His Dark Materials WW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
PBC I posthumously forgive you for voting to lynch me night one, and I want you to know that whenever I see "PBC" my first thought is "peanut butter cups."

Guess I'd better save any strategy talk for the morrow? Assuming I live that long...

Members don't see this ad.

I have some as-yet unsubstantiated reason to believe that the game started with one wolf in each group.

In regard to my own group, based on PMs and *NOT VALIDATED* (as in, if I hear anyone say I'm "vouching" for these people, I'm going to go bat**** crazy voting to lynch whoever says it), I think Dyachei, DVMD, and kcough are villagers. I'm a villager. So that leaves Trilt and MJ as possible wolves in my group.

I'm planning to vote for MJ to lynch tomorrow based off of this. It's a whole lotta circumstantial, but it's at least got some reasoning behind it.

Reactions: 1 user
Note: If true, this would also potentially clear the rest of PP's original starting group (at least, as far as starting-game allegiance).

I'm concerned that this means there must be some pretty heavy balancing in favor of the wolves if this info were all true, because it obviously means clearing entire groups in one fell swoop......

Members don't see this ad :)
Oops. My reasoning was slightly off. If the info I have is true, and if I'm right about DVMD, Dyachei, and kcoughli (which is all just based off of feels and talking via PMs), then MJ would have to be a wolf because regardless of Trilt's current allegiance, Trilt at least started the game as a wolf.

So yeah. Sticking with my plan to lynch MJ.

Final comment in my numerous posts ....

There is some ambiguity in the info about whether each group started with 1 wolf, or each group started with at least one wolf. So I suppose groups aren't entirely cleared by finding a (the?) wolf in them.

I have some as-yet unsubstantiated reason to believe that the game started with one wolf in each group.

In regard to my own group, based on PMs and *NOT VALIDATED* (as in, if I hear anyone say I'm "vouching" for these people, I'm going to go bat**** crazy voting to lynch whoever says it), I think Dyachei, DVMD, and kcough are villagers. I'm a villager. So that leaves Trilt and MJ as possible wolves in my group.

I'm planning to vote for MJ to lynch tomorrow based off of this. It's a whole lotta circumstantial, but it's at least got some reasoning behind it.
I'll leave it at this- I've been really busy today and I'm not a wolf. Which should be evidenced by all the feels to the contrary lol.

Feel free to look into me, track me, prod me, seer me, idgaf. I'm as villager-ey as a villager can be.

Oops. My reasoning was slightly off. If the info I have is true, and if I'm right about DVMD, Dyachei, and kcoughli (which is all just based off of feels and talking via PMs), then MJ would have to be a wolf because regardless of Trilt's current allegiance, Trilt at least started the game as a wolf.

So yeah. Sticking with my plan to lynch MJ.

then why wasn't trilt noted as a wolf when he/she died N1?

FWIW, MJ insists via PM that he's a villager, and he does make a role claim that's believable. I don't have any reason to doubt his claim (at least, it's as substantial as my feeling that Dyachei and DVMD are villagers).

FWIW, MJ insists via PM that he's a villager, and he does make a role claim that's believable. I don't have any reason to doubt his claim (at least, it's as substantial as my feeling that Dyachei and DVMD are villagers).
i'd say you've got a problem in your theory or in your crew then. haha

i'd say you've got a problem in your theory or in your crew then. haha

Not really. I was pretty clear that my feelings about people being a villager were just my take after PM'ing with them and not based on anything substantive.

And it's not "my theory" with regard to at least one wolf per group. It's information delivered to someone from the mods - I'm told.

Anyway, since I got insulted up, down, right, and left in a PM for it, I'm just gonna shut up now and let people do what they will with the info.

Not really. I was pretty clear that my feelings about people being a villager were just my take after PM'ing with them and not based on anything substantive.

And it's not "my theory" with regard to at least one wolf per group. It's information delivered to someone from the mods - I'm told.

Anyway, since I got insulted up, down, right, and left in a PM for it, I'm just gonna shut up now and let people do what they will with the info.
Oh, I got it. I was just teasing. And I will of course deal with your insulter as it is my sworn duty. hehe... duty

Missed all of yesterday... delivered a husky late into the night for Pilots n Paws (look it up, a great organization )

Anyway, the mods sent me a late message that someone wanted to attack me last night but failed for some unknown reason. It certainly has nothing to do with my non-existent role.

Members don't see this ad :)
A playful breeze blew about Lyra's Oxford. The previous nights had been full of violence in various corners of the world, but tonight seemed different. Gentle voices drifted in on the wind, comforting each other in the pain of the lives lost. A giant hot air balloon hung in the night sky above a pair of lovers embracing in the moonlight. The injured found their wounds repaired when they awoke in the morning.

The night was not all healing and love, though. Some experienced horrible nightmares and felt themselves pulled in strange directions by unknown forces. Others were frustrated by the silence of the heavens. And a few found themselves questioning what they were really here for, what their true purpose was. With so many paths to choose, there was ample opportunity to doubt the one they had taken. We can only hope that some day they will find the answers they seek.

