IMG Family Medicine Applicants- Match 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nothing Yet for me and i've honestly lost all hope ... I gave this career everything that i've had and it's time to move on . i've sacrificed my marriage, gave up my business , 10 years of my youth , time away from loved ones during their hardest time etc... it's a shame because i have no doubt that i would've became a great Physician . Good luck to you all .
Hey PMd you!

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing Yet for me and i've honestly lost all hope ... I gave this career everything that i've had and it's time to move on . i've sacrificed my marriage, gave up my business , 10 years of my youth , time away from loved ones during their hardest time etc... it's a shame because i have no doubt that i would've became a great Physician . Good luck to you all .

Hey don't give up yet, many people will be recieving IV's soon, and your app looks good for FM!, you have visa, CK score improvement, and your gap is due to genuine reasons. Did you explain your gap in your CV?
I'm sure you will receive IV's soon enough this cycle!!

Reactions: 1 user
Just received an IV at Aurora Health Care (Milwaukee) :)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejection from VCU Riverside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey don't give up yet, many people will be recieving IV's soon, and your app looks good for FM!, you have visa, CK score improvement, and your gap is due to genuine reasons. Did you explain your gap in your CV?
I'm sure you will receive IV's soon enough this cycle!!
When will people be receiving interviews!!! I still have none. If I get nothing next week I will lose my **** lol

Reactions: 1 users
No IVS :(:(:(:(don't know what PDs are looking in a CV:(

Yes, Same here and I didn't get any IVs:(

so any rejections or invitations that came out today??

Some are getting IVs from Bronxcare !!!! Anyone from here ?? Not me !!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Plz help
Non us img
Excellent step 1 and 2 ck scores
Failed cs first attepmt. Any one with similar problem got any interview?
I need help , any advice?

Sent from my G8142 using SDN mobile

Not sure about that. I wonder, are there FM programs that offer prematch ??

On FREIDA it says they don’t participate in the match but on their website it says they do.

Hello everyone, joining in here!

US-IMG

Step 1: 205
Step 2 CS: 2nd pass
Step 2 CK: 234
YOG: February 2019

1 invite so far ( lot of rejections)

Good luck everyone!

Non US IMG

Step 1: 218
Step 2 CK: 229
Step 2 CS: Pass(2nd)
Step 3: 212
YOG: 2016
Visa Status: GC
Pub:4

No IVs yet
Rejection From UI Peoria, Somerset, VCU riverside

Hopeless now!!

Non US IMG

Step 1: 218
Step 2 CK: 229
Step 2 CS: Pass(2nd)
Step 3: 212
YOG: 2016
Visa Status: GC
Pub:4

No IVs yet
Rejection From UI Peoria, Somerset, VCU riverside

Hopeless now!!

Don't lose hope, many invites yet to come and you don't need Visa, that will put you ahead

Have a great week everyone. Hoping for the best for everyone applying.

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone get an invite from Tuscaloosa?

They have been sending rejections to some people I know though. But haven’t heard of invites being given out. Oh well...

They have been sending rejections to some people I know though. But haven’t heard of invites being given out. Oh well...

I think someone here said they are on waiting list a while ago

What is going on with FM? do they interview us anymore?

I'm starting to wish I never wasted money on this "backup"

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hey MP, how many interviews are you at?

It looks like the ball is starting to roll this week for IMGs since I've gotten 2 rejections yesterday and 2 more today.
What do you think about my chances? I'm at 0 IV right now, when did you receive your invites last year?

Hey MP, how many interviews are you at?

It looks like the ball is starting to roll this week for IMGs since I've gotten 2 rejections yesterday and 2 more today.
What do you think about my chances? I'm at 0 IV right now, when did you receive your invites last year?
what are your credentials again? if you have FM
experience and lors that will help the most.

I have like 15-20 FM rejections already

I only have 1 FM and 3 IM

last year only applied to IM in midoctober without CK first IV was oct 20

I'm a Canadian IMG who went to a carribbean school that isn't in the top 10. 22x in both steps and no failures and I graduated this year. And I have 1 research preenpresent with 3 US LORs, one of them from IM and another one from FM.

I have about 14 rejections so far with no invites :(

Oh and I have 6 FM rejections and the rest are from IM

No invites so far, very depressing....

Step 1: 197
CK: 214
CS: Pass
No attempts, YOG -2017, Canadian IMG, require visa.

Have 6 FM rejections until now, applied to around 115 programs...

do i have any chance?? low scores and need visa, i feel very low and hopeless....
I recommend you email every single program. A well written personliazed email per program. Also explain any flags. Start with local ties and connections first. Good luck

I recommend you email every single program. A well written personliazed email per program. Also explain any flags. Start with local ties and connections first. Good luck

Thanks MP for the response, should i send it to PC, PD or both?

Do u think, there is still a possibility for ppl like me to get IV?

Thanks MP for the response, should i send it to PC, PD or both?

Do u think, there is still a possibility for ppl like me to get IV?

To: PD cc PC...address to PD
of course, send really good emails of interest.

do you have current family experience, LoRs?...you have to be active and keep seeing what you can do to make your application better. Try your best this year, but also have a plan B

To: PD cc PC...address to PD
of course, send really good emails of interest.

do you have current family experience, LoRs?...you have to be active and keep seeing what you can do to make your application better. Try your best this year, but also have a plan B

I have 1 family LOR from 2016 and 2 IM LOR, I have only contacted 1 program near my home...have u heard back from San Joaquin general hospital, california...any feedback on it, do u think there's chance for visa candidates like me?

I have 1 family LOR from 2016 and 2 IM LOR, I have only contacted 1 program near my home...have u heard back from San Joaquin general hospital, california...any feedback on it, do u think there's chance for visa candidates like me?
No I havent.

In my opinion, your LoRs are too old, you need more FM/primary care experience and LoRs, also try doing step 3 since you need a visa.

Last edited:
approx 50% invites gone, hopefully our turn now.

Attachments

• 4464B828-0FBB-4B32-8AD5-B726A94BB98F.png
    4464B828-0FBB-4B32-8AD5-B726A94BB98F.png
    135.4 KB · Views: 115