1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

high school honors

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by TarheelKid24, Jun 20, 2008.

1. TarheelKid24

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Alright so this may be a very dumb question but I have 4 things in my Honors, Awards, and Scholarships section of AADSAS...Should I put a 5th one from something I received in high school (like Outstanding senior or something) or would they just completely disregard that?

Thanks again.

2. DGDDS

Dentist 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Unless it was super impressive, like winning the SIEMENS Science Competition or something, I would leave it blank rather than pad it with something that doesn't mean a lot.

3. Andrew324

7+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Yeah I have pretty much the same question, I only have 1 award I can think of...so thats 4 blank, I dont know what to put. What did you guys put down? Any suggestions?

4. blankguy

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Disregard high school unless it is one of those defining moments in your life. Like by winning that award you realized that you wanted to do something science related for the rest of your life.

5. DCRedskinsRule

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    From what I was told by D1's when I was applying, ignore all HS stuff unless it's something like Valedictorian/Salutatorian, National Merit, or some kind of big scholarship for the undergrad you attended. Some D1's (defn not all) said that including a major AP honor (like National AP Scholar with Distinction) or something like that, might be OK if you have nothing else to put for undergrad...

Just what I remember. Hope that helps and best of luck!:thumbup:

6. tinman831

tinman831 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Administrator Dentist Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Adding highschool honors to show a longstanding trend of good grades would be beneficial. Putting something you did in highschool as padding for a less than stellar application is not so beneficial.

7. TarheelKid24

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Thanks for all the input!