I Don't Know What To Feel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yeah i'm trying to find a job LOL

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
same here :( I think I need to take a vacation from sdn.
there needs to be an application that blocks sdn from being access, otherwise i will keep typing studentdoc... when i meant to type something else in the address bar.

I started reading a lot and gaming competitively.

Maybe you can try to become the grandmaster of pingpong. Airborne. So bad azz.
pingpong.jpg

THIS IS AWESOME. I have recently gaming like a Boss as well. SWTOR FTW!

there needs to be an application that blocks sdn from being access, otherwise i will keep typing studentdoc... when i meant to type something else in the address bar.

there is !!!!! you can block this site !!! hahahaha my friend has it blocked on his comp and he told me how to do it bc i always complain that i hate sdn but yet i havnt gotten around to blocking myself from it.......

I'm following this post to see when you announce an interview....must be coming soon! good luck!

Still no interviews huh 2pac?? Good luck bro keep up the positive attitude my buddy got 1 post December interview after his 3rd time applying and got an acceptance. Keep chugging along! In the words of the mighty Joe Dirt, "life's a garden. You dig it and make it work for you. You gotta keep on keepin' on brother."

Still no interviews huh 2pac?? Good luck bro keep up the positive attitude my buddy got 1 post December interview after his 3rd time applying and got an acceptance. Keep chugging along! In the words of the mighty Joe Dirt, "life's a garden. You dig it and make it work for you. You gotta keep on keepin' on brother."

nope. i got nothing. what were his stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
just got rejection letter from ASDOH

I haven't hear back from 6 schools either. This is a long wait. Keep your head up

nope. i got nothing. what were his stats?

he had like a 3.4/3.15 and 19/19/19

Good luck man I am genuinely rooting for you, every time I check back on SDN I check this thread to see if you've gotten an interview yet. Positive thoughts!!

he had like a 3.4/3.15 and 19/19/19

Good luck man I am genuinely rooting for you, every time I check back on SDN I check this thread to see if you've gotten an interview yet. Positive thoughts!!

if i get one, imma put that **** on size 50 font and blast it....god i hope so

Update:

So as you guys might know or not know, I have 0 interviews. 5 rejections from ASDOH, Temple, UCSF, Midwestern-IL, and UNLV.

Now with that said, I have about 15 left. My problem is that I just took my graduate degree exam. If I pass, I get the degree. If I don't, then I don't. When I applied to AADSAS, I obviously thought I would pass it....but now I think I have failed it based on my feeling leaving (and no, I'm not over-exaggerating).

So what happens now? Do I wait until I officially get my results? If I pass, then I don't do anything obviously and everything stays as-is. If I fail, do I contact AADSAS to let them know of the change? My graduate work and GPA and classes all stay the same....it'll almost be like a post-bacc grad school work. Only thing that will be different is that I won't have the official degree.

So welcome to my stress, my world, and my sense of failure. I honestly don't know what to think anymore. I'm now "banking" on Post-Dec interviews (duh).

Update:

So as you guys might know or not know, I have 0 interviews. 5 rejections from ASDOH, Temple, UCSF, Midwestern-IL, and UNLV.

Now with that said, I have about 15 left. My problem is that I just took my graduate degree exam. If I pass, I get the degree. If I don't, then I don't. When I applied to AADSAS, I obviously thought I would pass it....but now I think I have failed it based on my feeling leaving (and no, I'm not over-exaggerating).

So what happens now? Do I wait until I officially get my results? If I pass, then I don't do anything obviously and everything stays as-is. If I fail, do I contact AADSAS to let them know of the change? My graduate work and GPA and classes all stay the same....it'll almost be like a post-bacc grad school work. Only thing that will be different is that I won't have the official degree.

So welcome to my stress, my world, and my sense of failure. I honestly don't know what to think anymore. I'm now "banking" on Post-Dec interviews (duh).

Let's hope that you passed. But if you end up not doing as well as expected, you should definitely contact AADSAS. You'll probably just have to notify the schools of the change during the normal AADSAS update which recently opened. On the bright side, you still have 15 other chances! I haven't had the chance to read the previous pages but if you've done well in your graduate courses, I see no reason why you wouldn't have a decent chance at an acceptance.

