His Dark Materials WW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The first few days all hell broke loose in my life, and by that time it calmed down I was super behind and felt like it would be more suspicious to get more active, so I've just following along as best I can and trying to do lynches and night actions as best I can, but I think I missed one Wednesday when day closed at like noon my time :p

Not a wolf, and someone out of group can vouch for me, but I'm not going to make them.

Not being super active wasn't the plan, it just sort of happened. I probably should have asked the mods to switch me out at the start of the game when crap happened, but I was hoping this would be a good distraction since I really enjoyed the first game I was in. Sorry for not being more active guys :(

I totally believe you that things happened and you've been busy, but I just find it slightly suspicious that you came on to say that 10 minutes after you were voted to lynched for the first time? Not saying I'm ready to lynch you here, just that I don't accept it as a defense (like TP said).

Members don't see this ad.

I'm gonna ask this again because no one responded last time. What is the evidence for one wolf in each group theory?

First question asked by kcoughli. She also asked if there had been any conversions (yes), but her other two questions were unanswered - she's the one who was "frustrated by the silence of the heavens" in night two write-up.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I totally believe you that things happened and you've been busy, but I just find it slightly suspicious that you came on to say that 10 minutes after you were voted to lynched for the first time? Not saying I'm ready to lynch you here, just that I don't accept it as a defense (like TP said).

I've been following along this whole time for the most part, just not posting much in thread. Also I role revealed right after that.

I'm Baruch. So a villager, just a super quiet one this game.

I've been following along this whole time for the most part, just not posting much in thread. Also I role revealed right after that.

I'm Baruch. So a villager, just a super quiet one this game.
Fwiw, this information is consistent with what Lupin knew of caiter prior to her death, however was not seer information

Looks like I have a busy day ahead of me so lynch hayley

I'm open to changing my mine but personally I think I'd like to crack this group. Hopping around doesn't do us any good.

And to the people who don't know much about me... well, you haven't really asked. I'm not hiding anything, just not volunteering information no one asked for.

Ugh guys I'm really not a wolf. I can't say much else without putting myself in danger of other attacks...

I'd be willing to lynch someone in my group. I'd been leaning hard toward Finn until Aloha said Doc didn't have any items last night. Doc has had information that could be explained by item making, but could as easily be explained by wolf-group powers and random item receipt (or guessing/outright lying). It seems unlikely to me that Aloha would get faulty results---her ability already has a pretty high built in failure rate, so it would be surprising if she did find one of the few players who has an item only to be told they don't.

Mods. Care to bail me out on this if you're the ones who dropped the ball on the alethiometer not getting stolen? I would accuse aloha of lying, but she is definitely an item theif. Could she be a wolf item theif and try to frame me .... but the mods dropping the ball on her power seems more likely.

As far as @thedrjojo 's question: not a damn thing. I tried and failed three times to make an item. Couldn't make an altheiometer. Couldnt make an item that "revives people" and had my power flat out stolen once. So someone out there can back up that i can make items because they straight out stole my whole power. (and yes. it didnt say blocked. It said stole). I have another power that Ive used on jilary and she witnessed its use. I did tell Jilary I had success with making one item, but didnt tell her which. That was one of those DocE fibs because I dont want to be lynched over my primary power not working yet (and thus appearing fake). The secondary power is also how i had incidental info on dyachei. It is not how I had info on SOV (there is an item out there that watches overnight moves). I can alternate them. If anyone has an idea for an item that they think I'll be able to make, go right ahead and tell me. I can try to make an item tonight and prove my worth.

Mods. Care to bail me out on this if you're the ones who dropped the ball on the alethiometer not getting stolen? I would accuse aloha of lying, but she is definitely an item theif. Could she be a wolf item theif and try to frame me .... but the mods dropping the ball on her power seems more likely.

As far as @thedrjojo 's question: not a damn thing. I tried and failed three times to make an item. Couldn't make an altheiometer. Couldnt make an item that "revives people" and had my power flat out stolen once. So someone out there can back up that i can make items because they straight out stole my whole power. (and yes. it didnt say blocked. It said stole). I have another power that Ive used on jilary and she witnessed its use. I did tell Jilary I had success with making one item, but didnt tell her which. That was one of those DocE fibs because I dont want to be lynched over my primary power not working yet (and thus appearing fake). The secondary power is also how i had incidental info on dyachei. It is not how I had info on SOV (there is an item out there that watches overnight moves). I can alternate them. If anyone has an idea for an item that they think I'll be able to make, go right ahead and tell me. I can try to make an item tonight and prove my worth.

@WildZoo @Gwenevre .

If you dont hear back from them, my assumption is look very heavily at aloha for lying about her power use. But I get the feeling aloha will end up being vindicated by the mods admitting they dropped the ball. Because I had the alethiometer (why lie about that. Its a useless item and its been making the rounds in an incredibly easy to track manner)

Did the ability stealing happened the same night as you had the alethiometer or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
No idea who to lynch.

I will maybe try to think of a story to tell.

Official Lynch Tally

LoTF (2) Kam, Hayley
Kam (1) DVMD
Hayley (3) LoTF, DocE, finnick
SOV () -
STL () -
Finnick (1) Trilt
Caiter () -

7/20 votes

nope. ability steal was night #3 i believe.

