident was nowhere to be seen.

It is a sad, sad day on Mt. Olympus, for they have lost their brother. The seas are black and silent, in mourning.

Avenge!!

Please note, some players may have moved.
Assume all items lost after one night cycle unless told otherwise.
Assume all....afflictions are for one day and night cycle unless otherwise noted.

It is now Day 2. You have until 10 pm EST to lynch someone.

30 Players remain.


Mt Olympus
1 Startingovervet
2 dyachei
4 orcagirl
5 kpowell14
6 ksmi117


Underworld

1 wldlfstdnt
2 Devyn
3 Philliab
4 Orca2011
5 Petpony
6 Emiloo4


Ocean

1 Escalla
2 Thedrjojo
3 Alorsondanse
4 FlimFlamMan
5 Allieh8607
6 Lupin21
7 Jam
8 DVM


Earth

1 cuitlamiztli
3 krist
4 tropictuco
5 NStarz
6 LetitSnow


Tartarus
1 WolfSpeaker
2 FoxHunter
4 swingnsave
5 WTF
6 kaydubs
7 TigerLily 7


The Dead:
GUH-Poseidon
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lynch LIS

Someone shared with me via PM that they learned that LIS' roll ability is to kill someone...and I don't think that can ever be a good guy 😕
 
lynch LIS

Someone shared with me via PM that they learned that LIS' roll ability is to kill someone...and I don't think that can ever be a good guy 😕

htis semes slighttlie 2 eezy. I mean hae u considerd the possiblity that LIS's ROLE (not roll) alows him to kill a bad guy, lik maeby (probs for arrested development reference) there's some bad guys that can only be killed in pacific ways
 
tho if we have nothing better 2 go on I will settle for the LIS lyncheroo, just wanna see if more info cms out first.
 
lynch LIS

Someone shared with me via PM that they learned that LIS' roll ability is to kill someone...and I don't think that can ever be a good guy 😕

In the meme game I had a role that allowed me to kill every night (or every other night). I wasn't a wolf. In fact my role clearly stated that I was a villager. I think there have been other roles like this. Not so convinced this makes him a wolf.
 
In the meme game I had a role that allowed me to kill every night (or every other night). I wasn't a wolf. In fact my role clearly stated that I was a villager. I think there have been other roles like this. Not so convinced this makes him a wolf.

hmm, ok I'll wait and see what he has to say, i just thought it would be odd for a villager to have a killing rolE. (sorry FH normally I'm on the grammar/spelling thing!)
 
🙂
lynch LIS

Someone shared with me via PM that they learned that LIS' roll ability is to kill someone...and I don't think that can ever be a good guy 😕

Not true. In other games a wolf can only be killed by a specific individual. The trick is for them to find that particular wolf for the kill before being killed themselves or having an accident...
 
🙂

Not true. In other games a wolf can only be killed by a specific individual. The trick is for them to find that particular wolf for the kill before being killed themselves or having an accident...

fair enough (although we don't know for sure he's not a wolf...just saying)

unlynch LIS
 
He said he had reason to think electing him would be beneficial to the villagers. Can this be confirmed?
 
🙂

Not true. In other games a wolf can only be killed by a specific individual. The trick is for them to find that particular wolf for the kill before being killed themselves or having an accident...

So in saying this we may give the wolves an advantage. 🙁 Let's hear what LIS has to say and then figure out where to go from there.
 
lynch LIS

Someone shared with me via PM that they learned that LIS' roll ability is to kill someone...and I don't think that can ever be a good guy 😕

That's very ... interesting. But really, who cares. In the end, all that matters is SOV's serious awesomeness.

I mean, I lay around days and nights just thinking about SOV. I want to be near SOV. I want to BE SOV. The sheer manly manliness of SOV's pecs makes me melt from desire.
 
Last edited:
looks like GUH was a pretty good character, sucks that we lost him early...

he was a bit cocky in the Lost game, so this might have been retribution for him getting to big for his britches, I'll have to go back and look to see who he was spurring with.

As far as LIS, as others have said, assassin roles are common for villagers, so I dunno. He is mayor, so any lynch of him would likely be veto'd anyway, so we better know for damn sure we want to lynch him
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
:nod:

Krist is there any way you can get more information from this person about what they learned?
 
Last edited:
As far as LIS, as others have said, assassin roles are common for villagers, so I dunno. He is mayor, so any lynch of him would likely be veto'd anyway, so we better know for damn sure we want to lynch him

As long as you make me a grave rigggggght next to SOV, that's all that matters. Or better yet, maybe he and I can just share one! Sigh.. 😍 We will never be separated!!!
 
That's very ... interesting. But really, who cares. In the end, all that matters is SOV's serious awesomeness.

I mean, I lay around days and nights just thinking about SOV. I want to be near SOV. I want to BE SOV. The sheer manly manliness of SOV's pecs makes me melt from desire.

AHAHAHAHA

that's freaking awesome! I wonder if this is something like a cupid's spell, or if it's related directly to SOV's role. Regardless, this game has already been widely entertaining
 
lynch LIS

Someone shared with me via PM that they learned that LIS' roll ability is to kill someone...and I don't think that can ever be a good guy 😕

That's very ... interesting. Nowhere near as interesting as SOV 🙂love🙂, which makes it kinda boring to talk about.

I can kill on an extremely limited basis. But I'm saving myself for anyone that tries to harm SOV. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

eCCzHzz.jpg


My role has other abilities, too. And I'm using last one of them to protect SOV or bring him closer to MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Most of them are a lot less scary looking than killing, though.

Sniff. Why would that person not share THOSE abilities? They are clearly trying to set me up so that I can't have SOV! KILLLLLLLLLL THEM!!!!!
 
:nod:

Krist is there any way you can get more information from this person about what they learned?

I just asked, but the original PM said that all they knew was LIS had a killing role, nothing about actual role or any other abilities, I have no idea how they found this info (role, item whatever).

Sorry guys, I got excited cause I thought we found a wolf super early on and I guess I forgot about or didn't play in the games with villagers who could kill but it makes sense to me.

and I think the person who looked into LIS was trying to figure out what it is about LIS that made him a good mayor
 
That's very ... interesting. Nowhere near as interesting as SOV 🙂love🙂, which makes it kinda boring to talk about.

I can kill on an extremely limited basis. But I'm saving myself for anyone that tries to harm SOV. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

eCCzHzz.jpg


My role has other abilities, too. And I'm using last one of them to protect SOV or bring him closer to MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Most of them are a lot less scary looking than killing, though.

Sniff. Why would that person not share THOSE abilities? They are clearly trying to set me up so that I can't have SOV! KILLLLLLLLLL THEM!!!!!

hes-just-not-that-into-you-photo.jpg
 
I just asked, but the original PM said that all they knew was LIS had a killing role, nothing about actual role or any other abilities, I have no idea how they found this info (role, item whatever).

Sorry guys, I got excited cause I thought we found a wolf super early on and I guess I forgot about or didn't play in the games with villagers who could kill but it makes sense to me.

and I think the person who looked into LIS was trying to figure out what it is about LIS that made him a good mayor

*I* think that person is probably lying and is trying to separate me from SOV.

Do you know who the person is or was it anonymous? If it was anonymous .... you should have been more suspicious from the get-go.

I know for sure it wasn't SOV. He would never, ever, ever, ever do anything to disappoint me.

SOV! SOV! SOV! I found a picture of us from our younger days, sweetie!

images
 
Sorry guys, I got excited cause I thought we found a wolf super early on and I guess I forgot about or didn't play in the games with villagers who could kill but it makes sense to me.

Sorry...but I'm finding it hard to believe this. You've played in a lot of WW games.... I may be off based, but I don't have a better hunch right now.

So, lynch krist And somebody please investigate LIS tonight.
 
Sorry...but I'm finding it hard to believe this. You've played in a lot of WW games.... I may be off based, but I don't have a better hunch right now.

So, lynch krist And somebody please investigate LIS tonight.

Well. Hopefully I was investigated last night (at least, better than this crap that was supposedly PM'd to krist, which I think came from a wolf). I'm all in favor of investigating me, but let's not spend night after night doing it while we let wolves run around free.

Somebody should investigate SOV. I can't find him and it's making me sad. I miss him SOOOOOO much.
 
looks like GUH was a pretty good character, sucks that we lost him early...

he was a bit cocky in the Lost game, so this might have been retribution for him getting to big for his britches, I'll have to go back and look to see who he was spurring with.

As far as LIS, as others have said, assassin roles are common for villagers, so I dunno. He is mayor, so any lynch of him would likely be veto'd anyway, so we better know for damn sure we want to lynch him

****The Ghost of Poseidon Speaks!****

****I wasn't even in the Lost game... 🙁****
 
This is strange.

Breaking it down.....

It has only been Night 1. If someone investigated LIS Night 1 with either an item or with an ability, why would they tell krist right away?

How could they trust krist when they have only has one night to investigate and it *wasn't* krist?

And why would the information they receive be so limited?
 
I find it odd that someone discovers that LIS has a kill ability and all LIS says is, "Yeah, that is part of my role but it is limited and I have other abilities too" (warning this may not be verbatim but something close to that). In the ghostbusters ww it was discovered that WS had a kill ability and that was enough to go through and completely lynch her and find out that she was a wolf. Basically, I am not sure why everyone is so readily willing to just take LIS' word on this. I am not disagreeing with the fact that villagers have had assassin abilities before I am just not sure that, for me personally, the defense given has been the best. Especially considering that my role has one ability and LIS is claiming to have multiple abilities and a killing role. Is it possible? Yes. Do I think we should lynch him on the fact that he can kill alone? I don't know, I haven't decided yet.