Sorry you got no interviews, so weird :( you have good DAT Scores. Keep finger crossed

Let's hope that you passed. But if you end up not doing as well as expected, you should definitely contact AADSAS. You'll probably just have to notify the schools of the change during the normal AADSAS update which recently opened. On the bright side, you still have 15 other chances! I haven't had the chance to read the previous pages but if you've done well in your graduate courses, I see no reason why you wouldn't have a decent chance at an acceptance.

Yeah I don't know how everything will look Post-Dec

No news still? How many more schools are you waiting to hear from? Call them and ask about the status of your apps.

So when can I officially give up and apply to pharmacy school? So far: 6 rejections, 14 not heard back from, no interviews...called some schools and they all same the same thing "yes, we have everything and it has been sent to the adcom for review" (translation: "dont call us, we'll call you" or how about "its not you, it me")

So when can I officially give up and apply to pharmacy school? So far: 6 rejections, 14 not heard back from, no interviews...called some schools and they all same the same thing "yes, we have everything and it has been sent to the adcom for review" (translation: "dont call us, we'll call you" or how about "its not you, it me")

You can apply to pharmacy school and dental school at the same time. But pharmacy school is not easy either :(

Babe, don't you have below 3.0 sGPA and bcpGPA? I think that's your problem.

How's the master's going so far gpa-wise?

Because the perception is that they'll take anyone with a heartbeat, half a brain, and pockets full of cash?

Lol... Everybody here has the first two things!!! Can loan be equal to the 3rd one?

Babe, don't you have below 3.0 sGPA and bcpGPA? I think that's your problem.

This

How's the master's going so far gpa-wise?

This ++.

Poor undergrad + poor post-bac is a combo most don't come back from, regardless of decent DAT scores. I'm still rooting for you to get in, in the same way that I'd hope a mangy stray dog finds good owners. But it may not be the end of the world if you didn't. Dental school is not for the lazy or the uncommitted (honestly, getting in is the easy part.) That is an awfully expensive lesson, if you have to learn it during D1.

Apologies if that sounds harsh, and I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

This

This ++.

Poor undergrad + poor post-bac is a combo most don't come back from, regardless of decent DAT scores. I'm still rooting for you to get in, in the same way that I'd hope a mangy stray dog finds good owners. But it may not be the end of the world if you didn't. Dental school is not for the lazy or the uncommitted (honestly, getting in is the easy part.) That is an awfully expensive lesson, if you have to learn it during D1.

Yikes...

Well, that escalated quickly. Mangy stray dogs need love too :(

Sweetheart, I don't think it's quite this hopeless for him.

I think he just needs 1-2 years of a solid GPA. Obviously he has the intelligence to pull that off and the ability to work hard, as shown by his massive DAT improvement. He just needs to translate that into his coursework.

2PacClone23, what's eating you? Why haven't you been able to translate your hard work into your coursework? We all know you can do it. Look at your DAT scores. You are obviously qualified and capable of studying hard and doing well. So what's wrong? That's what I was getting at.

Eh, "sweetheart", it amuses me a bit that I somehow got stuck with the part of the cynical prick, but you're laying it a little bit thick, yeah? Perhaps you ought to save some of that empathy for your future patients. 1-2 years of solid GPA is exactly what a master's for, particularly at a program that our friend 2pac carefully selected because of how easy it was supposed to be. As for the DAT, it is hardly a good predictor of academic success, due to how good the study mats out there are. Just 2 weeks hitting the books can get you (well, got me) 2pac's score. Sure, mangy dogs need love too, but so do patients, all you future doctors. Would you trust your loved ones to someone who has systematically taken the path of least resistance? There's no doubt 2pac seems like a likeable guy, but I don't see a whole lot of growth from the guy who failed to get in 2 cycles ago, and that's a problem.

