This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here's what I've done so far:

N1: block kata/zen - no reason, it was successful.
N2: block STL - he was voting to lynch me, so that was good enough reason to block him. My block was redirected to aloha, I know who redirected me. That's why I said I new aloha couldn't have been responsible for the kill that night.
N3: block Kam - I figured Kam or dy may have been lying. If Kam wan honestly injured, blocking wouldn't do any harm. Ironically there was no kill that night.
N4: block Finnick - just going off LIS's theory of at least one wolf per group, and I didn't feel DocE was a wolf. Then I died.
 
lynch FS for incredibly sketchy role. I agree that STL lynching Pantalaimon repeatedly is sketchy, but I'll save that lynch for when I don't have a clue.

I think I remember someone saying that there was a conversion. From the write-up, it sounds to me like Dyachei was an original wolf with a mod-delivered villager cover, so we'd still be looking for the convert. How solid is the evidence that there is a wolf convert?
 
But the restriction wasn't there until about day 2. He had normal posts at one point

Yeah, I looked back at that.... wondering if that post wasn't by accident to be honest. Given the content of the post of him being drunk + travel, but I could be wrong.


I have also had a restriction that didn't kick in until I found a specific something I was looking for. I specifically recall it was a game where I was a seer and as soon as I found a wolf, I could no longer post anything but a lynch vote. I really do NOT think that is what is occurring here, but it has happened before where a restriction doesn't kick in immediately.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
### lynch fs###

I'm not down to lynch Iorek, and STL isn't going anywhere, and FS seems the sketchiest/has the most evil role
 
I think I remember someone saying that there was a conversion. From the write-up, it sounds to me like Dyachei was an original wolf with a mod-delivered villager cover, so we'd still be looking for the convert. How solid is the evidence that there is a wolf convert?

kcough said there had been a conversion. She didn't state where the information came from though and I don't think I've seen her yet today to ask her about it.
 
kcough said there had been a conversion. She didn't state where the information came from though and I don't think I've seen her yet today to ask her about it.
@kcoughli, could you explain some of your evidence for a conversion? It won't affect today's lynch (I still think FS sounds sketchy), but it would affect some of my future votes.
 
*******lynch fs*******

For very sketchy sounding role. Unless the mods are totally messing with us, no way that character wouldn't be a wolf.
 
Let us take a little journey through time, back to the lynch of epivet. Someone asked "Would the mods really write a role that is the same as the wikipedia page?" I think you know the answer to that question. And again today..."Unless the mods are totally messing with us, no way that character wouldn't be a wolf."

Sorry. Turns out we're totally messing with you.

You have lynched @Frozenshades, who was Yelena Pazhets, a headstrong witch and (due to a typo) a vanilla vanilla.

It is now Night 5. Deadline is whenever I get everything. 22 players remain.

Jordan College

Trilt
LIS
DVMD
Em Jay
kcough
London Canals
aloha
DocE
Kam
finnick
Jilary
Svalbard
Hayley
LotF
Allie
STB
Bolvangar
FFM
Deva
Rojo
SOV
Citagazze
tp
STL
Zen
caiter
Land of the Dead

pp9 - Father Gomez
Hazel - Lady Salmakia
PBC - Farder Coram
Epivet - Bernie Johansen
Rog - Roger Parslow
dyachei - Lord Boreal
Lupin - Ruta Skadi
FS - Yelena Pazhets


 
I'm mad I got talked into voting for you fs. Let's see if we can fix this.

I'm not.

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck and looks like a duck, 99.9% of the time, it is a duck.

*Insert my probably unpopular opinion of how I feel about making games confusing and against storyline for no reason or purpose other than because (for some reason) people have jumped onto this train that if a game isn't "confusing" it isn't good. Which is simply, untrue.*





^Look, I already said story. 😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not.

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck and looks like a duck, 99.9% of the time, it is a duck.

*Insert my probably unpopular opinion of how I feel about making games confusing and against storyline for no reason or purpose other than because (for some reason) people have jumped onto this train that if a game isn't "confusing" it isn't good. Which is simply, untrue.*





^Look, I already said story. 😉
Fair. But mama/king bear is still on a rampage.
 
Um yes there's been a conversion. Legit source. Some of my Jordan college peeps should help support. I'm literally sitting at the turkey table right now. Also I'm injured so if anyone can spread the heals I'd appreciate it
 
Oh yay. We got suckered into voting for a role that by all rights should have been a wolf just because the mods wanted to 'fool us'.

Lame.

I doubt its beacause they wanted to fool you nor because they wanted to go against the storyline, as suggested by dvmd. There are no shortage of very clear bad guys in this book. They have clearly chosen an extremely specific subset as "the most evil" and these people are the ones who are the wolves. It just means we need to assume high ranking members of the religious authority are probably wolves and be a bit more discerning about "other people who also got in the way in the story".
 
So working on the theory that there is at least 1 wolf per starting group, I've been roaring at my group trying to figure out who in my kingdom doesn't belong.

We started with:
Allie: who I have assumed is a villager due to her moving people ability
Epi: Bernie
FS: vanilla vanilla Yelena
Heyhayley: who voted to lynch me despite talking with me last night and claims to be a villager, but will reveal nothing to prove it, though Stb is backing her, again with no real info
Me: Iorek villager bear king
SOV: who moved groups very early and never really talked to any of us.

So, @StartingoverVet , wanna shed some light into why the raging bear shouldn't come after you? If you clear yourself, I have a pretty clear choice for who to attack and I'm laying it in the open so others can see too.

