Has anyone used primary/secondary application screening services? Opinions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCDavispremed92

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm doing late-May MCAT with pre-verified primary application for late-June submission, so in between I will be focusing entirely on (initially) putting final touches on primary essay/application and writing many secondaries. I have a 3.88 sGPA and good range of ECs, so there is a real dependence on my MCAT obviously for what my recommended school list would be. I am inclined to go for low hanging-fruit (low-MCAT schools that are private/take many OOS applicants as am CA resident) and going from easiest upward in admission difficulty to ~40 schools.

If my MCAT is unexpectedly high (I think it's prudent to be pessimistic but got 512 on AAMC FL 1), then I might expand schoo list further, but still focusing on easier-admission schools first.

I am aware that this will be very time consuming (+expensive) and while it will be my sole focus post-MCAT, I am a bit concerned that I may do a haphazard job as a result of rushing it.

TLDR: Is anyone familiar with strategies for writing a massive number of secondaries that maximize the efficiency (modal questions, identical answers appropriate for non-identical questions, etc.) and/or a service that offers advising with regard to secondaries specifically (without primary app included) that might have helped them out in similar situation? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.