Last edited:
eh, "sweetheart", it amuses me a bit that i somehow got stuck with the part of the cynical prick, but you're laying it a little bit thick, yeah? Perhaps you ought to save some of that empathy for your future patients. 1-2 years of solid gpa is exactly what a master's is for, particularly at a program that our friend 2pac carefully selected because of how easy it was supposed to be. As for the dat, it is hardly a good predictor of academic success, due to how good the study mats out there are. Just 2 weeks hitting the books can get you (well, got me) 2pac's score. Sure, mangy dogs need love too, but so do patients, all you future doctors. Would you trust your loved ones to someone who has systematically taken the path of least resistance? There's no doubt 2pac seems like a likeable guy, but i don't see a whole lot of growth from the guy who failed to get in 2 cycles ago, and that's a problem.

+1

Eh, "sweetheart", it amuses me a bit that I somehow got stuck with the part of the cynical prick, but you're laying it a little bit thick, yeah? Perhaps you ought to save some of that empathy for your future patients. 1-2 years of solid GPA is exactly what a master's for, particularly at a program that our friend 2pac carefully selected because of how easy it was supposed to be. As for the DAT, it is hardly a good predictor of academic success, due to how good the study mats out there are. Just 2 weeks hitting the books can get you (well, got me) 2pac's score. Sure, mangy dogs need love too, but so do patients, all you future doctors. Would you trust your loved ones to someone who has systematically taken the path of least resistance? There's no doubt 2pac seems like a likeable guy, but I don't see a whole lot of growth from the guy who failed to get in 2 cycles ago, and that's a problem.

I still think you're being too harsh. The thing is, I think that people can make mistakes over and over again, and that doesn't mean they're bad people or incapable of achieving something great. If 2PacClone23 actually applied himself, I believe he could do it. The thing is, he's not applying himself, and he needs to figure out why. What has gotten him in this funk? And what can he do to get himself out of it? If he honestly doesn't think that he can get out of it, then yes, he should move on. However, only he can answer these questions, and you can't really say much on his behalf. There are plenty of people on these forums who did well in dental school after not doing well in undergrad. Sure, 2PacClone23, now has a semester or two of post-bacc he has screwed up, but he can definitely still show an upward trend and that he has become a changed person.

I still think you're being too harsh. The thing is, I think that people can make mistakes over and over again, and that doesn't mean they're bad people or incapable of achieving something great. If 2PacClone23 actually applied himself, I believe he could do it. The thing is, he's not applying himself, and he needs to figure out why. What has gotten him in this funk? And what can he do to get himself out of it? If he honestly doesn't think that he can get out of it, then yes, he should move on. However, only he can answer these questions, and you can't really say much on his behalf. There are plenty of people on these forums who did well in dental school after not doing well in undergrad. Sure, 2PacClone23, now has a semester of post-bacc he hasn't done too well in, but he can definitely still show an upward trend and that he has become a changed person.

Lol 2pac doesnt have a semester of postbacc he didnt do well in. he has an entire masters program he didnt do well in and thinks hes going to fail his ms final exam now too. And on a serious note, if he thinks hes going to fail that what on this jolly green earth makes him think he can handle or be confident handing a ds curriculum? If he himself knows he didnt perform great in his ms and now is struggling to pass his exam, then why does he even expect adcoms to believe in him when clearly he knows his performance may be sub par? Lots of predents live in lala land, this is reality though. MS was meant to be redemption from a low ug gpa, that wasnt achieved it seems like. Oh well. He will think of a plan C now on his own. plus he may get spring interviews.

Lol 2pac doesnt have a semester of postbacc he didnt do well in. he has an entire masters program he didnt do well in and thinks hes going to fail his ms final exam now too. And on a serious note, if he thinks hes going to fail that what on this jolly green earth makes him think he can handle or be confident handing a ds curriculum? If he himself knows he didnt perform great in his ms and now is struggling to pass his exam, then why does he even expect adcoms to believe in him when clearly he knows his performance may be sub par? Lots of predents live in lala land, this is reality though. MS was meant to be redemption from a low ug gpa, that wasnt achieved it seems like. Oh well. He will think of a plan C now on his own. plus he may get spring interviews.

