I Don't Know What To Feel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2PacClone23

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like most of you guys, I'm playing the waiting game. If you want specifics on my stats, look up my earlier threads, but they're there.

My point is, I don't know if it's still too early to panic. I know some people are getting interviews. Others aren't. I already got rejected by UCSF, which was pretty expected.

I've done my Plan A, my Plan B. I don't have a Plan C.

Should I just shut up and stop worrying? Should I enjoy my summer and play my PS3? Should I continue pursuing a job for this year off? I'm already doing the latter two, but it still bothers me that I have no certainty for the next few months.

At least I'm pumped about Obama 2012.

What do you guys think? :confused:

Update (11/19/2012):

So as you guys might know or not know, I have 0 interviews. 5 rejections from ASDOH, Temple, UCSF, Midwestern-IL, and UNLV.

Now with that said, I have about 15 left. My problem is that I just took my graduate degree exam. If I pass, I get the degree. If I don't, then I don't. When I applied to AADSAS, I obviously thought I would pass it....but now I think I have failed it based on my feeling leaving (and no, I'm not over-exaggerating).

So what happens now? Do I wait until I officially get my results? If I pass, then I don't do anything obviously and everything stays as-is. If I fail, do I contact AADSAS to let them know of the change? My graduate work and GPA and classes all stay the same....it'll almost be like a post-bacc grad school work. Only thing that will be different is that I won't have the official degree.

So welcome to my stress, my world, and my sense of failure. I honestly don't know what to think anymore. I'm now "banking" on Post-Dec interviews (duh).

UPDATE 12/28/2012: I got an interview guys! I can't say when or where for privacy purposes but I feel super happy!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Like most of you guys, I'm playing the waiting game. If you want specifics on my stats, look up my earlier threads, but they're there.

My point is, I don't know if it's still too early to panic. I know some people are getting interviews. Others aren't. I already got rejected by UCSF, which was pretty expected.

Should I just shut up and stop worrying? Should I enjoy my summer and play my PS3? Should I continue pursuing a job for this year off? I'm already doing the latter two, but it still bothers me that I have no certainty for the next few months.

I think you are getting ahead of yourself. You did very well on your DAT. Your GPA is on the lower end. I don't know if you did a Master's or post-bacc. Hopefully, you did well in those. If this is your second time applying, your application should have shown some improvement. :) Also, it's important that your PS demonstrated your understanding of dentistry in addition to why you wanted to be a dentist. I've heard this several times from dental schools that they want to make sure that applicants are knowledgeable of the field. If your PS is good, I think you'll be fine! Just hang in there, and try not to get ahead of yourself! Not every school looks at applications in order of when they are received. I was 4th batch and received an invite before earlier batches. I was actually surprised. The adcoms will get to your application. It is only early September. Also, I know a friend who got interviews in Jan/Feb. So just keep yourself busy. Time flies. :) Good luck!

What did you end up finishing your masters with -> this is the most important aspect for you, since you already finished well on DAT...did you show strong upward trend?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey clone I'm with you. We applied two cycles ago together, I remember seeing you post around then. You're gonna be good, it's just a matter of time. I submitted on day 2 of this cycle (i'm nearing the end of my master's program) and I finally just got my first interview invite (ever) via email on Friday. Patience!

You still have your heart set on UNLV? Or was that someone else.... Either way man, it's September 8 so it's too late to enjoy the summer playing video games!! ;-) hang in there, be patient; you've taken all the right steps to put yourself up there w the best.

Yes! I do wish you the best!! Just relax and sit tight, interviews will be coming soon!

Keep your head up! TRUST ME!

I love you all.

I'll be sure to keep this thread update as my journey continues.

God I sound like a tool. lol.

tumblr_lcvsmb5QiC1qzz62yo1_1280.jpg

They look like the Men In Black. LOL.

Members don't see this ad :)
"For every dark night theirs a bright day" If you don't get this reference you better change you name.

Good luck

2PAC your going to be fine bro. No worries

im right with u with the 0 interviews :(..i dont know if u remember, but we had similar situations/stats

u r the gr8est and just remember God luvs u! ^_^_^_^_^^_^^_^_^_^_^^

You want to be a doctor, and you are voting for Obama :laugh::laugh: :scared::scared: Scary future for this country. Either way, don't panic, it is still very early... If i were you i would panic about Obama getting re-elected, and the future of the career you are pursuing.

Good Luck! Be patient! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Tread easy guys, lets not turn this into a political thread.

OP: you have a very solid DAT if memory serves me. Just relax as of now because worrying is not going to help. At all. So stop it haha. Best of luck buddy, I hope the best for you. :thumbup:

I saw the title and thought this was a new song from pac... "I dont know what to feel - 2pac" :cool::cool:

On the other note, I would suggest doing something (like jobs, volunteering, etc..) to take your mind off from all this madness. I know what you're saying and I am trying to find a decent job myself. Good luck.

You guys don't understand. Obama has been a good president. Not perfect, but certainly better than Bush Jr. or what Romney could be.

Hell, in our profession alone, he got healthcare reform done. Now while this may not be the single-payer system I prefer, it's still better than before.

