Having to drop a class I included in an update letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hbuckeye

Reaction score
Hey guys! I recently sent an update letter to some of the schools I applied to and included my class schedule for this final semester (among more substantial updates). Unfortunately, due to a staffing issue my section of anatomy is no longer being offered and I have to drop the course. Is this something medical schools would hold against me? Should I update schools on this or just say something if offered an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think you lose anything with an update letter. It's not your fault the class was cancelled and no one would hold it against you. You could include what you replaced it with.

Do not send an update letter. This is minor and an update letter could come across as excessively nervous which is not a becoming trait. If someone asks you about it, explain like you did here.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! I recently sent an update letter to some of the schools I applied to and included my class schedule for this final semester (among more substantial updates). Unfortunately, due to a staffing issue my section of anatomy is no longer being offered and I have to drop the course. Is this something medical schools would hold against me? Should I update schools on this or just say something if offered an interview?
No. Given how it has been hard to keep restaurants and stores open due to being short staffed, it is not surprising this could happen in higher education.