For some reason I was under the impression that he just started his master's program this semester...oops!

ETA: Still, he's averaging like a 3.3 in his master's, right? That's definitely an improvement from before.

Last edited:
For some reason I was under the impression that he just started his master's program this semester...oops!

ETA: Still, he's averaging like a 3.3 in his master's, right? That's definitely an improvement from before.

3.3 is such an improvement that it almost warranted his dismissal from the program. Not all GPAs are equal.

There are plenty of people on these forums who did well in dental school after not doing well in undergrad.

Sure. I'm one of them. Look, "honey", your constant optimism is impressive, if a bit nauseating. Having walked in those shoes, I can tell you that what 2pac really needed was a swift kick in the ass to set him straight. Not the type of coddling that convinced him that the problem was that his undergrad school was too hard. Not the one that allowed him to think that he only needed to complete an easy Master's to get into DS. And certainly not the type of cheerleading that led him to think that getting that DAT score meant he was in for sure.

I don't pretend to be the one to give him that kick, and for the record, I never called him a bad person. That said, unrealistic expectations is partly what got him in this situation to begin with. A reality check hurts nothing at this point.

3.3 is such an improvement that it almost warranted his dismissal from the program. Not all GPAs are equal.

Sure. I'm one of them. Look, "honey", your constant optimism is impressive, if a bit nauseating. Having walked in those shoes, I can tell you that what 2pac really needed was a swift kick in the ass to set him straight. Not the type of coddling that convinced him that the problem was that his undergrad school was too hard. Not the one that allowed him to think that he only needed to complete an easy Master's to get into DS. And certainly not the type of cheerleading that led him to think that getting that DAT score meant he was in for sure.

I don't pretend to be the one to give him that kick, and for the record, I never called him a bad person. That said, unrealistic expectations is partly what got him in this situation to begin with. A reality check hurts nothing at this point.

Oh my, being quite aggressive here, aren't we?

I'm not saying that it's easy to come back from a low GPA and I'm not saying it doesn't take a ton of effort, but I don't know 2pac is really getting a "kick in the ass" from posts like yours. I know as well as you do that it's damn hard to come back from a low GPA. I'm currently in that process, actually.

Yes, people need to put in a lot of effort and it's certainly hard to get into dental school, but whereas you are saying that he has screwed stuff up and it's something he's probably not going to come back from, I am saying that he needs to have a real, honest conversation with himself about why he is in this position. What went wrong during his undergrad and master's? Is he really, truly willing to put in the effort to fix it? These are questions no one but 2Pac can answer.

I don't pretend his DAT score will get him in for sure, or at all at this point, but it's certainly not bad to point out that yes he did do well on this one part of his dental application and ask him to compare how he prepared for that exam to how he has been preparing for classes or school. For some sections, the DAT is an information-based exam. You need to be well-versed in science info to take it, for example. Obviously 2Pac was able to master that info to get his DAT scores. How did he do that? Well, according to his DAT thread, he studied and made sure he understood the material really well this time around.

Okay, now what I'm saying 2Pac should do is ask himself whether he has been applying the same effort in his master's classes. If he has, maybe dental school is not the right fit for him, because I know all too well that getting in is the easy part (I am living with a sibling who had a rude awakening after getting into dental school). If he hasn't put forth this effort for his classes--well, what went wrong? Is he willing to spend as much time with the material as necessary to really, truly understand it and do well? If the answer is yes, maybe he should look into whatever options he has--talk to a pre-health counselor, his professors, anyone who can advise him. If he is not willing to put in the effort, well then he should move on. Find something else to do. Not everyone was cut out to be a healthcare professional.

It's as simple as that, but I'm not going to pretend that any of us know 2pac personally or can really tell him what he should do or what he is capable of, because we don't know him well enough to be able to evaluate that. He doesn't seem like an imbecile...he knows he has a hard road ahead of him. Or at least he should.

At the same time, I don't think we should be insulting him. And yes, I think comparing him to a mangy stray dog was insulting, even if you said you were cheering him on. You don't know what 2Pac is dealing with or what he has been through. Sure, you lifted yourself up by your bootstraps, but that does not give you the right to judge others, because you haven't walked a mile in their shoes. Sure, people make mistakes (sometimes over and over again), but at the end of the day everyone does what they are capable of at that point in time. Say that I'm coddling him or whatever you want, but in my world that's called compassion.

2pac knows he screwed up. However, only by reflecting on his actions in an honest manner can he decide what's best for him and whether he's going to change anything. That's all I'm saying.

ETA: Inngu, after reading past threads of the OP's on this topic I am agreeing with your position more and more. I guess I just never paid attention to 2PacClone's story before. At some point, someone either needs to change or decide that they are going to give up. You have to own up to the fact that you messed up and do the absolute best you can from that point forward. And if that's not good enough, then maybe the path isn't for you. "Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results."

Last edited:
Oh my, being quite aggressive here, aren't we?

I'm not saying that it's easy to come back from a low GPA and I'm not saying it doesn't take a ton of effort, but I don't know 2pac is really getting a "kick in the ass" from posts like yours. I know as well as you do that it's damn hard to come back from a low GPA. I'm currently in that process, actually.

Yes, people need to put in a lot of effort and it's certainly hard to get into dental school, but whereas you are saying that he has screwed stuff up and it's something he's probably not going to come back from, I am saying that he needs to have a real, honest conversation with himself about why he is in this position. What went wrong during his undergrad and master's? Is he really, truly willing to put in the effort to fix it? These are questions no one but 2Pac can answer.

I don't pretend his DAT score will get him in for sure, or at all at this point, but it's certainly not bad to point out that yes he did do well on this one part of his dental application and ask him to compare how he prepared for that exam to how he has been preparing for classes or school. For some sections, the DAT is an information-based exam. You need to be well-versed in science info to take it, for example. Obviously 2Pac was able to master that info to get his DAT scores. How did he do that? Well, according to his DAT thread, he studied and made sure he understood the material really well this time around.

Okay, now what I'm saying 2Pac should do is ask himself whether he has been applying the same effort in his master's classes. If he has, maybe dental school is not the right fit for him, because I know all too well that getting in is the easy part (I am living with a sibling who had a rude awakening after getting into dental school). If he hasn't put forth this effort for his classes--well, what went wrong? Is he willing to spend as much time with the material as necessary to really, truly understand it and do well? If the answer is yes, maybe he should look into whatever options he has--talk to a pre-health counselor, his professors, anyone who can advise him. If he is not willing to put in the effort, well then he should move on. Find something else to do. Not everyone was cut out to be a healthcare professional.

It's as simple as that, but I'm not going to pretend that any of us know 2pac personally or can really tell him what he should do or what he is capable of, because we don't know him well enough to be able to evaluate that. He doesn't seem like an imbecile...he knows he has a hard road ahead of him. Or at least he should.

At the same time, I don't think we should be insulting him. And yes, I think comparing him to a mangy stray dog was insulting, even if you said you were cheering him on. You don't know what 2Pac is dealing with or what he has been through. Sure, you lifted yourself up by your bootstraps, but that does not give you the right to judge others, because you haven't walked a mile in their shoes. Sure, people make mistakes (sometimes over and over again), but at the end of the day everyone does what they are capable of at that point in time. Say that I'm coddling him or whatever you want, but in my world that's called compassion.

2pac knows he screwed up. However, only by reflecting on his actions in an honest manner can he decide what's best for him and whether he's going to change anything. That's all I'm saying.

ETA: Inngu, after reading past threads of the OP's on this topic I am agreeing with your position more and more. I guess I just never paid attention to 2PacClone's story before. At some point, someone either needs to change or decide that they are going to give up. You have to own up to the fact that you messed up and do the absolute best you can from that point forward. And if that's not good enough, then maybe the path isn't for you. "Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results."

I don't quite understand somethings. If you want explanations, I'll give them to you. Undergraduate school sucked. I just didn't do well. Period.

As for my DAT, yeah I got a 23AA and that's good.

As for my Master's, yeah it's a 3.3, but I most likely won't receive the degree, just the coursework and grades.

