Having to drop a class I included in an update letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hbuckeye

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! I recently sent an update letter to some of the schools I applied to and included my class schedule for this final semester (among more substantial updates). Unfortunately, due to a staffing issue my section of anatomy is no longer being offered and I have to drop the course. Is this something medical schools would hold against me? Should I update schools on this or just say something if offered an interview?
 
I don't think you lose anything with an update letter. It's not your fault the class was cancelled and no one would hold it against you. You could include what you replaced it with.
 
Do not send an update letter. This is minor and an update letter could come across as excessively nervous which is not a becoming trait. If someone asks you about it, explain like you did here.
 
Hey guys! I recently sent an update letter to some of the schools I applied to and included my class schedule for this final semester (among more substantial updates). Unfortunately, due to a staffing issue my section of anatomy is no longer being offered and I have to drop the course. Is this something medical schools would hold against me? Should I update schools on this or just say something if offered an interview?
No. Given how it has been hard to keep restaurants and stores open due to being short staffed, it is not surprising this could happen in higher education.