No one has died

It is now Day 3. 27 players remain. Please note group movement has occured.

Jordan College

Trilt
LIS
dyachei
DVMD
Em Jay
kcough
London Canals
aloha
DocE
Kam
Jilary
finnick
Svalbard
FS
Hayley
LotF
Allie
Epivet
Bolvangar
FFM
Lupin
Diva
Rojo
SOV
Citagazze
tp
STL
STB
Zen
caiter
Rog
Land of the Dead
pp9 - Father Gomez
Hazel - Tialys
PBC - Farder Coram

Last edited:
Thanks to whomever healed me last night!

Full disclosure, I believe I was blocked last night, but I'm not the reason for the no-kill. My results said:

A large bear waited outside your home all night. Good thing you had no intentions of leaving. It did allow someone to come in and visit you though, and that person healed your injuries.

The bears in this story tend to be good guys. I mean you have the true king and the pretender to the throne (who wants to be human), but otherwise, the bears are noble and help the heros.

Yeah, I thought maybe whoever has the blocking power knew I was safe to block tonight without disrupting anything useful, since my injury prevented me from using any items or actions anyway.

It sounds more like a protection to me rather than blocking.

I had the alethiometer last night, I picked number 9 and this was the response: "Ties are always fun. Someone is sure to make it out alive. Right?"

It sounds more like a protection to me rather than blocking.

I had the alethiometer last night, I picked number 9 and this was the response: "Ties are always fun. Someone is sure to make it out alive. Right?"
That seems oddly relevant to yesterday's vote. I wonder if the number you choose actually matters.

My guess would be protection as well.

Lynch epivet

I know she was busy yesterday, but her hemming and hawing and "oh thinking" right at the end when we had two people with very clear good roles come out and she did nothing.. that makes me suspicious.

I also don't know what to make of LIS' claim of one wolf per group, I have no idea where/who it came from, if it is accurate/not accurate or what. Out of my group, I do believe LIS to be a villager. MJ told me his role, I believe him to be villager. I know nothing of dy or kcough.

And stories, I like stories.

Also, who the hell is EVL????

Maybe I am channeling my inner SOV (scary, very scary), but I am too old and busy to keep up with new nicknames, can we keep the original ones?

Thanks.

Now I am demanding some stories. I like stories.

Reactions: 1 users
My guess would be protection as well.
Interesting, I took it as a block since it implied I couldn't leave my house. Thought I might draw some heat being blocked on a no kill night. :oops:

In that case, maybe I was the target?

Lynch epivet

I know she was busy yesterday, but her hemming and hawing and "oh thinking" right at the end when we had two people with very clear good roles come out and she did nothing.. that makes me suspicious.

I also don't know what to make of LIS' claim of one wolf per group, I have no idea where/who it came from, if it is accurate/not accurate or what. Out of my group, I do believe LIS to be a villager. MJ told me his role, I believe him to be villager. I know nothing of dy or kcough.

And stories, I like stories.
I thought the same thing about Epi's play style last game, but she ended up being a villager. Then I reread an older game where she played the same way, and was villager again. So I dunno, I think she might be the kind of player who's maddeningly suspicious no matter what?

On the other hand, I can't help but think that those types of players are pretty good lynch picks in the absence of any other leads. If we're going to be suspicious of them all game, might as well lynch, allow for defense, and free up our attention to focus on other players.

@SummerTheLynx, this is your 3rd day voting for Jill, any reason you can share?

:thinking:

I dunno what to make of your information

I thought the same thing about Epi's play style last game, but she ended up being a villager. Then I reread an older game where she played the same way, and was villager again. So I dunno, I think she might be the kind of player who's maddeningly suspicious no matter what?

On the other hand, I can't help but think that those types of players are pretty good lynch picks in the absence of any other leads. If we're going to be suspicious of them all game, might as well lynch, allow for defense, and free up our attention to focus on other players.

@SummerTheLynx, this is your 3rd day voting for Jill, any reason you can share?

Who is EVL in the lynch tallies? Do you know?

If that is epi, then her keeping her vote on TP during the end of that lynch while sitting there pretending to be thinking, especially after TP role revealed is incredibly suspicious. And the "thinking" and beating around the bush play style is typical of a wolf. So, if she is a villager doing that, time to break her of that bad habit.

I think EVL is epivetlove

Reactions: 3 users
Interesting, I took it as a block since it implied I couldn't leave my house. Thought I might draw some heat being blocked on a no kill night. :oops:

In that case, maybe I was the target?
It very well could have been a block, I guess we'll have to wait and see if anyone comes on and informs us that they blocked you. A protector is obviously not going to come right out and say that they protected you. The only reason I thought protection was because of what LoTF said about bears generally helping the heros. The "good thing you had no intentions of leaving" does kind of imply block though...hmm. But I guess if the bear was being used to block a potential wolf, that would be helping the good guys (villagers) and not the person being blocked (ie protection).

Also, who the hell is EVL????

Maybe I am channeling my inner SOV (scary, very scary), but I am too old and busy to keep up with new nicknames, can we keep the original ones?

