This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
****************
I love David, but I wanna know what happens next in the game!
Are we still waiting on night actions? Do the things people!
Ok, resume the pretty pictures until the person does the thing so that the mods can go tappity tappity and then we all find out the thing that comes after more pictures!
******************
 
***********************************
tumblr_mq03qhqSxd1s5r0jno3_500.jpg

************************************
 
***********************
We're killing time.

Seriously, along that vein, I was having the discussion with my gf last night- is it possible to have Kilgrave's powers and not become evil if you've had them your whole life? How can one learn to responsibly use such a power when they've never hard the word no in their life? How can you have normal relationships with anyone when all it takes is one word and everyone's will conforms to yours? It's like living in a world where every other person is little more than a toy, and you're a child playing with them- it's got to be so hard to not lose your mind from lack of connection and boredom, and to have a moral compass when that's all you've ever known.

Though, a lot of this doesn't apply to Kilgrave, since he got his abilities as an adult (at least in the comics, no idea about the show). A child born with such abilities though- they'd be straight up destined for evil from the start.
************************
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
***********************
We're killing time.

Seriously, along that vein, I was having the discussion with my gf last night- is it possible to have Kilgrave's powers and not become evil if you've had them your whole life? How can one learn to responsibly use such a power when they've never hard the word no in their life? How can you have normal relationships with anyone when all it takes is one word and everyone's will conforms to yours? It's like living in a world where every other person is little more than a toy, and you're a child playing with them- it's got to be so hard to not lose your mind from lack of connection and boredom, and to have a moral compass when that's all you've ever known.

Though, a lot of this doesn't apply to Kilgrave, since he got his abilities as an adult (at least in the comics, no idea about the show). A child born with such abilities though- they'd be straight up destined for evil from the start.
************************
***************
Dude I wrote a whole blog post about this ish.

http://www.onyxtruth.com/2015/11/26/jessica-jones-is-the-feminist-hero-we-need/
***************
 
Last edited:
So I'm going to a conference. I have a long standing tradition of cleaning off a season of a show when at conferences (between travel time and boring lectures and before bed time unwinding there is enough time). Since we're all discussing stuff not related to the game, should I watch Jessica Jones or the man in the high castle?
 
So I'm going to a conference. I have a long standing tradition of cleaning off a season of a show when at conferences (between travel time and boring lectures and before bed time unwinding there is enough time). Since we're all discussing stuff not related to the game, should I watch Jessica Jones or the man in the high castle?
*********************
Jessica Jones
*********************
 
So I'm going to a conference. I have a long standing tradition of cleaning off a season of a show when at conferences (between travel time and boring lectures and before bed time unwinding there is enough time). Since we're all discussing stuff not related to the game, should I watch Jessica Jones or the man in the high castle?
************
Jessica jones
************
 
As numbers dwindled, the villagers were looking left and right for answers. "Why is DocE still alive? What was the Book? Why was there so much stillness last night?"
So many questions, but only one answer. At the exact moment of the closing of the Book of Dust, the great compendium of all the history of the many worlds and universes, documenting everything that ever was, and able to document what will be. At that exact moment, the fabric of the universe was also closed, changed, altered. With the closure, all members of the universe were laid bare. No magics, skills, special items. It was as if Dust had left the world and all it's inhabitants remained with nothing but their wits.

All actions and items are no longer in effect.

No one died.
Lynch will close when everyone has voted or when one of the mods reaches a computer again, whichever comes second.


Land of the Living
Hayley
FFM
DocE
Deva
dyachei
 
Last edited:
P.s. I tried to make all of you cake last night. Mods can confirm. It was reconciliatory cake. It was so moist and delicious (but it did carry a small increase in your characters chance of dying from cardiovascular disease).

But no. No cake now. The cake was for real, but now it's a lie.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
P.s. I tried to make all of you cake last night. Mods can confirm. It was reconciliatory cake. It was so moist and delicious (but it did carry a small increase in your characters chance of dying from cardiovascular disease).

But no. No cake now. The cake was for real, but now it's a lie.
there's still real cake in my house. so. much. cake.
 
*********************
I was really hoping someone was going to be dead so this would be relevant:
tumblr_mjw7iqi1h01s0u641o1_500.gif


But no one is so here it is anyway because this is clearly the David Tennant thread now.
***********************
 
P.s. I tried to make all of you cake last night. Mods can confirm. It was reconciliatory cake. It was so moist and delicious (but it did carry a small increase in your characters chance of dying from cardiovascular disease).

But no. No cake now. The cake was for real, but now it's a lie.

*************
Couldn't find a David Tennant air quotes gif... but...

"reconciliatory"

MF0qT3I.gif


and for kata...

7kEsMh5.gif

***************
 
So I'm going to a conference. I have a long standing tradition of cleaning off a season of a show when at conferences (between travel time and boring lectures and before bed time unwinding there is enough time). Since we're all discussing stuff not related to the game, should I watch Jessica Jones or the man in the high castle?

Wtf is a jessica jones?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Once there was an angel so powerful, he thought himself God. He called the other angels to his side, told them he had created them out of dust. They took him at his word and followed him, even died for him. But he struggled to keep the humans on his side. They were more headstrong than his angels, more suspicious of his motives. One by one the angels fell to protect their leader, while The Authority clung to his fading hopes of victory.

In the end it was Will Parry and Lee Scoresby who stood alone against The Authority and his final angel, Xaphania. The angels moved to attack the humans, both weakened by the loss of their daemons. But in that moment Will spoke to Xaphania.

"He lied to you , just like he lied to us. Can't you see that? He is no Creator. He is no Authority. He's just another angel, no better than you or your departed brothers."

There was a shimmer of doubt in Xaphania's eyes. It seemed this wasn't the first time she had considered the possibility that her leader was not what he claimed. Her moment of hesitation was exactly what Will and Lee needed.

"NOW!" Will shouted. Together they struck Xaphania down, using only the crudest of tools, for it was all they had.

You have lynched @Flim Flam Man, who was Xaphania, chaos convert.

The Authority looked on impassively.
"It does not matter. I will simply make more angels."
"Will you?" said Lee. "We don't think you can. Look what happened to Dr. Malone when you tried. But just in case...we have something. Metatron was carrying it around. Thought it might come in handy."
Lee produced a crystal box. The Authority's eyes widened in recognition.

With no angels remaining to protect him, and no abilities to change his fate, The Authority was imprisoned in the box that was always meant for him.

VILLAGERS WIN!
 
I will say there was a sick enjoyment to lupin going down.

Wanted to post this immediately at the time, but of course did not want to handicap in death. Always intriguing to go head to head against you, doc. Still mad at myself for not realizing all the angels were corrupted sooner. I waited too long to make my move. Well done.

funny-gifs-patrick-has-been-working-out.gif


Thanks for the game, mods!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad