HoWWrses - Sign Ups

Started by PippyPony
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

What's the best thing about horses?


  • Total voters
    39
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
She said she was from Newfoundland, her accent is obviously a bark

Newfoundland_dog_Smoky.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just see a great big hug waiting for me
I think I really need a dog. I've seriously considered asking my parents to mail me the lab a few times this semester just so I can get hugs from him when I'm having a bad day. Cheese hasn't been doing a bad job with cuddling me, there's just something so reassuring about a 90 lb dog in your lap trying their hardest to transfer a whole body's worth of love to you
 
I think I really need a dog. I've seriously considered asking my parents to mail me the lab a few times this semester just so I can get hugs from him when I'm having a bad day. Cheese hasn't been doing a bad job with cuddling me, there's just something so reassuring about a 90 lb dog in your lap trying their hardest to transfer a whole body's worth of love to you
I do want a gigantic floofy dog
But I also think Cindy would be offended and think her cuddles weren't good enough for me. It's like...her only job in life. Constant cuddles.
 
Considering what I have seen of your lab, I think I would like a narrated version of this journey told from his doofy perspective, a la buddy the elf's travels through the Lincoln tunnel
I think he would eat all the mail on his way over

He loves chewing on the recycling and pretending he doesn't know what happened to it
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok but like

Are we only talking Aunt Jemima here, or like Karo syrup? Cause one is acceptable to put on pancakes due to the insane cost of maple syrup. The other is just... Eugh
I think I tried Karo when I was out of pancake syrup. It was ok. I lost my sweet tooth at some point though and now I can't stand regular pancake syrup, I can do the light stuff (which is watered down or something) but otherwise just the pure maple syrup.
 
Ok but like

Are we only talking Aunt Jemima here, or like Karo syrup? Cause one is acceptable to put on pancakes due to the insane cost of maple syrup. The other is just... Eugh
It's not the cost to me. I grew up with the fake stuff and like it. Not a huge maple syrup fan.

I mean usually something like aunt jemimas but they use Karo in Mexico and it isn't too bad really.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's not the cost to me. I grew up with the fake stuff and like it. Not a huge maple syrup fan.

I mean usually something like aunt jemimas but they use Karo in Mexico and it isn't too bad really.
Have you tried Lyle's golden syrup? It's more buttery than Karo but doesn't have any of that nasty maple flavor.

I actually typically just put butter on my (banana or blueberry) pancakes, or prefer something else like blintzes :hungry: or crepes with lemon and powdered sugar :hungry:. I am a fan of the fake maple syrups if it's a choice between those & the real stuff, though.

The sad part is that I used to work with a tech who had a maple sugaring operation on her property, and she used to give us fresh syrup & candies, and it was just wasted on me.

I wish I liked it. I think it's a fun thing to think about sugar syrup coming out of trees