I ain't scared of no wolf!
 
I doubt its beacause they wanted to fool you nor because they wanted to go against the storyline, as suggested by dvmd. There are no shortage of very clear bad guys in this book. They have clearly chosen an extremely specific subset as "the most evil" and these people are the ones who are the wolves. It just means we need to assume high ranking members of the religious authority are probably wolves and be a bit more discerning about "other people who also got in the way in the story".

With that said, I dont blame anyone for going for this vote. Not at all. It looked and smelled like a wolf role. Now we've learned.
 
Am I the only one who noticed the "by a typo" portion of the write up? Does that mean he was supposed to be a wolf but ended up being vanilla be accident? I know the first part of the write up says mod trickery... But just looking to clarify on that part. If it was a mistake that ended up fooling us, it means our logic is probably on track.... Bad guy = wolf.

At family's house now for turkey, will be checking in sporadically.
 
Am I the only one who noticed the "by a typo" portion of the write up? Does that mean he was supposed to be a wolf but ended up being vanilla be accident? I know the first part of the write up says mod trickery... But just looking to clarify on that part. If it was a mistake that ended up fooling us, it means our logic is probably on track.... Bad guy = wolf.

At family's house now for turkey, will be checking in sporadically.
No, he was a vanilla vanilla as a typo
 
So working on the theory that there is at least 1 wolf per starting group, I've been roaring at my group trying to figure out who in my kingdom doesn't belong.

We started with:
Allie: who I have assumed is a villager due to her moving people ability
Epi: Bernie
FS: vanilla vanilla Yelena
Heyhayley: who voted to lynch me despite talking with me last night and claims to be a villager, but will reveal nothing to prove it, though Stb is backing her, again with no real info
Me: Iorek villager bear king
SOV: who moved groups very early and never really talked to any of us.

So, @StartingoverVet , wanna shed some light into why the raging bear shouldn't come after you? If you clear yourself, I have a pretty clear choice for who to attack and I'm laying it in the open so others can see too.

I ain't scared of no wolf!


Mama bear's porridge is toooo cold!!!11!!
 
I think it's vanilla vanilla that is the typo instead of vanilla villager.

There are few characters that are evil through the whole series, and few that are all good through the series. So it may have been "mod trickery" or just he didn't make the evil cut.
 
So working on the theory that there is at least 1 wolf per starting group, I've been roaring at my group trying to figure out who in my kingdom doesn't belong.

We started with:
Allie: who I have assumed is a villager due to her moving people ability
Epi: Bernie
FS: vanilla vanilla Yelena
Heyhayley: who voted to lynch me despite talking with me last night and claims to be a villager, but will reveal nothing to prove it, though Stb is backing her, again with no real info
Me: Iorek villager bear king
SOV: who moved groups very early and never really talked to any of us.

So, @StartingoverVet , wanna shed some light into why the raging bear shouldn't come after you? If you clear yourself, I have a pretty clear choice for who to attack and I'm laying it in the open so others can see too.

I ain't scared of no wolf!

Just because you aren't privy to it doesn't mean there isn't real info.
 
Mama bear's porridge is toooo cold!!!11!!
Too cold for Goldilocks, just right for a mama that doesn't want to burn her tongue (or that gave the warm portions to the daddy and baby because she's pretty darn selfless like that, then went for a walk to "let the portions cool" because nothing is good enough for the other bears)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mods, nevermind, sorry.

Everyone else, I'm sorry for the fake-out. I thought I'd found a contradiction in the posts suggesting someone as a convert, but that was because I misremembered some earlier information. I just finished rereading earlier posts. I've got nothing 🙁.
 
So working on the theory that there is at least 1 wolf per starting group, I've been roaring at my group trying to figure out who in my kingdom doesn't belong.

We started with:
Allie: who I have assumed is a villager due to her moving people ability
Epi: Bernie
FS: vanilla vanilla Yelena
Heyhayley: who voted to lynch me despite talking with me last night and claims to be a villager, but will reveal nothing to prove it, though Stb is backing her, again with no real info
Me: Iorek villager bear king
SOV: who moved groups very early and never really talked to any of us.

So, @StartingoverVet , wanna shed some light into why the raging bear shouldn't come after you? If you clear yourself, I have a pretty clear choice for who to attack and I'm laying it in the open so others can see too.

I ain't scared of no wolf!
There is no logic here. Allie moves people, she moved me. That is suspicious how?

And I led the attack on our group, why would I do that if I was a wolf? I would just force myself to be lynched early. That makes no sense.

And NO ONE was talking in our group but Allie and I before I moved.
 
Cull the actionless!

(I may or may not be having too much NAVLE studying).




Stories!
the-purge-2-release-date-lead.jpg


purge
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Three attacks, two deaths.

Dead is kcoughli, Dr. Mary Malone, a villager who could ask the mods yes or no questions.

Dead is STL, whose body could not be recovered.

It is now Day 6. 20 players remain.

Jordan College
Trilt
LIS
DVMD
Em Jay
London Canals
aloha
DocE
Kam
finnick
Jilary
Svalbard
Hayley
LotF
Allie
STB
Bolvangar
FFM
Deva
Rojo
SOV
Citagazze
tp
Zen
caiter
Land of the Dead

pp9 - Father Gomez
Hazel - Lady Salmakia
PBC - Farder Coram
Epivet - Bernie Johansen
Rog - Roger Parslow
dyachei - Lord Boreal
Lupin - Ruta Skadi
FS - Yelena Pazhets
Kcough - Dr. Mary Malone
STL - ?????