Thanks.

Now I am demanding some stories. I like stories.
I would also prefer that we continue to call Epivet "epi" rather than this EVL nonsense. I was confused by the unofficial tallies a couple times :p

Read back through the end of lynch, and DVMD makes a good point. Epi definitely seemed to be around as lynch was closing, acknowledged TP's role reveal, but kept her vote, preserving the tie. What's the most typical tie result, both get killed? Attractive prospects for a wolf.

Read back through the end of lynch, and DVMD makes a good point. Epi definitely seemed to be around as lynch was closing, acknowledged TP's role reveal, but kept her vote, preserving the tie. What's the most typical tie result, both get killed? Attractive prospects for a wolf.
The tie results really depend on the mods, game mechanics, etc

Not sure how the tie was figured out in our case. Sometimes if there's a mayor, they get to break it...other times there are certain methods the mods use. I'd say it's not the norm that both parties in the tie get killed but it has definitely happened.

I know one of the most frustrating things for me as a villager who reveals close to lynch and people start backing off of me is someone who doesn't (obviously lol). And in this case since the tie was preserved, I think I'm also inclined to lynch epivetlove

As allie stated, ties can go many different ways depending upon the mods and game mechanics.

However, I am not even interested that it ended in a tie. Heck, the simple fact that epi was around, acknowledged a role reveal of a prominent good character, then still pretended to hem and haw without changing her vote is suspicious. The outcome of the lynch doesn't matter in this case, whether that be a tie, TP being lynched, or TP being second or third. The fact that you are going to acknowledge someone's role reveal of a clearly good character and then post that you are still "thinking" is suspicious. Even if you had no idea who you wanted to lynch instead, the proper response is to unlynch the person who just role revealed the clearly villager role.

And stories. Lots of stories. More stories than anything. Why don't people tell me stories? I ask for them and I don't receive.... I has a sad now.... :(

Sorry y'all don't like my voting style. I want sure who to pick, even after role reveals. Both seemed like plausible roles and I had gotten into a conversation with my roommate when lynch closing came around, so I didn't waffle. I don't try to be suspicious on purpose, I'm just not a WW pro. If that's reason to take me out of the game, then by all means, give the wolves an easy win.

I've got one nagging hesitation, but it's totally conjecture, so I'll go ahead and lynch Epi.

And stories. Lots of stories. More stories than anything. Why don't people tell me stories? I ask for them and I don't receive.... I has a sad now.... :(

LOTF and I were actually discussing this last night, whether or not this was just a post restriction or if someone really needs to tell you some kind of story :p

Sorry y'all don't like my voting style. I want sure who to pick, even after role reveals. Both seemed like plausible roles and I had gotten into a conversation with my roommate when lynch closing came around, so I didn't waffle. I don't try to be suspicious on purpose, I'm just not a WW pro. If that's reason to take me out of the game, then by all means, give the wolves an easy win.
Whoa, that seems a little extreme. I mean, hopefully this early in the game the villagers still outnumber the wolves by a good margin. Are you implying that you being removed means the wolves win?

Whoa, that seems a little extreme. I mean, hopefully this early in the game the villagers still outnumber the wolves by a good margin. Are you implying that you being removed means the wolves win?

What? No, sorry! I meant a win for this lynch cycle.

Since it would mean taking out a villager.

I really should wait to post when I'm on a computer and not my phone. x_x

So... I had a dream about this game...and some stuff happened that didn't actually happen in real life. So that's making this a little confusing, but I'm catching up now.

I'm not sure what to think of LIS's theory. I want it to be true since I think it would make things easier for us but I don't know. Perhaps this is what the alethiometer was trying to tell me the other night "Be careful what you reveal, and what you believe." Maybe LIS's source is fooling him.

lynch STL

Their repetitive vote for jilary bugs me. Plus their not acting crazy enough. Silly as that seems...polite repeated votes seem like stalls for time and im feeling absolutely zero suspicions off of jilary to explainwhy stl keeps voting for them.

I'm not sure what to think of LIS's theory. I want it to be true since I think it would make things easier for us but I don't know. Perhaps this is what the alethiometer was trying to tell me the other night "Be careful what you reveal, and what you believe." Maybe LIS's source is fooling him.

On a somewhat related note...
For any future hail-Mary role reveals, it's probably enough to reveal character name only. Let's try to keep role descriptions out of it if we can, at least at first. Limit the free info we hand over to the wolves.

Thanks to whomever healed me last night!

Full disclosure, I believe I was blocked last night, but I'm not the reason for the no-kill. My results said:

A large bear waited outside your home all night. Good thing you had no intentions of leaving. It did allow someone to come in and visit you though, and that person healed your injuries.
I'm inclined to think this was a block rather than protection. I concur with the others that the bears are generally good though.
Noob question - if it was protection, would this prohibit anyone from interacting with Kam (like the healer) or just bad things like attacks?

Okay in my opinion, the most suspicious people are MJ, FS and Epi. I feel like the most "evidence" is for Epi so I'm going to lynch epi unless other knowledge comes out.