This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FINALLY.

By the way guys, when you wondered whether the wolves would really convert Finnick the answer was no. No, they would not.
I was the freebie they got with their purchase of MJ. But I was super excited because I always wanted to be a wolf.

I just hope I didn't annoy them too much. I asked a lot of questions. I was really worried about screwing up. :laugh:

Also, can we know what was up with STL and Zen?

STLs death was hidden because of a wolf power. I don't know what the deal was with Zen.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Super fun game even though us wolves grumbled a lot about things not going our way 😉 Probably one of the best times I've had as a wolf.

Sitting there watching DocE toot his own horn after my last minute lynch attempt went sour was quite difficult though lol
 
So what I learned from this game: when a character doesn't work in the context of the series you know, it's not because the mods just stretched the character a little bit. It's actually because the mods have created an insane chaos character who is frolicking about ****ing with everyone. And you should still kill him. 😛

I also had no idea people didn't usually come back with their powers... that would have been good to know.

Also, mods:
Thank_you.gif
 
I want to know who's bright idea was to kill me on the second night, preventing me from playing WW in all of my free time over thanksgiving break... :caution:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So what I learned from this game: when a character doesn't work in the context of the series you know, it's not because the mods just stretched the character a little bit. It's actually because the mods have created an insane chaos character who is frolicking about ****ing with everyone. And you should still kill him. 😛

I also had no idea people didn't usually come back with their powers... that would have been good to know.

Also, mods:
Thank_you.gif

Hey. In defense of the mods, that's totally how the role was written and how id handle someone like that if I was designing it too
 
I want to know who's bright idea was to kill me on the second night, preventing me from playing WW in all of my free time over thanksgiving break... :caution:
Aaaaand ironically the Thanksgiving break when most people had a ton of freetime was when I was most absent, and even missed a couple lynch votes. (never missed a night action, though! 😉 )

Seriously I was like "WTF!" when I checked my phone on Thanksgiving day and saw that everyone had apparently been active enough to get through multiple day cycles...how?? 😛 really helped me fly under the radar and survive, though!
 
No. I *already* had bear liver extract and put it devas drink. It just didn't work.

The cake was just an attempt to be nice and maybe the mods smile
Did you get my gift? Since there was no use for my chocolatl I told the mods to throw it at your head 😉
 
Thanks for the game, mods! Even though I didn't get to play much, I still enjoyed being a creepy lurker and watching everything unfold. 🙂

Plus, all the David Tennant gifs were an unexpected bonus. 😀
 
Also villagers be happy. There was a huge hissy fit had by the angels because we had found a loophole in the game but it was hand waved away by the mods (their opinion will be different but we will agree to very strongly disagree). But alas, gaming the system is usually frowned upon.

But you so nearly lost two rounds ago when mj went down.

If you noticed, we had tie game situation every day since mj died. We had a plan for that mapped out in advance
 
Technically the non-dead player in a tie is injured, but if you follow Hayley's injury to its conclusion we either end up with the same result or we end up with Doc and Hayley forever injured and unable to vote because there is no longer any way to be healed. In which case mods win. So consider that another option for the ending of this game I guess...but I would rather the game end today to be honest.
So what I learned from this game: when a character doesn't work in the context of the series you know, it's not because the mods just stretched the character a little bit. It's actually because the mods have created an insane chaos character who is frolicking about ****ing with everyone. And you should still kill him. 😛
:laugh: in this case, yes. But Doc was right on point with your complaints. You were being too restrictive in your scope of the character. I preferred an earlier version of The Authority 😉 I also like to deviate from the source material and make the story my own a bit when I'm running a game. You kind of have to in most cases.
 
Ok, noobs... you were supposed to lynch DocE immediately after allie died... Heck I even stated he was next needed to be addressed right before I died.

Also, you never, ever, ever believe a damn word out of Doc's mouth. Yes, I played chicken for a bit with him but that was because he knew he was backed up to a last ditch effort to stay alive and was going to battle for the villagers at that point. You play chaos to your advantage then dump them. If you don't think you can do this, you dump them immediately.