Anyway, I think someone blocked me last night based on the PM the mods sent me.
 
Sorry...but I'm finding it hard to believe this. You've played in a lot of WW games.... I may be off based, but I don't have a better hunch right now.

So, lynch krist And somebody please investigate LIS tonight.

You are literally the most right person ever. I totally agree with you. I was suspicious from the get go after her post. Are we best frands now? Do you want to get a drink after work tonight? Or maybe a girls night in with wine and movies?

lynchety lynch lynch krist
 
This is strange.

Breaking it down.....

It has only been Night 1. If someone investigated LIS Night 1 with either an item or with an ability, why would they tell krist right away?

How could they trust krist when they have only has one night to investigate and it *wasn't* krist?

And why would the information they receive be so limited?

Honestly, I have shared my role with one other person as of right now. Simply because I can't be around until 3AM trying to defend myself from lynch. So gave them my role, they shared back and hopefully they will at least be able to step up if needed should I be sleeping.

I have also discovered that there are linked roles so it would not be impossible for someone to trust somebody else with information at this point in the game. Just saying.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
*I* think that person is probably lying and is trying to separate me from SOV.

Do you know who the person is or was it anonymous? If it was anonymous .... you should have been more suspicious from the get-go.

I know for sure it wasn't SOV. He would never, ever, ever, ever do anything to disappoint me.

SOV! SOV! SOV! I found a picture of us from our younger days, sweetie!

images

not anonymous (I'm not that dumb 😛 ) but also definitely not a wolf.
 
Sorry...but I'm finding it hard to believe this. You've played in a lot of WW games.... I may be off based, but I don't have a better hunch right now.

So, lynch krist And somebody please investigate LIS tonight.

This is strange.

Breaking it down.....

It has only been Night 1. If someone investigated LIS Night 1 with either an item or with an ability, why would they tell krist right away?

How could they trust krist when they have only has one night to investigate and it *wasn't* krist?

And why would the information they receive be so limited?

You are literally the most right person ever. I totally agree with you. I was suspicious from the get go after her post. Are we best frands now? Do you want to get a drink after work tonight? Or maybe a girls night in with wine and movies?

lynchety lynch lynch krist

I have played several WW games (although not many at all this year with vet school)...I don't remember every detail from every game but I really don't remember any villagers with a killing role (or at least it wasn't a big enough event, or maybe it wasn't used for me to remember) sorry 😕

I really don't think its appropriate this early for me to reveal too many details about my/others' roles if I don't have to...not really a good idea. I understand wanting to know to verify the source, etc but I have told you what I know, so fishing for details is not going to get us anywhere and will only help the wolves.
 
Honestly, I have shared my role with one other person as of right now. Simply because I can't be around until 3AM trying to defend myself from lynch. So gave them my role, they shared back and hopefully they will at least be able to step up if needed should I be sleeping.

I have also discovered that there are linked roles so it would not be impossible for someone to trust somebody else with information at this point in the game. Just saying.

Thank you...there are a lot of possibilities, especially in this game. That's all I want to say for now.

And also, I agree that it's dumb to just blindly trust LIS...yes its possible he could be a villager with a killing role, but he could also definitely be a wolf with a killing ability. Hopefully someone with a more solid ability to investigate actual roles can check him out to make sure
 
Hm, maybe Krist is the wolf, trying to turn us against each other? Anyone else find the fact she doesn't know this insightful PMer suspicious? Or maybe a wolf told her to get us to turn on each other, but if that didn't pan out, turn on Krist? Maybe our wolf isn't Krist but I've got nothing else so far so Linch Kris, I guess?
 
Hm, maybe Krist is the wolf, trying to turn us against each other? Anyone else find the fact she doesn't know this insightful PMer suspicious? Or maybe a wolf told her to get us to turn on each other, but if that didn't pan out, turn on Krist? Maybe our wolf isn't Krist but I've got nothing else so far so Linch Kris, I guess?

she said she did know this PM person, and from the sounds of it, is linked to them or has really good reason to trust they aren't a wolf. I think if anything it is the mods giving out incomplete information or LIS lying to us, and I'd be more likely to believe incomplete information.
 
So in saying this we may give the wolves an advantage. 🙁 Let's hear what LIS has to say and then figure out where to go from there.


Bah, nonsense. I was just think of two other games I've played, not this particular WW. I just didn't want people thinking a kill ability has to be a wolf from inexperience.

Hm, maybe Krist is the wolf, trying to turn us against each other? Anyone else find the fact she doesn't know this insightful PMer suspicious? Or maybe a wolf told her to get us to turn on each other, but if that didn't pan out, turn on Krist? Maybe our wolf isn't Krist but I've got nothing else so far so Linch Kris, I guess?




