This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Every school has high tuition for the first ~3 years and then cheap/no tuition in the last year or two because you're taking fewer classes. This is not exclusive to LIU.

The difference is funded programs offer full tuition remission and LIU doesn't.

Also it's fairly misleading to mention NYC income without mentioning the high cost of living. 150k after cost of living (even with the partial tuition remission mentioned) is a conservative estimate.

Would be very interested to see where you're getting 100k as an estimate.

Hi, I wouldn't say that every school has a cheap/no tuition fee in the last or two years because some have a flat rate for four or five years.
And since enthusiast91 chose PsyD and mentioned that it was his/her second year applying, I don't think he/she doesn't know that most PsyD programs are only partially or not funded. It would be inappropriate to compare the one at LIU with fully funded programs, which mostly are PhDs.
I believe my original post says "the tuition will cost around 100K (after remission)" instead of "the total cost is 100K".

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am specifically referring to one reply that says "With an average completion of 5-6 years and tuition due of 32k a year after your remission (160k total)." Clearly, this person never bothered to take a look at the page of LIU nor thought of the possibility that some programs only charge high tuition fees for the first three years. It's not an insinuation.
And I didn't include the living cost. I should've indicated that, my mistake.
It's one detail, not the totality of Justanothergrad's argument. Again, I'd be careful about insinuating things about other posters here, as some of them are not only psychologists, but also faculty in clinical or counseling doctoral programs (Justanothergrad included).

Hi, I wouldn't say that every school has a cheap/no tuition fee in the last or two years because some have a flat rate for four or five years.
And since enthusiast91 chose PsyD and mentioned that it was his/her second year applying, I don't think he/she doesn't know that most PsyD programs are only partially or not funded. It would be inappropriate to compare the one at LIU with fully funded programs, which mostly are PhDs.
I believe my original post says "the tuition will cost around 100K (after remission)" instead of "the total cost is 100K".
Why is it "inappropriate" to compare it to fully funded programs?

LIU's program is expensive and completely untenable from a financial perspective once you factor in costs of living, internship, and post doc, and the median remuneration for psychologists. $100,000 is the base rate for tuition, you also need to factor in accrued interest (which will be significant by the time you are eligible for licensure and can get an appropriate pay bump) and the loss of nearly a decade of contributions to retirement and savings, and that's without factoring in other costs (e.g., cost of living, conference travel, fees, books, internship interviews, post doc interviews).

Also, nearly 12% of their students aren't licensed. What are these students doing since they are a practitioner scholar program? Why does their admissions and outcomes page have to hedge this licensure rate by comparing it to other doctoral programs in NYC area?

Honestly, choose one of the masters programs.

Thanks. As of right now, I'm almost positive I'm going with one of the MA programs.

Also, out of curiosity, I was wondering if very many MA students apply to PhD programs and opt to leave part-way through the MA program?

Members don't see this ad :)
TRYING TO DECIDE BETWEEN WIDENER AND William Paterson OR Kean.

Widener sits as my top choice primarily because of the PsyD/MBA dual degree opportunity. It also helps that I can pursue a school certification that shouldn't be too hard to transfer back over into NJ. My only concern, which also is one of the pros of Widener, is that it has a captive internship. Does anyone have experience or knowledge of how captive internships are viewed post grad or when applying for residency?

William Paterson and Kean are both much more affordable options. Both William Paterson and Kean have opportunities for me to teach as adjunct and earn a stipend that will help with tuition (though academics its not something I'm considering to pursue later in my career). They are much smaller programs and more research based. Research was not something I was looking forward to during the application process, but I made good connections with the faculty during my interviews so now am much more receptive to the challenge. Most faculty seems to be from a PhD background. William Paterson is accredited on contingency (they just had their first class go through the internship match) and Kean is relatively recently accredited as well. I am left feeling more confident about the clinical training I would get at Widener.

Im coming into the PsyD with undergrad debt and debt from my M.A in forensic psych.

Do recent grads recommend I take on the additional debt and pursue these specializations at Widener (despite the captive internship) or will these more affordable programs still make me competitive?