Also, it is Doc... just lynch him on principle.

Also, for any future noobs designing games.. chaos is NOT supposed to get 234132 converts. They really shouldn't get any, but I can see a case for them getting one. You jump past that and you have created a second wolf group that just can't kill. That isn't how chaos is meant to work.

Anyway, good game.

Doc played some noobs. Noobs got played. @dyachei should have won. 😉 🙂
 
What I learned from this game is that I'm not very calm under the pressure of being a wolf. Any time my name came up I felt a teeny little panic and I had no clue what to say and was absolutely positive that any time I opened my mouth I was digging a hole. I truly was surprised I survived as long as I did although I probably owe a lot of that to aloha getting killed suddenly.

Wolves had a few hissy fits/whiney moments along the way as well :angelic:

Us? Have hissy fits? Never!
 
STL: the wolves had the ability to guess that a player would die that night (not by their hands) or in the upcoming day. If they were right, that player's role would be revealed to them instead of on the thread.
Zen: her affiliation would only be revealed if she was killed at night. Oh, and she would have been pissed if she had been seered, because she would have seered wolf. Heh.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can't game designers technically do whatever they want?

Uhh, yes, but no.

You have to balance out the game so that neither wolves or villagers are getting an advantage. If you add in a chaos character you have to balance that too.

It isn't just some random mechanics strung together because you like them and then tossed out there. You have to be sure it will work or people get frustrated/bored/whatever and stop paying attention or playing.
 
Ok, noobs... you were supposed to lynch DocE immediately after allie died... Heck I even stated he was next needed to be addressed right before I died.

Also, you never, ever, ever believe a damn word out of Doc's mouth. Yes, I played chicken for a bit with him but that was because he knew he was backed up to a last ditch effort to stay alive and was going to battle for the villagers at that point. You play chaos to your advantage then dump them. If you don't think you can do this, you dump them immediately.


Also, it is Doc... just lynch him on principle.

Also, for any future noobs designing games.. chaos is NOT supposed to get 234132 converts. They really shouldn't get any, but I can see a case for them getting one. You jump past that and you have created a second wolf group that just can't kill. That isn't how chaos is meant to work.

Anyway, good game.

Doc played some noobs. Noobs got played. @dyachei should have won. 😉 🙂

To be fair I was shocked I had converts, but without then the game was unwinnable as my win condition was kill ALL villagers and ALL wolves with no kill ability of my own.

I flat out told sov this and that I viewed the game as a win if I could just kill ask the wolves. Which was true when it was just myself and lis (I converted him super early). And I was, hand to the bible, just going to lay down and die once the wolves were gone.

Then I converted csiter and ffm super late when everyone was chasing those few last wolves. At that point I realized I had 4 angels in a band with 10 people (aka we were the biggest faction) after being ready to vote for myself and let it go peacefully two rounds before
 
Uhh, yes, but no.

You have to balance out the game so that neither wolves or villagers are getting an advantage. If you add in a chaos character you have to balance that too.

It isn't just some random mechanics strung together because you like them and then tossed out there. You have to be sure it will work or people get frustrated/bored/whatever and stop paying attention or playing.

The sov method.

Just playing. But not really. Maybe just mostly
 
Also villagers be happy. There was a huge hissy fit had by the angels because we had found a loophole in the game but it was hand waved away by the mods (their opinion will be different but we will agree to very strongly disagree). But alas, gaming the system is usually frowned upon.

But you so nearly lost two rounds ago when mj went down.

If you noticed, we had tie game situation every day since mj died. We had a plan for that mapped out in advance
That lynch deadline had to be strictly enforced because I played Caiter within the rules of the game. I purposefully changed to MJ right at deadline because I knew she was lurking and figured that if she voted MJ (after deadline so it didn't count), she was one of yours based on some feels I got after both she and FFM revealed their "results".
 
