high school honors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TarheelKid24

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright so this may be a very dumb question but I have 4 things in my Honors, Awards, and Scholarships section of AADSAS...Should I put a 5th one from something I received in high school (like Outstanding senior or something) or would they just completely disregard that?

Thanks again.

Members don't see this ad.

Unless it was super impressive, like winning the SIEMENS Science Competition or something, I would leave it blank rather than pad it with something that doesn't mean a lot.

Yeah I have pretty much the same question, I only have 1 award I can think of...so thats 4 blank, I dont know what to put. What did you guys put down? Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Disregard high school unless it is one of those defining moments in your life. Like by winning that award you realized that you wanted to do something science related for the rest of your life.

From what I was told by D1's when I was applying, ignore all HS stuff unless it's something like Valedictorian/Salutatorian, National Merit, or some kind of big scholarship for the undergrad you attended. Some D1's (defn not all) said that including a major AP honor (like National AP Scholar with Distinction) or something like that, might be OK if you have nothing else to put for undergrad...

Just what I remember. Hope that helps and best of luck!:thumbup:

Adding highschool honors to show a longstanding trend of good grades would be beneficial. Putting something you did in highschool as padding for a less than stellar application is not so beneficial.