Ah nevermind I was wondering if it's possible her item stealing thing also includes ability stealing . Well if no one comes forward and says they had the alethiometer the same night as you, I will also be suspicious of aloha.

There once was a man, not from Nantucket, but somewhere much less interesting. His wife was working overnights every couple days for an ER rotation. The man's young children were driving him nuts. He would like to take them to a store or something to get them out of the house, but he is wary of the Black Friday craziness. At least he will not starve with leftovers in the fridge. The man wonders what sporting events are on tv today, but fears there will be nothing of interest.

The End

There once was a man, not from Nantucket, but somewhere much less interesting. His wife was working overnights every couple days for an ER rotation. The man's young children were driving him nuts. He would like to take them to a store or something to get them out of the house, but he is wary of the Black Friday craziness. At least he will not starve with leftovers in the fridge. The man wonders what sporting events are on tv today, but fears there will be nothing of interest.

The End

The man could consider dissolving very small amounts of benadryl into a sippy cup filled with juice. Then providing these to the young children. The man may then have a bit of peace.... ;)

I like stories.

(The above is a joke, in case it was not obvious).

Reactions: 3 users
Def wasn't lying. Mod error? Possibly.

I'd like to figure out who the wolf is in LoTF group. It has to be someone. Due to lack of defense

••••••lynch Hayley•••••••

Unlynch Finnick, lynch Hayley.

I'm willing to give up my totally unsubstantiated feels to force either a lynch or an explanation. No leads elsewhere, so lets just narrow the field in some way.

Def wasn't lying. Mod error? Possibly.

I'd like to figure out who the wolf is in LoTF group. It has to be someone. Due to lack of defense

••••••lynch Hayley•••••••

I was hoping they'd post it here. But so far looks like no. Mods just PMd me that is was a mod error.

Quoting PMs is allowed or disallowed here?

The man could consider dissolving very small amounts of benadryl into a sippy cup filled with juice. Then providing these to the young children. The man may then have a bit of peace.... ;)

I like stories.

(The above is a joke, in case it was not obvious).

Benedryl has the opposite effect on the man's kids, as was discovered on the trip known as "the plane trip from hell".

Reactions: 4 users
I was hoping they'd post it here. But so far looks like no. Mods just PMd me that is was a mod error.

Quoting PMs is allowed or disallowed here?

Ninja, I got the same answer. Red flag gone.

Thought I had while in the shower. Could STLs death and lack of identity be a wolf special power. The WW all star game had the Trojan virus character. If it killed it assumed the identity if the person it killed and left an unidentifiable corpse behind.

Considering STL was gonna be lynched soon, killing them seemed very odd. But considering it was confirmed that they couldn't even PM, it's entirely possible they told no one their role name and as such they were the perfect role to steal. No one will say that a dead person had thar role.

I think this is a pretty damn good theory. So great. We have another wolf with an alibi.

Thought I had while in the shower. Could STLs death and lack of identity be a wolf special power. The WW all star game had the Trojan virus character. If it killed it assumed the identity if the person it killed and left an unidentifiable corpse behind.

Considering STL was gonna be lynched soon, killing them seemed very odd. But considering it was confirmed that they couldn't even PM, it's entirely possible they told no one their role name and as such they were the perfect role to steal. No one will say that a dead person had thar role.

I think this is a pretty damn good theory. So great. We have another wolf with an alibi.

Ok, thought I had after reading this.... and I could be recalling the write up regarding dyachei incorrectly, but could she have stolen his role as well as forced him to vote for a specific person with the role steal. Then STL was forced to only lynch vote and couldn't PM?

Would be really harsh, but just something that I thought of and would kind of line up with him posting at first on thread and then no longer posting.

Stories.

Catching up quick from work, considering Doc and Aloha mix up has been cleared up, unlynch Lotr, Lynch Finnick.

With luck, it'll be a bad alibi. I'd be shocked if a completely virtuous character.

On the other hand, if someone did steal STL's ability, then STL wasn't the wolf. Which means, if the one-wolf-per-group holds true, that there's still a wolf to find in my group. STB reached out to me a little bit about his role following the epivet lynch. Caiter's role seems believable. What was TP's defense, again?

You all are really going to regret lynching me. From my group I'm starting to suspect Allie because she's the only one whose role I don't know. Her ability, while not blatently wolf like, definitely does not exonerate her.

And to Jilary yes I role revealed to someone, so two people know who I am. Your guess is most likely correct.

Ok, thought I had after reading this.... and I could be recalling the write up regarding dyachei incorrectly, but could she have stolen his role as well as forced him to vote for a specific person with the role steal. Then STL was forced to only lynch vote and couldn't PM?

Would be really harsh, but just something that I thought of and would kind of line up with him posting at first on thread and then no longer posting.