Yes, my sGPA and bcpGPA is under 3.0. The only way to resolve this is to take a bunch of CC classes and get A's in them.

Only problem is that my sGPA and bcpGPA is so god damn diluted, that it's going to take maybe 9-10 classes to get it done.

Honestly, I'm sick of schooling and sick of everything. Even if I were to re-apply in June (which I really don't want to), I'd have to begin my CC classes NOW (or in January) which means I probbaly have to apply June 2014 if things don't work out and I really don't want to do any of this.

Please someone give me hope. What are my god honest chances for this cycle for which I already applied to?

I don't quite understand somethings. If you want explanations, I'll give them to you. Undergraduate school sucked. I just didn't do well. Period.

As for my Master's, yeah it's a 3.3, but I most likely won't receive the degree, just the coursework and grades.

Yes, my sGPA and bcpGPA is under 3.0. The only way to resolve this is to take a bunch of CC classes and get A's in them.

Only problem is that my sGPA and bcpGPA is so god damn diluted, that it's going to take maybe 9-10 classes to get it done.

Honestly, I'm sick of schooling and sick of everything. Even if I were to re-apply in June (which I really don't want to), I'd have to begin my CC classes NOW (or in January) which means I probbaly have to apply June 2014 if things don't work out and I really don't want to do any of this.

Please someone give me hope. What are my god honest chances for this cycle for which I already applied to?
I have faith in you. Can you bring your MS GPA up to a 3.5? That looks MUCH better than a 3.3. Your DAT is proof that you're capable of handling classes. If you can raise your MS GPA up to a 3.5 or 3.6 by spring, I'd apply again next June. Everything is saved up in AADSAS from this cycle so you won't have to re-enter all of your grades. If you want, I can help you pick schools out to maximize your chances. I learned a lot about some of the school. I did a masters also, just like you, and the difference between a 3.3 and a 3.5 sometimes is just 2 or 3 exams. You can do this, don't give up now.

I have faith in you. Can you bring your MS GPA up to a 3.5? That looks MUCH better than a 3.3. Your DAT is proof that you're capable of handling classes. If you can raise your MS GPA up to a 3.5 or 3.6 by spring, I'd apply again next June. Everything is saved up in AADSAS from this cycle so you won't have to re-enter all of your grades. If you want, I can help you pick schools out to maximize your chances. I learned a lot about some of the school. I did a masters also, just like you, and the difference between a 3.3 and a 3.5 sometimes is just 2 or 3 exams. You can do this, don't give up now.
Just to play devil's advocate, the DAT doesn't prove that one is capable of handling classes. Scoring well on the DAT does show that one can master the material for this test, but nothing about how one handles the ins and outs of school.

If someone completely dedicates 2 months to studying for the DAT, they can score very well. Scoring well on that test is reflective that one can dedicate 2 months to studying for the DAT and perform well on ONE exam. In two and a half weeks I have 5 finals in 4 days, which is nothing compared to the load in dental school, and how I can manage my time such that I do well on 5 cumulative finals is more indicative of my ability to succeed in dental school.

Look, if you're going to continue taking classes, I don't know if you should take CC classes. Some schools don't accept CC classes. Honestly look into your options. Maybe you can take classes at a state school? Also, if 9-10 class is is what it'll take to get you to a 3.0 (which is the cut off at some schools, no?) then take the 9-10 classes you need and ACE them (You can do 4 over the summer, 4 during fall semester, and 2 during spring...I think that makes a full load for the summer semesters and fall semester and a half load during the spring semester). Put your all into this. You already know what the big red flag on your application is. As I've said before, you've shown by your DAT scores that you can master science material. Now go prove that with your grades for the classes you are taking.

As I've said before, you need to determine what you're doing wrong and where you can improve in how you're approaching your classes. Are you attending class? Taking notes? Reviewing them on a daily basis? Studying on a regular basis and not cramming for exams? Be honest with yourself.

As for your master's, well you have finals coming up. Get off of SDN and study your butt off for that. Try to improve as much as you possibly can!