(btw, I'm planning on declining offers from Adler, Wright Institute, William James, and Carlow)

TRYING TO DECIDE BETWEEN WIDENER AND William Paterson OR Kean.

Widener sits as my top choice primarily because of the PsyD/MBA dual degree opportunity. It also helps that I can pursue a school certification that shouldn't be too hard to transfer back over into NJ. My only concern, which also is one of the pros of Widener, is that it has a captive internship. Does anyone have experience or knowledge of how captive internships are viewed post grad or when applying for residency?

William Paterson and Kean are both much more affordable options. Both William Paterson and Kean have opportunities for me to teach as adjunct and earn a stipend that will help with tuition (though academics its not something I'm considering to pursue later in my career). They are much smaller programs and more research based. Research was not something I was looking forward to during the application process, but I made good connections with the faculty during my interviews so now am much more receptive to the challenge. Most faculty seems to be from a PhD background. William Paterson is accredited on contingency (they just had their first class go through the internship match) and Kean is relatively recently accredited as well. I am left feeling more confident about the clinical training I would get at Widener.

Im coming into the PsyD with undergrad debt and debt from my M.A in forensic psych.

Do recent grads recommend I take on the additional debt and pursue these specializations at Widener (despite the captive internship) or will these more affordable programs still make me competitive?

(btw, I'm planning on declining offers from Adler, Wright Institute, William James, and Carlow)

I wouldn't consider Widener based on cost alone. I don't know much about WPU's program, but the only information I've gotten was negative, to say the least. I think Kean would be the best option out of these. I know several competent practitioners who have gone through Kean's program.

Reactions: 1 user
Isn't 50k * 3 = 150k, not 100k?

Not to mention moving for internship, if you match outside of NYC (geographic restrictions being one of the primary reasons students don't match for internship, even at high quality funded programs).

Then, there's conference travel, though I'm not sure how much research experience students get in this program, which is somewhat of a concern.

You're grossly underestimating the costs of the program and living in NYC, as well as overestimating how much you'll earn and how quickly you'll be able to pay off your debt.

It's probably not a great idea to insinuate that other people haven't done research, when you either haven't done it yourself or you've been selective about it to affirm that you made the correct decision by accepting admission to this program.

I appreciate everyone's input.
It is definitely a lot to consider and I think if I were to reapply, I would only consider fully funded programs.

I think Lostinsunshine is right that it would be around 150k plus other costs (car/living/transportation for externships/etc). We must also factor in that internships also don't pay well. All of this is very worrying.
To someone who asked which programs I applied to— I applied to a mix of PsyDs and PhDs. I got 4 interviews, 3 doctoral offers. All three are programs that you have to pay for. LIU is the best fit of the three and there isn't that much of a difference in the price tag.

I appreciate everyone's input.
It is definitely a lot to consider and I think if I were to reapply, I would only consider fully funded programs.

I think Lostinsunshine is right that it would be around 150k plus other costs (car/living/transportation for externships/etc). We must also factor in that internships also don't pay well. All of this is very worrying.
To someone who asked which programs I applied to— I applied to a mix of PsyDs and PhDs. I got 4 interviews, 3 doctoral offers. All three are programs that you have to pay for. LIU is the best fit of the three and there isn't that much of a difference in the price tag.
It's just not worth the massive cost. You'll do yourself a massive favor by just reapplying to funded programs.

I wouldn't consider Widener based on cost alone. I don't know much about WPU's program, but the only information I've gotten was negative, to say the least. I think Kean would be the best option out of these. I know several competent practitioners who have gone through Kean's program.
I'm curious what you heard about WPU's program? I'm coming in with a M.A so I have the opportunity to join as adjunct faculty soon and get some tuition remission and pay, with the already cheap tuition its a hard offer to refuse.

Hi! I am choosing a PsyD program that places an (almost) equal emphasis on research and practice. For now my searches have narrowed down to Baylor, Rutgers and Indiana State U for these three schools have explicitly pointed out they are more focused on research compared to other psyd programs. Are there any graduate students from these programs could tell me if you got enough exposure to research and publications? Thanks a lot!

