This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Green22

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am currently 23 years old. I am a hospice RN currently. I am on track to finish my BSN this coming December. Right now I have a GPA of exactly 3.50. I am considering the possibility of med school. I once was pre med so as far as pre reqs go I am only 3 chemistry classes off the mark. I am looking for any advice on how to set myself up best to get accepted into medical school if I chose to do it. Thanks.
 
Do really well in those 3 chemistry courses. 3.5 isn't that bad, assuming everything else in your application is good. If you can get A's in those 3 chemistry class you should be fine. A lot of it will come down to having a good school list.
 
Post-bacc for those 3 classes. Your gpa still won’t be competitive for MD (median matriculants gpa is 3.71-3.73), but very competitive for DO programs.