Has anyone heard from VMRCVM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lyndaelyzoo,

Just curious, I think you are OOS and coming off the waiting list right? (I am) Do you think that even if you had a great interview you wouldn't get in because you are ranked at the bottom as far as your paper stats? I'm worried that the best I could do is get on the admittance waiting list.

Members don't see this ad.

So now i'm sitting here staring out my email, when I have a physics test tomorrow morning that I haven't studied for.

Perrrfect timing.

So now i'm sitting here staring out my email, when I have a physics test tomorrow morning that I haven't studied for.

Perrrfect timing.

lol yea the timing is not good for me either! i hope i hear today so i will be relaxed at my interview tomorrow. btw- you got into a school already!! u are 100% going to vet school lol, close ur email and start studying for that physics! remember... physics is phun!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh goodness... I am officially freaking out. I think I am going to head to the store in hopes that there is an email in my inbox when I get back....

Lyndaelyzoo,

Just curious, I think you are OOS and coming off the waiting list right? (I am) Do you think that even if you had a great interview you wouldn't get in because you are ranked at the bottom as far as your paper stats? I'm worried that the best I could do is get on the admittance waiting list.

I feel that way but it seems that vet school admissions can be unpredictable sometimes and you never know. I still feel like I am going to have a panic attack waiting list or not!!!!!! :D

BTW BlacKATT33, where are you interviewing tomorrow?

I feel that way but it seems that vet school admissions can be unpredictable sometimes and you never know. I still feel like I am going to have a panic attack waiting list or not!!!!!! :D

BTW BlacKATT33, where are you interviewing tomorrow?

upenn. im not sure what im more excited or nervous for, that interview or this letter lol this is def the most mixed emotions ive ever felt in my life!!!

Dammit, we're like the ignored little sister of D.C. and VA. <pout> At this rate, I'm going to wear out the F5 key.

Congrats Tobysgirl!

Congrats everyone that found out today! Hopefully the rest of us will hear tomorrow :)

Congratulations gilch!!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping that the OOsers will hear tomorrow!!:D

Members don't see this ad :)
woo hoo gilch!!! i really really hope im ur classmate! i guess we (MDers) will have to wait til tomorrow. god im going crazy

and Floridians!!!! We will get in!!! We will get in!!! We will get in!!!! We will get in!!! We will get in !!!Well, you get the picture.....
DEAR VMRCVM: PLEASE TAKE ME!!!

Anyone else worried that they won't go in tomorrow because of the storm and we'll be left hanging all weekend? :( At least they're not supposed to get as much as up here in MD.

8 to 12 in with a quarter inch of ice is what we are supposed to get here. So far Tech in NOT closed so hopefully they will send it out in the morning... Fingers crossed!

maybe they knew they would take a half day tomorrow and thats why they sent out half the emails today!

yikess I hope the snowstorm doesn't keep them from going in tomorrow...that would be awesome. I spoke with my mom who is in Baltimore, and they're supposed to get 2 feet up there.

Big winter for the mid-atlantic

yikess I hope the snowstorm doesn't keep them from going in tomorrow...that would be awesome. I spoke with my mom who is in Baltimore, and they're supposed to get 2 feet up there.

Big winter for the mid-atlantic

I wanna go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys, not sure if this will affect whether or not you hear, but school IS closed down here today.

Good luck at Penn BlacKAT33 :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:!

Yep, classes are canceled in the undergrad part too...but sometimes staff still go in, right? Especially if they have forums of online prospective students waiting? Could be?

so i am freaking out. I am a VA resident and I still have not received an e-mail and I know quite a few people who were already accepted. I feel like that means I was not accepted? what do you all think?

I really hope they let us know something today :(

so i am freaking out. I am a VA resident and I still have not received an e-mail and I know quite a few people who were already accepted. I feel like that means I was not accepted? what do you all think?

I really hope they let us know something today :(

I'm in the same boat :(

Good luck BlacKAT on your interview at Penn!!!!!!!!:D

ughh, this is just greaaat. Not only am I now doubtful of hearing anything from vt today, but I'm also doubting the mailman will make it into Baltimore with my Missouri letter. I love snow, but NOT THIS WEEKEND!

remember... physics is phun!

I only just saw this post...That is the silliest thing I ever heard and I was afraid of email :p!

Thanks for the congratulations, everybody! And congrats to the others that got in! I feel like there will be a lot more people on the acceptance list for V-M soon!

ughh, this is just greaaat. Not only am I now doubtful of hearing anything from vt today, but I'm also doubting the mailman will make it into Baltimore with my Missouri letter. I love snow, but NOT THIS WEEKEND!

Oh man....how much more waiting can one take?????

I only just saw this post...That is the silliest thing I ever heard and I was afraid of email :p!

Thanks for the congratulations, everybody! And congrats to the others that got in! I feel like there will be a lot more people on the acceptance list for V-M soon!

lol my physics teacher would always write that on the top of the board before class.

This waiting game sucks. I was hoping they would send some emails out now because the snow isn't bad til later. If they don't send them out this morning I doubt we will be hearing from them unless they took home all their info and are doing it at home.

thank you lynaelyzoo!

Actually, it's been snowing here since very early this morning and is fairly nasty out right now, IMO. (I'm from MD, though, where we don't get snow this bad too often, so take that for what it's worth.) Hopefully, they'll still manage to get something out to you guys, though!

Actually, it's been snowing here since very early this morning and is fairly nasty out right now, IMO. (I'm from MD, though, where we don't get snow this bad too often, so take that for what it's worth.) Hopefully, they'll still manage to get something out to you guys, though!

I would agree. Its been snowing since pre-dawn hours, and we probably have 6+ inches on top of what's already on the ground. I had to call in to work to tell them I won't be making it in because of driving conditions this morning. And we're really, honestly, not set up for this much snow :p

I do hope you guys hear something soon! My fingers are crossed for everyone... This was a bad weekend for snow!! Maybe someone has a list saved in their email somewhere...

So, I decided to be brave and called Joyce Massie just now.... and got her voicemail. So, I guess she's not there.

I would have been happy that classes were canceled here today (it's a rare occurrence) but it has enabled me to keep checking my email over and over and over and over... Anyway, good luck everyone, I just want it to be over with!

New member here. I'm a Marylander who interviewed last Friday morning.

Have not heard anything either, but it sounds like no-one from MD had yet anyway.

Currently Baltimore is under a foot plus of snow, so I will be going stir crazy in my apartment, worrying about whether I got in or not. I keep telling myself I won't know until probably Monday...

I am also a newer member. I interviewed on saturday. I am a VA resident and haven't heard anything. I refused to check my emial until after 5pm yesterday to keep myself from checking it every second. There is still nothing today :(. I just wish they would let us know what is going on so that we had an idea when we would get the news. I feel like my kidneys are going to explode from all the adrenaline pumping through me every time I think about checking my email again.

BTW, Congrats to those of you who have heard!! I hope to be right there with you next year!:xf:

To you guys that haven't heard, even Va residents: We have tons of snow here, well over a foot and are due for more. It has been snowing on and off since 12:00 AM Friday. They got started on sending notifications, obviously, but if people ever were inclined to go into work on a Saturday, today is about as unlikely as ever. The main roads are clear, but many people can't get out of their driveways. In addition, the temp here is ~32 F, so the snow is soft and slick. As of now, I'd imagine that the university will be open on Monday and I wouldn't expect any emails until then. I'll let you know if the university is closed on Mon.

As for who gets notified first? Who knows? I interviewed on Fri, am a VA resident, and my last name is in the 1st half of the alphabet. I'd guess that they are doing it in sections--Va, then Md, then OOS, but I would be surprised if they had sent all Va out Thursday. Don't give up hope!

Thanks, Glich, being local as well, I am all too familiar with the weather... not fun here :(. I was hoping that the weather was causing the delays. Your info on the situation at VT has given me a second burst of hope!! Thank you!!! :)

:love:Keeping my fingers crossed that the campus will be open monday! I am trying to stay up beat but it is hard when they have sent out so many invites and no declines. I interview sat, and I am IS. :love:

Don't worry, the campus will definitely be open tomorrow. It stopped snowing yesterday and the roads are clear. It takes a lot to close campus... Friday was the first time it was closed for weather since I've been here.

I'm thinking they'll get the emails out fairly early or they'll have a lot of anxious people calling them... And I'm sure that's no fun!

As for who gets notified first? Who knows? I interviewed on Fri, am a VA resident, and my last name is in the 1st half of the alphabet. I'd guess that they are doing it in sections--Va, then Md, then OOS, but I would be surprised if they had sent all Va out Thursday. Don't give up hope!

Just wanted to ditto this. I interviewed friday am, am IS and my name is in the first half of the alphabet as well. So who knows!

is VT closed tomorrow? i can't seem to find it online, does it usually say on the front page of VT main site?

We should be back open tomorrow. No snow, the roads are mostly cleared and the parking lots were driveable today. So they should in the hospital tomorrow!

Good luck all! Fingers crossed for you!

The vet school is open today. Good luck everyone!

Holy shiz!!! I'm in!!!! Class of '14. Ahuhh!!!

Goodluck everyone!!!!

Holy shiz!!! I'm in!!!! Class of '14. Ahuhh!!!

Goodluck everyone!!!!

starting the week off right -- congrats laura! and blackat! (this just means you're meant to be at penn...good luck!)