Hi! I am choosing a PsyD program that places an (almost) equal emphasis on research and practice. For now my searches have narrowed down to Baylor, Rutgers and Indiana State U for these three schools have explicitly pointed out they are more focused on research compared to other psyd programs. Are there any graduate students from these programs could tell me if you got enough exposure to research and publications? Thanks a lot!

These schools all have decent reputations, but are fairly selective. I'd definitely recommend expanding the list to at least 6 or so good schools that match your interests. Also, adding in more balanced, fully funded PhD programs.

These schools all have decent reputations, but are fairly selective. I'd definitely recommend expanding the list to at least 6 or so good schools that match your interests. Also, adding in more balanced, fully funded PhD programs.
Yes, I understand they are very competitive given the good fundings. I just want to make sure those programs actually give their students enough publications for applying for post-docs/jobs.
Thank you for your advice.

Yes, I understand they are very competitive given the good fundings. I just want to make sure those programs actually give their students enough publications for applying for post-docs/jobs.
Thank you for your advice.

The answer to that highly depends on what kind of job you are looking for? For some jobs, 1-2 pubs and some posters is enough, for some, 10 is not enough.

Members don't see this ad :)
The answer to that highly depends on what kind of job you are looking for? For some jobs, 1-2 pubs and some posters is enough, for some, 10 is not enough.

Exactly. As @WisNeuro is asking, what kind of job do you want? What is the end goal to your schooling?

I work in a pediatric primary care clinic that is affiliated with a large hospital system (also where I did my postdoc; I was subsequently hired once I was an LP and now I am the only psychologist in this clinic. I am housed with 7 pediatricians). I had six peer-reviewed publications and two posters from national conferences at the time of acquiring my postdoc. However, if you want a position that allows for research time (this particular position does not), you may need more. The psychologists who have positions that include research time would be better equipped to answer that question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to give neuropsychological testings to patients in a clinical setting, mostly to patients with epilepsy, AD and other forms of dementia. Post-doc is not a must for me but I'll do it if the job prefers me to have one. I saw several people worrying that they might not be competitive for post-docs because they didn't have enough published papers or posters. I am not sure if doing neuropsychological testings requires a lot of publications.

Exactly. As @WisNeuro is asking, what kind of job do you want? What is the end goal to your schooling?

I work in a pediatric primary care clinic that is affiliated with a large hospital system (also where I did my postdoc; I was subsequently hired once I was an LP and now I am the only psychologist in this clinic. I am housed with 7 pediatricians). I had six peer-reviewed publications and two posters from national conferences at the time of acquiring my postdoc. However, if you want a position that allows for research time (this particular position does not), you may need more. The psychologists who have positions that include research time would be better equipped to answer that question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for your reply! I think I'm most interested in neuropsychology, specifically assessment and diagnosis. Teaching or staying in academia is probably not my first choice so I don't know if I need a post-doc to do more research before getting a job.

Thanks for your reply! I think I'm most interested in neuropsychology, specifically assessment and diagnosis. Teaching or staying in academia is probably not my first choice so I don't know if I need a post-doc to do more research before getting a job.

You need a postdoc to be board eligible in Neuropsychology. You need to be board eligible or board certified to get a lot of jobs in a hospital or outpatient clinic setting in neuropsych.

You need a postdoc to be board eligible in Neuropsychology. You need to be board eligible or board certified to get a lot of jobs in a hospital or outpatient clinic setting in neuropsych.
I see. Basically 7+ years at school.....
Thank you!

I see. Basically 7+ years at school.....
Thank you!
Bare minimum. Yes, you could potentially do 4+1 for grad school and internship (depending on your grad program), but, based on a variety of factors (e.g., availability of practicum sites), you might need 5+1 to be competitive for internship and post doc.

Even if you didn’t choose neuropsych, most states require a one year postdoc for licensure. The 5 years of school plus one year for internship are bare minimum. Some states will count practicum or post-masters degree practicum hours toward supervised hour requirements, which leaves you with less than a year’s worth of postdoc to complete. For board certification purposes (for any specialty), I would still strongly recommend getting a year’s worth of postdoc. However, as others are saying, if you want to pursue neuro, you will need two years.

Bare minimum. Yes, you could potentially do 4+1 for grad school and internship (depending on your grad program), but, based on a variety of factors (e.g., availability of practicum sites), you might need 5+1 to be competitive for internship and post doc.
For those 5+1 programs, are you referring to PhD programs? I thought most psyd programs are 4+1.

Even if you didn’t choose neuropsych, most states require a one year postdoc for licensure. The 5 years of school plus one year for internship are bare minimum. Some states will count practicum or post-masters degree practicum hours toward supervised hour requirements, which leaves you with less than a year’s worth of postdoc to complete. For board certification purposes (for any specialty), I would still strongly recommend getting a year’s worth of postdoc. However, as others are saying, if you want to pursue neuro, you will need two years.
I thought people get their licenses after finished the EPPP exam.

For those 5+1 programs, are you referring to PhD programs? I thought most psyd programs are 4+1.
Look at the statistics for the specific programs you're looking at, i..e, Rutgers, Baylor, ISU. Time to completion ranges from 5 to 6 years

Reactions: 1 users
I thought people get their licenses after finished the EPPP exam.

Yes the license is issued after passing the EPPP and any meeting the requirements of the state in which you seek licensure (some, I believe most, states require a jurisprudence and sometimes oral exam in addition to EPPP), but you still need to meet supervised hour requirements.

Look at the statistics for the specific programs you're looking at, i..e, Rutgers, Baylor, ISU. Time to completion ranges from 5 to 6 years

@Psyh.meout is correct and the reason for the range is often due to differences in time to complete dissertation. Any legit PsyD program will have you complete an original study. You will have hypotheses you form based on published literature and you design a study to test said hypotheses. Your study will contain actual statistical analyses of original data you collected that you interpret and the data will reject or fail to reject the null hypotheses. Not this literature review nonsense, if I may be so bold, that some of the PsyD programs permit. These types of studies take time, and you’ll have a committee oversee it.

@Psyh.meout is correct and the reason for the range is often due to differences in time to complete dissertation. Any legit PsyD program will have you complete an original study. You will have hypotheses you form based on published literature and you design a study to test said hypotheses. Your study will contain actual statistical analyses of original data you collected that you interpret and the data will reject or fail to reject the null hypotheses. Not this literature review nonsense, if I may be so bold, that some of the PsyD programs permit. These types of studies take time, and you’ll have a committee oversee it.
Thank you. I understand a dissertation is required for a lot of PsyD programs
Thank you, you've been giving me a lot of helpful information. I wanted a PsyD because I prefer to practice than to do research. Now I think about it, what I want to do eventually requires tons of research experience. So maybe a PhD program suits me better?

Thank you, you've been giving me a lot of helpful information. I wanted a PsyD because I prefer to practice than to do research. Now I think about it, what I want to do eventually requires tons of research experience. So maybe a PhD program suits me better?

The majority of PhD grads are working primarily clinical careers. The PsyD is clinical and PhD own research thing is justba myth that refuses to die.

Every PsyD program I’ve ever heard of requires a dissertation but some of the less legit programs let students get away with “lit reviews” instead of conducting actual original research.

I agree with @WisNeuro. Most PhD’s end up engaging in clinical practice (some engage in clinical along with research duties, and some full-time clinical). The idea that PhD’s focus mostly on research is a myth that the less legit PsyD programs have used, in my humble opinion, to lure students who intend to engage in full time clinical practice. I do have my PsyD and my career is on the trajectory I envisioned and wanted. I do not have a ton of debt but unfortunately a lot of PsyD’s who came from poorly funded programs do. My program required original research for dissertation, as well.

So, in summary @qyzhu98 , by all means, still apply to teh reputable PsyDs, but you should also be looking at balanced PhDs, if you want a career in clinical neuropsych. Check out their training opportunities to make sure they have good external practica for neuropsych. And, get used to the idea of 8 years from start to finish if you choose this path. Theoretically, you can practice without board certification/eligibility, but it will lock you out of many well paying jobs. Additionally, you'll have people like me who take your business. I switched an entire Neurology practice over to using me instead of two non-boarded privater practice people simply by having a conversation with the practice about board certification.

@WisNeuro @sabine_psyd
Thank you all so much! I have been very hesitant about whether I should pursue a Ph.D. or PsyD and you gave me a lot to think about. I will definitely apply to both programs but my 3.5 undergraduate GPA is dragging me down from a lot of prestigious programs, especially PhD, but I don't want to settle down for a less legit program either. So I guess I will probably look into some full-time research jobs as well since these days only a few undergraduates get accepted into doctoral programs.
Thanks again for all the advice and insights.

@WisNeuro @sabine_psyd
Thank you all so much! I have been very hesitant about whether I should pursue a Ph.D. or PsyD and you gave me a lot to think about. I will definitely apply to both programs but my 3.5 undergraduate GPA is dragging me down from a lot of prestigious programs, especially PhD, but I don't want to settle down for a less legit program either. So I guess I will probably look into some full-time research jobs as well since these days only a few undergraduates get accepted into doctoral programs.
Thanks again for all the advice and insights.
3.5 is fine. When you're looking at program stats, those are averages, which implies that there is a range of GPAs of admitted students around that value, not that it is the minimum required. What's really important is the actual experience you have, particularly research, and your fit with the program and faculty mentor.

3.5 is fine. When you're looking at program stats, those are averages, which implies that there is a range of GPAs of admitted students around that value, not that it is the minimum required. What's really important is the actual experience you have, particularly research, and your fit with the program and faculty mentor.
People have been telling me this too...I understand that GPA is not everything but you have to be SUPER outstanding on every other aspect if you have a weak GPA. My junior and senior GPA, as well as my major GPA, is fine (3.7+), I hope that's a good sign to show the committee :)

People have been telling me this too...I understand that GPA is not everything but you have to be SUPER outstanding on every other aspect if you have a weak GPA. My junior and senior GPA, as well as my major GPA, is fine (3.7+), I hope that's a good sign to show the committee :)
Research experience is head and shoulders more important than GPA. A few hundredths or even tenths of a point in GPA is nothing compared to having impressive research experience (especially with posters or pubs), talking about your research experiences and interests in an intelligent and personable manner, and fitting well with the POI and grad students.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is funding at Rutgers for their School Psychology PsyD program?

Hi all, I am currently interviewing with PsyD programs and would like to ask for your advice in order to make an informed decision later.

The schools that I am interviewing with are:
Indiana University of Pennsylvania,
Yeshiva University/Ferkauf School of Psychology,
William James College.

Since I am an international students, I am not able to take out student loans, but luckily my parents will help me pay for my tuition. I looked through the statistics of all three schools and many previous threads, and right now I like Yeshiva the most, since I prefer city life, and the training outcome seems good.

Does anyone know about the reputation of these three schools? I am also very interested in hearing about any personal experience related to these programs. Any comments are welcome! Thanks a lot!!

Hi all, I am currently interviewing with PsyD programs and would like to ask for your advice in order to make an informed decision later.

The schools that I am interviewing with are:
William James College.

Since I am an international students, I am not able to take out student loans, but luckily my parents will help me pay for my tuition. I looked through the statistics of all three schools and many previous threads, and right now I like Yeshiva the most, since I prefer city life, and the training outcome seems good.

Does anyone know about the reputation of these three schools? I am also very interested in hearing about any personal experience related to these programs. Any comments are welcome! Thanks a lot!!

I am not familiar with the specifics of training at any of the three but I imagine that which one is "best" in terms of fit depends on your goals for graduate school and what you want to get from the experience. (Also, have any of these three schools extended an offer yet? That often helps narrow down the decision...)

I am not familiar with the specifics of training at any of the three but I imagine that which one is "best" in terms of fit depends on your goals for graduate school and what you want to get from the experience. (Also, have any of these three schools extended an offer yet? That often helps narrow down the decision...)
Thank you for your reply! So far I haven't received an offer yet but hopefully could hear back from them by the end of March!

Does anyone have an opinion on which PsyD program and University reputation is the best? I’m trying to decide between Azusa Pacific University, Cal Lutheran University, Fuller Seminary, and Loma Linda University.

William James College.

IUP is very CBT-focused, so if that's not your thing then don't go there. Ferkauf allows you to choose psychodynamic or CBT track. WJC is a mixed bag of things. I interviewed Ferkauf and WJC and was accepted to both last year.