To be fair I was shocked I had converts, but without then the game was unwinnable as my win condition was kill ALL villagers and ALL wolves with no kill ability of my own.

I flat out told sov this and that I viewed the game as a win if I could just kill ask the wolves. Which was true when it was just myself and lis (I converted him super early). And I was, hand to the bible, just going to lay down and die once the wolves were gone.

Then I converted csiter and ffm super late when everyone was chasing those few last wolves. At that point I realized I had 4 angels in a band with 10 people (aka we were the biggest faction) after being ready to vote for myself and let it go peacefully two rounds before

Yeah, really difficult for you to kill all wolves and villagers. Actually kind of impossible, because it would have to end with you and a wolf (you would need the wolf to kill the villagers for you) and if it is you vs. wolf at the end... not sure that is you killing all of them to technically count for a win. So, definitely not even a win-able game for you.

Oh well.. I was willing to work with you for a bit because it was clear you were up against a wall and needed to work with villager some just to keep from being lynched. Kind of sucks that game wasn't really win-able for you. But you sure did play them noobs good.

I still can't believe they didn't connect that whole... oh we lynched Doc and LIS died as a chaos convert... I was head desking so hard at the remaining villagers at that point.
 
Hey. In defense of the mods, that's totally how the role was written and how id handle someone like that if I was designing it too

No defense needed, mods were awesome. It was a freaking sweet role. Still needed to be killed way earlier.

:laugh: in this case, yes. But Doc was right on point with your complaints. You were being too restrictive in your scope of the character. I preferred an earlier version of The Authority 😉 I also like to deviate from the source material and make the story my own a bit when I'm running a game. You kind of have to in most cases.

I figured! I was wrong about a bunch of things based on book mechanics. Need to loosen up..!

Y'all probably would have killed at least 2 more villagers and totally negated the resurrections 😛

In my defense, it didn't dawn on me that I could not kill. I mean that makes perfect sense now, but I was told to kill things every other night, so I did. I even complained about my lack of options one night. 😛
 
Maybe the take away is I also found you ask some wolves using some good logic.

I am very dangerous if I'm anything but a villager, so just seer me early and put me to use our kill me. I'm not all bad. I'm nearly always a villager, mathematically speaking. Just don't trust me unseered
 
I still can't believe they didn't connect that whole... oh we lynched Doc and LIS died as a chaos convert... I was head desking so hard at the remaining villagers at that point.
Hey, some of us had been trying...for a really long time 😛
 
In wolves defense, we tried to kill Doc like night 2 or 3.... But since he was unkillable, that didn't work out. So we did try to get rid of him early on.
 
That lynch deadline had to be strictly enforced because I played Caiter within the rules of the game. I purposefully changed to MJ right at deadline because I knew she was lurking and figured that if she voted MJ (after deadline so it didn't count), she was one of yours based on some feels I got after both she and FFM revealed their "results".

This was Thursday, right? Literally did think I had posted and was like OH **** when I got off work and realized it hadn't been submitted. Being PST and getting off at deadline is the worst. If I hadn't voted yet I would run to the bathroom and try to get mom phone to post (which with our crappy work internet does not go well always---see Thursday). Can we please have a game with PST close times? 😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I second Lupin's sentiment, being annoyed I didn't realize the angels = chaos converts sooner :dead:

Haha. I tried to bury unfavorable info by posting a lot and getting it off of the most recent page.

There may have been a moment of blinding fury when we had the noobs forgetting important details and then a mod came on and confirmed it for them for free.
 
After LIS's death as a chaos convert, I didn't put 2 and 2 together for Caiter until she voted to lynch me

BTW guys, my insane gif/meme spree was to see if I could get any of you to try to lynch me since it was getting obvious I was chaos at that point. Hope was one or two of you (plus FFM and DocE) would switch to me, then at the last second FFM and DocE would switch to you and we'd win 😀 Sadly did not go as planned haha