And that was a slap upside the head with question marks, Tiger!!!! :laugh:
 
My problem is that I now have two people telling me that they are villagers and have a kill ability (one of these being LIS), so how likely is it that we have two villagers that can both kill in some way?

Any comments or ideas on this?
 
My problem is that I now have two people telling me that they are villagers and have a kill ability (one of these being LIS), so how likely is it that we have two villagers that can both kill in some way?

Any comments or ideas on this?

Wouldn't a wolf saying they are a villager with a kill ability be a good excuse if someone finds out they can kill?
 
I don't think krist is a wolf. That'd just be super stupid to frame someone like that so early in the game. Especially someone who just gained an extra ability. I don't think LIS is a wolf either because it'd be real stupid for him to ask to be mayor unless he's unseerable. Which apparently he's not.

I'm unsure about krist's informant. Who says that linked players can't be one non-wolf, one wolf?
 
My problem is that I now have two people telling me that they are villagers and have a kill ability (one of these being LIS), so how likely is it that we have two villagers that can both kill in some way?

Any comments or ideas on this?

It might have to do with the Greek gods just being a violent bunch in general. I don't know.

I would be just as wary of lynching someone just because they can kill as I would of lynching someone just because, let's say, they are found out as a God with a less-than-savory history.

We need to lynch someone. I'm leaning hard towards krist, but I need to think about it some more first.

Either the mods are giving out only part of the information, or the investigation can only uncover part of a role (does not seem legit).

It may either be krist or the source at this point. Krist, do you feel like you can trust who gave you this info? Is their ability limited somehow? That is the only way I can see this working if LIS indeed has multiple actions, which I suspect is true. But a seer ability that can only uncover part of a role?
 
she said she did know this PM person, and from the sounds of it, is linked to them or has really good reason to trust they aren't a wolf. I think if anything it is the mods giving out incomplete information or LIS lying to us, and I'd be more likely to believe incomplete information.

I'm on board with this. Since Krist knows the source (as opposed to it being anonymous), I think it's unlikely a wolf and more likely that the source has partial role-finding ability. Since they threw it out there to get me lynched, it's either a) an inexperienced player who made a poor judgment call, or b) someone with a grudge against me who doesn't really care if I'm a villager or a wolf.

I really had hoped someone would frickin' investigate me to get my ROLE last night. If we have to use Nights 1 *and* 2 on me .... we're behind the game. That said, we need to investigate the 'mayor'. I can't believe nobody got my role last night. Well. Except SOV. He got my role, if you get my drift.... :whistle:

Other more minor points of interest:

There is a chariot in the game. I don't know if it's a protective item (a la 'the car'), if it moves you, or whether you can pick a destination if it moves you. I'm planning on joyriding with SOV in it as soon as I can get my greedy little fingers on it. Hoping he knows a good spot to park. :wink:

I suspect there is a medusa (role, not item) in the game based on an experience I had last night. Fortunately, the medusa's attack totally backfired and, rather than distract me, just revealed to me the latent love that I harbor for my one and only - SOV. For that, Medusa, I thank you. I can't imagine how I've been living in this pit of blackness, not realizing that true love was just across the Internets in a forum.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My problem is that I now have two people telling me that they are villagers and have a kill ability (one of these being LIS), so how likely is it that we have two villagers that can both kill in some way?

Any comments or ideas on this?

I think it's possible. My kill ability is limited and came as an 'upgrade' with being elected Head God. It's entirely possible there was a villager assassin already in the game.

I also think the odds are reasonable that one of us is lying. And I know it's not me.

So... dunno. You'll have to go with your gut.
 
I'm on board with this. Since Krist knows the source (as opposed to it being anonymous), I think it's unlikely a wolf and more likely that the source has partial role-finding ability. Since they threw it out there to get me lynched, it's either a) an inexperienced player who made a poor judgment call, or b) someone with a grudge against me who doesn't really care if I'm a villager or a wolf.

See, that just seems weird to me. I have never been in a game where someone could only find out part of someone's abilities.

Seers that could only see role title and not abilities? Sure.

Seer that could only see abilities and not role title? Sure.

But seer that could not see title and could only see part of the abilities? That just seems woefully underpowered and unlikely.
 
Therefore, what my current working theory is, we have a wolfy seer who investigated LIS, found out everything, and selectively told krist only the kill ability in order to get LIS framed (since he went on about how he would be so beneficial to the villagers if elected).

Then, when LIS is killed and shown to be innocent (which is probable) the wolf seer could be like "Oh noes, I'm so sorry, but all I saw was that the could kill! Not my fault, honest mistake, you would have done the same." and likely would have gotten off scott free since people are so wary of implicating anyone who says they can seer.