Not to mention, he inherited 2 wars, and the worst economy since 1929.

Plus he capped Bin Laden.

Go Obama! Im with you. What about Doc toothache for president?

still no updates man ****.

Don't worry...I don't think many schools send invite today....not at least the 8 I applied to including UCSF .... I m waiting on them too.

Hope you hear something soon.

2pac I don't care if your a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies just relax bro LOL! You did well on your DAT, your keeping active with upper level sciences im assuming so just wait it out. This is your year bro!

2pac I don't care if your a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies just relax bro LOL! You did well on your DAT, your keeping active with upper level sciences im assuming so just wait it out. This is your year bro!

LOL I finished the Master's program dawg. I ain't keeping up. And by finished, I mean I'm done in June 2012.

Speaking of Pac, he died today, 16 years ago. RIP.

I stopped feeling a while ago. I felt really good about my chances a few months ago and I was super obsessive from June to September and now I've just burned myself out from worrying.

Lately I just feel like a honey badger. I just don't give a s***. I guess there was some huge red flag on my application that I'm not aware of. I definitely don't agree with how so many of these schools review their applicants, but what can you do?

It's early and I know I still have plenty of opportunities but I am pretty much just defeated right now. Not much I can do but focus on my senior year and start planning a gap year just in case! That probably wasn't the motivational speech you were looking for lol. Good luck!

LOL I finished the Master's program dawg. I ain't keeping up. And by finished, I mean I'm done in June 2012.

Speaking of Pac, he died today, 16 years ago. RIP.

RIP PAC aka THUG LIFE AKA ILLUMINATI FLOWS THROUGH YOUR BODY, BLOWS LIKE A 12 GAUGE SHOTTY, HAIL MARY lmao

I stopped feeling a while ago. I felt really good about my chances a few months ago and I was super obsessive from June to September and now I've just burned myself out from worrying.

Lately I just feel like a honey badger. I just don't give a s***. I guess there was some huge red flag on my application that I'm not aware of. I definitely don't agree with how so many of these schools review their applicants, but what can you do?

It's early and I know I still have plenty of opportunities but I am pretty much just defeated right now. Not much I can do but focus on my senior year and start planning a gap year just in case! That probably wasn't the motivational speech you were looking for lol. Good luck!

Bro with those stats I wouldnt worry one bit.

Wcombs...you are scaring me now! Especially sinc emy grades were submitted later than yours. Good luck, and hopefully you will post the good news shortly.

What is with all of these 24+ DAT 3.2+GPA people freaking out? It's not even the middle of SEPTEMBER yet. Some schools haven't even SENT out interviews yet (i.e. Temple...le sigh).

Calm down and relax, my God. :)

What is with all of these 24+ DAT 3.2+GPA people freaking out? It's not even the middle of SEPTEMBER yet. Some schools haven't even SENT out interviews yet (i.e. Temple...le sigh).

Calm down and relax, my God. :)
I have a lot of CC credits and not many upper division sciences. People are quick to say it's going to be fine and I'm going to get in, but there's more to an application than just numbers; school prestige matters a lot more than people think or are willing to admit. With my stats, I figured schools like Columbia would show interest, so why aren't they? I'm almost positive it's the CC credits.

There are people on these forums with similar stats as mine that didn't get in last cycle. Most of the schools I applied to have been giving out interviews for quite some time. My state school told me they won't even interview me until after December 1st when they see my fall grades. It's depressing. I've worked so hard for this and made every effort to show them how much I've matured academically since my first year, and they won't even look at me.

Like I said, I realize it's fairly early and I have a decent chance, but even DATs like mine are far from guarantee admission, and I honestly feel like I should be worrying about my 0 interviews right now.

That was a good vent :D

I have a lot of CC credits and not many upper division sciences. People are quick to say it's going to be fine and I'm going to get in, but there's more to an application than just numbers; school prestige matters a lot more than people think or are willing to admit. With my stats, I figured schools like Columbia would show interest, so why aren't they? I'm almost positive it's the CC credits.

There are people on these forums with similar stats as mine that didn't get in last cycle. Most of the schools I applied to have been giving out interviews for quite some time. My state school told me they won't even interview me until after December 1st when they see my fall grades. It's depressing. I've worked so hard for this and made every effort to show them how much I've matured academically since my first year, and they won't even look at me.

Like I said, I realize it's fairly early and I have a decent chance, but even DATs like mine are far from guarantee admission, and I honestly feel like I should be worrying about my 0 interviews right now.

That was a good vent :D

Its ok CC credits or not your DAT is KILLER, and the DAT doesnt lie. I would be surprised if you dont get at least a couple acceptances.

Its ok CC credits or not your DAT is KILLER, and the DAT doesnt lie. I would be surprised if you dont get at least a couple acceptances.

homie, i got 23AA but 3.2 overall and like 2.9sgpa!

just got rejection letter from Midwestern IL

:( :(

you might be on "hold" 2pac. try calling them tomorrow and see what happens.

if you are on hold, they might be waiting for fall grades or something. gl

good luck :) you'll get there just try to distract yourself during the waiting game!