HoWWrses - Sign Ups

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What's the best thing about horses?

• Total voters
You're not unintelligible enough to be from Montreal. Are you a Newfoundland per chance? Or from Sasquatch-ewok? ;)

I actually am a Newfoundlander originally :p

But my accent only comes out when I'm mad, drunk, or say "out".

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
She said she was from Newfoundland, her accent is obviously a bark

Newfoundland_dog_Smoky.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
Nah... The Newfoundland accent is not what people think of as "typical" Canadian ala Bob and Doug Mackenzie hahaha

I can't even write what it would sound like

This video pretty well covers it short of getting drunk and recording myself

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just see a great big hug waiting for me
I think I really need a dog. I've seriously considered asking my parents to mail me the lab a few times this semester just so I can get hugs from him when I'm having a bad day. Cheese hasn't been doing a bad job with cuddling me, there's just something so reassuring about a 90 lb dog in your lap trying their hardest to transfer a whole body's worth of love to you

Reactions: 3 users
Darn I missed the accent discussion. Was going to bring up syrup again.

I think I really need a dog. I've seriously considered asking my parents to mail me the lab a few times this semester just so I can get hugs from him when I'm having a bad day. Cheese hasn't been doing a bad job with cuddling me, there's just something so reassuring about a 90 lb dog in your lap trying their hardest to transfer a whole body's worth of love to you
I do want a gigantic floofy dog
But I also think Cindy would be offended and think her cuddles weren't good enough for me. It's like...her only job in life. Constant cuddles.

Reactions: 2 users
Considering what I have seen of your lab, I think I would like a narrated version of this journey told from his doofy perspective, a la buddy the elf's travels through the Lincoln tunnel
I think he would eat all the mail on his way over

He loves chewing on the recycling and pretending he doesn't know what happened to it

Oh also, I know no one will agree with me here but corn syrup is better than maple syrup, which is trash

idk about aunt jemimas, but mrs. butterworth is so much better than the "pure" stuff in my opinion.
Oh thank god someone agrees with me. We can be raccoons together

Ok but like

Are we only talking Aunt Jemima here, or like Karo syrup? Cause one is acceptable to put on pancakes due to the insane cost of maple syrup. The other is just... Eugh
I think I tried Karo when I was out of pancake syrup. It was ok. I lost my sweet tooth at some point though and now I can't stand regular pancake syrup, I can do the light stuff (which is watered down or something) but otherwise just the pure maple syrup.

Ok but like

Are we only talking Aunt Jemima here, or like Karo syrup? Cause one is acceptable to put on pancakes due to the insane cost of maple syrup. The other is just... Eugh
It's not the cost to me. I grew up with the fake stuff and like it. Not a huge maple syrup fan.

I mean usually something like aunt jemimas but they use Karo in Mexico and it isn't too bad really.

It's not the cost to me. I grew up with the fake stuff and like it. Not a huge maple syrup fan.

I mean usually something like aunt jemimas but they use Karo in Mexico and it isn't too bad really.
Have you tried Lyle's golden syrup? It's more buttery than Karo but doesn't have any of that nasty maple flavor.

I actually typically just put butter on my (banana or blueberry) pancakes, or prefer something else like blintzes :hungry: or crepes with lemon and powdered sugar :hungry:. I am a fan of the fake maple syrups if it's a choice between those & the real stuff, though.

The sad part is that I used to work with a tech who had a maple sugaring operation on her property, and she used to give us fresh syrup & candies, and it was just wasted on me.

I wish I liked it. I think it's a fun thing to think about sugar syrup coming out of trees