Stories.
I could believe this if only because I've noticed I've been wolf killed early in every game where dy is a wolf, possibly coincidence, but it's a pattern I've noticed. Wolf kills have also been weird this game. I know several people thought my killing was odd as was STL's. I assumed STL's death may have been a villager kill, and I understand a villager assassin not wanting to reveal that ability if they don't have to, especially if they have more than one kill. I honestly didn't want STL lynched because I thought something bad might happen. I thought a night kill was the likely the best way to figure out what was going on with him, but I also didn't see it as likely since he couldn't really participate in the game and he was constantly up to be lynched.

Well Kam I can't defend myself against arguments that don't exist. If the only justification for voting against me is that you talked to everyone else in my group... well all I can say is someone pulled the wool over your eyes and so I dont really trust your confident defense of allie and hayley either. It's pretty clear to me that you can be fooled because I do believe there was a wolf in each in group but its not me.

You all are really going to regret lynching me. .

This isn't a defense.... if you are really a villager you are helping no one by not providing a defense.

If you are trying to "hide" because you feel you have a super important/special role, well, that has already been made obvious. Wolves could give two craps less what your actual name is, they care about your ability and with the amount of hemming and hawing and claiming you are important... that is all they need.

You aren't helping anyone by not providing an outright defense.

Stories.

Reactions: 2 users
I really don't like the Haley lynch. Early in the game I thought I picked up on some subtle clues and I feel I have an idea as to her role. Didn't she role reveal to someone?
I had a pretty good idea of who Hayley was based on info I obtained elsewhere and she confirmed it via PM after I got moved to her group. While I don't have any concrete info from the mods about her role and can't definitively clear her, I believe her. It's a role that would definitely be in the game that no one else has claimed to be or hinted at. I don't think lynching her is a good idea.

Question for experienced players- if a person resurrected goes from villager-->wolf when they are brought back to life, is that considered a convert? Or is a conversion only considered if the wolves directly convert an alive player? So when we got the info of a conversion happening, it could easily be Trilt or jilary, correct?

You all are really going to regret lynching me. From my group I'm starting to suspect Allie because she's the only one whose role I don't know. Her ability, while not blatently wolf like, definitely does not exonerate her.

And to Jilary yes I role revealed to someone, so two people know who I am. Your guess is most likely correct.
I know I'm going off feels here, and my feels aren't always the best, but please don't lynch Haley today. Investigate her tonight, but let her live through today (and maybe offer her some protection too).

Everything that DocE said he told me is true. I don't suspect him at this time. I also don't suspect Aloha. That leaves Finnick and Kam in my group. I'm leaning towards Kam just due to the no-kill night, but that could have also been a conversion night. DocE seems to trust Kam a bit though, so I'm torn.

Does anyone know when kcough asked about conversion? Was it before or after I was resurrected? I came back villager per mods, but I lost my abilities (not uncommon). Hopefully when she asked will help lessen concerns that I came back a wolf.

Question for experienced players- if a person resurrected goes from villager-->wolf when they are brought back to life, is that considered a convert? Or is a conversion only considered if the wolves directly convert an alive player? So when we got the info of a conversion happening, it could easily be Trilt or jilary, correct?

Kcough's question was "As of Day 3, have there been any villager to wolf conversions?" and the answer was yes. I need to double check, but I think Jilary was not resurrected at that time. I could be a wolf if that's the way it works, but I'm not - I was just told I was resurrected, welcome back!

I know I'm going off feels here, and my feels aren't always the best, but please don't lynch Haley today. Investigate her tonight, but let her live through today (and maybe offer her some protection too).

Everything that DocE said he told me is true. I don't suspect him at this time. I also don't suspect Aloha. That leaves Finnick and Kam in my group. I'm leaning towards Kam just due to the no-kill night, but that could have also been a conversion night. DocE seems to trust Kam a bit though, so I'm torn.

Does anyone know when kcough asked about conversion? Was it before or after I was resurrected? I came back villager per mods, but I lost my abilities (not uncommon). Hopefully when she asked will help lessen concerns that I came back a wolf.

Eh. I talked to cam. Their defense for a bad move earlier in the game is "I had role info that I didn't totally believe, but it is my role info so I'm gonna ride or die by it".

Which is completely understandable. But it does little for me trust wise. Kam is just kam and is a relatively neutral read to me.

nope. ability steal was night #3 i believe.
Confirmed - It was Tuesday night, N3 that you told me your item making ability was stolen. I assume the wolves didn't have any luck with it either since they didn't steal it again. Could this be like the Christmas game (I think) last year where you have multiple abilities but only one of them works?

Eh. I talked to cam. Their defense for a bad move earlier in the game is "I had role info that I didn't totally believe, but it is my role info so I'm gonna ride or die by it".

Which is completely understandable. But it does little for me trust wise. Kam is just kam and is a relatively neutral read to me.

I strongly believe in lynching these people. They are either wolf or not in it as a team player.

Either you are a villager who wants to help the villagers win, in which case, you provide information at a point that it is necessary. Or you are a wolf, in which case, you intentionally withhold information like above.

Stories.

I have also spoken with Kam. They have not given any real evidence for being safe, similar to in this thread, just saying that they have info but giving no specifics what the info is.

Someone also mentioned Zen having a weak defense, any more info on that? I think I believe TP currently, they role revealed early on and have seemed normal since. Caiter, still up in the air on what I think of her.