WJC has something like a 75% acceptance rate so they're not picky - you can form your own opinions from there. They do have a lot of connections in the Boston area and all of their students get good placements, but that's largely because they used to be well respected in the past. Since the name change, they've run their financials into the ground and there have been massive tuition increases to make up for it. I mean, look at this: https://www.williamjames.edu/admissions/tuition-and-aid/upload/psyd-clinical-shopping-sheet.pdf. $50k for tuition is so damn high, and that's going to be five years of your life. I know you said your parents will help pay for it, but how much are they willing to help out with? Additionally, in recent years the quality of their interns has gone down - I've worked with two of their interns recently and it is scary how unprepared they are. Their match rates (Clinical PsyD Student Admissions, Outcomes, and Other Data at William James College) have been always been horrendous. It goes up in 2016 because they started offering a captive internship - students can either do the APPIC match OR they can seamlessly transition into WJC's consortium internship. So it looks like a lot more people are matching than they really are. Any place that needs to inflate numbers like that is a red flag.

I don't want to recommend anything, but if you like Ferkauf and can afford it, I don't think it's a bad choice relative to the other two.

Does anyone have an opinion on which PsyD program and University reputation is the best? I’m trying to decide between Azusa Pacific University, Cal Lutheran University, Fuller Seminary, and Loma Linda University.

They're more or less all the same in terms of program. Check the APA match rates and make your decision from there.

IUP is very CBT-focused, so if that's not your thing then don't go there. Ferkauf allows you to choose psychodynamic or CBT track. WJC is a mixed bag of things. I interviewed Ferkauf and WJC and was accepted to both last year.

WJC has something like a 75% acceptance rate so they're not picky - you can form your own opinions from there. They do have a lot of connections in the Boston area and all of their students get good placements, but that's largely because they used to be well respected in the past. Since the name change, they've run their financials into the ground and there have been massive tuition increases to make up for it. I mean, look at this: https://www.williamjames.edu/admissions/tuition-and-aid/upload/psyd-clinical-shopping-sheet.pdf. $50k for tuition is so damn high, and that's going to be five years of your life. I know you said your parents will help pay for it, but how much are they willing to help out with? Additionally, in recent years the quality of their interns has gone down - I've worked with two of their interns recently and it is scary how unprepared they are. Their match rates (Clinical PsyD Student Admissions, Outcomes, and Other Data at William James College) have been always been horrendous. It goes up in 2016 because they started offering a captive internship - students can either do the APPIC match OR they can seamlessly transition into WJC's consortium internship. So it looks like a lot more people are matching than they really are. Any place that needs to inflate numbers like that is a red flag.

I don't want to recommend anything, but if you like Ferkauf and can afford it, I don't think it's a bad choice relative to the other two.
Thank you for the information! Yes I have heard non-thrilling news about WJC in terms of their huge cohort size and the low match rate. Do you have any experience with Ferkauf? I know the tuition fee is so high and that's why I need more information to decide if the training would worth it. I applied for both PsyD and PhD programs this year but only got interviews from PsyD. I'm also thinking of wait for another year and apply for programs with more funding, but I'm not sure about my chances.

Thank you for the information! Yes I have heard non-thrilling news about WJC in terms of their huge cohort size and the low match rate. Do you have any experience with Ferkauf? I know the tuition fee is so high and that's why I need more information to decide if the training would worth it. I applied for both PsyD and PhD programs this year but only got interviews from PsyD. I'm also thinking of wait for another year and apply for programs with more funding, but I'm not sure about my chances.

If funding is your goal, then you won't get much from any PsyD program, short of Baylor, Rutgers, and William Paterson. Ferkauf's financia aid is ****. I applied PsyD and PhD too, and only got PsyD interviews. I'm wondering if the two departments have any communication. Is there a reason why you prefer PsyD programs vs PhD?

Postdoc applications advice!

