This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gopi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You're fine. Get a good MCAT score and apply to 12-15 schools and you should be good. Depending on your MCAT score and state of residence you might have a shot at MD.

What are the chances of getting into any D.O school with a science gpa of 3.4 and 2 years of hands on clinical/patient experience? ..Have not taken the MCAT yet but will soon. Please help me, I have just recently decided from becoming PA to D.O. and I am still learning and looking for helpful tips and advice. Going off to Junior year now.

Do some reading on SDN. Depends on cgpa, MCAT, LOR's, etc. Do you have required science courses left? Upward grade trend? Would need more info to give you a reliable guess. Heading into junior year you need to focus on making A's.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
you'll be fine. focus on raising your cGPA & study hard for the MCAT

high MCAT is key to offset a low gpa

Reactions: 1 user
I had a 2.6 undergrad GPA, but I'm going to med school this fall :shifty:

Reactions: 3 users
Get above a 3.4 sGPA atleast... Get above a 27 MCAT (or whatever that is on the new scoring system)... keep up the clinical stuff... get a DO LOR... APPLY EARLY and BROADLY.

Reactions: 1 user
Whoa, what did you have that offset this?
post bac work, decent mcat, good ec.

3.9 post bac, 30 mcat, CNA experience...

Learned my lesson the hard way. My advice for future applicants... you don't necessarily need to go to the best undergrad, however, you need do well in your pre-req courses while major in something simple and interesting. And do well on the MCAT. Also don't join any social frats.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
get a decent MCAT score and my school will take you!

What are the chances of getting into any D.O school with a science gpa of 3.4 and 2 years of hands on clinical/patient experience? ..Have not taken the MCAT yet but will soon. Please help me, I have just recently decided from becoming PA to D.O. and I am still learning and looking for helpful tips and advice. Going off to Junior year now.

My MCAT was a 24 and my undergraduate GPA was a 3.23; I applied to 4 schools late this year - primary app verified mid Jan. and secondaries submitted in Feb - got four interviews, two acceptances, and waitlisted (Top Tier) at the other two. So, it's possible even with a low MCAT and/or GPA, but you need to make up for it in other areas.

For me, the last two years of college my GPA was a 3.8. I went to graduate school where I took medical and doctoral level courses and completed the program with a 3.9 GPA. I've done research and I've been teaching at the undergraduate, graduate, and medical levels the past four years.

Again, it's possible, but it might take a couple extra years to get there - for me it took four more years.

Good luck!

Hard to say without more numbers available. Your options are a world apart if you have a 23 vs a 28

I had less than that and received multiple interviews and acceptances. Post bacc, 30+ MCAT, lots of leadership and clinical experience. I was a reapplicant with a 28 MCAT and think my higher score was the difference.