I have applied for 9 primarily-research postdoc positions. I received 2 rejections (one was hard but wanted more experience with a specific analysis and the other was a long shot) and the rest have yet to make decisions. 3 who haven't decided are T32s, 2 are up for renewal this year and 1 of those is my top choice and I have a lot of reason to believe that if they got the funding I would have a slot (they got a great score but won't know for sure for 1-1.5 months and can't offer backup funding if they don't get funded). 3 non-t32s are more like project coordinator positions which are hoping to make decisions "soon". The last one has one slot and decides normally in May (which was not on the original job posting) and is more of a general "do your own research" type position.

The applications seem like a lot, but as Spring is nearing and my internship is ending in July, the question is, do I apply for more? Or do I just sit, very heavily, on my hands and wait, hoping that something comes through?

Have others waited for T32s in renewal before and how did you come to that decision?

Hi! This is super last minute but would love input!

I'm choosing between Roosevelt and Yeshiva for their PsyD programs. My pros/cons list is long and thorough. I've over complicated it!
Does anyone have strong thoughts

Hi! This is super last minute but would love input!

I'm choosing between Roosevelt and Yeshiva for their PsyD programs. My pros/cons list is long and thorough. I've over complicated it!
Does anyone have strong thoughts

What's the funding like at each? I'm not familiar with Roosevelt but Yeshiva is a decent program, as far as I know. It's expensive though, and living in/around NYC ain't cheap.

What's the funding like at each? I'm not familiar with Roosevelt but Yeshiva is a decent program, as far as I know. It's expensive though, and living in/around NYC ain't cheap.
I got a small sum in scholarship money from yeshiva.
Roosevelt gave me a scholarship double that sum and also offered me a graduate assistantship position that pays 1/4 of the tuition the first year (and 1/2 if I were to continue the second year)

Additionally, Roosevelt has a 100% APA internship match rate and a comparable reputation to Yeshiva as far as I can tell

Yeshiva Pros: A professor I would love to do research with (We are closely aligned in interests), the onsite clinic, the geronotorology track, and it is much closer to where I am from, and I have many friends there.
Yeshiva cons: it is SO expensive compared to Roosevelt- the school and the city

Roosevelt Pros: Cost. Similar reputation.
Roosevelt Cons: No friends there. No faculty member that I am particularly interested in working with (they'll support whatever research I want to do though..). Long winters can take a toll. No health insurance offered.

I got a small sum in scholarship money from yeshiva.
Roosevelt gave me a scholarship double that sum and also offered me a graduate assistantship position that pays 1/4 of the tuition the first year (and 1/2 if I were to continue the second year)

Additionally, Roosevelt has a 100% APA internship match rate and a comparable reputation to Yeshiva as far as I can tell

Yeshiva Pros: A professor I would love to do research with (We are closely aligned in interests), the onsite clinic, the geronotorology track, and it is much closer to where I am from, and I have many friends there.
Yeshiva cons: it is SO expensive compared to Roosevelt- the school and the city

Roosevelt Pros: Cost. Similar reputation.
Roosevelt Cons: No friends there. No faculty member that I am particularly interested in working with (they'll support whatever research I want to do though..). Long winters can take a toll. No health insurance offered.

I interviewed at both and will be going to Roosevelt! PM me if you want to talk more :)

will do! also want to add, ive decided to reconsider chestnut hill college... It's in my city, but it's an additional year. Their internship APA match rate is slightly lower than the other schools but I am pretty confident in my abilities to become a strong candidate to match.
It's cheaper, I wouldn't have to move
however it doesn't teach CBT which I initially really wanted but now I'm finding that down to the wire- im not prioritizing it

will do! also want to add, ive decided to reconsider chestnut hill college... It's in my city, but it's an additional year. Their internship APA match rate is slightly lower than the other schools but I am pretty confident in my abilities to become a strong candidate to match.
however it doesn't teach CBT which I initially really wanted but now I'm finding that down to the wire- im not prioritizing it

Congrats on the offers! You may want to consider the theoretical orientation(s) of the programs and what settings you are interesting in working in. While some settings are more open to different theoretical orientation(s) (e.g., community mental health centers), you may have a difficult time getting into many AMCs without a solid foundation/application of CBT. Of course you can get training from practicum sites and it depends on your career goals, but it is something that may affect your practice and match (you'll need to write about your theoretical orientation for internship apps).

Wait, they don't offer any training in any form of CBT?